Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,706 members, 7,805,894 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:09 AM

Graphic Designers - Why You Really Need One - Art, Graphics & Video - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Art, Graphics & Video / Graphic Designers - Why You Really Need One (1191 Views)

Calling All Nairaland Graphic Designers / Telegram Group For Architects, Fashion And Graphic Designers / Kindly Add Me To Any Graphic Designers Whatsapp Group (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Graphic Designers - Why You Really Need One by HFMagazine: 9:13pm On Sep 25, 2015
Graphic designers combine art and technology to develop graphics for product illustrations, logos, and websites. They are responsible for creating design solutions that have a visual impact. The role involves listening to clients and understanding their needs before making designs decisions.
Their designs are required for huge variety of products and activities, such as websites, advertising, books, magazines, posters, computer games, product packaging, exhibitions and displays, corporate communications and corporate identity. That is, they help to make an organization recognizable by selecting colour, images and logo designs that represent a particular idea or identity to be used in promotions. When using text in layouts, they collaborate closely with writers who choose the words and decide whether the words will be put into paragraphs, lists or tables.
They determine size and arrangement of illustrative materials and copy, as well as font style and size. They also liaise with external printers on a regular basis to ensure deadlines are met and that the materials are printed to standard quality.
Graphic designers work mainly nine-to-five, but deadlines may require working additional hours. Opportunities for graphic designers exist in cities throughout the country, although freelance designers can work from home.

Here are the four major reasons why you need a graphic designer;

Communication Purpose
Graphic design itself is everywhere. Anything that needs to be communicated that cannot be done verbally must be put into some form of design that gets a message across. The pack of gum on your office desk, the magazine cover, the cute saying on your coffee mug, and even the type face in a TV ad form an inclusive part on why you need a graphic designer. It is a huge part of my everyday life and you probably barely notice it, but imagine life without it and it would be a strange world indeed. Everything would be in a plain white wrapper. No pictures, no text.

Business Branding
Practically, you’re an expert in my business. As a professional belief that you can do my job a lot better than an amateur who knows little about my field of expertise. Same thing apply to graphic designers. They are expert in their graphic design. So when you need business branding and materials designed, you don’t do it yourself. You will rather consult professional graphic designers that have studied the intricacies of typography, grid systems and layout. They tend to approach things creatively. Creativity is their main strength. This creativity backed up by their honed technical knowledge of design will ultimately add value to my business.

Easy access to marketing messages
Also you need graphic designer in order to quickly communicate my marketing messages to my customers. Just by looking at my materials, they’ll get an impression of what my organization, what it would be like to work with my firm. Invariably the right design can help your message stand out and be noticed rather than getting overlooked.

Organization of thoughts

Aside the above, graphic designer also help you organize my thoughts and get a handle on my concept. They help to turn my information into eye-catching, results-driven design. No wonder they keep abreast of emerging technologies in new media, particularly design programmes such as In Design, QuarkXPress, and FreeHand etc.
In conclusion, whether they’re self-employed, working freelance or employed within a business, graphic designers often have to be proactive in presenting or pitching their ideas and designs to the agency director or prospective clients.

Source - www.hfmagazineonline.com

(1) (Reply)

My Agency Needs A Creative Graphic Designer / Check Out A Twelve Years Old Pencil Work / Request For A Mobile App/web App Mock-up

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.