Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,352 members, 7,800,703 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 01:25 AM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here - Travel (729) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here (2592583 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (726) (727) (728) (729) (730) (731) (732) ... (821) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by ebho: 4:01pm On Aug 04, 2017
Congrats

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Blackbuddy: 4:06pm On Aug 04, 2017
Afamdi12:
Okay. At the time I submitted in June, I had deposited about 300K extra in POF but using today's exchange rate, the total POF in my bank statement has fallen below required sum. Are you saying CIC will use today's Oanda exchange rate to calculate assuming they were looking at my file today or they will calculate based on my submission date in June? I am pnp so my file is yet to be attended to tho, hopefully rates normalise. However, your response is scary bro...

CIC is interested in the POF as dollars but you are allowed to hold the equivalent as Naira, pounds, rupees, cedis, etc. So you are expected to have the dollar equivalent till conclusion of the application review process. If on Monday your POF is say, 4m naira and equal to $20,000.00 which is the expected POF for a family of 4 (this is just an example please), if exchange rate fluctuates and on Friday, your 4m is no longer equal to $20,000.00 but is now equal to $18,000.00, can you say have the complete POF? Ofcourse not, because you no longer have the equivalent of $20,000.00. I am not out to scare you please but just to clarify the expectation, hence I illustrated with the example of the 2014 FSW PR set so you monitor the exchange rate and increase your POF accordingly or just get the complete dollars and keep so that if naira goes up or down, you're not concerned as your $20k remains complete. This thinking keeps you ready incase you receive request for updated POF which is for the VO to see if your POF is still up to the dollar equivalent. Remember, the currency used to measure the POF is Canadian dollars not naira so please ensure your Naira POF is equal to the dollars expected for your family size at all times.

Hope you understand now.

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Blackbuddy: 4:13pm On Aug 04, 2017
debris:

hi dear all am just saying is that i already have the visa not that is under review,you mean i should leave it?
i thought about applying from as i heard getting it from canada is difficult.

Hi debris, different strokes for different folks as I know people who came as students and got the PR while here. Everything is on case to case basis, not everybody who applies from Nigeria through EE will have the same processing speed or outcome, likewise, some people may have challenge doing it in Canada and some will sail through the process. The important thing is to start your own application, afterall not everyone in your class in year one made it to final year. Please be assured and hopeful of good success in your endeavors.

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by calfy: 4:35pm On Aug 04, 2017
Dammiehar:

Royal Bank of Canada is quite easy. Once you fill out the online form and put in your details, you will be given an advisor who will contact you and tell you the next steps to take as per opening the account. He/she will also help out with the statement and everything, just make sure you tell them what you want from the beginning. The only thing is that I don't think you will be able to withdraw from that account till you get to Canada. My sister who is going to Canada as a student did the same thing to export funds to Canada.

http://www.rbc.com/newcomers/moving-to-canada-resident.html

Use the live chat.

Thank you.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by calfy: 4:44pm On Aug 04, 2017
pampem:

Congrats on ur ITA.
I requested for refund from school too. I would suggest you get the refund into your DOM account in Nigeria. Print same and use it for your POF. Include LOE with emails exchanged with the school explaining source of the fund. All the best

Thanks. How long did it take for the refund to reflect in your dom account?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by MissG(f): 4:57pm On Aug 04, 2017
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by JESUnifemi4eva: 5:00pm On Aug 04, 2017
The citizen (Your son) will be listed as a non-accompanying dependant.

No fees are to be paid and he doesn't require medical.

You however have to upload his long-form birth certificate that shows evidence of his citizenship as well as relationship with you (I believe your names were quoted as birth parents on the certificate)

Ehiobe:
Hello people,
I am about to apply for the EE. We are a family of four 2kids and 2adults. My son was born in Canada. Does he need to still do medicals since he is already a citizen and do I need to still pay the application fee for him. I am guessing I do not have to but someone was arguing that I do hence my confusion.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by infix123: 5:58pm On Aug 04, 2017
40manlappy:

Lol @ "disturbing you" cheesy

Status changed to "approved" on CIC account-August 2

Pick-up Mail-Aug 3

Please, which visa office did you send your passport ? I submitted sent mine to Ghana and it was received on friday morning(28th of august) but till now I have not gotten any approval on my profile.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by infix123: 6:04pm On Aug 04, 2017
infix123:

Please, which visa office did you send your passport ? I submitted sent mine to Ghana and it was received on friday morning(28th of august) but till now I have not gotten any approval on my profile.

Yeah! just changed to approved !!!!

9 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by MummyJaygirls: 6:29pm On Aug 04, 2017
This is what my profile looks like now, thanks my e fam for all d support. One Love kiss

Oya o, I get household items for sale, pm me for details grin grin

31 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by MrsBee: 6:32pm On Aug 04, 2017
infix123:

Congrats
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by MrsBee: 6:34pm On Aug 04, 2017
MummyJaygirls:
This is what my profile looks like now, thanks my e fam for all d support. One Love kiss

Congrats MummyJaygirls
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by ErekeBam: 6:36pm On Aug 04, 2017
Nope! I'm married.
HTC2017:
Mehn....this is on an eazyblaze level!

Are you a single applicant?

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by tbaby2015: 6:44pm On Aug 04, 2017
MummyJaygirls:

Congrats to all the recently confirmed PRs of Cannyland. That profile sure looks pretty, can't wait for d day mine will look like this...very soon by God's grace! All d best seniors

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by infix123: 6:45pm On Aug 04, 2017
MrsBee:

Congrats
Thank you!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Toy002: 6:46pm On Aug 04, 2017
MummyJaygirls:

Congrats.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by kike100: 6:59pm On Aug 04, 2017
Am also June 10 & the wait na waaaa!!!

Eligibility( under review)
Background check (N/A)

Please how do I find out where my application is?

The prayer meetings continue....hmmmm

omesanni:

Wow this really fast. Am almost 2months in and I am still stuck in IP1. My AOR was June 10. My application is in CIO, Sydney and I heard those guys over there are real slow.

What V.O was your application processed at? Also, is there anyone here whose AOR is around June and their application is being processed at CIO? Just wondering why mine is so slow

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by ugoiyke79e: 7:03pm On Aug 04, 2017
MummyJaygirls:

Hahahahahaha.....mamajayssss
Congrats maaam
pls can i buy your pot?

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by TBDL: 7:40pm On Aug 04, 2017
MummyJaygirls:

Congrats the "funny" mummy!!
We hope for our profiles to look somewhat like this soonest!!

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by 40manlappy: 7:50pm On Aug 04, 2017
infix123:

Accra. I guess you meant July 28. Don't worry, approval will soon come smiley

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by 40manlappy: 7:52pm On Aug 04, 2017
infix123:

Congrats! I just saw this grin

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by 40manlappy: 8:19pm On Aug 04, 2017
MummyJaygirls:

Congrats! wink

Lol @bolded cheesy grin

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Ladon7: 8:24pm On Aug 04, 2017
am back ooo, pls what are other documents I can use in lieu of a reference letter, my office is bent on giving me letter of introduction without stating my job Des, salary and designation. Pls help ooo, I Av my employment letter and payslip. I work in a government agency
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by MummyJaygirls: 8:24pm On Aug 04, 2017
ugoiyke79e:

Hahahahahaha.....mamajayssss
Congrats maaam
pls can i buy your pot?

Tah! cheesy grin

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by MummyJaygirls: 8:25pm On Aug 04, 2017
40manlappy:

Congrats! wink

Lol @bolded cheesy grin

No time o cheesy

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by MummyJaygirls: 8:26pm On Aug 04, 2017
TBDL:

Congrats the "funny" mummy!! grin
We hope for our profiles to look somewhat like this soonest!!

Very soon
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by MummyJaygirls: 8:27pm On Aug 04, 2017
tbaby2015:

Congrats to all the recently confirmed PRs of Cannyland. That profile sure looks pretty, can't wait for d day mine will look like this...very soon by God's grace! All d best seniors

Verysoon

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by MummyJaygirls: 8:28pm On Aug 04, 2017
MrsBee:

Congrats MummyJaygirls
Toy002:

Congrats.

Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Samdee12: 8:36pm On Aug 04, 2017
Good evening, please I would like your help on how to apply for EE, how and where do I start

Blackbuddy:

CIC is interested in the POF as dollars but you are allowed to hold the equivalent as Naira, pounds, rupees, cedis, etc. So you are expected to have the dollar equivalent till conclusion of the application review process. If on Monday your POF is say, 4m naira and equal to $20,000.00 which is the expected POF for a family of 4 (this is just an example please), if exchange rate fluctuates and on Friday, your 4m is no longer equal to $20,000.00 but is now equal to $18,000.00, can you say have the complete POF? Ofcourse not, because you no longer have the equivalent of $20,000.00. I am not out to scare you please but just to clarify the expectation, hence I illustrated with the example of the 2014 FSW PR set so you monitor the exchange rate and increase your POF accordingly or just get the complete dollars and keep so that if naira goes up or down, you're not concerned as your $20k remains complete. This thinking keeps you ready incase you receive request for updated POF which is for the VO to see if your POF is still up to the dollar equivalent. Remember, the currency used to measure the POF is Canadian dollars not naira so please ensure your Naira POF is equal to the dollars expected for your family size at all times.

Hope you understand now.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by ugoiyke79e: 8:44pm On Aug 04, 2017
MummyJaygirls:

Tah! cheesy grin

shhhooooooooo.....u no wan sell again?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by ugoiyke79e: 8:55pm On Aug 04, 2017
Hello house!!!

congrats to all with recent approvals....

pls ooohhh This is calling on all past, recent and future PPR holders Portharcourt and environs.....Imo,Abia,Bayelsa,Delta,Ebonyi, Anambra etcc.......

I have been reliably informed that an IOM(Pre arrival Orientation) session can be arranged for us in November if we can make up to 15 participants.
Enugu just had a session and others upcoming are in lag and Abuja....

I am sure we wouldnt want to travel that far to tap into this important resource.
I am also sure the orientation is highly recommended as it touches various important topics and even offers flight deals.

Arise PH and environs residents!!! let us quickly get PPR....let us indicate interest.......
let us bring IOM here for our convenience.....
pls feel free to PM me....

Cheers.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Dammiehar(f): 8:56pm On Aug 04, 2017
Samdee12:
Good evening, please I would like your help on how to apply for EE, how and where do I start

Page 0 of this thread. It's for your own good. If you can read the first 100 pages and last 100 pages, you will be equipped with all the information you need. All the best.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (726) (727) (728) (729) (730) (731) (732) ... (821)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.