Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,906 members, 7,806,643 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 07:38 PM

Why You Should Do Away With Your NIV Bible For Good - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why You Should Do Away With Your NIV Bible For Good (2349 Views)

Where Is Matthew 18:11 In The NIV Bible Version? / A Very Critical Alert!the Niv Bible Has Now Removed 64,575 Words From The Bible. / Secret Of Why Christains Should Not Use The Niv Bible (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why You Should Do Away With Your NIV Bible For Good by Sanchez01: 3:51pm On Sep 26, 2015
Deuteronomy 4:2, "Ye shall not add unto the word which I command you, neither shall ye diminish ought from it, that ye may keep the commandments of the LORD your God which I command you."

Proverbs 30:6, "Add thou not unto his words, lest he reprove thee, and thou be found a liar.

For those who followed Ishilove's thread, "Is The NIV Version Of The Holy Bible Anti-Christ?" you'd know where I'm coming from...

Before we proceed, here's something you should know about some members of the crew who birthed the New International Version.
Dr. Virginia Mollenkott, a literary critic on the NIV translation, was a sodomite. In Episcopal, Witness (June 1991, pp. 20-23), she comes out of the closet by saying, "My lesbianism has ALWAYS been a part of me. . ." This could explain why, "sodomite" is never found in the NIV. (Deut. 23:17, I Kings 14:24, 15:12 , 22:46 , II Kings 23:7) Not only that, but all other references to sodomy are perverted to say something else: 1Cor. 6:9, ". . . neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind, . . ." is replaced with the ". . . nor male prostitutes nor homosexual offenders. . ."

Dr. Mollenkott was not the only sodomite on the crew: Dr. Marten Woudstra, chairman on the NIV committee, was also involved in the sex perversion. He is quoted as saying that loving monogamous relationships between gay men or women were acceptable to God and that there was nothing in the Old Testament that spoke against the perversion.
http://www.soulwinning.info/bible/niv/homo.htm

THE NIV AND ZONDERVAN
A little known fact: In 1988 Zondervan and the NIV was purchased by Harper & Row, Publishers (now HarperCollins Publishers). HarperCollins publishes homosexual books and guides on how to practice homosexuality…

HarperCollins is a subsidiary of the global media empire, The News Corporation, owned by Rupert Murdock. The News Corporation empire include Fox Broadcasting, Twentieth Century Fox, FOX News, and more than 128 newspapers. Fox Broadcasting produces some of the most sexually lewd shows on television. Murdock also publishes the British newspaper, the Sun, notorious for its nude pin-ups.

It is no strange news at this point that the NIV has come under several attacks of recent. Thought to be a highly doctored version of the KJV, the NIV is alleged to have replaced some powerful words to mean little things, a sharp contrast of the original.

The NIV PERVERTS THE VIRGIN BIRTH!
The King James Bible reads,
"And JOSEPH and his mother marvelled at those things which were spoken of him." Luke 2:33.

The NIV reads,
"The CHILD'S FATHER and mother marveled at what was said about him." The "CHILD'S FATHER"?
Was Joseph Jesus' father? NO, a thousand times NO!!! The NIV perverts the Virgin Birth. Jesus was conceived by the Holy Ghost, therefore, GOD was His Father. Jesus had no earthly father. The Devil has always fought the Virgin Birth.

The NIV PERVERTS John 3:16
The King James Bible says in John 3:16:
“For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life."

The NIV perversion reads,
"For God so loved the world that he gave his ONE AND ONLY SON, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life"
. Jesus is NOT "the one and only son". Adam is called the "son of God" in Luke 3:38, there are "sons of God" in Job 1:6 and Christians are called "sons of God" in Phil 2:15 and in I John 3:2. Jesus was the "ONLY BEGOTTEN SON"! By removing the critical word "BEGOTTEN", the NIV perverts John 3:16. The NIV does the same thing (takes out the word Begotten) in John 1:14, John 1:18, and John 3:18. Check it out for yourself...

THE NIV REMOVES AND PERVERTS THE PLACE OF HELL!
The word "HELL" occurs 31 times in the Old Testament in the King James Bible. In the Old Testament of the NIV it occurs - ZERO! The word "HELL" is NOT in the Old Testament of the NIV at all!

And what do they do with the word "HELL"? The King James reads in Psalms 9:17:,
"The wicked shall be turned into HELL. . ."

The NIV, reads,
"The wicked return to the GRAVE. . ."
We ALL "return to the GRAVE"! No wonder the NIV is the choice of many cults who teach there is no hell or that hell is the grave.

In the New Testament the NIV zaps out "hell" 9 times. And what "clearer" "easier to understand" word does the NIV "update" hell with? Five times they use “HADES“! (Matt 16:18, Rev 1:18, 6:8, 20:13,14) What "common person" understands HADES? Everybody knows what HELL is! And this perversion is supposed to be better to understand?

So what does "Hades" mean?

Hades
1. Greek Mythology
a. The god of the netherworld and dispenser of earthly riches.
b. This netherworld kingdom, the abode of the shades of the dead.
2. also hades Hell.

Hades (ˈheɪdiːz)
1. (Classical Myth & Legend) Greek myth
a. the underworld abode of the souls of the dead
b. Pluto, the god of the underworld, brother of Zeus and husband of Persephone
2. (Bible) New Testament the abode or state of the dead
3. (often not capital) hell

Ha•des (ˈheɪ diz)
1. (in Greek myth) the underworld inhabited by the spirits of the dead.
2. the ancient Greek god ruling over the underworld.
3. (in the Revised Version of the New Testament) the abode of the dead.
4. (often l.c.) hell.

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/Hades
NOTE: Hades is of Greek origin; a mythical Greek god, the brother of Zeus and Poseidon who rules the underworld. Contemporary English language have come to reckon with Hades as Hell. It however has not taken its origin away.

THE NIV PERVERTS JESUS CHRIST TO BE LUCIFER!
Isaiah 14:14 reveals Satan’s grandest desire, “I will be like the most High.” And with a little subtle perversion – the NIV in Isaiah 14:12 grants Satan’s wish!

The KJV reads in Isa 14:12: “How art thou fallen from heaven, O LUCIFER, son of the morning! how art thou cut down to the ground, which didst weaken the nations!”

The NIV reads, “How you have fallen from heaven, MORNING STAR, son of the dawn! You have been cast down to the earth, you who once laid low the nations!”

The NIV change “Lucifer” to “MORNING STAR”.

WAIT! I thought the Lord Jesus Christ was the MORNING STAR? Doesn’t Revelation 22:16 say, “I Jesus have sent mine angel to testify unto you these things in the churches. I am the root and the offspring of David, and the bright and MORNING STAR”.

The NIV CLEARY AND BLATANTLY makes LUCIFER — The Lord Jesus Christ! WHAT BLASPHEMY! WHAT PERVERSION! Yet [some people … mostly businessmen] claim the NIV is a “better translation”!

ISAIAH 14:15: The King James Bible condemns Lucifer to hell: “Yet thou shalt be brought down to HELL...”

The NIV does NOT condemn Lucifer to HELL! The NIV reads, “But you are brought down to the GRAVE...” We all go to the GRAVE! Why doesn’t the NIV want Satan in hell? Thoughtful...

THE NIV COMPLETELY "TAKES OUT" 17 VERSES!
The NIV perversion completely "TAKES OUT" the following verses: Matthew 17:21, 18:11, 23:14, Mark 7:16, 9:44, 9:46, 11:26, 15:28, Luke 17:36, 23:17, John 5:4, Acts 8:37, 15:34, 24:7, 28:29, Romans 16:24 and 1 John 5:7! Take your NIV perversion and try to find these verses, then look them up in the King James Bible and you will see that these are very important verses. Better still we will list them for you. You will not find them in the NIV perversion.

1. Matthew 17:21, "Howbeit this kind goeth not out but by prayer and fasting." LEFT OUT OF THE NIV.
2. Matthew 18:11, "For the Son of man is come to save that which was lost." LEFT OUT OF THE NIV.
3. Matthew 23:14, "Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye devour widows' houses, and for a pretence make long prayer: therefore ye shall receive the greater damnation." LEFT OUT OF THE NIV.
4. Mark 7:16, "If any man have ears to hear, let him hear." LEFT OUT OF THE NIV.
5. Mark 9:44, "Where their worm dieth not, and the fire is not quenched." LEFT OUT OF THE NIV.
6. Mark 9:46, "Where their worm dieth not, and the fire is not quenched." LEFT OUT OF THE NIV.
7. Mark 11:26, "But if ye do not forgive, neither will your Father which is in heaven forgive your trespasses." LEFT OUT OF THE NIV.
8. Mark 15:28, "And the scripture was fulfilled, which saith, And he was numbered with the transgressors." GONE FROM THE NIV.
9. Luke 17:36, "Two men shall be in the field; the one shall be taken, and the other left." GONE FROM THE NIV.
10. Luke 23:17, "(For of necessity he must release one unto them at the feast)" ZAPPED FROM THE NIV.
11. John 5:4, "For an angel went down at a certain season into the pool, and troubled the water: whosoever then first after the troubling of the water stepped in was made whole of whatsoever disease he had." REMOVED FROM THE NIV.
12. Acts 8:37, "And Philip said, If thou believest with all thine heart, thou mayest. And he answered and said, I believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God." TAKEN OUT OF THE NIV.
13. Acts 15:34, "Notwithstanding it pleased Silas to abide there still." AGAIN, MISSING FROM THE NIV.
14. Acts 24:7, "But the chief captain Lysias came upon us, and with great violence took him away out of our hands," LEFT OUT OF THE NIV.
15. Acts 28:29, "And when he had said these words, the Jews departed, and had great reasoning among themselves." AGAIN, ZAPPED OUT OF THE NIV.
16. Romans 16:24, "The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you all. Amen." REMOVED FROM THE NIV
17. 1 John 5:7, "For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one." GONE FROM THE NIV.

OTHER "UPDATED" WORDS NOT FOUND IN THE NIV
“Christ” is removed 25 times, “Lord” removed 350 times, “Jesus” removed over 290 times, “God” removed 460 times, “Godhead” removed 3 times, “Lucifer” removed the one time it is mentioned and refers to him as a star of the morning, the same as Christ is described in Revelation, “Devil or Demons” removed 80 times, “Hell” removed 40 times, “Heaven” removed 160 times, “Damned” (or a variation) removed 15 times, “Blood” removed 41 times, “Salvation” removed 42 times, "The Word of God" removed 8 times, "The Word of the Lord" removed 24 times, and "The Lord Jesus Christ" is removed 24 times.

PS: Remember, you can plead ignorance until you know better. But after the truth has been revealed unto you, then you must accept it or reject it.

cc
Ishilove
Ammyluv2002
christaddicted
Gombs
MrPresident1
Lalasticlala
Re: Why You Should Do Away With Your NIV Bible For Good by architectGEE(m): 4:08pm On Sep 26, 2015
End of time!!!!

1 Like

Re: Why You Should Do Away With Your NIV Bible For Good by Sanchez01: 4:12pm On Sep 26, 2015
architectGEE:
End of time!!!!
Only sensitive believers would know this.

2 Likes

Re: Why You Should Do Away With Your NIV Bible For Good by Nobody: 4:14pm On Sep 26, 2015
Na NIV you see? Wha about Contemporary English Version
Re: Why You Should Do Away With Your NIV Bible For Good by Sanchez01: 4:25pm On Sep 26, 2015
SirWere:
Na NIV you see? Wha about Contemporary English Version
Funny, a lot of other versions are perverted. Why it's NIV being brought to the fore is because it's the closest to the KJV. Some of us know how they're ranked globally (though unofficial). The NIV comes next to the KJV while others follow them from a distance. I haven't been privileged to use the Contemporary English Version though.
Re: Why You Should Do Away With Your NIV Bible For Good by ammyluv2002(f): 4:33pm On Sep 26, 2015
Wow! Good research.....Kudos!

I think, they(The body in charge) should limit the Bible version to just Kings James so we go just rest from all these wahala.

4 Likes

Re: Why You Should Do Away With Your NIV Bible For Good by Ngasky(m): 4:35pm On Sep 26, 2015
if this is true then what remains in the original Christianity? the bedrock of the religion has been shaken. have you notice that not a single verse on tithe has been compromised?
Re: Why You Should Do Away With Your NIV Bible For Good by ammyluv2002(f): 4:37pm On Sep 26, 2015
Ngasky:
if this is true then what remains in the original Christianity?
the bedrock of the religion has been shaken.
have you notice that not a single verse on tithe has been compromised?
Hahahahaha

Funny! Really funny
Re: Why You Should Do Away With Your NIV Bible For Good by tammie24: 3:51pm On Oct 08, 2015
But why is this not on front page
If it tuface in da club now it will jump to front page oo
But this very important information is not good enough??
God help us
End time is here!
Re: Why You Should Do Away With Your NIV Bible For Good by Nobody: 4:27pm On Oct 08, 2015
When Jesus Christ rapture His bride, most of the left behind will receive the mark of the beast and worship the Anti-Christ as Jesus Christ....Lucifer is coming to impersonate Jesus Christ and people would be forced to worship him ( For 42 months - Revelation 13:5 before Christ finally returns to throw him in jail for 1000 years). That's why we have all these new generation Bible translations with errors and intentional omissions!

May God help us make the rapture. Amen!

1 Like

Re: Why You Should Do Away With Your NIV Bible For Good by Sanchez01: 9:10pm On Oct 08, 2015
DoubleDeeX:
When Jesus Christ rapture His bride, most of the left behind will receive the mark of the beast and worship the Anti-Christ as Jesus Christ....Lucifer is coming to impersonate Jesus Christ and people would be forced to worship him ( For 42 months - Revelation 13:5 before Christ finally returns to throw him in jail for 1000 years). That's why we have all these new generation Bible translations with errors and intentional omissions!

Amen.

1 Like

Re: Why You Should Do Away With Your NIV Bible For Good by Nobody: 2:12am On Oct 09, 2015
It's either you are wrong or you are right. I ain't ready to balance your claims with any research as at now.
But the KJV Bible isn't a saint either.

1 Like

Re: Why You Should Do Away With Your NIV Bible For Good by femzysticks(m): 3:04am On Oct 09, 2015
Okay!
Re: Why You Should Do Away With Your NIV Bible For Good by Sanchez01: 9:56am On Oct 09, 2015
TheAgba:
It's either you are wrong or you are right. I ain't ready to balance your claims with any research as at now.
But the KJV Bible isn't a saint either.

The issue is not whether the KJV is a saint or not. At least to an extent, the KJV contains what Christians need to draw closer to God and know the nature of God. The KJV did not deliberately manipulate the Scripture to achieve a specific purpose. While what I've posted is not to say all other versions are bad, a conscious and a sensitive believer would understand that some firm beliefs of the world, such as Sodomy and deliberate attempt to rubbish the Deity of Christ and His purpose is fast creeping into what Christians study, practice and live by.

1 Like

Re: Why You Should Do Away With Your NIV Bible For Good by Sanchez01: 10:09am On Oct 09, 2015
ammyluv2002:

I think, they(The body in charge) should limit the Bible version to just Kings James so we go just rest from all these wahala.
Should have responded a long time ago. I apologise. One thing Christendom is known for is its liberal angle which gives many the grace to do the abominable under the guise of Christ and still get away with it.

This explains why there are millions of Christian doctrines out there. And these doctrines explains why we have several versions of the Scripture. For example, the 'Good News Bible' contain some chapters that are not found in our everyday books. Several versions, several doctrines, several purposes.

I'm not sure a body can successfully enforce a general law. It can't work.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why You Should Do Away With Your NIV Bible For Good by dolphinheart(m): 10:38am On Oct 09, 2015
ammyluv2002:

But the KJV contains texts that other versions say are errors and man made distortions !

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why You Should Do Away With Your NIV Bible For Good by dolphinheart(m): 10:41am On Oct 09, 2015
DoubleDeeX:

Does the old generation translations not contain errors?

There is still hope for those left after rapture na
Re: Why You Should Do Away With Your NIV Bible For Good by dolphinheart(m): 10:46am On Oct 09, 2015
Sanchez01:

The issue is not whether the KJV is a saint or not. At least to an extent, the KJV contains what Christians need to draw closer to God and know the nature of God. The KJV did not deliberately manipulate the Scripture to achieve a specific purpose. While what I've posted is not to say all other versions are bad, a conscious and a sensitive believer would understand that some firm beliefs of the world, such as Sodomy and deliberate attempt to rubbish the Deity of Christ and His purpose is fast creeping into what Christians study, practice and live by.

replay!!

Abi na the kjv be the oga for manipulation
Re: Why You Should Do Away With Your NIV Bible For Good by Nobody: 10:47am On Oct 09, 2015
Sanchez01:

Should have responded a long time ago. I apologise. One thing Christendom is known for is its liberal angle which gives many the grace to do the abominable under the guise of Christ and still get away with it.

This explains why there are millions of Christian doctrines out there. And these doctrines explains why we have several versions of the Scripture. For example, the 'Good News Bible' contain some chapters that are not found in our everyday books. Several versions, several doctrines, several purposes.

I'm not sure a body can successfully enforce a general law. It can't work.

Exactly what Apostle Paul was trying to explain in the scripture below; in fact that was how these seducing spirits entered the Church and corrupted the doctrines...Now they are after the word of God!

The word of God in its undiluted state is sharper than any double edged-sword, it's like hammer that breaks a rock in pieces and like fire that consumes...that's why they are out to quench its strength by diluting through the many translations we have to fit in today's immoral society... They altered tiny, unnoticeable and important parts of the scripture to fit in their future agenda... a generation of serpent seeds!

The truth wins either way; the Bible warns us about things like these...he who has an ear should hear what the spirit of the Lord is saying!

2 Corinthians 11:3

But I fear, lest by any means, as the serpent beguiled Eve through his subtilty, so your minds should be corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ.

1 Like

Re: Why You Should Do Away With Your NIV Bible For Good by Sanchez01: 10:49am On Oct 09, 2015
dolphinheart:

But the KJV contains texts that other versions say are errors and man made distortions!
@ The bolded, I sincerely believes it holds no water. These other versions in question, were they able to give us something beyond the KJV by correcting these so-called errors and man made distortions? If yes, could you please name these versions so that I could possible look for one?
Re: Why You Should Do Away With Your NIV Bible For Good by Nobody: 10:53am On Oct 09, 2015
dolphinheart:

Does the old generation translations not contain errors?

There is still hope for those left after rapture na

Yes bro; but it won't be easy! Purifying them in the furnace of affliction....it will take a kind of Shadrach, Meshach , and Abednego's faith to pass through the fire of the Beast and Anti Christ!

Zechariah 13:9

I will bring the one third through the fire, will refine them as silver is refined, and test them as gold is tested. They will call on My name, and I will answer them. I will say; This is My people and each one will say, The LORD is my God.
Re: Why You Should Do Away With Your NIV Bible For Good by Sanchez01: 10:58am On Oct 09, 2015
DoubleDeeX:

Exactly what Apostle Paul was trying to explain in the scripture below; in fact that was how these seducing spirits entered the Church and corrupted the doctrines...Now they are after the word of God!

The word of God in its undiluted state is sharper than any double edged-sword, it's like hammer that breaks a rock in pieces and like fire that consumes...that's why they are out to quenched its strength by diluting through the many translations we have to fit in today's immoral society... They altered tiny, unnoticeable and important parts of the scripture to fit in their future agenda... a generation of serpent seeds!

The truth wins either way; the Bible warns us about things like these...he who has an ear should hear what the spirit of the Lord is saying!

2 Corinthians 11:3

But I fear, lest by any means, as the serpent beguiled Eve through his subtilty, so your minds should be corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ.
Well said. Thanks for the input.
Re: Why You Should Do Away With Your NIV Bible For Good by Sanchez01: 11:01am On Oct 09, 2015
dolphinheart:
replay!!

Abi na the kjv be the oga for manipulation
I'm open to learning here. Could you give instances of obvious manipulations from the KJV we can relate to?
Re: Why You Should Do Away With Your NIV Bible For Good by Nobody: 11:25am On Oct 09, 2015
Sanchez01:

Well said. Thanks for the input.

You are welcome bro.

Many people are blind to these truths...the same way Pastors hardly preach messages that would pierce the hearts of sinners to produce repentance to salvation! Rather they resort to preaching things that are sweet in the ears of the congregation in order not to loose their members. They personalize and commercialize the word of God for personal gains...Even when they know what the LORD says about His word;

Jeremiah 23:29

Is not my word like as a fire? said the LORD; and like a hammer that breaks the rock in pieces?

The word of God is what it is; sin will always feel offended by it...Pastors these days allow all sorts of demonic dressings and lifestyles into the Church because they don't want their members to feel offended; can you imagine that? When the Bible says;

2 Corinthians 7:10

For godly sorrow worketh repentance to salvation not to be repented of: but the sorrow of the world worketh death.

1 Like

Re: Why You Should Do Away With Your NIV Bible For Good by Nobody: 11:27am On Oct 09, 2015
Sanchez01:

Re: Why You Should Do Away With Your NIV Bible For Good by dolphinheart(m): 11:46am On Oct 09, 2015
Sanchez01:

I'm open to learning here. Could you give instances of obvious manipulations from the KJV we can relate to?

1st example , though not a direct manipulation by the kjv , but they support the use of a manipulated manuscrupt. 1 Tim 3:16
Re: Why You Should Do Away With Your NIV Bible For Good by Sanchez01: 12:11pm On Oct 09, 2015
dolphinheart:

1st example , though not a direct manipulation by the kjv , but they support the use of a manipulated manuscrupt. 1 Tim 3:16

1 Tim 3:16 “And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.”

Please observe the bolded part of your post because my questions are coming from there.
1. Could you please before anything else, explain what the passage says?

2. Let me pretend to agree with you, could you please provide the 'original' manuscript so that myself and others would see how the KJV doctored 1 Tim 3:16.

Thanks in anticipation.

PS: Please answer the number one first before coming down to answer the second.

1 Like

Re: Why You Should Do Away With Your NIV Bible For Good by dolphinheart(m): 1:13pm On Oct 09, 2015
Re: Why You Should Do Away With Your NIV Bible For Good by dolphinheart(m): 1:14pm On Oct 09, 2015
Sanchez01:

Please observe the bolded part of your post because my questions are coming from there.
1. Could you please before anything else, explain what the passage says?

2. Let me pretend to agree with you, could you please provide the 'original' manuscript so that myself and others would see how the KJV doctored 1 Tim 3:16.

Thanks in anticipation.

PS: Please answer the number one first before coming down to answer the second.

(1) the passage was talking about the secret of godly devotion which was revealed through jesus.

(2) the word "theos" that is translated as "god" in that verse is not found in most of the earlier manuscripts. And it has been discovered that the manuscripts is which theos is found came as a result of deliberate scribal manipulations.

Hence most translations now remove the word "god" from that verse. But I dnt thing any revised edition of the kjv has done so
Re: Why You Should Do Away With Your NIV Bible For Good by Sanchez01: 1:33pm On Oct 09, 2015
dolphinheart:

(1) the passage was talking about the secret of godly devotion which was revealed through jesus.
I'm not really sure if you're referring to the same 1 Tim 3:16. The is pretty simple and direct.

(2) the word "theos" that is translated as "god" in that verse is not found in most of the earlier manuscripts. And it has been discovered that the manuscripts is which theos is found came as a result of deliberate scribal manipulations.

Hence most translations now remove the word "god" from that verse. But I dnt thing any revised edition of the kjv has done so
I sincerely apologise though but saying "Theos" is has been removed from that verse without empirical evidence is not concrete enough. I sincerely hope you get what I'm implying.
Re: Why You Should Do Away With Your NIV Bible For Good by dolphinheart(m): 7:09pm On Oct 09, 2015
Sanchez01:

I'm not really sure if you're referring to the same 1 Tim 3:16. The is pretty simple and direct.

Can you give ur views on the verse?

I sincerely apologise though but saying "Theos" is has been removed from that verse without empirical evidence is not concrete enough. I sincerely hope you get what I'm implying.

You are right. I dnt have evidence that some translation used "theos " in that verse and later removed it.
But I do know that presently, many bible translations do not have the word "god" in that verse, but the kjv still does.

1. American Standard Version
2. Common English Bible
3. Complete Jewish Bible
(CJB)
4. Douay-Rheims 1899
5. English Standard Version
Anglicised (ESVUK)
6. NET Bible (©2006)
And we all agree, our religion
contains amazing revelation:
He was revealed in the flesh.
7. Holman Christian Standard
Bible (©2009)
8. Good News Translation
(GNT)
9. Lexham English Bible
(LEB)
10. THE MESSAGE
11. Aramaic Bible in Plain
English (©2010)
12. New Century version
13. Mounce Reverse-
Interlinear New Testament
(MOUNCE)
14. Revised Standard version
15. Douay-Rheims
16. New English Translation
(NET)
17. New International Version
(NIV)
18. New International Version
– UK (NIVUK)
19. New American Standard
Bible
20. New Revised Standard
Version (NRSV)
21. English Standard Version
22. Revised Version 1881
23. The Voice (VOICE)

1 Like

Re: Why You Should Do Away With Your NIV Bible For Good by johnw74: 6:52am On Oct 10, 2015
I didn't read all the OP
but enough to see that there is wrong translations in the NIV,
I'm not sure about Isa 14:12 though

Rev 22:16 I Jesus have sent mine angel to testify unto you these things in the churches. I am the root and the offspring of David, and the bright and morning star.

Isa 14:12 The NIV reads, “How you have fallen from heaven, MORNING STAR, son of the dawn! You have been cast down to the earth, you who once laid low the nations!”

Rev 22:16 Jesus the Word is the bright and morning(orthrinos, dawn) star
Isa 14:12 lucifer is morning star(heylel) as well, but lucifer is son of the dawn-morning, son of Jesus

Jesus the Word, created lucifer and all the angels, lucifer is son of the morning, son of the Word Jesus Christ

The Word did not create lucifer evil, he later fell, and took a third of the Angels with him.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Is Dragon Real??? / The Way / The Thirty Wise Sayings Of KING SOLOMON

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 111
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.