Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,377 members, 7,808,321 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:19 AM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here - Travel (635) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here (2598187 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (632) (633) (634) (635) (636) (637) (638) ... (821) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by 40manlappy: 10:14pm On Jul 12, 2017
amindondee:
Good day,

AOR 14 April
MP 16 June

Pls what stage is this as per attachment

You are in NA. Did you notice if your BG status moved from "Your application is in progress" to NA after medical? If so, expect IP2 anytime soon. Cheers!

Congratulations @merrymum and @drhopeful smiley

PPR rain loading!

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by MummyJaygirls: 10:22pm On Jul 12, 2017
ymummy234:

ADR has been submitted and UCI was issued same day as ADR sef.

Do you know my inlaw, a Nigerian residing presently in london got medicals passed same day as ppr, medicals in the morning , ppr mail on the evening. AOR Jan 24. Medicals was April 19 and PPR was April 19 as well.

This cic is not predictable. I've seen timelines that it seemed there was no movement on the account, next thing it's PPR mail. They should sha do quick make person Rest from anxiety

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by ymummy234: 10:23pm On Jul 12, 2017
MummyJaygirls:

This cic is not predictable. I've seen timelines that it seemed there was no movement on the account, next thing it's PPR mail. They should sha do quick make person Rest from anxiety

You are so right... unpredictable ppl, we shall wait
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by MummyJaygirls: 10:24pm On Jul 12, 2017
Onlineise:
Congratulations to All the April AORs getting the IP2...#TeamMayAOR the breeze is beginning to blow small small to our side.

Me I never see IP1 though, or did I miss the train/alert! sad

You must have missed it. These days mails no dey drop, changes just occur on d account. That's y they advice u check ur account from time to time
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by MummyJaygirls: 10:27pm On Jul 12, 2017
amindondee:
Good day,

AOR 14 April
MP 16 June

Pls what stage is this as per attachment

You are most likely NA2 which is before IP2, the race is getting shorter.

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by 40manlappy: 10:35pm On Jul 12, 2017
MummyJaygirls:

cheesy grin

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Ajujuju2: 10:57pm On Jul 12, 2017
Onlineise:
Congratulations to All the April AORs getting the IP2...#TeamMayAOR the breeze is beginning to blow small small to our side.

Me I never see IP1 though, or did I miss the train/alert! sad

Naaa. Just log on and check. Alert may b delayed. Plus i think ts triggered automatically once meds pass. Dont wait for alert. Im jst receiving my own alert, yet d thing seems to hv changed 48-72 hours ago.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Ajujuju2: 11:00pm On Jul 12, 2017
merrymum:

You just gingered me to check mine now. And BG IP2 for me too! Nice!

AOR 12 April
MP 14 June
BG IP1 14 June
BG NA 21 June
BG IP2 12 July

(Im)patiently waiting for 'that mail'! grin

Its going to be a white xmas for you ma'am.
Congrats to u and @drhopeful

9 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by amindondee: 11:02pm On Jul 12, 2017
40manlappy:

You are in NA. Did you notice if your BG status moved from "Your application is in progress" to NA after medical? If so, expect IP2 anytime soon. Cheers!
Congratulations @merrymum and @drhopeful smiley
PPR rain loading!
MummyJaygirls:

You are most likely NA2 which is before IP2, the race is getting shorter.

Thanks for your replies. I did not observe any change in NA1 to IP1 to NA2. I just observed the MP, so it could have been in this process of movement but looking forward to the so called IP2 and final submission of our PP.

As you rightly said CIC is not predictable, but God go do am for all of us.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Topboyz5: 11:04pm On Jul 12, 2017
Folar2:

If you have Access Bank Naira Mastercard Debit, you can try it. I paid IQAS fee two days back using same naira debit card and was successful. I was charged NGN59,233.44 for CAD 215. This mean the rate used was 275.50

However, you can only do equivelent to 200USD monthly on Access bank while GTBank have 1000 USD monthly.

275 is a criminal rate .. Han han
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by emelueobi(f): 11:12pm On Jul 12, 2017
Ieltsbuddy.com, cambridge ielts series, watch YouTube for listening

please, can the house share links to good IELTS materials..Thank you[/quote]

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Baisy: 11:17pm On Jul 12, 2017
Good evening guys,

So I have now received a fresh ITA and will like to proceed to submit my application.

I have a wife and 2 children and will like to know how much the application fee is?

I checked online and saw "application and right of permanent residence" for $1,040 and "application without right of permanent residence" for $550 so I'm confused.

How much precisely is the fee for a family of four?

Thank you.

hifyty:
@baisy

Once you reject an ITA, you are back in the pool, you dont need to create a new EE profile, Just edit the current profile and put in the right ECA date and you are good to go.

The POF Issue has been debated times and times over on this thread, CIC explicitly asks for the POF in the name of PA. An alternative is to have the funds in a joint account with the PA's name on it Else, the monies have to be transferred to the PA's account and then POF submitted along with a declaration from the spouse that the monies transferred to the PA are a gift and not a loan hence need not be returned. Now while this is the standard, I personally know of a Landed PR who presented his Spouse account as POF with LOE and got away with it. so again, One is at the mercy of the VO. So whichever one works well for you.

that was a wise decision rejecting the initial ITA, you'll get another one soon enough, Do it well and do it right.

Cheers

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by freeradical(m): 11:23pm On Jul 12, 2017
Baisy:
Good evening guys,

So I have now received a fresh ITA and will like to proceed to submit my application.

I have a wife and 2 children and will like to know how much the application fee is?

I checked online and saw "application and right of permanent residence" for $1,040 and "application without right of permanent residence" for $550 so I'm confused.

Thank you.

I also have a family of four and I paid $2380 CAD. I paid for both application and RPR fees

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by phf2be: 11:26pm On Jul 12, 2017
bhanjjie:
I used WES' degree equivalency tool, and it did show that both degrees are equivalent to Canadian degrees. Is it safe to only submit my MSc credentials to WES?

I have a BSc in Biochemistry (Nig) and MSc in Public Health (Aussie). I am looking to nominate a health profession. Are you saying I only need to evaluate my MSc credentials?

Yes, for now, that's all you need.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by freeradical(m): 11:29pm On Jul 12, 2017
Good people....as suggested by y'all I just decided to check my account and lo we have passed medicals and got assigned UCI. We are currently on IP1. God will surely perfect this journey for all of us.

ITA: 12th April
AOR: 19th June
MP: 12th July
BGC IP1: 12th July
BGC NA: 13th July
BGC IP2: ??
PPR: ??

9 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by bbaby84(f): 12:27am On Jul 13, 2017
MummyJaygirls:

Oya sharp sharp submit ur application, congratulations

My darling sis.. it's just FBI PCC left which I should be getting in 2 weeks since they are now on 30th of April applications.
I've gotten bank letters and statements ready.
Work ref letters.
God will perfect what he has begun IJN.

If I'm so happy because I received ITA I wonder what I'll do when I receive COPR? Na wa for me.

7 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by esosa4real(m): 12:35am On Jul 13, 2017
MummyJaygirls:

vcole:
Hey! Fancy meeting you here all the way from the other missionary thread. lol!
Well, I am yet to start an application......still sitting on the fence.
Anyway, we do not evaluate our credentials through WES. its done through mcc Canada. Check out their site for info. www.mcc.ca
Thus far, i have gathered the following info as regards an MBBS ECA.
1)open an account on www.physiciansapply.ca a $278 non-refundable fee is charged.
2)request for a source verification (svr) of your qualification on the physicians apply site (this is done through ECFMG). It costs $157.
3)Send mcc a copy of your mbbs degree and a cover letter (downloaded from your physicians apply account) via courier.
4)2-3 working days after receiving no. 3, ECFMG sends a request for a source verification of your degree to your school via regular mail (with a copy of your degree, a form to be filled and a pre-addressed envelope). If the school does not respond within 60 days, they will send another request to the school. At this point you can opt for a courier delivery to your school. They will only repeat this step 4 up to a maximum of 3 times.
5)ECFMG responds to your school and processes your verification within 20 working days and then you can proceed to step 6.
6)Request for an ECA from mcc. this would cost $102 and would take 21 working days to process.
7)Pay a courier fee for delivery of your ECA to Nigeria (about $140).
Note that step 2 may take as long as 100 days or more seeing as most Nigerian schools claim not to receive this mail. To speed up your process, you wanna keep tabs on your school right after ecfmg requests for a source verification and ensure they check their mail and then you pay for a courier delivery back to ecfmg.

Thanks for taking ur precious time to post this!!

I myself had researched and searched all thru vcoles post before I did my mcc eca lastyear..

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by double08(m): 1:27am On Jul 13, 2017
zandora:
Hello all,

I've created this thread for Canadian Express Entry and outstanding FSW 2014 applicants since the previous thread became too long and has now been closed. I've also pasted a PDF link below which details the step by step instructions to apply for the Federal Skilled Workers Program via Express Entry.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4gWGgP8Vy5lSjFoaC01ZUtOaTg/view

In order to apply for Express Entry via FSW you need to first have a minimum of 1 year full time (30 hrs a week) or 2 years part time (15 hrs a week) skilled work experience which falls under NOC code A,B or O. Check for your NOC code below:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/noc.asp

Next take your IELTS General test.

Then evaluate your degree or credentials via WES Canada (the best option). See link below:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/noc.asp

After doing the above, to find out if you've qualified you need to score a minimum of 67 points out of 100 in the FSW grid. Calculate your score below:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/apply-factors.asp

Now that you've qualified, you can go ahead and complete your Express Entry profile via the link below:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/profile.asp

Other things you must have:

Reference letters to verify the work experience you're claiming points for in the specified format below:

Written on company letterhead.

Signed by the responsible officers/supervisor.

Have the printed name and job title of the responsible officer/supervisor beneath the signature.

Show the company’s full address, telephone and fax numbers, e-mail and website addresses

Stamped with the company’s official seal (if applicable)

The letter must include 5 things:

Your job title.

The dates of your employment (ideal format: DD/MM/YYYYY).

Your salary per year (or month).

Your average hours per week.

A detailed list of your employment duties.

Next you need to provide police certificates from all the countries you've resided in for 6 months and above since you were 18 years. See link on how to obtain PC from various countries below:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/infORmation/security/police-cert/index.asp

Then you need to provide proof of funds for you and/or your family:

Number of
Family Members Funds Required
(in Canadian dollars)
1 $12,164
2 $15,143
3 $18,617
4 $22,603
5 $25,636
6 $28,913
7 or more $32,191 (I've updated the funds requirement)

Note: Birth certificates are no longer required for applicants but are only now required for your child/children.

Wishing you the best of luck smiley!

Previous thread:

https://www.nairaland.com/1279130/canadian-federal-skilled-worker-program-timelines

Hi people I have some questions hopefully someone can help me out, I am in Canada and by next month I should have 1 year experience and be legible to apply for EE and I also have 1 year work experience in Nigeria and 2years if I decide to add my NYSC job experience, herein lies my questions;

1. Can I include the job I did during my NYSC ?
2. The company I worked for after my NYSC, was a computer training school, the school has since closed up but I can still get a letter from the proprietor but it won't have a website, will that be a problem ?

I just want to make sure I am doing the right thing before moving ahead.

Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by esosa4real(m): 1:48am On Jul 13, 2017
double08:

Hi people I have some questions hopefully someone can help me out, I am in Canada and by next month I should have 1 year experience and be legible to apply for EE and I also have 1 year work experience in Nigeria and 2years if I decide to add my NYSC job experience, herein lies my questions;

1. Can I include the job I did during my NYSC ?
2. The company I worked for after my NYSC, was a computer training school, the school has since closed up but I can still get a letter from the proprietor but it won't have a website, will that be a problem ?

I just want to make sure I am doing the right thing before moving ahead.

Thanks

1. Yes you can use the company you worked for during nysc as part of your experience. Just make sure that the experience letter meets CIC's requirements.

2. If the computer school is closed and you can get a letter, no problem. Try to indicate the current contact details of the supervisor or manager issuing you the said letter.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by MummyJaygirls: 5:22am On Jul 13, 2017
bbaby84:

My darling sis.. it's just FBI PCC left which I should be getting in 2 weeks since they are now on 30th of April applications.
I've gotten bank letters and statements ready.
Work ref letters.
God will perfect what he has begun IJN.

If I'm so happy because I received ITA I wonder what I'll do when I receive COPR? Na wa for me.

Good to know, but u can still submit application with evidence that u have started the process then upload PCC later, think about the option
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by philip3(m): 5:48am On Jul 13, 2017
optionese:
my suggestion
1 write a letter to the registry quoting this section asking for a correction.Have them sign and acknowledge receipt .

2 prepare an affidavit to reflect this error as contained in your marriage certificate .(you should title it affidavit of misrepresentation of profession)

3 if you were employed at the time of your marriage get a letter of reference and payment slip

4 write a detailed LOE to explain the error and steps you have taken to correct it.

5 scan them all and merge and place in the placeholder for marriage certificate with the marriage certificate that has the error

Just wondering if anyone has tried this? I am actually in the same boat here.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by ladyAy: 6:25am On Jul 13, 2017
Good morning house. A big well done to everyone and may all our dreams come true.

Please on this POF matter when the money is from a business account.
What if we transfer the money to my personal account and fix the TBills in my name, do a board resolution stating we've agreed to share some of the profits from the company (possibly notarize the letter), print statements showing the transfer of the money from the business account to my personal account, submit letters from the bank confirming hubby and i and the only signatories to the account and of course submit our CAC documents as well. Will these above make a good case for using company funds. Its a limited liability company owned by hubby and i.
Thanks in advance for your contributions.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Osemigho: 6:43am On Jul 13, 2017
esosa4real:

Abi oh! See i just sent him a screenshot of your message! Let him ponder on it! Lol

I get what you mean though, he is making attempts though! I just wanna support with my arsenal because of plenty reasons!
Anyways, osemigho, sooner or later, me and u go relate later, let me allow you to settle in calgary first, then I will pm you.

All the best bro!

Calgary na till September and he may need to start his serious work before then. I started fall 2017 journey around July 2016.

You may send him my email, pm if you don't have. I will be glad to answer his questions, but he will have to be patient and ready to be highly independent. Some of us were mentored and we are willing to do the same. All the best. Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Java47: 7:22am On Jul 13, 2017
freeradical:
Good people....as suggested by y'all I just decided to check my account and lo we have passed medicals and got assigned UCI. We are currently on IP1. God will surely perfect this journey for all of us.

ITA: 12th April
AOR: 19th June
MP: 12th July
BGC IP1: 12th July
BGC NA: ??
BGC IP2: ??
PPR: ??

Congrats to you and us all in advance. .

These dates are the days you either got an email notification or noticed the changes right?

Thanks.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Cheriesparkle: 7:40am On Jul 13, 2017
Good morning house.

Please can someone help me with the right

During my studies in the Uk, i was working but my job experience under NOC does not fall under skilled labour so i am opting to use my One year Nysc as my work experience.

I worked as a Computer school teacher. Please does this qualify as a skilled job to use as my work experience fall under NOC A,B or O?

And about POF, at what point do i explain the source of funds using an LOE if its a "gift deed"? Is it when the money has been in my account for 6 months or less than 6 months.
I have heard some people on this thread say we don't need money to be in the account for full 6 months before applying. Or if has been in my account for a while i don't need the letter of declaration that it is gift deed.

Please would appreciate if someone can explain properly so i understand. Thanks.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by adaifx: 8:06am On Jul 13, 2017
Please has anyone gotten transcript from madonna University, please kindly assist me with the procedure.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by freeradical(m): 8:07am On Jul 13, 2017
Java47:

Congrats to you and us all in advance. .

These dates are the days you either got an email notification or noticed the changes right?

Thanks.
I didn't get any email notification. I just kept with the trend and was checking my account for activity.

Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by fidelism: 8:08am On Jul 13, 2017
Does one's degree matter if it is in Social Sciences but working as software engineer? What is the possibility of being nominated?

?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Dammiehar(f): 8:08am On Jul 13, 2017
Cheriesparkle:
Good morning house.

Please can someone help me with the right

During my studies in the Uk, i was working but my job experience under NOC does not fall under skilled labour so i am opting to use my One year Nysc as my work experience.

I worked as a Computer school teacher. Please does this qualify as a skilled job to use as my work experience fall under NOC A,B or O? YES IT DOES, PROVIDED YOU CAN GET A REFERENCE LETTER THAT COVERS THE REQUIREMENTS OF CIC

And about POF, at what point do i explain the source of funds using an LOE if its a "gift deed"? Is it when the money has been in my account for 6 months or less than 6 months. IF IT HAS BEEN IN YOUR ACCOUNT FOR 6 MONTHS BY THE TIME YOU SUBMIT UR APPLICATION, THERE IS NO NEED TO EXPLAIN THE SOURCE. IF IT LESS THAN 6 MONTHS, YOU DEFINITELY HAVE TO EXPLAIN THE SOURCE.
I have heard some people on this thread say we don't need money to be in the account for full 6 months before applying. Or if has been in my account for a while i don't need the letter of declaration that it is gift deed.

Please would appreciate if someone can explain properly so i understand. Thanks.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by boldinc(m): 8:09am On Jul 13, 2017
$2,380 CAD

Baisy:
Good evening guys,

Thank you.

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Ajujuju2: 8:11am On Jul 13, 2017
MummyJaygirls:

Good to know, but u can still submit application with evidence that u have started the process then upload PCC later, think about the option

Im not so sure theres any need to hurry. Her ITA is fresh so she still has well over two months. I say this bcz i did a CSE over 20 busineas days ago but am yet to receive an acknowledgment from CIC and the uncertainty is killing. With d mind playing ping pong. Im asking myself Will it be seen on time before BG?

@baby84 wait out the two weeks. U may be anxious now, but trust me u are better off submitting every document at once.

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by dami99: 8:42am On Jul 13, 2017
Morning house
Please do I need to download the result report sheet on the credential evaluation page to tale to school or is it that the school will sort it out themselves. When I went through the page they said one has to pay course by course I dont understand that (is it that am going to pay for each subject or what nd the document by document what does that mean) means of payment is it bank? The last question for now please how do I create another account aside the one the agent had already created nd how do I delete that? House please make una help my condition abeg.

(1) (2) (3) ... (632) (633) (634) (635) (636) (637) (638) ... (821)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.