Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,182 members, 7,807,586 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 03:49 PM

Wow! Married Men When Last Did You Cook For Your Family? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Wow! Married Men When Last Did You Cook For Your Family? (3240 Views)

Man To Divorce His Wife In Ondo For Failing To Cook For Him. Photos / If You Cook For Your Wife Heaven Will Not Fall!" Nigerian Lawyer Writes / His Newly Wedded Wife Won't Cook For Him (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Wow! Married Men When Last Did You Cook For Your Family? by LewsTherin: 7:58pm On Sep 26, 2015
I cook for my family regularly. I prepare most breakfasts and a good number of times, I do dinner too. My Lady and I have very hectic work schedules. With the baby, and no help (our decision) there is always too much needing to be done.

The trick is learning to prepare quick meals. Breakfast can be varieties of sandwiches on different days like coleslaw and shredded chicken or toasted keema sandwiches. Dinner can be chicken fried noodles or spagetti bolognese. Fried rice is always easy too.

What we do is to prepare a good quantity of soups and stews, pack them and freeze them. Then prepare some chicken and beef, freeze those too. The abo.ki selling carrots and veggies near my house sees me most evenings. N200 gets me enough carrots, green beans and peppers to get fried rice ready in the time it takes to boil the rice. Chicken from the fridge and voila! Dinner is ready. Frozen soup plus microwave plus garri and eba is set. Easy and quick.

Gives my Lady time to bathe, feed and put the princess to bed and still have the strength and desire to get busy, you know what I'm saying grin

Point is anyone of us can get dinner ready any day of the week and no one gets stressed out. Besides O happen to enjoy cooking anyways.

6 Likes

Re: Wow! Married Men When Last Did You Cook For Your Family? by Nobody: 8:12pm On Sep 26, 2015
LewsTherin:
I cook for my family regularly. I prepare most breakfasts and a good number of times, I do dinner too. My Lady and I have very hectic work schedules. With the baby, and no help (our decision) there is always too much needing to be done.

The trick is learning to prepare quick meals. Breakfast can be varieties of sandwiches on different days like coleslaw and shredded chicken or toasted keema sandwiches. Dinner can be chicken fried noodles or spagetti bolognese. Fried rice is always easy too.

What we do is to prepare a good quantity of soups and stews, pack them and freeze them. Then prepare some chicken and beef, freeze those too. The abo.ki selling carrots and veggies near my house sees me most evenings. N200 gets me enough carrots, green beans and peppers to get fried rice ready in the time it takes to boil the rice. Chicken from the fridge and voila! Dinner is ready. Frozen soup plus microwave plus garri and eba is set. Easy and quick.

Gives my Lady time to bathe, feed and put the princess to bed and still have the strength and desire to get busy, you know what I'm saying grin

Point is anyone of us can get dinner ready any day of the week and no one gets stressed out. Besides O happen to enjoy cooking anyways.
Awww! Do you mind getting a second wife? You're so perfect. cheesy
Re: Wow! Married Men When Last Did You Cook For Your Family? by amtheone(m): 8:48pm On Sep 26, 2015
LewsTherin:

That is the way. I love your approach. We men should try and help out a lot, women go through a lot daily. There is no benefit by allowing your wife to be stressed out by trying to do everything alone.

2 Likes

Re: Wow! Married Men When Last Did You Cook For Your Family? by cococandy(f): 9:05pm On Sep 26, 2015
Nice. Splendid. @lewstherin and amtheone.
Not surprised though.

More of these please.

Not the ones that wail and nag when their wives don't serve them the food from the central dish into their mouths. grin despite having other stuff that needs to get done around the house.
Re: Wow! Married Men When Last Did You Cook For Your Family? by francbadoo: 10:01pm On Sep 26, 2015
2wice a week
Re: Wow! Married Men When Last Did You Cook For Your Family? by Seculent: 11:08pm On Sep 26, 2015
crowns2:
undecided undecided
Re: Wow! Married Men When Last Did You Cook For Your Family? by LewsTherin: 5:10am On Sep 27, 2015
crowns2:

shocked shocked shocked
Errrrr ...... thanks, I'll pass
Re: Wow! Married Men When Last Did You Cook For Your Family? by Nobody: 6:19am On Sep 27, 2015
Seculent:

undecided undecided
What's that about? Can't someone make a joke here?

1 Like

Re: Wow! Married Men When Last Did You Cook For Your Family? by LordReed(m): 7:46am On Sep 27, 2015
It's only the easy stuff I do, boil rice, fry eggs, make oatmeal, etc. grin grin grin Last time was more than 3 weeks ago, as for going to the market, no way, Hosé!
Re: Wow! Married Men When Last Did You Cook For Your Family? by LewsTherin: 3:14pm On Sep 27, 2015
LordReed:
It's only the easy stuff I do, boil rice, fry eggs, make oatmeal, etc. grin grin grin Last time was more than 3 weeks ago, as for going to the market, no way, Hosé!

Dude, I just read your ppst on your first year of marriage. Great post. Makes me feel your not going to the market is just you feeling lazy, right? cool You know what they say, holding your woman's hands in the mall (or market) isn't romantic. It's economics!!!!

Just yanking your chain bro. No offence meant.
Re: Wow! Married Men When Last Did You Cook For Your Family? by liquidmetall: 3:36pm On Sep 27, 2015
Cooking food now stressful?

Lazy and unfit people everywhere......
Re: Wow! Married Men When Last Did You Cook For Your Family? by bukatyne(f): 5:03pm On Sep 27, 2015
LewsTherin:

Dude, I just read your ppst on your first year of marriage. Great post. Makes me feel your not going to the market is just you feeling lazy, right? cool You know what they say, holding your woman's hands in the mall (or market) isn't romantic. It's economics!!!!

Hello, longest time

It will be Good to have you around more often smiley
Re: Wow! Married Men When Last Did You Cook For Your Family? by Seculent: 5:21pm On Sep 27, 2015
crowns2:

What's that about? Can't someone make a joke here?
undecided undecided
Re: Wow! Married Men When Last Did You Cook For Your Family? by LordReed(m): 5:25pm On Sep 27, 2015
LewsTherin:

None taken bro. grin grin grin
Re: Wow! Married Men When Last Did You Cook For Your Family? by LewsTherin: 7:19pm On Sep 27, 2015
bukatyne:

Hello, longest time

It will be Good to have you around more often smiley

Thanks. I'm always around. Just don't always see the need to post most times. Way too many kids on Nairaland these days.
Re: Wow! Married Men When Last Did You Cook For Your Family? by Noloss(f): 7:49pm On Sep 27, 2015
lilmax
post=38398874:

Your choice undecided
Lazy dude
Re: Wow! Married Men When Last Did You Cook For Your Family? by refreshrate: 7:54pm On Sep 27, 2015
ernesty20:
I am not married

Are you educated?

Did you read the question?

Were you able to comprehend it?

After writing this rubbish how did you feel?
Re: Wow! Married Men When Last Did You Cook For Your Family? by Noloss(f): 7:55pm On Sep 27, 2015
Ewuro4:
Picsure or...
Thomas of our time
Re: Wow! Married Men When Last Did You Cook For Your Family? by nonjebose(m): 8:07pm On Sep 27, 2015
babywhite:
hmmm African men sabi cook? haven't seen my dad in kitchen
Yes we do. Did some cooking today. Came out nice
Re: Wow! Married Men When Last Did You Cook For Your Family? by ernesty20(m): 8:30pm On Sep 27, 2015
refreshrate:

Are you educated?

Did you read the question?

Were you able to comprehend it?

After writing this rubbish how did you feel?
go and ask google. I think it holds answers to these trashy questions
Re: Wow! Married Men When Last Did You Cook For Your Family? by lilmax(m): 8:38pm On Sep 27, 2015
Noloss:

Lazy dude
blah blah blah undecided
Re: Wow! Married Men When Last Did You Cook For Your Family? by Ewuro4: 8:46pm On Sep 27, 2015
Noloss:

Thomas of our time

Aye aye ...

all4naija:
The lady was too tough on me. I've got to run on my two feet very fast! grin grin grin grin grin

Hahaha... Please don't look back. I don't need your dry analysis over people's hardwork on that thread anymore, it's very rude and uncultured. if nobody will tell you the truth, I will.

Enjoy the rest of your week. kiss
Ciao!

1 Like

Re: Wow! Married Men When Last Did You Cook For Your Family? by bukatyne(f): 9:25pm On Sep 29, 2015
LewsTherin:

Thanks. I'm always around. Just don't always see the need to post most times. Way too many kids on Nairaland these days.

Sha be coming around more smiley
Re: Wow! Married Men When Last Did You Cook For Your Family? by Onegai(f): 10:01pm On Sep 29, 2015
LewsTherin:

You berra come back! grin Even if we must drag you and Thorpido to every Family Section thread until our young men begin to understand what a Man is supposed to be. Ever since you posted about how involved you were. in searching for your child's creche, you have earned my respect smiley

As for me, Le Husbs cooks breakfast a lot (pancakes and French toast being his specialty) but nowadays he finishes whatever I start cooking or does the basics like rice (we alternate between holding Baby E). Whilst we were still. youngish and happy (pre-baby grin) he was the one making stew and ogbono soup (i couldn'to make draw-y soup).

It's something I love about him.

1 Like

Re: Wow! Married Men When Last Did You Cook For Your Family? by LewsTherin: 4:22pm On Sep 30, 2015
Onegai, bukatyne, I must confess I'm flattered. Thanks for the respect. I feel you too. People need to learn that there is always another way and that way can be a lot better. I'll share my morning yesterday.

I made breakfast for my Lady and myself. Rice and fried plantains with fried fish stew. But I didn't spend more than 10 mins in the kitchen. Simply put the rice in the rice cooker, sliced the plantains directly into the deep fryer and stew that my Lady made a little while back straight into the microwave from the freezer. I just checked on everything once in a while and before you could say Nairaland, breakfast was ready. The missus was only too pleased to dish the meal. If I needed her to kneel while serving my food, I'm quite sure she wouldn't have minded. After all, the meal was ready with no stress for her as she had to get the little one ready for school.

The point I'm trying to make here is that it doesn't take much to help around the house. The rice cooker was a gift from my sister and her husband for our wedding 4 years ago. I got the deep fryer off dealdey.com for a great price over 2 years ago. 8k or so. Most people already have nukes and deep freezers. A guy doesn't need to leave everything to the wife because it's "her responsibility". How many of us big boys would go to the photocopier to get our ish done in the office because the secretary is busy on other things? Isn't it her job to do that? Why don't we make a fuss of it when we do?

Sorry for the long post but I just needed to pass the point along that even if, like LordReed said, it's only the basics we can do in the kitchen, those basics are still enough to prepare a meal for our families.

4 Likes

Re: Wow! Married Men When Last Did You Cook For Your Family? by amtheone(m): 6:56pm On Sep 30, 2015
LewsTherin:
Onegai, bukatyne, I must confess I'm flattered. Thanks for the respect. I feel you too. People need to learn that there is always another way and that way can be a lot better. I'll share my morning yesterday.

I made breakfast for my Lady and myself. Rice and fried plantains with fried fish stew. But I didn't spend more than 10 mins in the kitchen. Simply put the rice in the rice cooker, sliced the plantains directly into the deep fryer and stew that my Lady made a little while back straight into the microwave from the freezer. I just checked on everything once in a while and before you could say Nairaland, breakfast was ready. The missus was only too pleased to dish the meal. If I needed her to kneel while serving my food, I'm quite sure she wouldn't have minded. After all, the meal was ready with no stress for her as she had to get the little one ready for school.

The point I'm trying to make here is that it doesn't take much to help around the house. The rice cooker was a gift from my sister and her husband for our wedding 4 years ago. I got the deep fryer off dealdey.com for a great price over 2 years ago. 8k or so. Most people already have nukes and deep freezers. A guy doesn't need to leave everything to the wife because it's "her responsibility". How many of us big boys would go to the photocopier to get our ish done in the office because the secretary is busy on other things? Isn't it her job to do that? Why don't we make a fuss of it when we do?

Sorry for the long post but I just needed to pass the point along that even if, like Lord Reed said, it's only the basics we can do in the kitchen, those basics are still enough to prepare a meal for our families.

Well done bros. One can actually have a great marriage if one does the needful. I made up my mind years back that I will not be "a sitting room husband".
Re: Wow! Married Men When Last Did You Cook For Your Family? by bukatyne(f): 9:51am On Oct 02, 2015
LewsTherin:

Sorry for the long post but I just needed to pass the point along that even if, like LordReed said, it's only the basics we can do in the kitchen, those basics are still enough to prepare a meal for our families.

I really really admire your e-outlook to marriage even though I might not agree with everything

e-outlook because I don't know you offline grin tongue
Re: Wow! Married Men When Last Did You Cook For Your Family? by babygirlfl: 10:46am On Oct 02, 2015
@lewstherin well done as always.

@ amtheone well done.

@ lordreed, am still a fan even if you last cooked 3 weeks ago grin grin grin
Re: Wow! Married Men When Last Did You Cook For Your Family? by LordReed(m): 11:53am On Oct 02, 2015
babygirlfl:
@lewstherin well done as always.

@ amtheone well done.

@ lordreed, am still a fan even if you last cooked 3 weeks ago grin grin grin

grin grin grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

Fight Between Don Jazzy And Olamide, What Really Happen & Who Is At Fault? / All I Desire In 2021 / ..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.