Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,467 members, 7,781,356 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 01:02 PM

Blackberry Confirms The Rumor That It Is Working On An Android Phone. - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Blackberry Confirms The Rumor That It Is Working On An Android Phone. (25343 Views)

Galaxy S9 Price, Release Date And Specs: Samsung Confirms Mwc Launch For S9, S9+ / MTN Confirms Removal Of Night Data Plans / Blackberry Confirms The Rumor That It Is Working On An Android Phone (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Blackberry Confirms The Rumor That It Is Working On An Android Phone. by Tallesty1(m): 7:53am On Sep 26, 2015
BlackBerry’s CEO John Chen confirmed yesterday that the rumors of its first Android device, are indeed accurate.

The report came as a part of the company’s quarterly earnings announcement released Friday, BlackBerry confirmed it would roll out an Android phone in late 2015 and it’s name will be blackberry priv.

“Today, I am confirming our plans to launch Priv, an Android device named after BlackBerry’s heritage and core mission of protecting our customers’ privacy,” BlackBerry CEO John Chen said in a written statement. “Priv combines the best of BlackBerry security and productivity with the expansive mobile application ecosystem available on the Android platform.”

He did not provide any significant details such as specs, pricing, or availability but BlackBerry did say that the phone will be called Priv, ie privacy.

You can recall the CEO once said that if he can secure Android Os then he will consider building one.

Also, BlackBerry’s CEO reaffirmed its commitment to BlackBerry 10 on Friday. The company says it will continue to “develop and enhance the BlackBerry 10 operating system.” The next update for BB10 will be version 10.3.3 rolling out in March.

The official specs of the BlackBerry priv will be revealed in few weeks and there’s a rumor that BlackBerry priv will launch on November.

SOURCE: http://www.naijatecharena.com/blackberry-confirms-rumor-working-android-phone/

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Blackberry Confirms The Rumor That It Is Working On An Android Phone. by loomer: 7:56am On Sep 26, 2015
Bad market wan kill them before

3 Likes

Re: Blackberry Confirms The Rumor That It Is Working On An Android Phone. by Tallesty1(m): 8:04am On Sep 26, 2015
loomer:
Bad market wan kill them before
That's business nah, sometimes you lose and other times you win.

But I think this priv will give them a significant recovery.
Whizpeter:
Manufacturing an android phone is one thing, making it affordable is another thing, BlackBerry take note...
Unless perhaps they wanna continue having woeful sales!
Yels!!

Same thing with Nokia, if they don't keep the price of their next android device low then they ain't going nowhere.

3 Likes

Re: Blackberry Confirms The Rumor That It Is Working On An Android Phone. by Whizpeter(m): 8:45am On Sep 26, 2015
Manufacturing an android phone is one thing, making it affordable is another thing, BlackBerry take note...
Unless perhaps they wanna continue having woeful sales!

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Blackberry Confirms The Rumor That It Is Working On An Android Phone. by Kockane(m): 9:00am On Sep 26, 2015
The Yoruba adage that says, it's till you see another person's father's farm, you would keep assuming your father's farm is the largest in the world.

Two weeks ago, I was still swearing allegiance to my blackberry Q10 till I lost it and a client got me HTC M9....

Cheeeeeeesos!!!! Everyday I'm discovering something new on the phone and I can't stop regretting all those wasted years on bb.

If them like, they should run it on human DNA OS, as for me o... Blackberry is dead and gone in my life!

Apart from me still getting used to the on-screen keyboard, this device is definitely gonna be one of the highlights of my 2015!

#Team HTC

....sent from my HTC One M9 kiss

52 Likes 1 Share

Re: Blackberry Confirms The Rumor That It Is Working On An Android Phone. by youngice(m): 9:01am On Sep 26, 2015
imagine if I came from the future and told a naija girl in 2008 that I could ping on my Nokia, she would say that I was lying
cool cool

40 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Blackberry Confirms The Rumor That It Is Working On An Android Phone. by amakufrancis(m): 9:02am On Sep 26, 2015
Good to hear

2 Likes

Re: Blackberry Confirms The Rumor That It Is Working On An Android Phone. by okooloyun1(m): 9:02am On Sep 26, 2015
Ok
Re: Blackberry Confirms The Rumor That It Is Working On An Android Phone. by Kingtim(m): 9:02am On Sep 26, 2015
Ok.... In other news. My girl friend is pregnant for me. :-D

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Blackberry Confirms The Rumor That It Is Working On An Android Phone. by sandrajazmin(f): 9:02am On Sep 26, 2015
Is dt y my baby has refused 2 sleep so il do. Ma house chhores?

2 Likes

Re: Blackberry Confirms The Rumor That It Is Working On An Android Phone. by ovicky(m): 9:02am On Sep 26, 2015
All thanks to chinco fone.... Bb wey pp dey collect loan buy before wan produce android.....

6 Likes

Re: Blackberry Confirms The Rumor That It Is Working On An Android Phone. by silverprince413(m): 9:02am On Sep 26, 2015
We hope say e go mke sense!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Blackberry Confirms The Rumor That It Is Working On An Android Phone. by Aminat508(f): 9:03am On Sep 26, 2015
sad

1 Like

Re: Blackberry Confirms The Rumor That It Is Working On An Android Phone. by Emisco1(m): 9:03am On Sep 26, 2015
lolzzzzz. dre market dun da spoil

Rim and Microsoft .should just shy away and join android

#FIFA 16.... blackberry fan would only b hearing it,they can't feel it. while the lumia fan would have to wait till Nigeria next election..

7 Likes

Re: Blackberry Confirms The Rumor That It Is Working On An Android Phone. by chefremy(m): 9:04am On Sep 26, 2015
good for them.

1 Like

Re: Blackberry Confirms The Rumor That It Is Working On An Android Phone. by CharlieMaria(m): 9:04am On Sep 26, 2015
Really?
Re: Blackberry Confirms The Rumor That It Is Working On An Android Phone. by Idrismusty97(m): 9:04am On Sep 26, 2015
Yea....Shape in or Shape out! iPhone take note.

1 Like

Re: Blackberry Confirms The Rumor That It Is Working On An Android Phone. by luigiajah(m): 9:04am On Sep 26, 2015
+
Re: Blackberry Confirms The Rumor That It Is Working On An Android Phone. by tkays(m): 9:04am On Sep 26, 2015
That's good one, security and flexibility

1 Like

Re: Blackberry Confirms The Rumor That It Is Working On An Android Phone. by Olarewajub: 9:04am On Sep 26, 2015
That would be nice, but the main question here is whether the device will be cost effective.
Re: Blackberry Confirms The Rumor That It Is Working On An Android Phone. by Nobody: 9:04am On Sep 26, 2015
Good

1 Like

Re: Blackberry Confirms The Rumor That It Is Working On An Android Phone. by cooltony09: 9:04am On Sep 26, 2015
Good Move...Some of us are loyal to the brand..

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Blackberry Confirms The Rumor That It Is Working On An Android Phone. by dalyricist: 9:04am On Sep 26, 2015
embarassed

It's too late
Re: Blackberry Confirms The Rumor That It Is Working On An Android Phone. by wristbangle: 9:05am On Sep 26, 2015
Expecting to see it in market ASAP. All these Oyinbo just dey chop our money. Which time naija too go do something whey whites too go look like dele to buy am

2 Likes

Re: Blackberry Confirms The Rumor That It Is Working On An Android Phone. by kelvyn7: 9:05am On Sep 26, 2015
change is here cheesy

it has been long over due sef
Re: Blackberry Confirms The Rumor That It Is Working On An Android Phone. by Nobody: 9:05am On Sep 26, 2015
BB always the best!

5 Likes

Re: Blackberry Confirms The Rumor That It Is Working On An Android Phone. by Nobody: 9:06am On Sep 26, 2015
I would love this especially if physical keyboard is used and at cheap price.

Need anything from Jumia?
Contact me now!
Re: Blackberry Confirms The Rumor That It Is Working On An Android Phone. by seangy4konji: 9:06am On Sep 26, 2015
we are waiting.
Re: Blackberry Confirms The Rumor That It Is Working On An Android Phone. by RexTramadol1: 9:06am On Sep 26, 2015
Na torch light I need!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

6 Ways To Make Your Smartphone Run Faster / Tecno Mobile Launches Full Display Screen Smartphone, ‘CAMON CM’ / Nokia Lumia 920...finally A Smartphone From Nokia That Can Compete!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.