Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,764 members, 7,806,090 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:17 AM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here - Travel (58) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here (2597196 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (55) (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) ... (821) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by GboyegaD(m): 9:35am On Feb 01, 2016
saxywale:

In addition to Irondome;

www.pebc.ca/index.php/ci_id/3374/la_id/1.htm

1. Doc evaluation
with pebc.
(This is what your friend needs to get points for education).

It's also a long process to practice in Canada, so your friend needs to be prepared.

2. Evaluating exams (1 & 2). ( 2 days exam)
3. IELTS - Academic
4. Qualifying exam (MCQ) (2 days exam)
5. OSCE (scenario at test stations) - Interviews exam
6. Internship (Length depends on province).
7. Jurisprudence exam.

Some provinces also require a mandatory bridging program.

Ojogbon, how you dey? You dey town?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by irondome: 12:53pm On Feb 01, 2016
WaySeeker:
Thanks. I will be on the look out.

For sinp, the application offer stays open for just few days and sometimes FEW HOURS. The trick to beating other propecting applicants is to get all documents ready and pre-fill all neccessary forms online.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 2:42pm On Feb 01, 2016
GboyegaD:

Ojogbon, how you dey? You dey town?
no bro. I dey Estevan, sask. at the moment. saw your pics on fb. na every month you dey go Nigeria? lol
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by elhey: 4:06pm On Feb 01, 2016
Using this, i scored 368.

I scored myself 6 each on IELTS because i am yet to write it.

Is it looking like feasible? I have a Family friend that can nominate me but i read here its only family that can nominate.

What do u advise?

JesusDWay:

You can use the below link to calculate your score:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/crs-tool.asp

It can't go beyond what that calculator tells you. In case you are yet to do your ECA, you you should still indicate the equivalent of Bsc while filling your details in the calculator.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by bubsykay: 5:42pm On Feb 01, 2016
elhey:
Using this, i scored 368.
I scored myself 6 each on IELTS because i am yet to write it.
Is it looking like feasible? I have a Family friend that can nominate me but i read here its only family that can nominate.
What do u advise?

Advise: 6 is actually the least score that qualifies you for the Entry, you should aim at getting a CLB 9 (LWRS 8.5,777) in each of the test and that gives you a higher CRS. You can only be nominated by an immediate family member and not family friend.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by elhey: 6:04pm On Feb 01, 2016
Yesso.

Am even aiming higher than that. God dey smiley

Thanks Bubsykay

bubsykay:

Advise: 6 is actually the least score that qualifies you for the Entry, you should aim at getting a CLB 9 (LWRS 8.5,777) in each of the test and that gives you a higher CRS. You can only be nominated by an immediate family member and not family friend.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by trendy09(f): 6:42pm On Feb 01, 2016
Dhejy:
@Tunai, i need a little suggestion from you concerning LAUTECH MBA transcript collection. Already sent you a mail for confirmation
@ Tunai....u need 2 pay 4 ur wes first,once d@ is done,u'll get ur reference number and then download nd print d application request form,take it 2 ur skul nd they'll attach it 2 d transcript 2 b sent.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by cuteannie02: 8:52pm On Feb 01, 2016
Hello good people, please help a friend here, I presently scored 393 in my ee profile, I intend going for a MILR ( master of índustrial and labor relations, dis is considered as a professional degree, do you think it can be evaluated by Wes as masters? I need to get to dat 400 mark. Most especially will cic recognize it as masters degree as its not listed among the ones acceptable on their website. Thank you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by JesusDWay(m): 12:32am On Feb 02, 2016
cuteannie02:
Hello good people, please help a friend here, I presently scored 393 in my ee profile, I intend going for a MILR ( master of índustrial and labor relations, dis is considered as a professional degree, do you think it can be evaluated by Wes as masters? I need to get to dat 400 mark. Most especially will cic recognize it as masters degree as its not listed among the ones acceptable on their website. Thank you.

Those mentioned as professional degrees are specialized programmes which usually takes longer years to finish at Bachelors but the education is sufficient to practice and deemed equivalent of a Masters by CIC. WES will determine the Canadian equivalent of the MILR and I'm almost certain it will be a Masters so, you are good to go

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by GboyegaD(m): 1:19am On Feb 02, 2016
saxywale:

no bro. I dey Estevan, sask. at the moment. saw your pics on fb. na every month you dey go Nigeria? lol

I just come back since Christmas holiday.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by zeux: 1:47am On Feb 02, 2016
Good morning, please can the FSW be applied for at any point in time or is there a specific time it is done just like the US visa lottery.
Thank you.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Etfash(m): 2:46am On Feb 02, 2016
zeux:
Good morning, please can the FSW be applied for at any point in time or is there a specific time it is done just like the US visa lottery.
Thank you.

The FSW can be applied for through the EE scheme at anytime.

Meanwhile, @JesusDWay et.,al: I intend to use my Money Market Fund as POF. I know it is one of the means stated by CIC, but do you think it would be acceptable for the SINP?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by zeux: 4:44am On Feb 02, 2016
Etfash:

Meanwhile, @JesusDWay et.,al: I intend to use my Money Market Fund as POF. I know it is one of the means stated by CIC, but do you think it would be acceptable for the SINP?
Okay. Thank you.

Please house help out on this
I have never used my passport.
I have a B.Sc in Library and Information Science.
I work in a FG parastatal not relating to the library.
As a B.Sc holder, I believe I fall under Skill Level A in the NOC.
I typed the keyword "library" in the NOC filter (though i have not done any of its job duties), it had M.Sc which i don't have as its requirement under Skill Level A.
I tried using keywords like "government", "electoral", "elections" but not getting results, Please what do i do?
Am i to go down to Skill Level B and search for anything i desire?
Thank you.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 6:24am On Feb 02, 2016
GboyegaD:

I just come back since Christmas holiday.
ku igbadun ooo.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Etfash(m): 7:17am On Feb 02, 2016
@Zeux, your job roles in your employment and the qualification required will determine your NOC.

Let's say you work with a regulatory agency for instance... Type 'Regulatory'. Review the outcomes and see the one closest to what you do. If you find one that is related to what you do but isn't as clearly stated in your JD (Common in Nigerian Public Service), just tailor your Reference letter towards the role you have found, print on your Organization's letter head and have it signed by your HOD/HOU.

Cheers!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by hartson(m): 9:10am On Feb 02, 2016
Goodmorning Everyone
Please I had like to know which NOC does Civil Servants fall in.

I could not find job occupation tagged Civil Servant in the NOC list.

Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by GboyegaD(m): 9:57am On Feb 02, 2016
saxywale:

ku igbadun ooo.

Na you talk so. Let me know when next you visit.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 10:23am On Feb 02, 2016
saxywale:

In addition to Irondome;

www.pebc.ca/index.php/ci_id/3374/la_id/1.htm

1. Doc evaluation
with pebc.
(This is what your friend needs to get points for education).

It's also a long process to practice in Canada, so your friend needs to be prepared.

2. Evaluating exams (1 & 2). ( 2 days exam)
3. IELTS - Academic
4. Qualifying exam (MCQ) (2 days exam)
5. OSCE (scenario at test stations) - Interviews exam
6. Internship (Length depends on province).
7. Jurisprudence exam.

Some provinces also require a mandatory bridging program.
Hi, what I saw on the site was to do ielts first before doc evaluation. Abi I no see well?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by bubsykay: 10:30am On Feb 02, 2016
hartson:
Goodmorning Everyone
Please I had like to know which NOC does Civil Servants fall in.
I could not find job occupation tagged Civil Servant in the NOC list.
Thanks

There is nothing like civil servant sir! Your responsibilities and duties determines your NOC, You will always find a NOC that is closely related to your core responsibilities.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Garykasparov: 10:54am On Feb 02, 2016
sunrize:

Hi, what I saw on the site was to do ielts first before doc evaluation. Abi I no see well?

No, guess you didnt read it well, from my perspective, it is
step 1: Register on the pharmacists' gateway canada ($325CAD) and get a National identifier number
step 2: Apply for doc evaluation ($550CAD)
step 3: send your docs (transcript, cert....), after 8weeks period of evaluation completed
step 4: Apply for ECA version ($50CAD)

In my opinion, very expensive.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by ebemio: 11:16am On Feb 02, 2016
You read it right most regulated occupation accrediting bodies request to send your ielts result with the other requested document before verifying your documents. But you can send a certified copy of your ielts result instead of original to overcome having to pay British council another money for another copy of the ielts result you will still need for CIC it self.
sunrize:

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by zeux: 11:26am On Feb 02, 2016
Etfash:
@Zeux, your job roles in your employment and the qualification required will determine your NOC.

Let's say you work with a regulatory agency for instance... Type 'Regulatory'. Review the outcomes and see the one closest to what you do. If you find one that is related to what you do but isn't as clearly stated in your JD (Common in Nigerian Public Service), just tailor your Reference letter towards the role you have found, print on your Organization's letter head and have it signed by your HOD/HOU.

Cheers!
Thanks bro. I have found one.
Next is to prepare for IELTS.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by hartson(m): 11:39am On Feb 02, 2016
I will check and find out.to track the core duties that is related to my roles in that NOC list is quite a work but I will try.
Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 11:54am On Feb 02, 2016
Garykasparov:

No, guess you didnt read it well, from my perspective, it is
step 1: Register on the pharmacists' gateway canada ($325CAD) and get a National identifier number
step 2: Apply for doc evaluation ($550CAD)
step 3: send your docs (transcript, cert....), after 8weeks period of evaluation completed
step 4: Apply for ECA version ($50CAD)

In my opinion, very expensive.
If this is it, does it mean I can forgo ielts? Because I am.preparing for ielts, hoping to write next month after which I ll start thre process.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by JesusDWay(m): 12:00pm On Feb 02, 2016
zeux:

Okay. Thank you.

Please house help out on this

Your job title and details is what matters in this Canadian PR Application and its what determines your skill level or type, not your studies. To find your NOC, use your present job title to search for it and if you cant find an equivalent of your job title which must must have 60-70% same job details, use your job details to search it.

This goes for every other person who might be trying to find their NOC
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by JesusDWay(m): 12:07pm On Feb 02, 2016
Etfash:

Treasury Bills, Fixed Deposits are acceptable to SINP or, is there any other investment you are talking about specifically?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by JesusDWay(m): 12:09pm On Feb 02, 2016
hartson:
I will check and find out.to track the core duties that is related to my roles in that NOC list is quite a work but I will try.
Thanks

Tell us your job title and job details, we might be able to help. You are funny though, how can you be looking for Civil Servant cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Etfash(m): 12:37pm On Feb 02, 2016
JesusDWay:

Treasury Bills, Fixed Deposits are acceptable to SINP or, is there any other investment you are talking about specifically?

It's a mutual fund. Liquidity is possible in 3 workdays.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Garykasparov: 12:44pm On Feb 02, 2016
sunrize:

If this is it, does it mean I can forgo ielts? Because I am.preparing for ielts, hoping to write next month after which I ll start thre process.

Go ahead and write your IELTS exam (General) towards fulfilling language requirement of the Express entry program. I like to reiterate that we dont mix things up here. There is difference in meeting requirements for doc evaluation towards EE and there are requirements to practise in Canada. The aforementioned requirements is what you need to get an ECA for EE. Requirement to practise, however, among the aforementioned you will also need to meet some other requirement which varies according to province, and may include IELTS (academics).
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by hartson(m): 12:54pm On Feb 02, 2016
To be honest with you,I was confuse too when someone asked me that question.I could not really figure out the NOC Civil Service was classified.She is a civil servant,she works with state government.Actually I don't know her job position but I will find out from her and share it here.

Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by JesusDWay(m): 1:10pm On Feb 02, 2016
Saw the below somewhere, might be useful for the Nurses on here:

Canadian Nursing Review Program provides Internationally Educated Nurses (IEN) with d skills required to pass d NCLEX-RN & become certified to work as a nurse in Canada.
The OMNI founder, Mr. Ron Burke RN, will be visiting Nigeria to speak directly wet interested Nigerian RNs & will be giving hourly talks from 9am until 8pm.
Nursing World Nigeria is scheduling only a few people @ each hourly talk so he can have the chance to speak to each nurse, even if only for a brief time.
LAGOS-
Feb. 5 & 6th 2016
Time - 10 to 6pm
Venue- Federal Palace Hotel.

ABUJA-
Tues. Feb. 2, 2016
Wed. Feb. 3, 2016
Time: 10am - 6pm
Venue- Sheraton Hotel

hHAttendance is F.O.C. (Free of Charge).
If U would like to register your attendance, pls send an email now with the subject as"OMNI in Nigeria" to info@omnicollege.com with the following:
- Your full name
- Phone number
- email address
- Preferred appointment state, date & time.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by JesusDWay(m): 1:12pm On Feb 02, 2016
Etfash:

It's a mutual fund. Liquidity is possible in 3 workdays.

I think it should be acceptable, as long as it has the required amount 3months prior to application and there's no drop in that amount

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (55) (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) ... (821)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.