Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,569 members, 7,809,081 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:35 PM

Igbo Men And Inter- Tribal Marriage - Culture (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Igbo Men And Inter- Tribal Marriage (37286 Views)

The Origin Of Tribal Marks Practice In Nigeria,styles And Reasons. (photos) / Make-Up Free Photo Of Ola Adeyemi, Alaafin Of Oyo's Wife, Shows Her Tribal Marks / In The 1930s, Igbo Men In Elaborate Hairstyles And Body Paint (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Igbo Men And Inter- Tribal Marriage by RedboneSmith(m): 8:41am On Sep 28, 2017
BlaqCoffee109:
the Ibos are open to Rivers people like the Ikwerre...they are considered Ibo...now the thing with Ibos: Their sons marrying a none ibo especially Yoruba...they will frustrate the life of that union in anticipation for him to marry from "home"...in very rare cases do you see the man stick with his choice and follow through.

And this is based on, what, anecdotal evidence? I bet you don't know that based on anecdotal evidence the same can be said of the Yorubas and other ethnic groups too.

You didn't answer my first question though: Do you believe that Peter is having problems with Paul SPECIFICALLY because of Lola's ethnicity?

1 Like

Re: Igbo Men And Inter- Tribal Marriage by RedboneSmith(m): 8:45am On Sep 28, 2017
BTW, this thread is over two years old. I don't know why you're still alerting the mods to take it to the front page. So that more people can show up and bash Igbos, so you feel good/better?

It's been over two years since that Igbo guy broke your heart. Don't you think you owe it to yourself to get over it already? This isn't healthy.

4 Likes

Re: Igbo Men And Inter- Tribal Marriage by Nobody: 8:50am On Sep 28, 2017
RedboneSmith:

And this is based on, what, anecdotal evidence? I bet you don't know that based on anecdotal evidence the same can be said of the Yorubas and other ethnic groups too.

You didn't answer my first question though: Do you believe that Peter is having problems with Paul SPECIFICALLY because of Lola's ethnicity?
Did you take into account the reports Peter claimed Paul was after his wife...and a post he shared on social media "come and be going"...why that is no basis for these assertions,they might as well be pointers to it...btw,aren't the other boys married?why must Lola be referenced and be at the receiving end at their fights?
Re: Igbo Men And Inter- Tribal Marriage by Nobody: 9:08am On Sep 28, 2017
RedboneSmith:
BTW, this thread is over two years old. I don't know why you're still alerting the mods to take it to the front page. So that more people can show up and bash Igbos, so you feel good/better?

It's been over two years since that Igbo guy broke your heart. Don't you think you owe it to yourself to get over it already? This isn't healthy.
Duh!? am I not grateful am not in the mess Lola Omotayo is in now for the sake of loving/marry an Ibo man?This is a topical and societal issue to be addressed not for the sake of bashing Ibos but to bring certain ills to our national consciousness and deal with it...not to make the same mistakes our fathers made in the past...y'all are quick to cry wolf about the dichotomy of Nigeria;did i hear a referendum?Lets talk about Ibophobia...lets talk about why it is almost a taboo for a full fledged Ibo man not to marry outside Iboland...Yeah it is 2years past this thread but the relevance of this discuss cannot be over-emphasized
Re: Igbo Men And Inter- Tribal Marriage by Nobody: 9:22am On Sep 28, 2017
btw, @RedboneSmith...for my vanity,i left him...i made that decision for him...you know what they say about getting something better than the former?its called upgrade...i got me a MAN ya know what i mean?
Re: Igbo Men And Inter- Tribal Marriage by RedboneSmith(m): 10:01am On Sep 28, 2017
BlaqCoffee109:
btw, @RedboneSmith...for my vanity,i left him...i made that decision for him...you know what they say about getting something better than the former?its called upgrade...i got me a MAN ya know what i mean?

I am actually happy for you, believe me.

1 Like

Re: Igbo Men And Inter- Tribal Marriage by RedboneSmith(m): 10:06am On Sep 28, 2017
BlaqCoffee109:
Did you take into account the reports Peter claimed Paul was after his wife...and a post he shared on social media "come and be going"...why that is no basis for these assertions,they might as well be pointers to it...btw,aren't the other boys married?why must Lola be referenced and be at the receiving end at their fights?

Smh. And you are sure there is no legitimate reason why they have problems with Lola, other than that she is Yoruba? You don't know what goes down in the Okoye household, but you want to tie it down to tribal hatred because you had a bad experience with an Igbo guy?

Lol.

2 Likes

Re: Igbo Men And Inter- Tribal Marriage by Nobody: 10:07am On Sep 28, 2017
RedboneSmith:

I am actually happy for you, believe me.
i am happy for me too,hun...
Re: Igbo Men And Inter- Tribal Marriage by Nobody: 10:10am On Sep 28, 2017
RedboneSmith:

Smh. And you are sure there is no legitimate reason why they have problems with Lola, other than that she is Yoruba? You don't know what goes down in the Okoye household, but you want to tie it down to tribal hatred because you had a bad experience with an Igbo guy?

Lol.
blame it on the rain...just blame it on the rain
Re: Igbo Men And Inter- Tribal Marriage by RedboneSmith(m): 10:18am On Sep 28, 2017
BlaqCoffee109:
Lets talk about Ibophobia...lets talk about why it is almost a taboo for a full fledged Ibo man not to marry outside Iboland...

Taboo?

I've attended enough Igbo man/non-Igbo woman weddings to know this statement is ridiculous. I've seen enough Igbo man/non-Igbo woman couples that have lived happily for decades to know this statement is ridiculous.

Until I see statistics that there is a greater reluctance in Igboland for the men to seek wives outside than the reluctance that exists in other tribes, I maintain that your view is very subjective.

By the way, I am from the Igbo part of Delta State, and I haven't had very good experiences with my Yoruba exes either, because their families didn't approve of 'omo ibo'. You don't see me whining about it and calling Yorubas tribalists.

3 Likes

Re: Igbo Men And Inter- Tribal Marriage by Nobody: 10:45am On Sep 28, 2017
RedboneSmith:

Taboo?

I've attended enough Igbo man/non-Igbo woman weddings to know this statement is ridiculous. I've seen enough Igbo man/non-Igbo woman couples that have lived happily for decades to know this statement is ridiculous.

Until I see statistics that there is a greater reluctance in Igboland for the men to seek wives outside than the reluctance that exists in other tribes, I maintain that your view is very subjective.

By the way, I am from the Igbo part of Delta State, and I haven't had very good experiences with my Yoruba exes either, because their families didn't approve of 'omo ibo'. You don't see me whining about it and calling Yorubas tribalists.
...yada yada, yada...Get back to the issues raised
Re: Igbo Men And Inter- Tribal Marriage by RedboneSmith(m): 10:49am On Sep 28, 2017
BlaqCoffee109:
...yada yada, yada...Get back to the issues raised

Yes. Yada Yada yada... people say that a lot when they begin to realise the premise of their gist holds no water, and they want to fend you off.

Anyway, I think I am done here.

Lalasticlala, please front page, so she can get what she really wants.

Good luck to you.

3 Likes

Re: Igbo Men And Inter- Tribal Marriage by Nobody: 11:19am On Sep 28, 2017
RedboneSmith:

Yes. Yada Yada yada... people say that a lot when they begin to realise the premise of their gist holds no water, and they want to fend you off.

Good luck to you.
...ok
Re: Igbo Men And Inter- Tribal Marriage by ewa26: 12:47pm On Sep 28, 2017
RedboneSmith:

Good luck to you.

hon, i will like you to answer me explaining the differences between igbo and yoruba style jollof rice, just answer me that one question and I will back off ok
Re: Igbo Men And Inter- Tribal Marriage by Nobody: 1:24pm On Sep 28, 2017
ewa26:

hon, i will like you to answer me explaining the differences between igbo and yoruba style jollof rice, just answer me that one question and I will back off ok
for real?curious to know the difference...
Re: Igbo Men And Inter- Tribal Marriage by ewa26: 1:35pm On Sep 28, 2017
BlaqCoffee109:
for real?curious to know the difference...
yes i heard there is quite some difference and i am curious to know wetin e be ok, apparently is either yoruba or igbo that sweet pass, that the other tribe put to mosh nonsense spicing or whateveing

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Igbo Men And Inter- Tribal Marriage by Nobody: 1:39pm On Sep 28, 2017
ewa26:
yes i heard there is quite some difference and i am curious to know wetin e be ok, apparently is either yoruba or igbo that sweet pass, that the other tribe put to mosh nonsense spicing or whateveing
hian!Ooh!!
Re: Igbo Men And Inter- Tribal Marriage by Nobody: 8:37am On Oct 30, 2017
bigfrancis21:

Its not an issue of 'men queuing up for you' but the quality of the men in queue for you? wink Because if the men queuing up for you so far were of solid quality, you wouldn't still be single by now. wink
grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Igbo Men And Inter- Tribal Marriage by Pchidexy(m): 12:22pm On Oct 30, 2017
RedboneSmith:

Wait. Are you suggesting Peter is having problems with Paul for the specific reason that Lola is not Igbo? Didn't Paul marry a Rivers girl?
Paul married an Igbo girl from Oguta. Besides Rivers State is not a tribe.
Re: Igbo Men And Inter- Tribal Marriage by Pchidexy(m): 12:24pm On Oct 30, 2017
BlaqCoffee109:
Duh!? am I not grateful am not in the mess Lola Omotayo is in now for the sake of loving/marry an Ibo man?This is a topical and societal issue to be addressed not for the sake of bashing Ibos but to bring certain ills to our national consciousness and deal with it...not to make the same mistakes our fathers made in the past...y'all are quick to cry wolf about the dichotomy of Nigeria;did i hear a referendum?Lets talk about Ibophobia...lets talk about why it is almost a taboo for a full fledged Ibo man not to marry outside Iboland...Yeah it is 2years past this thread but the relevance of this discuss cannot be over-emphasized
You are heart broken dear! Sorry about your loss. Work on yourself and stop blaming the entire Igbo nation.

2 Likes

Re: Igbo Men And Inter- Tribal Marriage by Nobody: 1:59pm On Oct 30, 2017
QueenOfNepal:
grin grin grin
...you his bottom b*tch now?
Re: Igbo Men And Inter- Tribal Marriage by Nobody: 2:02pm On Oct 30, 2017
Re: Igbo Men And Inter- Tribal Marriage by Nobody: 2:05pm On Oct 30, 2017
Pchidexy:
You are heart broken dear! Sorry about your loss. Work on yourself and stop blaming the entire Igbo nation.
...and you are?You know me?Have we met?
Re: Igbo Men And Inter- Tribal Marriage by Pchidexy(m): 3:00pm On Oct 30, 2017
BlaqCoffee109:
...and you are?You know me?Have we met?
You have been crying so much because of a lost love. There are millions of Igbos men from various background. Get hooked up to one. Stop saying Igbos are bigots. Every group marries more from their stock. Why should Igbo peoples own become a fight.

I am still single you know!

Igbos rock!

1 Like

Re: Igbo Men And Inter- Tribal Marriage by Afam4eva(m): 3:16pm On Oct 30, 2017
Pchidexy:
Paul married an Igbo girl from Oguta. Besides Rivers State is not a tribe.
Paul's wife is from Rivers state.
Re: Igbo Men And Inter- Tribal Marriage by iSlayer: 9:16pm On Oct 30, 2017
And she's still sulking after 2 years? Oh my.

1 Like

Re: Igbo Men And Inter- Tribal Marriage by iSlayer: 9:18pm On Oct 30, 2017
God what did we do wrong to end up with such people? Smh.

1 Like

Re: Igbo Men And Inter- Tribal Marriage by Nobody: 11:11pm On Oct 30, 2017
BlaqCoffee109:
where is pazienza to sign off on your head

1 Like

Re: Igbo Men And Inter- Tribal Marriage by Nobody: 9:28am On Oct 31, 2017
I guess the harsh conditions they are subjected to,have made them lose touch of comprehension or some folks are just plain slow...This thread was created as a sociological discuss to change an anomally in Society...alas,here some dumb folks in their foolry acting like they got juice.Little wonder some class of people will rule over others...all animals are equal,some are more equal than others.Do please bring your brains along when responding to topics as this for the sake of intellectual discuss...people grow,people preferences get refined overtime...at least people like me and 2years is alot of time to do that.Whatever its worth,if y'all can read and comprehend and understand the value of upgrade,i mentioned before i left him and was sorry for him...the pressure he had to go through like one Lola's husband is been subjected to...that is a societal problem and instead of some intelligent submissions,y'all had to be small minded and petty...typical!Do please stick to the topic and importance of the thread.
Re: Igbo Men And Inter- Tribal Marriage by Nobody: 9:38am On Oct 31, 2017
QueenOfNepal:
where is pazienza to sign off on your head
Little girl...I don't do b*tches,much less unintelligent and petty ones...I don't cat fight either...that's for street girls too.If you want to step up to me,do the courtesy of bringing your brain along...I do not have the valuable time to waste on cheap ass wannabes...do please get of my mention.You might wannabe intelligent to contribute meaningfully to enlighten and educate people on the ibos and their culture as an argument to this thread.Thank you
Re: Igbo Men And Inter- Tribal Marriage by Nobody: 9:42am On Oct 31, 2017
BlaqCoffee109:
Little girl...I don't do b*tches,much less unintelligent and petty ones...I don't cat fight either...that's for street girls too.If you want to step up to me,do the courtesy of bringing your brain along...I do not have the valuable time to waste on cheap ass wannabes...do please get of my mention.You might wannabe intelligent to contribute meaningfully to enlighten and educate people on the ibos and their culture as an argument to this thread.Thank you
Long on talk but short on intelligence angry You can do better than this shocked Don't you have more in your arsenal undecided

1 Like

Re: Igbo Men And Inter- Tribal Marriage by Nobody: 10:07am On Oct 31, 2017
QueenOfNepal:
Long on talk but short on intelligence angry You can do better than this shocked Don't you have more in your arsenal undecided
honey,i don't cat fight...I might just rip you apart and that will ruin my Oscar De La Renta dress...btw,your body and mouth odour if placed in a room with you,with your unshaved and smelly pvssy with all em trick daddies's cum stuck on em you sure don't wash well may just be all the weapons you got...who wouldn't be affected by that...sure i am long on talk with all you got going on...who said i was intelligent...oh puleeaaaze,you my fan now?So i am in my mode today...i am running late for an important meeting,off to close on an important deal...stay on nairaland all day dear and look pretty,ok.You can stay on my mention.i repeat,i don't cat fight,i am not big on pleasantries with cheap bottom b*tches...i don't have the time for cute little girl talk,i am a very busy woman and my apologies if i don't continue on this little back and forth.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Oba Adewale Akanbi Drives His G-wagon In Canada. Photos / Oyaaa! Waffi Men, Benin Men, Port Harcourt Niggies, Yenagoa Men. Pidgin Contest / Olu Of Warri, Wife Holiday In Ghana, Meet President Akufo-Addo (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.