Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,518 members, 7,801,388 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 02:37 PM

DIRECT ENTRY Admissions 2016 - Education (84) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / DIRECT ENTRY Admissions 2016 (258992 Views)

UNILORIN Postgraduate Admissions (2016/2017) / Direct Entry Admissions/quest For A Second Degree / Rsust Supplementary/direct Entry Admissions For 2015/2016 Academic Session Out.. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (81) (82) (83) (84) (85) (86) (87) ... (118) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DIRECT ENTRY Admissions 2016 by YoBoyfwend(m): 9:48pm On May 26, 2016
beshiman:

Oh, yes, I do!
It's being a long time.
I wish you the best ahead as to your Direct Entry Application...
thankyou sir smiley you're done with your HND, I guess.
Re: DIRECT ENTRY Admissions 2016 by beshiman(m): 9:53pm On May 26, 2016
YoBoyfwend:
thankyou sir smiley you're done with your HND, I guess.
Yes.
Thank you so much for the recognition and remembrance.

1 Like

Re: DIRECT ENTRY Admissions 2016 by princyunlimited(m): 11:12pm On May 26, 2016
Please I want to know if the oau direct entry form is out 2016/2017 if yes.. Where can I purchase it.. Thanks
Re: DIRECT ENTRY Admissions 2016 by shurlar50(m): 12:24am On May 27, 2016
YoBoyfwend:
Does the jamb combo used during admission into poly....affect Direct entry admission?
Please I dearly need an answer to this question before I proceed with registration oo
Re: DIRECT ENTRY Admissions 2016 by AyarmBoye(m): 6:39am On May 27, 2016
princyunlimited:
Please I want to know if the oau direct entry form is out 2016/2017 if yes.. Where can I purchase it.. Thanks
first have you registered for DE with jamb? Second the Post DE form aiint out yet......drop ur digits or whatsapp me 08025303565 for add up to OAU group for more info...
Re: DIRECT ENTRY Admissions 2016 by AyarmBoye(m): 6:41am On May 27, 2016
shurlar50:

Please I dearly need an answer to this question before I proceed with registration oo
lai lai it doesn't....thatz your past already..all you need now is ur present CGPA and WAEC result.......good morning
Re: DIRECT ENTRY Admissions 2016 by AyarmBoye(m): 6:47am On May 27, 2016
YoBoyfwend:
ahh, Mr Beshiman.. I almost chose that school o..i find information about that school taya.. If they accept d.e applicants for accounting.. Though i havent registered for d.e..but I wanted to fill it on my transcript form... Feeling like I got saved cheesy btw, do you remember me? From polyibadan thread..2013-2014.. That you opened
yoboyfwend...thank your goodness u havnt,,cause nah waste or resources and time e go end..LASU don't even consider DE into accounting @ all...they only admit their own Diploma into accounting....except ofcourse u wana pick Banking and Finance
Re: DIRECT ENTRY Admissions 2016 by professore(m): 7:23am On May 27, 2016
beshiman:

You're welcome.
Glory be to God.

You can get it done in any liaison office in the State you reside.
Pls bro,with this liason office,will my certificate of origin reach my hand without traveling to my state?

If yes,I reside in Ile-ife in Osun state,my state of origin is OGUN,can I get a liason office in Ife or I have to go to the state capital (Osogbo)?

And generally I have no idea about the things they will ask because obviously I have not collected my state of origin certificate before,help me to shed more light.
Re: DIRECT ENTRY Admissions 2016 by YoBoyfwend(m): 8:05am On May 27, 2016
AyarmBoye:
yoboyfwend...thank your goodness u havnt,,cause nah waste or resources and time e go end..LASU don't even consider DE into accounting @ all...they only admit their own Diploma into accounting....except ofcourse u wana pick Banking and Finance
lol... Abi o... Shey you don see pin?
Re: DIRECT ENTRY Admissions 2016 by beshiman(m): 9:34am On May 27, 2016
professore:

Pls bro,with this liason office,will my certificate of origin reach my hand without traveling to my state?

If yes,I reside in Ile-ife in Osun state,my state of origin is OGUN,can I get a liason office in Ife or I have to go to the state capital (Osogbo)?

And generally I have no idea about the things they will ask because obviously I have not collected my state of origin certificate before,help me to shed more light.

Yes, you'll get it without you travelling to your State of Origin.

I'm not certain about where the liaison office is in Ife. But mostly you'll find it in the State Capital. Though, Lagos has not only in the State Capital. So, same may be applicable to Osun State. Please, ask some people over there for better clarification.

Basically, you need to submit the following:
* O'level Result,
* ND/HND/NCE/Bsc/A'level Statement of Result,
* JAMB Direct Entry Acknowledge Slip (the online print out after the registration),
* Birth Certificate and/or
* State of Origin Certificate.

Thank you.
Re: DIRECT ENTRY Admissions 2016 by macloaded: 10:15am On May 27, 2016
holumart:
nazo everybody day c pin

..polyib day crazy sha... wetin man go do naw
I don taya for PolyIb ooo. Them wan give person heartache, and my mum don talk say no money for transcript until I don fully regidter for DE. omo 20k no be change
Re: DIRECT ENTRY Admissions 2016 by macloaded: 10:28am On May 27, 2016
beshiman:

Here is the list, if all things being equal:
O'level Result,
ND/HND/NCE/Bsc/A'level Statement of Result,
JAMB DE Registration Slip Print Out (I.e. The slip you printed after the DE registration),
and either of these two:
Birth Certificate,
State of Origin Certificate - Note: you can go with both in case of necessity.

Thanks.
Thanks for this.
But the State Of Origin Certificate, is it the same as Local Government Identification?
What if I dont have Birth Certificate, can I submit Affidavit?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: DIRECT ENTRY Admissions 2016 by macloaded: 10:36am On May 27, 2016
jbreezy:
Oya holmart n yoboyfwend com hear new one ooooh,,,,my mom called d woman in charge in admission office 2day,,,she tok sey dem jst compile our list ni ooooh...dat min sey dem neva send our names go jamb

hahahaha..... that is impossicant, i guess they just said that so people will stop disturbing them
Re: DIRECT ENTRY Admissions 2016 by AyarmBoye(m): 11:52am On May 27, 2016
YoBoyfwend:
lol... Abi o... Shey you don see pin?
for where?..I still dey anticipate o
Re: DIRECT ENTRY Admissions 2016 by professore(m): 3:16pm On May 27, 2016
beshiman:

Yes, you'll get it without you travelling to your State of Origin.

I'm not certain about where the liaison office is in Ife. But mostly you'll find it in the State Capital. Though, Lagos has not only in the State Capital. So, same may be applicable to Osun State. Please, ask some people over there for better clarification.

Basically, you need to submit the following:
* O'level Result,
* ND/HND/NCE/Bsc/A'level Statement of Result,
* JAMB Direct Entry Acknowledge Slip (the online print out after the registration),
* Birth Certificate and/or
* State of Origin Certificate.

Thank you.
Thanks bro,but obviously u stated things to submit at Jamb office which I already submitted quite long time ago,but I ws asking u things or questions I would be asked at the liason office before they would issue me the local government certificate of origin,and if possible how much?thanks.
Re: DIRECT ENTRY Admissions 2016 by beshiman(m): 3:22pm On May 27, 2016
macloaded:

Thanks for this.
But the State Of Origin Certificate, is it the same as Local Government Identification?
What if I dont have Birth Certificate, can I submit Affidavit?
There is little difference between the two but it could be accepted.
Yes, you can submit affidavit (declaration of age).
Re: DIRECT ENTRY Admissions 2016 by pweetychyka(f): 3:22pm On May 27, 2016
Please anyone with useful info abt UNIZIK should help out! Maybe it would be considered for 2nd choice embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: DIRECT ENTRY Admissions 2016 by beshiman(m): 3:28pm On May 27, 2016
pweetychyka:
Please anyone with useful info abt UNIZIK should help out! Maybe it would be considered for 2nd choice embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed

Not advisable for second chance.
Re: DIRECT ENTRY Admissions 2016 by pweetychyka(f): 3:43pm On May 27, 2016
beshiman:

Not advisable for second chance.

Okk boss!

Kindly suggest federal schools for 2nd choice embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: DIRECT ENTRY Admissions 2016 by biggboy(m): 4:15pm On May 27, 2016
pweetychyka:

Okk boss!

Kindly suggest federal schools for 2nd choice embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed
we are in the same dilemma oo... I have been waiting for my jamb regularisation number for a while now.... Now I have it and I don't know which federal University to choose... Although I prefer those that don't write entry exam
Re: DIRECT ENTRY Admissions 2016 by layinks60: 4:20pm On May 27, 2016
Lagos city polytechnic: computer science.

Federal University of technology akure

Computer science
Re: DIRECT ENTRY Admissions 2016 by pweetychyka(f): 4:23pm On May 27, 2016
biggboy:
we are in the same dilemma oo... I have been waiting for my jamb regularisation number for a while now.... Now I have it and I don't know which federal University to choose... Although I prefer those that don't write entry exam

Lazy arse! Read jhoor cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Got 1st choice at heart already! Scouting for 2nd choice..... Meanwhile I 'm considering the supposed fees the skul will be collecting angry angry angry
Re: DIRECT ENTRY Admissions 2016 by YoBoyfwend(m): 4:30pm On May 27, 2016
pweetychyka:

Okk boss!

Federal University of Technology, Akure (FUTA).

MyownSuggestion cheesy

thats if you can school in ONDO.

And dont forget, no matter the school you pick..you'll have to go there to submit since its second choice. pweetychyka
Re: DIRECT ENTRY Admissions 2016 by YoBoyfwend(m): 4:31pm On May 27, 2016
layinks60:
Lagos city polytechnic: computer science.

Federal University of technology akure

Computer science

there's a whatsapp group for FUTA d.e applicants. Drop your number if interesteD. I'll ask the admin to add you up.
Re: DIRECT ENTRY Admissions 2016 by YoBoyfwend(m): 4:33pm On May 27, 2016
AyarmBoye:
for where?..I still dey anticipate o
same here o... And time don dey go.
Re: DIRECT ENTRY Admissions 2016 by pweetychyka(f): 4:34pm On May 27, 2016
YoBoyfwend:
Federal University of Technology, Akure (FUTA).

Thanks boss! wink wink

More suggestions are welkom angry angry angry

pls check ur mail...

Cc: biggboy
Re: DIRECT ENTRY Admissions 2016 by Knownpal(m): 4:40pm On May 27, 2016
FUTA? Second choice? Hmmm dig well o.
Re: DIRECT ENTRY Admissions 2016 by Knownpal(m): 4:43pm On May 27, 2016
Knownpal:

List of universities that DO NOT accept 2nd choice
University of Ibadan, UI
Nnamdi Azikiwe University, NAU, Unizik
University of Calabar, Unical
Federal University Oye-Ekiti, Fuoye
Obafemi Awolowo University, OAU
Federal University of Technology, Akure, Futa
University of ilorin, Unilorin
University of Nigeria, Nsukka, Unn
Federal University of Agriculture, Abeokuta, Funaab
University of Jos, Unijos
University of Lagos, Unilag

Please peeps should add to this list..

1 Like

Re: DIRECT ENTRY Admissions 2016 by beshiman(m): 5:36pm On May 27, 2016
pweetychyka:

Okk boss!

The truth is, most schools especially Federal owned ones don't consider Direct Entry Applicants who chose them as second choice based on these few points among others:
* They have larger numbers of applicants,
* Most of them run some programmes which their students can use for Direct Entry (like A'level, IJMB, Diploma etc) and preferential treatment is always being given to their own "internal candidates",
* Very few spaces are available for Direct Entry Applicants (especially those applying via JAMB) due to the larger number of "UMITES" admitted,
* And so on.

Those that do consider have some criteria they use like:
* Catchment,
* Entrance exam score (must be above the stipulated cut off point), etc.

My advise for you and others is to choose a school for both first and second choices but different courses which are in-line with the qualification you're using. Then try to "beat" the cut off mark(s) with a very good score (ensure it's above the stipulated point). Submit your transcript in time and with other required documents to the appropriate office. And I can assure you that you'll be admitted for either of the two courses.

Note: I presume TASUED (but be careful because it's a University of Education, at times NCE is preferable for some courses there) and most private universities do consider second choice Direct Entry applicants. But put their tuition fees into consideration which are on the high side.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: DIRECT ENTRY Admissions 2016 by pweetychyka(f): 7:48pm On May 27, 2016
beshiman:

The truth is, most schools especially Federal owned ones don't consider Direct Entry Applicants who chose them as second choice based on these few points among others:
* They have larger numbers of applicants,
* Most of them run some programmes which their students can use for Direct Entry (like A'level, IJMB, Diploma etc) and preferential treatment is always being given to their own "internal candidates",
* Very few spaces are available for Direct Entry Applicants (especially those applying via JAMB) due to the larger number of "UMITES" admitted,
* And so on.

Those that do consider have some criteria they use like:
* Catchment,
* Entrance exam score (must be above the stipulated cut off point), etc.

My advise for you and others is to choose a school for both first and second choices but different courses which are in-line with the qualification you're using. Then try to "beat" the cut off mark(s) with a very good score (ensure it's above the stipulated point). Submit your transcript in time and with other required documents to the appropriate office. And I can assure you that you'll be admitted for either of the two courses.

Note: I presume TASUED (but be careful because it's a University of Education, at times NCE is preferable for some courses there) and most private universities do consider second choice Direct Entry applicants. But put their tuition fees into consideration which are on the high side.

Thanks dearie!

I appreciate a whole lot!
Re: DIRECT ENTRY Admissions 2016 by easynero: 8:02pm On May 27, 2016
Any eksu DE aspirants?
Re: DIRECT ENTRY Admissions 2016 by macloaded: 8:51pm On May 27, 2016
YoBoyfwend:
there's a whatsapp group for FUTA d.e applicants. Drop your number if interesteD. I'll ask the admin to add you up.
Please add me to the whatsapp group. 08165292524

(1) (2) (3) ... (81) (82) (83) (84) (85) (86) (87) ... (118) (Reply)

Delta State University (DELSU), Abraka Thread / List Of Universities, Polytechnics And Colleges Of Education In Nigeria / Lasu 2014/2015 Admission process

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.