Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,298 members, 7,808,012 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:15 AM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here - Travel (811) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here (2598028 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (808) (809) (810) (811) (812) (813) (814) ... (821) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by AwesomeGod: 5:04pm On Aug 17, 2017
Thanks for your prompt response. At what point do you know your score? I have just created a Profile (not concluded yet though)
seggie007:

The benefit with provincial nominee is that the province that nominates you gives you 600 points which boosts your score and allow you get an invitation to apply for PR. The downside recently is that the processing have been taking a long time. I've noticed FSW processing to be faster in most cases. If you pass the round score and you are invited to apply under the FSW, then i'll advise you proceed with it. If your score isn't as high enough then you should follow the PNP route.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by AwesomeGod: 5:12pm On Aug 17, 2017
Less than a month starting from what point? hat ws the primary applicants occupation?
follyzee:
Hi dear

Pls dont be depressed. I know someone that has plenty travel history, family of 5 that got PPR in less than a month in Nigeria.

What matters is God, he answers prayers at d appropriate time 4 every individual.
Keep hope alive and ensure u fill your forms n upload with as much patience as possible. Don't be in a rush to submit.

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Yewwygraceful: 5:18pm On Aug 17, 2017
Hi AwesomeGod, I am a Lawyer and have submitted my application. Do you have any questions

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Patterns18: 5:21pm On Aug 17, 2017
Patterns18:
Dear Seniors,

I recently received ITA, must the information I am re entering post ITA be exactly the same information I entered pre ITA ( EE profile before I received ITA)?

E.g. I didnt breakdown my work experience initially to show the different job roles I did, but the period remains same.

I adjusted some of the timelines and changed the POF initially quoted. Family of 5, from 35k to 30k etc

Waiting for your advice pleaseeeee
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Kontagious(m): 5:24pm On Aug 17, 2017
Algbenguze:

It wasn't my score. It was posted by someone who had a remark in Speaking. It was the huge 2 band difference that made me smell a rat somewhere.
Thanks. Speaking of 6.5 and 8.5 are far apart, very. Only God knows what the initial examiner was thinking to grade a 8.5 speech 6.5

There should be more than mere refund of 15,000 when stuffs like this happens, though seems the graders are somewhat penalized.

BC can start with newspaper apology, maybe in 3 dallies grin then full refund of test fee grin for the 10 weeks delay.

6 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by ehix89(m): 5:48pm On Aug 17, 2017
dumsydsassy1:

Hello. You can use hellofax.com or myfax.com. Fax to +17804229734. Remember to put your application number on the cover page. I faced mine on the 28th of July and they responded and acknowledged receipt 16/08/2017. So yes they will respond but you need to give them time.
Hello, is that fax number for IQAS or WES, i intend sending mine to WES tonight, anyone with WES fax number please do well to mention, Gracias.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by 1kingwriter: 5:58pm On Aug 17, 2017
Good evening all.

Please I need your advice here.
I started a private investment since 2011, Media consultancy and farming.
How do I capture this in this Canada immigration?

For POF I am liquidating my interest in the farm. Lumping the funds in my account and printing it - will it be fine?

Anyone who travelled this route?
I need your help.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by emanode(m): 6:08pm On Aug 17, 2017
I want to appreciate God and the great people of this thread for your contributions. Got the golden mail yesterday, i hope it encourages someone.This is my timeline.
timeline
FSW
VO - Ottawa
ee profile - 15 may
ita - 17th may
aor - 27th june
meds passed - 18th july
Adr - 18th july
ip1- 19th july
NA - 21st july
ip2 - 9th august
PPR - 16th August

29 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Dhejavu: 6:24pm On Aug 17, 2017
Congrats bro. More PPR falling on us.
quote author=emanode post=59570451]I want to appreciate God and the great people of this thread for your contributions. Got the golden mail yesterday, i hope it encourages someone.This is my timeline.
timeline
FSW
VO - Ottawa
ee profile - 15 may
ita - 17th may
aor - 27th june
meds passed - 18th july
Adr - 18th july
ip1- 19th july
NA - 21st july
ip2 - 9th august
PPR - 16th August
[/quote]

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by yimiton(f): 6:24pm On Aug 17, 2017
Wow! Congrats. This is such a fantastic timeline. PPRs are raining today.

emanode:
I want to appreciate God and the great people of this thread for your contributions. Got the golden mail yesterday, i hope it encourages someone.This is my timeline.
timeline
FSW
VO - Ottawa
ee profile - 15 may
ita - 17th may
aor - 27th june
meds passed - 18th july
Adr - 18th july
ip1- 19th july
NA - 21st july
ip2 - 9th august
PPR - 16th August
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by calfy: 6:25pm On Aug 17, 2017
Mire222:
I am a silent reader of this thread and I have benefited immensely from the contributions here which is why I am motivated to give back especially because my case is peculiar so I hope it will encourage or help someone. please before I begin, I would like to encourage people to read the thread from beginning before coming to ask questions that have been flogged and over flogged on the thread. It makes the thread unnecessarily long which in turn discourages people who would have actually put in effort to start from the beginning and there are little important inputs within that would help someone which could be missed if one does not read through.

My degree is in law but my NOC is in management ." Iphie's "posts led me to use IQAS for my evaluation instead of the popular WES because an LLB is awarded more marks as professional degree which going through WES doesn't give. This boosted my CRS. I evaluated only my degree certificate. You do not need to evaluate law school Certificate.I don't have an LLM. my CRS score was 407 so I had to apply through Ontario. I received NOI in April, applied may 20th and got nominated June 26th with 600points which boosted my score to 1007. I don't have reference letter (which is a very important document in the express entry process) because the company I worked for was shut down. so in place of reference letter, I provided a letter (in form of a reference letter) written(typed actually) by me and notarized by a notary public stating everything that is required to be written in a reference letter. regarding the format of the letter, I started the letter in the form of an affidavit (I, Dolly Parton, hereby declare that...) and not like a proper formal letter with addresses. Also, I attached all my contract/employment letters which had my salary,job roles and position stated, income tax certificate,6 pay stubs and my first and last bank statements showing salary deposits . Before applying for OINP(ontario Immigration nominee program) please ensure that you request your duplicate ECA to be sent to OINP from whatever evaluation company you used. This will reduce any delay in processing your application. The process of requesting for duplicate ECA from IQAS got irritating cos they requested I send hard copies of my request form which cost me more because I used EMS express whom also did not deliver my documents on time(supposed to be 5 days but took up to 2-3weeks). I was fortunate to get a reply from a better informed IQAS representative before EMS was able to deliver my duplicate request form to IQAS, that advised that I could send the requested application copies by fax which was received immediately .why I said "better informed " is because prior to sending my documents through EMS, another representative had responded to my enquiry that IQAS doesn't receive faxed documents .About the fax, I used a free fax service I found online gotfreefax.com. I was able to fax the documents for free to IQAS .There are other online fax services you can use to send fax. All you have to do is scan your documents and send it through their fax link and it gets delivered to the fax machine. There are usually instructions on the websites/apps about how to get it done. (I love how much the internet has made life easier) . Lateness in requesting your duplicate to be sent to OINP can delay your application. Recently, some applications have been processed within a week. I got ITA after the nomination last week .I think I have said all that needs to be said. More information on OINP human capital stream can be found on http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/oinp-ee-human-capital-priorities-stream-comprehensive-guide.396543/page-315

After receiving nomination, OINP Will deliver the nomination certificate to you through express mail. mine arrived after 7 days of nomination . When filling my ITA online, I noticed there was no place for uploading the nomination certificate but had read somewhere that CIC usually requests for it. so what I did (which I read somewhere that others also do) was to upload the nomination certificate together with the LOE .my LOE also explained the reason why I don't have a reference letter and that my POF (treasury bill) is from my husband because the treasury bill statements are in his name. He also wrote a letter stating that he's giving me access to the funds which we uploaded to the POF section.

OINP is definitely expensive and cumbersome to apply for because they request for more documents than CIC did ,but it can be done. Yes, I did it on my own without an agent .I understand that this application process can seem too much for some to manage themselves but I believe with patience and research, it can be done. Hope my post helps someone. Once again ,I appreciate the people who contribute to this thread. God bless you abundantly.

Hi, please how long did your PR application take. I can see that PR applications through provincial nomination take longer than the normal EE.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by cochtrane(m): 6:26pm On Aug 17, 2017
dupyshoo:
807 pages now!! shocked

This thread is getting too long.

Please who will volunteer to help create another one?

My suggestions of information to be included on the first page are:

7) Frequently asked questions and answers (Oga Cochtrane will be able to help with this grin

Please let us add other information that we think will be beneficial to new people reading the thread.
Certainly can help if needed. Would be glad to. smiley

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by cochtrane(m): 6:28pm On Aug 17, 2017
Hephgirl:
So I got confused at d attached.

Those who understand English very well Eg. @Cochtrane please what's d documents required to claim points for ur sibling being a PR in Canada?.

I know birth certificate
PR card

But these other points I'm reading below got me lost... So glad it's not ielts undecided

That's not so clear. I guess they want both the passport and then the parents' marriage certificate.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by dumsydsassy1: 6:31pm On Aug 17, 2017
ehix89:
Hello, is that fax number for IQAS or WES, i intend sending mine to WES tonight, anyone with WES fax number please do well to mention, Gracias.

Hey, it's for IQAS. Have no idea for WES. Someone else can help.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Yooku: 6:32pm On Aug 17, 2017
bigfido:

I just looked at my passport and got depressed. i also read it that CIC get's in touch with countries you have visited for clearance. *puts both hands on head*

Read it where please? A link share will be appreciated. I asked before on this thread if whether having multiple travels in your history for periods not requiring a PCC can influence your application and the feedback was affirmative that it had no effect

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Hephgirl: 6:42pm On Aug 17, 2017
Please what's wes canada fax number
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by bbaby84(f): 6:45pm On Aug 17, 2017
Hephgirl:
So I got confused at d attached.

Those who understand English very well Eg. @Cochtrane please what's d documents required to claim points for ur sibling being a PR in Canada?.

I know birth certificate
PR card

But these other points I'm reading below got me lost... So glad it's not ielts undecided

Sis this English is not hard naw... lol
* PR card/ Canadian passport
*Siblings BC and your BC obviously showing you had the same surname at some point. (Proof of relationship)
*Proof of residence ( utility bill e.g. mortgage, phone, insurance bill etc something with proof or address)
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Algbenguze: 6:53pm On Aug 17, 2017
garywhite:
Please good People of Nairaland, i honestly need your advice coupled with the fact that i have so many questions before IELTS make somebody go depressed:

(1) Is there a cut-off before you can be considered to be in the pool?
Spouse and i have 414 from CRS assessment altogether from LRSW: 8.5, 6.5, 7.5,7.5 & 6, 6.5, 6, 7.

(2)Whats the possibility for reading remark to be upgraded cuz i'm not so buoyant for a re-sit.

(3) What certificates or Transcripts alike are important to be sent to WES? Cuz i have HND, BEng, MEng spouse has BSc and PGD

Q2: Ask for remark in Reading and book another test as well. Don't get discouraged by the unlikely chance of a score upgrade. I believe the unfavorable probability of success in remarking Listening and Reading is partly caused by people's reluctance to remark them in the first place. If more and more people contest their scores in L & R, the narratives may begin to change.
Go ahead, that 'slim' chance is worth the N15K. Let's begin to challenge these BC guys, otherwise we're giving them an avenue they can exploit knowing they'll likely go unquestioned. Remember, they are also in business whichever way you look at it. Nobody is a saint, believe me!

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by folamingo: 6:58pm On Aug 17, 2017
Australia uses IELTS Academic and not General module the last time I checked.

You might want to verify before asking for a remark.

Cheers
AwesomeGod:
Hello Kontagious,
Apparently we wrote our IELTS on the same day. Have you applied for remark? If so can you pls share your experience? I had the following:
listening 9.0
Reading 8,5
Writing 7.5
Speaking 8.5
Someone advised me to ask for a remark. Reason being that if i wanted to apply for assessment for my professional body in Australia I would need an 8 across board. Also that would give me 20 points instead of 10. Pls lets know how you get on, I have not gone to pick up my results.

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Algbenguze: 7:05pm On Aug 17, 2017
MummyJaygirls:

U may be lucky with ur reading remark, but shey u know if u remark and the score doesn't change ur 15k has gone and u will need to write ielts again. So think am well. Remark takes about 12 weeks. While waiting for response on remark and money show for hand, u can retake d test. Ur spouse may not need to if I r d principal and vice versa

Evaluate ur highest qualification which is MEng

I agree with u @MummyJaygirls. Let him remark Reading and Writing, even Speaking sef. It's the same cost and if he's unlucky with Reading, he may be lucky in either of the other 2 and get a refund. Whichever way, he won't be losing.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by folamingo: 7:18pm On Aug 17, 2017
Sorry its the PTE Academic test I saw. I guess you are fine with the IELTS General. You can as well ask for a remark and give the 8 band a shot if you are interested in Australian PR.

folamingo:
Australia uses IELTS Academic and not General module the last time I checked.

You might want to verify before asking for a remark.

Cheers

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by nkigirl: 7:20pm On Aug 17, 2017
Yooku:

Read it where please? A link share will be appreciated. I asked before on this thread if whether having multiple travels in your history for periods not requiring a PCC can influence your application and the feedback was affirmative that it had no effect

Good question. My husband and I have multiple travel history for countries where he has worked for short periods in the middle east and Europe. It's scary to imagine that they would investigate countries that don't qualify for PCC.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by MummyJaygirls: 7:33pm On Aug 17, 2017
Algbenguze:

I agree with u @MummyJaygirls. Let him remark Reading and Writing, even Speaking sef. It's the same cost and if he's unlucky with Reading, he may be lucky in either of the other 2 and get a refund. Whichever way, he won't be losing.

@ bolded, very funny. Cunny man grincheesy cheesy but good advice

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 7:36pm On Aug 17, 2017
This timeline is soo long, I am happy for you oo, at last.
Congratulations galore...

Please can you share what the ADR was on July 10th?

seggie007:
Finally It's PPR guys... smiley smiley grin grin I'm so FULL OF JOY and EXCITED.. It's been a long ride. I just got the email an hour ago that i have a new notification in my cic email. It was probably the most scariest thing ever, even though i knew it's positive from my gcms notes already said it all. I actually sent them an email and CSE yesterday highlighting it's been over 196 days and there hasn't been any final conclusion.

Craziest thing was, I resigned a few weeks ago and tomorrow is my last day were i consult smiley. Can't keep thanking God.

Wish everyone of us here PPR soon.

My timeline
Province of Nomination: Ontario
Provincial Nomination Letter: 18th December 2016
ITA - 22nd December 2016
AoR: 01/02/2017
Medical Passed: 02/03/2017
P1 - Didn't take note of date when this changed
NA - Didn't take note of date when this changed
IP2 - This was in June, not sure when exactly
Additional Doc: 10/07/2017
PPR: 17/08/2017

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by TBDL: 7:37pm On Aug 17, 2017
emanode:
timeline
FSW
VO - Ottawa
ee profile - 15 may
ita - 17th may
aor - 27th june
meds passed - 18th july
Adr - 18th july
ip1- 19th july
NA - 21st july
ip2 - 9th august
PPR - 16th August

Congrats!!!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Hephgirl: 8:09pm On Aug 17, 2017
Eesha:
ITA received April 2017
eApr submitted 10 June
AOR 12 june
Meds passed 18 July
BGC IP1 20 July
BG IP2 27 July
PPR 4 August
PP submitted 5 August
PP returned 16 Aug

Tickets purchased. Bye Naija Nov. tongue
Oh wow... Congratulations... Truly bye Nigeria.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Hephgirl: 8:10pm On Aug 17, 2017
bbaby84:

Sis this English is not hard naw... lol
* PR card/ Canadian passport
*Siblings BC and your BC obviously showing you had the same surname at some point. (Proof of relationship)
*Proof of residence ( utility bill e.g. mortgage, phone, insurance bill etc something with proof or address)
Thanks dear.. that part about the parents nko...
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by ehix89(m): 8:15pm On Aug 17, 2017
dumsydsassy1:

Hey, it's for IQAS. Have no idea for WES. Someone else can help.
Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Hephgirl: 8:18pm On Aug 17, 2017
seggie007:
Finally It's PPR guys... smiley smiley grin grin I'm so FULL OF JOY and EXCITED.. It's been a long ride. I just got the email an hour ago that i have a new notification in my cic email. It was probably the most scariest thing ever, even though i knew it's positive from my gcms notes already said it all. I actually sent them an email and CSE yesterday highlighting it's been over 196 days and there hasn't been any final conclusion.

Craziest thing was, I resigned a few weeks ago and tomorrow is my last day were i consult smiley. Can't keep thanking God.

Wish everyone of us here PPR soon.

My timeline
Province of Nomination: Ontario
Provincial Nomination Letter: 18th December 2016
ITA - 22nd December 2016
AoR: 01/02/2017
Medical Passed: 02/03/2017
P1 - Didn't take note of date when this changed
NA - Didn't take note of date when this changed
IP2 - This was in June, not sure when exactly
Additional Doc: 10/07/2017
PPR: 17/08/2017

long but worth it at d end

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by ehix89(m): 8:20pm On Aug 17, 2017
Hephgirl:
Please what's wes canada fax number
Hello Hephgirl, if you get a response do well to mention me, it seems we're currently in same ship.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Hephgirl: 8:25pm On Aug 17, 2017
ehix89:
me too ooo looking for it
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Hephgirl: 8:26pm On Aug 17, 2017
ehix89:
Hello Hephgirl, if you get a response do well to mention me, it seems we're currently in same ship.
no P.
If u do too.. Mention me

(1) (2) (3) ... (808) (809) (810) (811) (812) (813) (814) ... (821)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.