Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,288 members, 7,807,978 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:57 AM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here - Travel (810) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here (2597996 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (807) (808) (809) (810) (811) (812) (813) ... (821) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by perks: 1:41pm On Aug 17, 2017
temydee1:
@pecks, pls can you send me your email addrss

Sent u a PM
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Kontagious(m): 1:43pm On Aug 17, 2017
Algbenguze:

Wetin dey worry these IELTS and BC people sef? They are beginning to look suspicious and dodgy and smell of foul play. They had better monitored their examiners' activities to protect the exam integrity. How do you explain a 6.5 increase to 8.5 after a remark? I'm suspecting it's either they are doing it deliberately (for more profit) or some agents of darkness have infiltrated their ranks just to position themselves to delay and frustrate people's destinies. My prayer for those that may still need to sit/resit the test is that they will never have access to your answer sheet or result in Jesus' name.
Let me hear ur amen!
See me dey sound like preacher. Lol.
Bros, which component did you remark?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by perks: 1:49pm On Aug 17, 2017
ebho:
Hello Fam.

God is Great!!!

Timeline

AOR - 21st July
MP - 1st August
NA/IP1 - 1st August
NA2 - 3rd August.
IP2. - 10th August.
PPR - 16th August

May all our Heart desire be answered IJN AMEN.

Congrats bro. My timeline will also be like dis IJN oooo. grin

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Ennyo: 1:49pm On Aug 17, 2017
Helo Ebho,

How long did your wife's MCC take?
ebho:
Hello Fam.

God is Great!!!

Timeline

AOR - 21st July
MP - 1st August
NA/IP1 - 1st August
NA2 - 3rd August.
IP2. - 10th August.
PPR - 16th August

May all our Heart desire be answered IJN AMEN.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Algbenguze: 2:07pm On Aug 17, 2017
Kontagious:

Bros, which component did you remark?

It wasn't my score. It was posted by someone who had a remark in Speaking. It was the huge 2 band difference that made me smell a rat somewhere.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by MummyJaygirls: 2:09pm On Aug 17, 2017
garywhite:
Please good People of Nairaland, i honestly need your advice coupled with the fact that i have so many questions before IELTS make somebody go depressed:

(1) Is there a cut-off before you can be considered to be in the pool?
Spouse and i have 414 from CRS assessment altogether from LRSW: 8.5, 6.5, 7.5,7.5 & 6, 6.5, 6, 7.

(2)Whats the possibility for reading remark to be upgraded cuz i'm not so buoyant for a re-sit.

(3) What certificates or Transcripts alike are important to be sent to WES? Cuz i have HND, BEng, MEng spouse has BSc and PGD

U may be lucky with ur reading remark, but shey u know if u remark and the score doesn't change ur 15k has gone and u will need to write ielts again. So think am well. Remark takes about 12 weeks. While waiting for response on remark and money show for hand, u can retake d test. Ur spouse may not need to if I r d principal and vice versa

Evaluate ur highest qualification which is MEng

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by sistaj: 2:28pm On Aug 17, 2017
Good day House,I thank the seniors in the house who make out time to answer queries and educate newbies like us.I have been highly enlightened by the trove of information available on this thread. Pls I need advise on filling my Wes profile for ECA.I intend to evaluate only my MBA degree which is my highest qualification but I can see it written on the site that I should include my secondary education and higher education study for analysis.Do I still include them or ignore and only include my Masters as I do not intend to pay for any except the Masters.
Thank you very much.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by boldinc(m): 2:41pm On Aug 17, 2017
MBA alone is fine...

sistaj:
Good day House,I thank the seniors in the house who make out time to answer queries and educate newbies like us.I have been highly enlightened by the trove of information available on this thread. Pls I need advise on filling my Wes profile for ECA.I intend to evaluate only my MBA degree which is my highest qualification but I can see it written on the site that I should include my secondary education and higher education study for analysis.Do I still include them or ignore and only include my Masters as I do not intend to pay for any except the Masters.
Thank you very much.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by kimipa: 3:21pm On Aug 17, 2017
Someone should please answer me ooooooo, so there wont be errors in my processing.

kimipa:
@dupyshoo, @zandora and @others on this great thread.

I have started ECA with WES, However, my concern is the NOCs am looking at:

I have experience in NOC 1221 which is Administrative Officer with my present company for 3.5YEARS, however, on my employment letter and pay slip it is written as ADMIN/LOGISTICS OFFICER.

I was also promoted to PERSONAL ASSISTANT which is in line with NOC 1222 EXECUTIVE ASSISTANT and I have been in this position for just over a year.

QUESTION:

Can I apply for NOC 1221 which is Administrative Officer where I have 3.5 years experience even though my letter of employment and payslip reads Admin/logistics officer but the Job descriptions are the same in terms of the administrative functions.

OR

CAN I apply for NOC 1222 [b]EXECUTIVE ASSISTANT[/b] where I have just 1 year experience even though my letter of appointment reads PERSONAL ASSISTANT to the MD and the Job descriptions/functions are almost the same.

The company does not give out reference letters for migration or embassy appointments/visa processing, So my question is can:

CAN a sworn affidavit and or notarized document on plain paper suffice in place of reference letter from the company.

Thank you all as I await your response(s)
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by follyzee: 3:25pm On Aug 17, 2017
Hi dear

Pls dont be depressed. I know someone that has plenty travel history, family of 5 that got PPR in less than a month in Nigeria.

What matters is God, he answers prayers at d appropriate time 4 every individual.
Keep hope alive and ensure u fill your forms n upload with as much patience as possible. Don't be in a rush to submit.

bigfido:

I just looked at my passport and got depressed. i also read it that CIC get's in touch with countries you have visited for clearance. *puts both hands on head*

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Olamidexy: 3:31pm On Aug 17, 2017
Hello house, is it possible to add a spouse to your cic application after you get ppr and what is the process like?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by ajiifixing(m): 3:33pm On Aug 17, 2017
kimipa:
Someone should please answer me ooooooo, so there wont be errors in my processing.

What matters is the job description on the reference letter to be issued by your organization. The job title does not really matter. Only ensure the job description matches CIC's own by about 70-80% and you will be fine.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Eesha: 3:41pm On Aug 17, 2017
ITA received April 2017
eApr submitted 10 June
AOR 12 june
Meds passed 18 July
BGC IP1 20 July
BG IP2 27 July
PPR 4 August
PP submitted 5 August
PP returned 16 Aug

Tickets purchased. Bye Naija Nov. tongue
TBDL:

Congrats Eesha!!
Please share your timeline,
Thanks.

23 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by MummyJaygirls: 3:46pm On Aug 17, 2017
kimipa:
@dupyshoo, @zandora and @others on this great thread.

I have started ECA with WES, However, my concern is the NOCs am looking at:

I have experience in NOC 1221 which is Administrative Officer with my present company for 3.5YEARS, however, on my employment letter and pay slip it is written as ADMIN/LOGISTICS OFFICER.

I was also promoted to PERSONAL ASSISTANT which is in line with NOC 1222 EXECUTIVE ASSISTANT and I have been in this position for just over a year.

QUESTION:

Can I apply for NOC 1221 which is Administrative Officer where I have 3.5 years experience even though my letter of employment and payslip reads Admin/logistics officer but the Job descriptions are the same in terms of the administrative functions.

OR

CAN I apply for NOC 1222 [b]EXECUTIVE ASSISTANT[/b] where I have just 1 year experience even though my letter of appointment reads PERSONAL ASSISTANT to the MD and the Job descriptions/functions are almost the same.

The company does not give out reference letters for migration or embassy appointments/visa processing, So my question is can:

CAN a sworn affidavit and or notarized document on plain paper suffice in place of reference letter from the company.

It's the job description that matters not what ur position held is called. What does ur ref letter specify as ur schedule of duties? That is what u should follow in choosing ur Noc

My ref letter had duties that matched the duties of HR on cic, meanwhile my designation is admin officer. So I chose the HR Noc.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by ITABABE: 3:46pm On Aug 17, 2017
Eesha:
ITA received April 2017
eApr submitted 10 June
AOR 12 june
Meds passed 18 July
BGC IP1 20 July
BG IP2 27 July
PPR 4 August
PP submitted 5 August
PP returned 16 Aug

Tickets purchased. Bye Naija Nov. tongue
all the best. Seems Ghana is no longer delaying passports
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by seggie007: 3:47pm On Aug 17, 2017
Finally It's PPR guys... smiley smiley grin grin I'm so FULL OF JOY and EXCITED.. It's been a long ride. I just got the email an hour ago that i have a new notification in my cic email. It was probably the most scariest thing ever, even though i knew it's positive from my gcms notes already said it all. I actually sent them an email and CSE yesterday highlighting it's been over 196 days and there hasn't been any final conclusion.

Craziest thing was, I resigned a few weeks ago and tomorrow is my last day were i consult smiley. Can't keep thanking God.

Wish everyone of us here PPR soon.

My timeline
Province of Nomination: Ontario
Provincial Nomination Letter: 18th December 2016
ITA - 22nd December 2016
AoR: 01/02/2017
Medical Passed: 02/03/2017
P1 - Didn't take note of date when this changed
NA - Didn't take note of date when this changed
IP2 - This was in June, not sure when exactly
Additional Doc: 10/07/2017
PPR: 17/08/2017

48 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by MrsBee: 4:01pm On Aug 17, 2017
seggie007:
Finally It's PPR guys... smiley smiley grin grin I'm so FULL OF JOY and EXCITED.. It's been a long ride. I just got the email an hour ago that i have a new notification in my cic email. It was probably the most scariest thing ever, even though i knew it's positive from my gcms notes already said it all. I actually sent them an email and CSE yesterday highlighting it's been over 196 days and there hasn't been any final conclusion.

Craziest thing was, I resigned a few weeks ago and tomorrow is my last day were i consult smiley. Can't keep thanking God.

My timeline
ITA - 22nd December 2016

Congratulations
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by MRSDA: 4:12pm On Aug 17, 2017
seggie007:

My timeline
ITA - 22nd December 2016

Congratulations!!!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by AlexanderGreat(m): 4:14pm On Aug 17, 2017
Congratulations
seggie007:

My timeline
ITA - 22nd December 2016

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by AwesomeGod: 4:17pm On Aug 17, 2017
Hello Kontagious,
Apparently we wrote our IELTS on the same day. Have you applied for remark? If so can you pls share your experience? I had the following:
listening 9.0
Reading 8,5
Writing 7.5
Speaking 8.5
Someone advised me to ask for a remark. Reason being that if i wanted to apply for assessment for my professional body in Australia I would need an 8 across board. Also that would give me 20 points instead of 10. Pls lets know how you get on, I have not gone to pick up my results.

Kontagious:
Good Morning Friends,

I'm a little bit devastated but definitely not subdued.

LRSW: 8.5,8,7.5,6.5.

Writing is in no way my weakness neither did I not deliver the expected. Will be asking for a remark come Monday.

I'd be back shortly to share my IELTS experience (even if this result isn't perfect).

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by kimipa: 4:19pm On Aug 17, 2017
@ajiifixing and all

ajiifixing:

What matters is the job description on the reference letter to be issued by your organization. The job title does not really matter. Only ensure the job description matches CIC's own by about 70-80% and you will be fine.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by AwesomeGod: 4:26pm On Aug 17, 2017
Congratulations!! Please I am new here and will like to ask what determines whether one uses Provincial Nomination or Express Entry via FSW. Is Provincial faster and/or easier? Also are there any lawyers applying or do you know any lawyer tht hs been abl to relocate? Pls i need help on choosing NOC
seggie007:

My timeline
ITA - 22nd December 2016

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by sistaj: 4:31pm On Aug 17, 2017
boldinc:
MBA alone is fine...
A million thanks

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by TBDL: 4:31pm On Aug 17, 2017
seggie007:

My timeline
ITA - 22nd December 2016

Big Congrats!!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by ebho: 4:32pm On Aug 17, 2017
Ennyo:
Helo Ebho,

How long did your wife's MCC take?

Took about 4 months but could be lesser as her was rejected at her first application because we did not notorize them.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by seggie007: 4:33pm On Aug 17, 2017
AwesomeGod:
Congratulations!! Please I am new here and will like to ask what determines whether one uses Provincial Nomination or Express Entry via FSW. Is Provincial faster and/or easier?

The benefit with provincial nominee is that the province that nominates you gives you 600 points which boosts your score and allow you get an invitation to apply for PR. The downside recently is that the processing have been taking a long time. I've noticed FSW processing to be faster in most cases. If you pass the round score and you are invited to apply under the FSW, then i'll advise you proceed with it. If your score isn't as high enough then you should follow the PNP route.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Yewwygraceful: 4:34pm On Aug 17, 2017
Congratulations

My timeline
ITA - 22nd December 2016

[/quote]

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Farefare: 4:43pm On Aug 17, 2017
4Barr:
ECA ready! Diving into the pool.

Congrats oh! I have been waiting and still waiting for mine.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by perks: 4:44pm On Aug 17, 2017
seggie007:

My timeline
ITA - 22nd December 2016

Congrats. Can u share wat d ADR of 10/07/2017 was abt?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Blackbuddy: 4:48pm On Aug 17, 2017
Olamidexy:
Hello house, is it possible to add a spouse to your cic application after you get ppr and what is the process like?

Hi, it is possible if you immediately inform AVO or the VO concerned that you now have a spouse and wish to have the person added to your application. This will delay issuance of your PR visa as you will be required to pay the person's application fee, the person will need to undergo and pass medicals and you will have to increase and provide evidence of appropriate POF for your new family size. You'll also need to pay RPRF for your spouse after the new medicals before both of you then receive a new PPR. All the best.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Osemigho: 4:54pm On Aug 17, 2017
ugoiyke79e:

property/equity isnt accepted...
Your funds need to be readily available and unencumbered.
see attachment.

Okay. Thanks for the reply.

I believe fixed deposit cert without Starement of account is sufficient. True?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Kontagious(m): 4:58pm On Aug 17, 2017
AwesomeGod:
Hello Kontagious,
Apparently we wrote our IELTS on the same day. Have you applied for remark? If so can you pls share your experience? I had the following:
listening 9.0
Reading 8,5
Writing 7.5
Speaking 8.5
Someone advised me to ask for a remark. Reason being that if i wanted to apply for assessment for my professional body in Australia I would need an 8 across board. Also that would give me 20 points instead of 10. Pls lets know how you get on, I have not gone to pick up my results.
Hi,

I’ve applied for the remark but it takes 10 weeks to get it back. Let me quickly say I was told at BC it take about 10 weeks. So I asked, by about that means it could be less or even more than 10 weeks. Lady responded that maximum is 10 weeks – remark takes 6 to 8 weeks, then travel time (to and fro) of 10 days, so maximum period is 10 weeks.

If I may ask, what do you need the result for? Canada and/or Australia? If Canada, as you may know, this result give you maximum point you can get. If Australia, then you should consider a remark, you’d likely get a boost but you won’t be able to use this result even for your Canadian need till the remark comes back.

(1) (2) (3) ... (807) (808) (809) (810) (811) (812) (813) ... (821)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.