Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,486 members, 7,808,773 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:41 PM

An Atheist In Love With A Christian - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / An Atheist In Love With A Christian (3979 Views)

How The Religious Views Atheist In Nigeria / Mark Zuckerberg Was NEVER An Atheist In The First Place . / Mark Zuckerberg Is Not An Atheist? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: An Atheist In Love With A Christian by Nobody: 3:22pm On Oct 01, 2015
Dolemite:
The title says it all, I'm in love with this Christian guy so much that if he proposes right now, I would scream YESSSS!! but he's a Christian, I don't mind him going to church but I feel it could strain our relationship later on, what's an atheist girl to do?
Two cannot work together except they agree. If he is a Christian truly, he is not going ask you to marry him

1 Like

Re: An Atheist In Love With A Christian by Dolemite(f): 6:12pm On Oct 01, 2015
Mee234:

Two cannot work together except they agree. If he is a Christian truly, he is not going ask you to marry him

He said he was cool with being in a relationship with a Muslim though.

1 Like

Re: An Atheist In Love With A Christian by neocortex: 4:33pm On Oct 07, 2015
Proffdada:

the truth is simply obvious we are created by Supreme Being of Higher intellect and Power beyond the Physical who deserves nothing but praise
How did you know that ?
Re: An Atheist In Love With A Christian by wiegraf: 5:20pm On Oct 07, 2015
Dolemite:
The title says it all, I'm in love with this Christian guy so much that if he proposes right now, I would scream YESSSS!! but he's a Christian, I don't mind him going to church but I feel it could strain our relationship later on, what's an atheist girl to do?

Become xtian until the divorce
Re: An Atheist In Love With A Christian by wiegraf: 5:22pm On Oct 07, 2015
FOLYKAZE:

Spiritual atheist disbelieve in God defined as a person living behind the cloud. However, spiritual atheist believes there are more to human, animal and every matter than their physical body. We believe spirit exist. Traditional atheists disbleieve in God but we try to define our God as energy or force or spirits in nature. Some tends to call this spirit consciousness, psyche, ultimate mind, God or whatever, we understand.

Also, spiritual atheist engage in kind of spirituality without God (defined as human). Our spiritualism like Fela said is To be spiritual is not by praying and going to church. Spiritualism is the understanding of the universe so that it can be a better place to live in.

I'm a vegetarian that eats chicken

3 Likes

Re: An Atheist In Love With A Christian by AllNaijaBlogger(m): 5:22pm On Oct 07, 2015
wiegraf:

I'm a vegetarian that eats chicken

I'm a pacifist that engages in street fights

3 Likes

Re: An Atheist In Love With A Christian by Proffdada: 5:11pm On Oct 11, 2015
neocortex:

How did you know that ?
UNDILUTED EXPERIENCE
Re: An Atheist In Love With A Christian by uzoexcel(m): 7:28am On Oct 12, 2015
This s d dumbest sh1t i v heard this year

Proffdada:

I can't be an atheist when I've seen and experienced the Truth
Atheist wallow in darkness to hide their guilt and insecurities in the afterlife
Re: An Atheist In Love With A Christian by dantewest: 8:12pm On Oct 24, 2015
It's not compulsory to go to church. If he loves you, he will respect your beliefs.

2 Likes

Re: An Atheist In Love With A Christian by hpk(m): 12:43am On Oct 25, 2015
dantewest:
It's not compulsory to go to church. If he loves you, he will respect your beliefs.
respecting is one thing and standing by her against the odds is another thing.

1 Like

Re: An Atheist In Love With A Christian by dantewest: 8:38am On Oct 25, 2015
hpk:
respecting is one thing and standing by her against the odds is another thing.

There's nothing there. Religion is over hyped anyway.

2 Likes

Re: An Atheist In Love With A Christian by hpk(m): 10:21am On Oct 25, 2015
dantewest:

There's nothing there. Religion is over hyped anyway.
marriage is a life long business, humans can be funny when marital pressures set in. i wish the OP all the best.

1 Like

Re: An Atheist In Love With A Christian by ThisMeansWAR: 1:26pm On Oct 25, 2015
sonOfLucifer:

An atheist who doesnt believe in God but believes in Gods.
lmao... Is this some kinda of joke? cheesy
Re: An Atheist In Love With A Christian by ThisMeansWAR: 1:29pm On Oct 25, 2015
FOLYKAZE:

Spiritual atheist disbelieve in God defined as a person living behind the cloud. However, spiritual atheist believes there are more to human, animal and every matter than their physical body. We believe spirit exist. Traditional atheists disbleieve in God but we try to define our God as energy or force or spirits in nature. Some tends to call this spirit consciousness, psyche, ultimate mind, God or whatever, we understand.

Also, spiritual atheist engage in kind of spirituality without God (defined as human). Our spiritualism like Fela said is To be spiritual is not by praying and going to church. Spiritualism is the understanding of the universe so that it can be a better place to live in.
so you are talking abt science?
Re: An Atheist In Love With A Christian by FOLYKAZE(m): 1:37pm On Oct 25, 2015
ThisMeansWAR:
so you are talking abt science?

Science have nothing to do with gods
Re: An Atheist In Love With A Christian by ThisMeansWAR: 1:56pm On Oct 25, 2015
FOLYKAZE:

Science have nothing to do with gods
could you elaborate on the gods and what they have to do with energy?
Re: An Atheist In Love With A Christian by FOLYKAZE(m): 5:15pm On Oct 25, 2015
ThisMeansWAR:

could you elaborate on the gods and what they have to do with energy?

The gods and energy are the samethings. Just that the former is revered as divine entity while the latter is mere object in our surroundings. I think he difference lies in Scientifical pantheism and Naturalism.

A good example is Ogun. I have on this thread interpreted Ogun to be the scientifical entity called Iron which in the spiritual sense is a renowed deity (Orisa) among the Yoruba people. I madde my conclusion from the allegorical stories. Ogun moulded the bone of human in his workshop. Calcium is a metalic chemical element which makes up the bone. Do you see the correlation?

Science sees Iron which is a chemical element. Spiritualism go far deep in evaluating the divinity of this element which brought about worshiping of it as a God/gods.

So the question is what makes this things divine? Why is river a common entity but is been worship by some people? At what point does an entity gain a divinity statues? The Sun is ever in the sky, it is an object of worship to some people and natural entity to some.

This puts an end to the question on existence of God/gods.

Sango is lightening/thunder and an historical King in Yoruba kingdom. He represent Justice and rule of law. He does exist Yes. Out there is a lightning strike. It is natural occurence to science but in spiritualism, there is a divinity in it. It is very conscious.

2 Likes

Re: An Atheist In Love With A Christian by jayriginal: 6:24pm On Oct 25, 2015
AllNaijaBlogger:

I'm a pacifist that engages in street fights

I'm an illiterate who writes poems.

1 Like

Re: An Atheist In Love With A Christian by Nobody: 6:49pm On Oct 25, 2015
jayriginal:

I'm an illiterate who writes poems.
A butcher allergic to the sight of blood.

2 Likes

Re: An Atheist In Love With A Christian by ThisMeansWAR: 7:18pm On Oct 25, 2015
FOLYKAZE:

The gods and energy are the samethings. Just that the former is revered as divine entity while the latter is mere object in our surroundings. I think he difference lies in Scientifical pantheism and Naturalism.

A good example is Ogun. I have on this thread interpreted Ogun to be the scientifical entity called Iron which in the spiritual sense is a renowed deity (Orisa) among the Yoruba people. I madde my conclusion from the allegorical stories. Ogun moulded the bone of human in his workshop. Calcium is a metalic chemical element which makes up the bone. Do you see the correlation?

Science sees Iron which is a chemical element. Spiritualism go far deep in evaluating the divinity of this element which brought about worshiping of it as a God/gods.

So the question is what makes this things divine? Why is river a common entity but is been worship by some people? At what point does an entity gain a divinity statues? The Sun is ever in the sky, it is an object of worship to some people and natural entity to some.

This puts an end to the question on existence of God/gods.

Sango is lightening/thunder and an historical King in Yoruba kingdom. He represent Justice and rule of law. He does exist Yes. Out there is a lightning strike. It is natural occurence to science but in spiritualism, there is a divinity in it. It is very conscious.
sorry. Still trying to understand you without going crazy...

What you are try to say is, you believe that if thunder strikes anywhere now, its sango at work or it just represent what sango stood for?
And you also believe ogun moulded human bones like christians believe that god created humans?

Inshort, you believe gods exist right and each an everyone of em stood for something?
Re: An Atheist In Love With A Christian by FOLYKAZE(m): 9:03pm On Oct 25, 2015
ThisMeansWAR:
sorry. Still trying to understand you without going crazy...

There is no need going crazy. If there is something you dont understand, just ask me pls.

ThisMeansWAR:
What you are try to say is, you believe that if thunder strikes anywhere now, its sango at work or it just represent what sango stood for?

Yes, when thunder strike, that is Sango manifesting in nature. Well actually, the anthropomorphization of Lightning and thunder is what Yoruba spiritualist call Sango.

I have a better explanation here:

https://www.nairaland.com/1447731 /renounce-atheism-agnosticism /5#18327019

ThisMeansWAR:
And you also believe ogun moulded human bones like christians believe that god created humans?

lol.

Allegorical accounts shouldn't be taken literally. Even some christians would agree that the creation account in genesis and some accounts in the bible shouldn't be taken literary. I back then when I enjoy reading bible decode that the tree of life in the garden of eden is 'intelligence' in the real sense and not literary a tree.

Allegorical, figurative, anthropomorphization and personification are adopted in Yoruba culture. Though the account of how man came to be or the universe are depited as work of man but those men are personification of natural entity. In Scientic/Naturalistic Pantheism identify Deity in Natural entities. Therefore, the deities which are been worshipped and revered and depited as human are simply personification of Natural entities.

In the creation account of the Yoruba people, Yemoja is the icy comet which serve as the source of water. She gave birth to life, vegetation, fresh water, wealth and lots more.

Obatala built the universe. He is personification of the light from the big bang.

Oduduwa represent matter.

So in the account of Ogun, we were told that Ogun moulded the bone of man. Decoding the account, Ogun represent everything metalic. Now, science states that Calcium is what makes bone. However, Calcium as it is known is a metalic chemical element. Therefore we conclude that Calcium been a metalic element is/was personifed as Ogun - the deity.

ThisMeansWAR:
Inshort, you believe gods exist right and each an everyone of em stood for something?

Firstly, how can a reasonable person disblieve in the existence of God? Well I think God needs to be defined here before invoking Psaml 14:1.

If you define a God as a supernatural person who created the universe and lives in the sky. This I dont believe in.

Nevertheless, we need to be realsitic with ourselves about what God is.

John 10:34, we men are Gods.

Exodus 22:28 Judges are refered to as God.

Gen 3:22 holds that having a moral potential is a quality of being divine or been God.

Now tell me how those Gods listed doesnt exist.

Let me move away from christianity.

Shakti is female principle of Energy. It is personification of Energy. She is a supreme God in Shaktism.

Brahman though depicted as deity in hindi philosophy but we know Brahman is what we call reality

Maya is devil in Hinduism but he is illusion.

So will you conclude those Deties do not exist?

You might well when you view them literally but when we explain in detail what these Gods are, disblieving in them is the greatest insanity.

So to your question, Yes, I believe God exist but not as Human living behind the wind.

I dont believe Jehovah is a human living in the sky.

I dont believe Allah is a human.

I dont believe Yemoja is a woman with long breast.

I dont believe Zeus is a man.

However, I believe Jehovah is a volcanic eruption which the middle eastern do not understand much.

I believe Iustitia/lady justice which is a greek goddess is not a lady but deification of Law and Justice.

I am an atheist. Spiritual atheist to be specific. I tend to define God and identify it with a natural entity. Therefore I posit that God does exist.

1 Like

Re: An Atheist In Love With A Christian by ThisMeansWAR: 9:34pm On Oct 25, 2015
FOLYKAZE:

There is no need going crazy. If there is something you dont understand, just ask me pls.

Yes, when thunder strike, that is Sango manifesting in nature. Well actually, the anthropomorphization of Lightning and thunder is what Yoruba spiritualist call Sango.

I have a better explanation here:

https://www.nairaland.com/1447731 /renounce-atheism-agnosticism /5#18327019

lol.

Allegorical accounts shouldn't be taken literally. Even some christians would agree that the creation account in genesis and some accounts in the bible shouldn't be taken literary. I back then when I enjoy reading bible decode that the tree of life in the garden of eden is 'intelligence' in the real sense and not literary a tree.

Allegorical, figurative, anthropomorphization and personification are adopted in Yoruba culture. Though the account of how man came to be or the universe are depited as work of man but those men are personification of natural entity. In Scientic/Naturalistic Pantheism identify Deity in Natural entities. Therefore, the deities which are been worshipped and revered and depited as human are simply personification of Natural entities.

In the creation account of the Yoruba people, Yemoja is the icy comet which serve as the source of water. She gave birth to life, vegetation, fresh water, wealth and lots more.

Obatala built the universe. He is personification of the light from the big bang.

Oduduwa represent matter.

So in the account of Ogun, we were told that Ogun moulded the bone of man. Decoding the account, Ogun represent everything metalic. Now, science states that Calcium is what makes bone. However, Calcium as it is known is a metalic chemical element. Therefore we conclude that Calcium been a metalic element is/was personifed as Ogun - the deity.

Firstly, how can a reasonable person disblieve in the existence of God? Well I think God needs to be defined here.

If you define a God as a supernatural person who created the universe and lives in the sky. This I dont believe in.

Nevertheless, we need to be realsitic with ourselves about what God is.

John 10:34, we men are Gods.

Exodus 22:28 Judges are refered to as God.

Gen 3:22 holds that have a moral potential is a quality of a divine or been God.

Now tell me how those Gods listed doesnt exist.

Let me move away from christianity.

Shakti is female principle of Energy. It is personification of Energy. She is a supreme God in Shaktism.

Brahman though depicted as deity in hindi philosophy but we know Brahman is what we call reality

Maya is devil in Hinduism but he is illusion.

So will you conclude those Deties do not exist?

You might well when you view them literally but when we explain in detail what these Gods are, disblieving in them is the greatest insanity.

So to your question, Yes, I believe God exist but not as Human.

I dont believe Jehovah is a human living in the sky.

I dont believe Allah is a human.

I dont believe Yemoja is a woman with long breast.

I dont believe Zeus is a man.

However, I believe Jehovah is a volcanic eruption which the middle eastern do not understand much.

I believe Iustitia/lady justice which is a greek goddess is not a lady but deification of Law and Justice.

I am an atheist. Spiritual atheist to be specific. I tend to define God and identify it with a natural entity. Therefore I posit that God does exist.
hmmm you sound like a budhist to me.

Well, i cannot tell you what to call yourself or how to define your self...but i think you should remove the atheist from it. kinda contradictory, if you just believe in the teachings of these gods and not them, spiritual atheist would have made more sense like my friend that calls himself christian atheist....

Perhap. Just a spiritualist would have made more sense... Atheist that believes in god/s is just wrong...totally against the definition atheism.
Re: An Atheist In Love With A Christian by FOLYKAZE(m): 9:59pm On Oct 25, 2015
ThisMeansWAR:
hmmm you sound like a budhist to me.

Well, i cannot tell you what to call yourself or how to define your self...but i think you should remove the atheist from it. kinda contradictory, if you just believe in the teachings of these gods and not them, spiritual atheist would have made more sense like my friend that calls himself christian atheist....

Perhap. Just a spiritualist would have made more sense... Atheist that believes in god/s is just wrong...totally against the definition atheism.

I am not a Buddhist though I have read somethings about buddhism.

What do you think Spiritual atheism is?

I think there are buck of answers here:
http://www.centerforabetterworld.com/SpiritualAtheism/about-spiritual-atheism.htm

and

https://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20100523130732AAme3Wf

Going by the definitions, I am a spiritual atheist.

I think the word 'Ignostics' fits here if not that I am not ignorant about this Gods

1 Like

Re: An Atheist In Love With A Christian by Konquest: 10:09am On Nov 12, 2021
FOLYKAZE:

Spiritual + Atheist

(1) (2) (Reply)

How To Prepare For Church Meetings / Jim Iyke Punch Prophet TB Joshua ''man Of God You Took Advantage Of Me'' / Ori Okori & Lorine Okotie's Songs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.