Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,587 members, 7,809,124 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:10 AM

Ijebuland's Ojude Oba Festival 2015 (pictures) - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Ijebuland's Ojude Oba Festival 2015 (pictures) (39934 Views)

Amosun Reconciles Awujale Of Ijebuland And Alake Of Egbaland / Ooni Of Ife Visits Awujale Of Ijebuland (Photos) / Obi Of Onitsha Ofala Festival 2015- PHOTOS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ijebuland's Ojude Oba Festival 2015 (pictures) by sukkot: 5:24pm On Sep 27, 2015

4 Likes

Re: Ijebuland's Ojude Oba Festival 2015 (pictures) by dramenda(f): 5:24pm On Sep 27, 2015
Nice

1 Like

Re: Ijebuland's Ojude Oba Festival 2015 (pictures) by Nobody: 5:25pm On Sep 27, 2015
ragiluhivo:
Yorubas sabi worwor sha...

I knew an !d!ot!c red mud romani like you will never disappoint me. Calling you stvp!d is a tribute

28 Likes

Re: Ijebuland's Ojude Oba Festival 2015 (pictures) by sukkot: 5:25pm On Sep 27, 2015

7 Likes

Re: Ijebuland's Ojude Oba Festival 2015 (pictures) by Nobody: 5:26pm On Sep 27, 2015
asumo12:
Sudanese kingtom
Oganla, ur people grin

2 Likes

Re: Ijebuland's Ojude Oba Festival 2015 (pictures) by islandmoon: 5:28pm On Sep 27, 2015
yoobaa

1 Like

Re: Ijebuland's Ojude Oba Festival 2015 (pictures) by nem95: 5:28pm On Sep 27, 2015
NICE PIC BUT STILL DOSENT CHANGE D PRICE OF GARRI

1 Like

Re: Ijebuland's Ojude Oba Festival 2015 (pictures) by Bacteriocin(m): 5:28pm On Sep 27, 2015
if you never hammer, oju'de oba go frustrate you ooo. E better make you sit down for your haus jeje.....

5 Likes

Re: Ijebuland's Ojude Oba Festival 2015 (pictures) by Bollinger(m): 5:29pm On Sep 27, 2015
The sooner Nigeria moves away from traditionalism the sooner nigeria moves toward the modern era.
Re: Ijebuland's Ojude Oba Festival 2015 (pictures) by ifyalways(f): 5:29pm On Sep 27, 2015
I attended this years own. So much fun , food and gbadun.

4 Likes

Re: Ijebuland's Ojude Oba Festival 2015 (pictures) by KingTom(m): 5:29pm On Sep 27, 2015
asumo12:
Sudanese kingtom
Omo ijebu lemi ooo cool

4 Likes

Re: Ijebuland's Ojude Oba Festival 2015 (pictures) by ERAKAMUS: 5:31pm On Sep 27, 2015
ragiluhivo:
You get sense so.

7 Likes

Re: Ijebuland's Ojude Oba Festival 2015 (pictures) by DJMCOTTY(m): 5:32pm On Sep 27, 2015
All this expensive looking women....... Na wash o! , some of them na borrow they borrow money for those "costumes", next year if they dont have the money for the "costume" they look for one of the chief to sleep with,... Mtcheew!!!! Abeg who know how to get to Germany from Mile 2??

2 Likes

Re: Ijebuland's Ojude Oba Festival 2015 (pictures) by Generalkorex(m): 5:32pm On Sep 27, 2015
Wow dats nice proudly yoruba irepjebusite

2 Likes

Re: Ijebuland's Ojude Oba Festival 2015 (pictures) by Bacteriocin(m): 5:34pm On Sep 27, 2015
ragiluhivo:
if after viewing all these this is what you were able to type, then I say, "ori awon baba nlaku e ti buru".
Eyin omo alainiran yi

29 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ijebuland's Ojude Oba Festival 2015 (pictures) by DJMCOTTY(m): 5:41pm On Sep 27, 2015
ifyalways:
I attended this years own. So much fun , food and gbadun.
i like the way yoruba babes express themselves... There must be that element of yoros!

2 Likes

Re: Ijebuland's Ojude Oba Festival 2015 (pictures) by JideTheBlogger(m): 5:41pm On Sep 27, 2015
Cool,.proud to ijebu but this ojude oba won't fix the bad roads sad
Re: Ijebuland's Ojude Oba Festival 2015 (pictures) by tunde1200(m): 5:44pm On Sep 27, 2015
Ijebu state is really necessary.

i like the costume from groups and they are very colorful.

proudly Odua

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ijebuland's Ojude Oba Festival 2015 (pictures) by Enesi47: 5:45pm On Sep 27, 2015
Am typical Ebira from kogi, but am in love with what am seeing, God bless entire ijebu land, God bless ogun state and God bless Nigerians , Igbon,hausa and yoruba let unite, united we stand .

7 Likes

Re: Ijebuland's Ojude Oba Festival 2015 (pictures) by ednoville(m): 5:45pm On Sep 27, 2015
Pls vote baby Daniel the only remaining Nigerian in this competition pls click on this link to vote http://wshe.es/3nWOuk7T
Re: Ijebuland's Ojude Oba Festival 2015 (pictures) by Nobody: 5:50pm On Sep 27, 2015
Bollinger:
The sooner Nigeria moves away from traditionalism the sooner nigeria moves toward the modern era.

I don't know why comments like this always enrage me. The Scots should get rid of their bagpipes and kilts and all their traditions before they can move towards the modern era, eh? Oh, wait the Scots are already in the modern era, bagpipes and all. undecided

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ijebuland's Ojude Oba Festival 2015 (pictures) by agarawu23(m): 5:50pm On Sep 27, 2015
grin

I miss home o

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ijebuland's Ojude Oba Festival 2015 (pictures) by safeguide: 5:50pm On Sep 27, 2015
proudly omo ijebu smiley.....i was there too and is always cool

for your new homes plsss visit... www.safeguideconcept,
Re: Ijebuland's Ojude Oba Festival 2015 (pictures) by IamAtribalist: 5:57pm On Sep 27, 2015
Bollinger:

cool HEEDIOT HE-GOAT cool

6 Likes

Re: Ijebuland's Ojude Oba Festival 2015 (pictures) by juman(m): 6:00pm On Sep 27, 2015
A failed king.
Re: Ijebuland's Ojude Oba Festival 2015 (pictures) by rotecch77(m): 6:00pm On Sep 27, 2015
I was there too
Re: Ijebuland's Ojude Oba Festival 2015 (pictures) by Bollinger(m): 6:02pm On Sep 27, 2015
Radoillo:

I don't know why comments like this always enrage me. The Scots should get rid of their bagpipes and kilts and all their traditions before they can move towards the modern era, eh? Oh, wait the Scots are already in the modern era, bagpipes and all. undecided

The comparism is ridiculous. Traditionalism in Nigeria is not forward thinking. It is based more on subjugation, archaic human sacrifice and idol worship. How often do we hear "don't go out at this time of the day, the oba is looking for someone to sacrifice to the gods". Abi i lie?
Re: Ijebuland's Ojude Oba Festival 2015 (pictures) by Nobody: 6:04pm On Sep 27, 2015
Really nice, colourful cultural attires. I never knew Yoruba's had horsemen.
Re: Ijebuland's Ojude Oba Festival 2015 (pictures) by Nobody: 6:04pm On Sep 27, 2015
Really nice, colourful cultural attires. I never knew Yoruba's had horsemen.
Re: Ijebuland's Ojude Oba Festival 2015 (pictures) by Nobody: 6:10pm On Sep 27, 2015
Bollinger:

The comparism is ridiculous. Traditionalism in Nigeria is not forward thinking. It is based more on subjugation, archaic human sacrifice and idol worship. How often do we hear "don't go out at this time of the day, the oba is looking for someone to sacrifice to the gods". Abi i lie?

You came on a thread about a Nigerian Festival with Muslim roots and wrote what you wrote. My response to your comment was in context. Now you want to talk about human sacrifice and 'idol' worship? Is Ojude Oba about any of those things? Perhaps you should have saved that comment and made it on an appropriate thread - not here.

8 Likes

Re: Ijebuland's Ojude Oba Festival 2015 (pictures) by USAutoBuy(m): 6:10pm On Sep 27, 2015
Born and raised in Ijebu Ode. But i beg to differ. This is a complete waste of money and time. You can name on one hand a substantial company that belongs to an Ijebu proper (Born and Bred). What they failed to show you is the road that leads to the palace either from Folagbade or Ita ale. God forbid you are coming from Oke aje market right in front of the yidi going to GRA and its raining you are in big trouble.

And less i forget the King has a house if u drive passing in front of the Court and towards Gateway hotel. All those roads are TERRIBLE.

And yearly without failure all these guys will come bearing gifts and money to a STUPENDOUSLY WEALTHY KING.

Don't be fooled by the Sunday's best, most of these guys are just getting by. Rented cars and outfit bought on loan for a day of stupidity if you ask me. More than half of the young population are riding Okada. School teachers are not paid on time.

Take a short 5 mins walk up the street and go to the Local govt council and you will be welcomed with eyesore and a barely functional govt. Broken down GOVT vehicles littered everywhere. Some of these vehicles can be fixed up for next to nothing but they are there rotting away.

I can almost be sure that those guys go for months without pay as well.

Born in Ijebu Ode General Hospital. Attended Porogun Primary school and Ijebu Ode Grammer School. I will like to think i know what i am talking about.

Come next year, the stupidity will repeat itself. It never fails.

13 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Igwe Kenneth Orizu: Why I Abolished Osu Caste System / Alaafin Of Oyo & Ooni Of Ife In Cheerful Mood At 50th Birthday Of Olu Of Ilaro(p / Fire Guts Ooni Of Ife Palace Courtyard Burnt Down To Ashes(photos,Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.