Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,906 members, 7,802,941 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 04:35 AM

How Much Do You Spend On Beauty Products Monthly? - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / How Much Do You Spend On Beauty Products Monthly? (20024 Views)

What Part Of Your Body Do You Spend On The Most ? / How Much Should You Spend On A Wedding Dress? / Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Much Do You Spend On Beauty Products Monthly? by yjay(f): 11:57am On Apr 17, 2009
Monthly Beauty Buys! How Much Is It Costing You?

Does anyone else think it costs a lot to buy monthly beauty products? cry
Now here's my beauty buy:
Neutrogena Oil-free acne wash - N,1300-1,500 (Medplus, Kings Plaza)
Neutrogena Pore refining toner - N1,300- N,1500 (Pretty cosmetics, Alade Market)
Avon Anew Clinical eyelift - N3,500 (Katriel)
Neutrogena Visibly Even Moisturizer spf 15 with retinol & vit c - N3,500 (Goldtwinkles)
Neutrogena Blackhead Eliminating scrub(face) - N1,200 - N1,500 (Medplus, Kings Plaza)
Neutrogena Ultra sheer Dry-touch sunblock spf 55 - N3,000 - N4000 (Goldtwinkles)
Queen Helene's Mud Masque - N1,200 (Kuddy cosmetics)
Neutrogena Body Clear body - N1,300 - N1,500 (Medplus, kings Plaza)
Neutrogena Daily Therapeutic Moisturizer for Dry Skin - N2,000 (Katriel)
&
Sometimes Neutrogena Body Oil - N3000 (Perf Designer,Kings Plaza)
Re: How Much Do You Spend On Beauty Products Monthly? by iice(f): 5:04pm On Apr 17, 2009
You spend all the money monthly?

Your skin must be looking like the adverts
Re: How Much Do You Spend On Beauty Products Monthly? by mohawkchic(f): 6:33pm On Apr 18, 2009
iice:

You spend all the money monthly?

Your skin must be looking like the adverts

~ Ha ha! grin cheesy wink

~Does beg the question tho . . do you use all of them before the month ends? undecided 
Re: How Much Do You Spend On Beauty Products Monthly? by yjay(f): 2:46pm On Apr 21, 2009
@iice, the ads!!! i wish!, but ll get there someday grin
@mohawkchic, yeah! by the end of the month! ive run out of them!
Re: How Much Do You Spend On Beauty Products Monthly? by mohawkchic(f): 5:14pm On Apr 21, 2009
~Woah! Maybe you should Try using them in moderation so you wont spend so much monthly?  undecided
Re: How Much Do You Spend On Beauty Products Monthly? by iice(f): 6:03pm On Apr 21, 2009
mohawkchic:

~Woah! Maybe you should Try using them in moderation so you wont spend so much monthly? undecided

I was thinking the same thing.
Re: How Much Do You Spend On Beauty Products Monthly? by Nobody: 9:55pm On Apr 21, 2009
Wow. That's too much. Do you really need all that?
Where do you get the time to go through these rituals?

Re: Monthly Beauty Buys!How Much Is It Costing You?

I don't know. I've never put any thought to it. I don't even know the price of the lotion I use.
Re: How Much Do You Spend On Beauty Products Monthly? by Nobody: 11:26pm On Apr 21, 2009
yjay:

does anyone else think it costs a lot to buy monthly beauty products? cry
now here's my beauty buy:
Neutrogena Oil-free acne wash - N,1300-1,500(Medplus, Kings Plaza)
Neutrogena Pore refining toner - N1,300- N,1500(Pretty cosmetics, Alade Market)
Neutrogena Visibly Even Moisturizer spf 15 with retinol & vit c - N3,500 (Goldtwinkles)
Neutrogena Blackhead Eliminating scrub(face) - N1,200 - N1,500 (Medplus, Kings Plaza)
Neutrogena Ultra sheer Dry-touch sunblock spf 55 - N3,000 - N4000 (Goldtwinkles)
Queen Helene's Mud Masque - N1,200(Kuddy cosmetics)
Neutrogena Daily Therapeutic Moisturizer for Dry Skin - N2,000(Katriel)
&
Sometimes Neutrogena Body Oil - N3000(Perf Designer,Kings Plaza)

Monthly? There's no way you can possibly finish using those items within a month. Or else you're using them more than 3ce a day.

Lady, that's too much to be spending monthly undecided
Re: How Much Do You Spend On Beauty Products Monthly? by Nobody: 11:32pm On Apr 21, 2009
N23,000 per month on ur face? how much is ur salary? grin

1 Like

Re: How Much Do You Spend On Beauty Products Monthly? by tope2000(f): 1:03am On Apr 22, 2009
yjay:

does anyone else think it costs a lot to buy monthly beauty products? cry
now here's my beauty buy:
Neutrogena Oil-free acne wash - N,1300-1,500(Medplus, Kings Plaza)
Neutrogena Pore refining toner - N1,300- N,1500(Pretty cosmetics, Alade Market)
Queen Helene's Mud Masque - N1,200(Kuddy cosmetics)
Neutrogena Daily Therapeutic Moisturizer for Dry Skin - N2,000(Katriel)
&
Sometimes Neutrogena Body Oil - N3000(Perf Designer,Kings Plaza)

Is something wrong with ur face?? cuz i dont understand why u use so much? undecided
Re: How Much Do You Spend On Beauty Products Monthly? by Sissy3(f): 1:20am On Apr 22, 2009
gal stop overworking yourself and your skin ! too much product on your face is not good either it is not advisable and thats probably why you are spending more each month on your skin care regime.

you gotta give your skin a break. let it breath!
Re: How Much Do You Spend On Beauty Products Monthly? by Nobody: 1:24am On Apr 22, 2009
~Sissy~:

gal stop overworking yourself and your skin ! too much product on your face is not good either it is not advisable and thats probably why you are spending more each month on your skin care regime.

you gotta give your skin a break. let it breath!
I think she's just being the typical Naija chick. . . .talking abt sth sth she wished she had.

C'mon, all that monthly? First of all, you CAN'T even finish all those bottles in one month.

Second of all, I wouldn't like to see what her face looks like as a result of all those chemicals on her face. undecided
Re: How Much Do You Spend On Beauty Products Monthly? by ThiefOfHearts(f): 1:28am On Apr 22, 2009
what's wrong with her list? 

I believe she said list your own and not bitch about what she uses. Abi?
Re: How Much Do You Spend On Beauty Products Monthly? by Nobody: 1:39am On Apr 22, 2009
Oh yea, I'm supposed to be piling up list of what I'm using to kill my skin.

@post
Not as much as yours sha shocked grin grin
Re: How Much Do You Spend On Beauty Products Monthly? by ThiefOfHearts(f): 1:41am On Apr 22, 2009
when all you use is Palm Oil nko.

OP, good idea with the sunblock. More Nigerians should implement that in their skincare.
Re: How Much Do You Spend On Beauty Products Monthly? by Sissy3(f): 1:42am On Apr 22, 2009
*Toyinrayo:

Oh yea, I'm supposed to be piling up list of what I'm using to kill my skin.

@post
Not as much as yours sha shocked grin grin

same here.

how u dey?
Re: How Much Do You Spend On Beauty Products Monthly? by Nobody: 1:44am On Apr 22, 2009
ThiefOfHearts:

when all you use is Palm Oil nko.
grin grin grin Just incase you don't know, am sticking my tongue out at you tongue tongue

~Sissy~:

same here.

how u dey?
I dey my sis. We missed you in the Parental guide sec. Hope you dey kampe? wink
Re: How Much Do You Spend On Beauty Products Monthly? by steaming(f): 10:40am On Apr 30, 2009
@OP, just on saturday i was doing this, penning down all itmes i use monthly and their costs, had to cut down on sum items tho.

suave body moisturiser (used to b neutrogena), N900

glycerin oil, N700

food supplement for skin, hair, nails, N1700

dove night facial creme(just started usage), N1800

clean and clear facial wash, N1500

loreal cleanser (lasts months and months, often used), N1300

d good thing is that apart from my food supplements, everyother thing lasts wella over a month, all for the skin, na wa o!
Re: How Much Do You Spend On Beauty Products Monthly? by ThiefOfHearts(f): 3:28pm On Apr 30, 2009
why would you use suave over neutrogena? 

anyway been looking into buying Kiehl products. They['re seriously gonna put me in the poor house.
Re: How Much Do You Spend On Beauty Products Monthly? by steaming(f): 4:07pm On Apr 30, 2009
@ TOH, really dunno y i switched from neutrogena to suave shocked, i fink i just wanted sumfin new, been using neutrogena for quite a long time. women and our wahala
Re: How Much Do You Spend On Beauty Products Monthly? by ThiefOfHearts(f): 4:20pm On Apr 30, 2009
you'd be better off with aveeno. sauve's nonsense.
Re: How Much Do You Spend On Beauty Products Monthly? by spikedcylinder: 5:07pm On Apr 30, 2009
Bandwagon mentality eh.
Re: How Much Do You Spend On Beauty Products Monthly? by 2lip: 9:52pm On May 04, 2009
women have issues
Re: How Much Do You Spend On Beauty Products Monthly? by mohawkchic(f): 1:12am On May 05, 2009
yjay:

~Is there a reason why you're using a Eyelift cream?

~Just read up on whats its Suppose to do . . . .does it work?
Re: How Much Do You Spend On Beauty Products Monthly? by Outstrip(f): 3:43am On May 05, 2009
Your list is not that much different from mine. I use a lot of those myself but I don't think I buy them every month. The neutrogena bodywash I probably do every month but the ones for my face maybe every 6-8 weeks. I can believe though that in Nigeria you can go through these in a month. Whenever I am in NIgeria I constantly wash my face because I swear dust settles on it when I have been outside for a while. In that case she will use this within a month. The only advice I can give is to be careful because every single one of those things you mentioned has 2% salicylic acid which is good to even out your skin tone, I just don't know if you can use that much of it for the long term. I know that you should not even use salicylc acid when you are pregnant so take am easy
Re: How Much Do You Spend On Beauty Products Monthly? by ThiefOfHearts(f): 4:57am On May 05, 2009
salicylic acid doesnt even anything, just burns pimples. Unless a perosn has acne prone skin, they shouldnt be using it
Re: How Much Do You Spend On Beauty Products Monthly? by Outstrip(f): 5:03am On May 05, 2009
It evens out my skin tone and you do not have to have acne to use it. You can even get a more intense dose by getting a chemical peel wth salicylic acid but for everyday treatment 2% salicylic acid is okay
Re: How Much Do You Spend On Beauty Products Monthly? by pritypeety(f): 5:46am On May 05, 2009
(I converted all currencies to nigerian naira, buy almost everything at parkson then cybercolors from sasa)
l'oreal facial milk cleanser N1100
l'oreal eye meakeup remover N1100
clean and clear toner N440
nivea CQ10 lotion N1408
nivea sunblock N1400
st. ives facial scrub for oily skin (blackheads and acne.) N1227
the body shop tea tree oil blemish controller N1980
sasa shop brightning mask with vitamin A N660 for one mask only

Now this i don't use for a month but amonth and a half and mind u some i don't use every day.

Inuovi liquid eye liner (black) N2288
Inuovi loose powder N4840 (2and a half months)
inuovi lipstick N2200 (3 months. I hardly use it)
Revlon softflex foundation with spf 15-N2288 (4 months)
in2it eyeliner black N660
cybercolours eyebrow pencil dark brown N660
eyebrow pencil (sand brown)- N440
mac eye liner - N2200 (once in a while for a smokey touch)
in2it eye shadow(2 colours only) N660
midle eyeshadow (8 colours) N660
marie clare mascara - N1408
marie clare water shine wetlips N660
fruitylips wetlips. (peach 03) N792
fruit menthol wetlips (ice pink) N660

I make sure i buy all this regularly
Re: How Much Do You Spend On Beauty Products Monthly? by platinumnk(f): 2:03pm On May 05, 2009
about 30-50 a month undecided
Re: How Much Do You Spend On Beauty Products Monthly? by agath(f): 2:15pm On May 05, 2009
Less than 2k
Re: How Much Do You Spend On Beauty Products Monthly? by Ibime(m): 2:23pm On May 05, 2009
Look at these ashy-skinned black women spending thousands on products created for white skin when what they really need is some solid petroleum jelly or pomade.
Re: How Much Do You Spend On Beauty Products Monthly? by donsteady(m): 2:41pm On May 05, 2009
@poster, i just enter your room but your picture no dey your profile, i be won check if you fine reach Obj, so that i go try buy those stuff for my girl, but i am afraid, all this chemical may cose cancer of the skin dont you think so?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Meet The 2011 Miss Nigeria Contestants / Automatic Sensor Soap Dispenser Now Available In Nigeria. / How To Tie Gele?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.