Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,365 members, 7,800,735 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 04:33 AM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here - Travel (618) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here (2592650 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (615) (616) (617) (618) (619) (620) (621) ... (821) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Momentum2017: 1:50pm On Jul 07, 2017
Please I will appreciate if I get your opinion on this,... I am waiting for WES evaluation to be concluded before I get into the pool, is it too early if I start gathering my documents i.e employer letter, proof of funds, police report etc.?

Thank you for your help, cheers.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Beckyhopeful: 2:00pm On Jul 07, 2017
[quote author=Mire222 post=58214248]

Please download their "Human capital stream "application guide to check if gift deed qualifies. I don't know the answer to that. Personally I clicked "all provinces " just to be on the safe side. When you do, make sure you look out for a drop down menu which ask something like if Ontario can contact you, then click the box. Also I'm not sure how they are issuing the NOI (notification of interest) now but sometimes you need to recreate your profile for that message to drop whenever they start issuing. [/quote
I used gift deed and I was nominated.Goodluck

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by XX01(f): 2:06pm On Jul 07, 2017
Momentum2017:
Please I will appreciate if I get your opinion on this,... I am waiting for WES evaluation to be concluded before I get into the pool, is it too early if I start gathering my documents i.e employer letter, proof of funds, police report etc.?

Thank you for your help, cheers.

I am doing that but i am being careful. I have my proof of funds but won't print out the bank statement and letter until i am ready to submit. Same with the reference letter from HR. Nigeria PCC doesn't need to be before hand but any foreign can start now especially if you have left the country and depending on validity.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by MummyJaygirls: 2:21pm On Jul 07, 2017
jugzy:
Hi Guys, please how long does it take Accra VO to return passports after PPR. Someone told me they have been clocking 6 to 7 weeks of late depending on their workload. Has anybody submitted of late? Please share your timeline from the time you passport was delivered to Accra, your online status changed to approved and when you passport was returned . Thanks

This Accra and their plenty complaints. God abeg o
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by MummyJaygirls: 2:22pm On Jul 07, 2017
bigbroda:

Lol @ekpanfly. U must b from Warri. Areaaaaa!!!

Guilty!!! grin wink
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by HTC2017: 2:29pm On Jul 07, 2017
Thank you!

boldinc:
None at all...

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by HTC2017: 2:30pm On Jul 07, 2017
Oh, cool.

Thanks.

AlexanderGreat:
Nopes. I submitted mine 6 days before. And twas successful

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Jasper52: 2:48pm On Jul 07, 2017
Hello Everyone,

I am a lawyer and i have been doing some research into the FSW program. Can someone please provide me some clarity on a particular issue I'm having:

I graduated from University of Maiduguri and did my Law school in Lagos. For security purposes it would be impossible to go back to my school for the WES verification process and i do not have anybody there i can contact to help me. I just want to know if the Results and certificate from the Law School in Lagos would suffice for the verification process; if not what other alternatives can i explore?

Thank you.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by jugzy: 2:48pm On Jul 07, 2017
I tire!

I even called them, the lady/woman that picked the call sounded too stern for a customer service rep. She told me to send an email bla la bla

I have come to realise that the whole IRCC game is a waiting game and a game of patience from ITA to AOR to PPR to COPR to PR Card and eventually Citizenship

One can only wait at this point

MummyJaygirls:

This Accra and their plenty complaints. God abeg o

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Blingyrie: 3:21pm On Jul 07, 2017
Kontagious:

Congrats on your med passed. Your AOR caught my attention - just about 2 weeks from ITA! That's remarkable.

I'd like to think most of your documents were handy before ITA, do you mind sharing ideas as to how you achieved this?

Recipients of ITA in your draw are still within the 90 days submission period, some are still gathering documents while some are waiting for POF to mature, my guy here don already pass medical!

Your post as well as @Mire222 post reechoes the fact that planning is sure critical to achieving success, and in time.

Congrats again.

Tnx for your post. Yes I was over prepared and had all the docs at hand before I created the EE profile. This is my second attempt at it; I guess I learnt from my first experience.
I got my qualifications and hubby's evaluated back in 2015, believe me, we went thru the whole long wait and stress with wes. Thereafter, got ielts (7,7,7.5,6.5) but went under hubby cos of his noc being in demand back then. And got cornered in by David cohen where we wasted our precious $1900 for them to only update our profile with a miserly 385 crs score.
I was bitter, had issues with hubby and he lost interest. But I decided to push on and try one last time. Actually promised him that I'll never bring it up if this fails, he agreed to retry it with me. My dear, we read and practiced ielts for 2weeks in April 2017 straight; ate it, slept it, and dined. God blessed our efforts as we both landed scores of 8: s8.5, r8, l8.5w7. With hubby being over 40 by now, it fell on me to create d profile.
I no lie oo, I researched for months, from beginning of year till I submitted. I never slept at night before 2am, hubby wan kolo sef hahahhaa.
I realized it's quiet easy if you put your mind to it: my tips would be:
1. Learn to read and reserach, everything you need is on Google.
2. Pay attention to details esp the ? Signs when filling out the forms; read and re-read instructions.
3. Scan and save ur docs and label them appropriately according to placeholder titles on the e-apr. believe me, this prevents mix up wen uploading.
4. Join forums, don't be quick to type much but more of reading and questioning. Note down points as applicable to ur situation. Save links.
5. Before uploading, pls pls go over a million times making sure u have everything in color and all place holders uploaded.
6. Once in pool there's nothing more you can do than to pray and commit to God. In my case, I believe God had me covered and then #olowogbogboro came along at the right time.
7. Start saving money from when u decide to apply, create a lot of out and in activities in ur account. If going to borrow money from people, let that come in months ahead.
8. Don't give excess details on ya EE profile cos you have to prove all that. Keep it simple and straight forward.
9. Familiarize ya self with where to do ya meds, take ya ielts and wes. I even did bookings for Med long before ita. Kept rescheduling till I had it.
10. Stick to the basic requirement of pof which is a ref letter from the bank probably plus FDA or Tnx only. You no need long long thing oo.
11. I read somewhere to attract oinp noi, create ya profile near friday cos they issue noi mostly on fridays.

I hope this is somewhat useful response to ya chat. Wish ya good luck , regards

34 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 3:30pm On Jul 07, 2017
MummyJaygirls:

This guy, u worry pass ekpan fly o, lol. chei!!!
Na so.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Fabmummy: 3:31pm On Jul 07, 2017
Blingyrie congratulations to u. Do u mind sharing some of the materials you used in preparing for ielts or tips. Thanks in advance

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 3:31pm On Jul 07, 2017
MummyJaygirls:

Guilty!!! grin wink

I knew it! Na only for Warri u go hear dat word. D fly for Ekpan no dey hear word o, dem worry ehn! Lol... Miss my Warri dayz. Did over 5 years there. Nothing do u!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Blingyrie: 3:34pm On Jul 07, 2017
Fabmummy:
Blingyrie congratulations to u. Do u mind sharing some of the materials you used in preparing for ielts or tips. Thanks in advance
Mostly the road to ielts link that comes with the mail after registeration. Didn't use anything else dear, the link is inactive now as I have taken d test. Sorry
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by yimiton(f): 3:56pm On Jul 07, 2017
Blingyrie:

9. Familiarize ya self with where to do ya meds, take ya ielts and wes. I even did bookings for Med long before ita. Kept rescheduling till I had it.

I hope this is somewhat useful response to ya chat. Wish ya good luck , regards

Thanks for the detailed advise.

Which of the below accepted hospitals is best to do medical test and which of them is cheapest?

1. Q-Life Family Clinic
2. The Children's Practice
3. IOM Migration Health Assessment Centre.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by yetunde84: 4:20pm On Jul 07, 2017
My NOC has 33 illustrative examples as subgroup, out of the 9 duties listed , I can only relate to a third of that and I will still need to tweak the words self to fit my responsibilities. They are so general that one wonders how 33 subgroups can all perform the 9 responsibilities.
Please I need your advice as regards this.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Garykasparov: 4:25pm On Jul 07, 2017
wayinoma:

Good afternoon brothers and sisters,
Am a newbie here. I have read but not done reading but I have a question about ielts.

Hubby and I wrote the exam below is our score.
Mine
1) speaking 8
2) writing 7
3)listening 8.5
Reading 6

Hubby
1) speaking:6.5
2)listening: 5.5
3)Reading 6
4) writing 7

Hubby is the PA.
Can we use this to create express entry profile while we 're -write the exams? Using the crs tool with this scores we have 424 points. What do you advice.

Thank you all

If your Hubby is the PA:
1) your CRS cannot be 424
2) you can not enter the pool with a score of 5.5

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Blingyrie: 4:51pm On Jul 07, 2017
yimiton:

Which of the below accepted hospitals is best to do medical test and which of them is cheapest?

1. Q-Life Family Clinic
From this thread most people advocate for the 2nd option, I guess that means it's good. Personally I think best is better than cheapest cos you don't need any dulling. I used prime medical since am in d south

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by irewole1: 5:14pm On Jul 07, 2017
Great words of wisdom from the experienced ones.

quote author=Blingyrie post=58220309]

Tnx for your post. Yes I was over prepared and had all the docs at hand before I created the EE profile. This is my second attempt at it; I guess I learnt from my first experience.
I got my qualifications and hubby's evaluated back in 2015, believe me, we went thru the whole long wait and stress with wes. Thereafter, got ielts (7,7,7.5,6.5) but went under hubby cos of his noc being in demand back then. And got cornered in by David cohen where we wasted our precious $1900 for them to only update our profile with a miserly 385 crs score.
I was bitter, had issues with hubby and he lost interest. But I decided to push on and try one last time. Actually promised him that I'll never bring it up if this fails, he agreed to retry it with me. My dear, we read and practiced ielts for 2weeks in April 2017 straight; ate it, slept it, and dined. God blessed our efforts as we both landed scores of 8: s8.5, r8, l8.5w7. With hubby being over 40 by now, it fell on me to create d profile.
I no lie oo, I researched for months, from beginning of year till I submitted. I never slept at night before 2am, hubby wan kolo sef hahahhaa.
I realized it's quiet easy if you put your mind to it: my tips would be:
1. Learn to read and reserach, everything you need is on Google.
2. Pay attention to details esp the ? Signs when filling out the forms; read and re-read instructions.
3. Scan and save ur docs and label them appropriately according to placeholder titles on the e-apr. believe me, this prevents mix up wen uploading.
4. Join forums, don't be quick to type much but more of reading and questioning. Note down points as applicable to ur situation. Save links.
5. Before uploading, pls pls go over a million times making sure u have everything in color and all place holders uploaded.
6. Once in pool there's nothing more you can do than to pray and commit to God. In my case, I believe God had me covered and then #olowogbogboro came along at the right time.
7. Start saving money from when u decide to apply, create a lot of out and in activities in ur account. If going to borrow money from people, let that come in months ahead.
8. Don't give excess details on ya EE profile cos you have to prove all that. Keep it simple and straight forward.
10. Stick to the basic requirement of pof which is a ref letter from the bank probably plus FDA or Tnx only. You no need long long thing oo.
11. I read somewhere to attract oinp noi, create ya profile near friday cos they issue noi mostly on fridays.

I hope this is somewhat useful response to ya chat. Wish ya good luck , regards [/quote]

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Dammiehar(f): 5:16pm On Jul 07, 2017
yimiton:

1. Q-Life Family Clinic

Children's practice is good, I was there with my sister yesterday. She is going to Canada as a student. Just try and get there as early as you can, because they stop taking people at 10.00 am. We got there around 9.00 am, and she was number 15 or so.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by threadstone(m): 5:22pm On Jul 07, 2017
Wheew.. three months into this thread, first time posting. I made sure i read from Page 1 till the very end. So the plan to change location kicked off in march. Applied for Passport Apr 3 - collection Apr 27. Registered for ielts in May (June 3rd exam date) results June 16

LRWS 9, 8.5, 7.5, 7.

ECA Ongoing (June) (waiting to Dive in, Micheal Phelps style). CRS estimate 473

PS Thanks to the gurus and wonderful community here- we are coming!!

@Zandora @Jesustheway @dupsyshoo @Irondome @iphie25 @vcole et al

24 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by boldinc(m): 5:32pm On Jul 07, 2017
Get the whole money as lump some to be transferred to your account by one person and then get a gift of deed in the person's name.

Ekinado:
lol! Abeg how can I explain how I got the money because am borrowing it?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by ehix89(m): 5:33pm On Jul 07, 2017
threadstone:

Wheew.. three months into this thread, first time posting. I made sure i read from Page 1 till the very end. So the plan to change location kicked off in march. Applied for Passport Apr 3 - collection Apr 27. Registered for ielts in May (June 3rd exam date) results June 16

LRWS 9, 8.5, 7.5, 7.

ECA Ongoing (June) (waiting to Dive in, Micheal Phelps style). CRS estimate 473

PS Thanks to the gurus and wonderful community here- we are coming!!

@Zandora @Jesustheway @dupsyshoo @Irondome @iphie25 @vcole et al
Please what were the processes in applying for a passport and how much did it cost, i would want to renew mine, if applying for a fresh one will speed up process i would rather go with it.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by boldinc(m): 5:43pm On Jul 07, 2017
Q-Life is good and more affordable if you have kids... Kids pay less.

yimiton:

1. Q-Life Family Clinic

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by sly4reall: 6:04pm On Jul 07, 2017
Good Days experience Gurus,

Can one do remark and get an upgrade in IELTS Writing? My spouse did very well but score 6.5 in writing which reduced our score. She is the PA.

Thanks.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 6:07pm On Jul 07, 2017
yingman:
Yes it's very possible following the new trend.
The only reason I can come up for your friend's CRS reduction is he/she getting older but the difference is huge.
Ask him to carefully go through the information he/she has provided again and use the CRS calculator once more.

It has reflected the 390, I guess interest from Ontario is on the way. Abi have they stopped? The guy can't redo ielts for anything else.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by subomi123: 6:10pm On Jul 07, 2017
Mire222:

Yes ,you should list all paid jobs in the last 10 years and provide documents/references for it. Someone said he only provided contract letters for the previous jobs and reference for his current job and his application was approved. Please note the difference with CIC here. Because they will not ask for reference for jobs you're not claiming points for if you put it in PERSONAL HISTORY. why don't you just list that period as "study" and leave out the jobs since you're not claiming points for it.

Thanks for the reply, i have one more question to ask. Regarding the ECA duplicate for the OINP application, in my express entry profile i claimed point for my spouse education. will i need to request his own ECA too and also do i need to upload the kids birth certificate? Regards

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Ajujuju2: 7:12pm On Jul 07, 2017
Blingyrie:
I can't keep calm oooo, #olowogbogboro is moving me on ooo. I just passed medicals, see my time line:

Dependents 5
EE may 4
Ita may 17
Aor June 2
Med pass July 7
NA july 7

All glory to my God...amen

Yup its coming close!
Congrats bling. Was just on immitracker n saw ur name not knowing u had declared here.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by threadstone(m): 7:20pm On Jul 07, 2017
ehix89:
Please what were the processes in applying for a passport and how much did it cost, i would want to renew mine, if applying for a fresh one will speed up process i would rather go with it.

An immigration agent i know assisted. Applied and captured same day. Then got the passport in about three weeks (two days after being printed)
Cost about 36k (plus tips).
Ive reffered at least six (including renewals and lost) since then based on my experience and all have gone smooth so far.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Ajujuju2: 7:21pm On Jul 07, 2017
[quote author=MummyJaygirls post=58215201]

No yawa, I go holla u when I enter, lol.

I can't wait to stop worrying over my application. Hmmm![/quote

Sis... No b only u follow for warri o!
(Lol. Make warri pipu catch me.)
Since Sept 2015 wen i write ielts, na one worry or anoda.

Abeg "Meds passed/IP1-2/PPR/COPR" where are you oooo?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Fabmummy: 7:50pm On Jul 07, 2017
Blingyrie:

Mostly the road to ielts link that comes with the mail after registeration. Didn't use anything else dear, the link is inactive now as I have taken d test. Sorry

Thanks a lot

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Ajujuju2: 7:55pm On Jul 07, 2017
[quote author=Blingyrie post=58220309]

Tnx for your post.
quote]

Women! Kudos ma'am ur dedication is applaudable.
On behalf of IRCC I aprrove your COPR. wink

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (615) (616) (617) (618) (619) (620) (621) ... (821)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.