Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,297 members, 7,808,010 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:51 AM

Was Ishmael A Prophet? Simple Question For Muslims - Islam for Muslims (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Was Ishmael A Prophet? Simple Question For Muslims (10722 Views)

Some Deeds Not Meant For Muslims 2 / Some Deeds Not Meant For Muslims / An Honest Survey For Muslims. Take Your Time To Think And Then Respond. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Was Ishmael A Prophet? Simple Question For Muslims by Nobody: 9:10pm On Sep 28, 2015
Demmzy15:

Gerrout jor illiterate boy! Better go and cure your leprosy! angry
kindly do not stoop to the same level of insulting rather than debating sensibly
Re: Was Ishmael A Prophet? Simple Question For Muslims by Rilwon: 9:25pm On Sep 28, 2015
enieme:

althogh id advise that u do less of argeing as u may sometimes make insulting posts or touch controversial areas that may even refer backbto d religion u profess.
example is ur thread on a "suya loving God".
the purpose is to argue with reason nd hope to change view, not to insult, hate or show flawsvs one'superiority

Okay, thanks.
Re: Was Ishmael A Prophet? Simple Question For Muslims by jcross19: 9:27pm On Sep 28, 2015
Demmzy15:

Gerrout jor illiterate boy! Better go and help me cure my leprosy! angry
okay.
Re: Was Ishmael A Prophet? Simple Question For Muslims by Demmzy15(m): 9:28pm On Sep 28, 2015
enieme:

kindly do not stoop to the same level of insulting rather than debating sensibly
He started it! embarassed lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Was Ishmael A Prophet? Simple Question For Muslims by Rilwon: 9:29pm On Sep 28, 2015
enieme:

I believe you are saying this because you haven't for once engage them in a debate.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Was Ishmael A Prophet? Simple Question For Muslims by Demmzy15(m): 9:29pm On Sep 28, 2015
jcross19:
okay.
Where's the story of Prophet Iddo as asked?! undecided
Re: Was Ishmael A Prophet? Simple Question For Muslims by jcross19: 9:31pm On Sep 28, 2015
Demmzy15:

Gerrout jor illiterate boy! Better go and help me cure my leprosy! angry
okay.
Re: Was Ishmael A Prophet? Simple Question For Muslims by truthman2012(m): 9:49pm On Sep 28, 2015
Rilwon:

I know what it means.. But wait, why didnt you address the other post?

Kindly refer back to the post please..

I have been repeating my explanation to you repeated question. Please dont let enieme mock me. She already warned me that you will waste my time, but being the fact that you are my child grin grin grin I am not ready to leave you just like that.

rev- e- la- tion
[rev- uh -ley -sh uh n]
noun
the act of revealing or disclosing; disclosure. something revealed or disclosed, especially a striking disclosure, as of something not before realized.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/revelation

In other words, God revealed many disclosure that are not before realized to people that are not even Prophets.

When it happened is best known to God. Where it happened is not the bone of contention.. The bone of contention is what the message was which is to believe in God and not to have partners beside him.

Which other post are you talking about?

Sure, God reveals only messages that are yet unknown to man, no need repeating Himself and that is one of my points. Every generation has peculiar messages based on their actions and behaviours and God often times needed to speak to them through various prophets.

But according to islam and even you, allahh was reaping himself hundreds of times in all generations Infact, he had no other message other than ''worship one-God and do not associate partners with him, other aspect of human lives did not matter to him. As if that existing message is not on records already, he keeps sending all prophets to say the same thing for all generations.

That reapetition of messages by allah is what you anchored your defence upon by saying all prophets, including Ishmael were given the same message, because you could find the revelations allahh claimed he gave to him.

We found where allahh spoke to Adam. We found where he spoke to Abraham, Moses, Jesus, Muhammad etc but no record of where he spoke to Ishmael as a prophet. So in islam it is only the revelation given to Ishmael that is missing. There is record of even Adam who first lived, why is that of Ishmael who lived much later is missing.

The truth is that no revelation was given to Ishmael, it is only one of the devices of the Devil to deceive humanity.

As I said earlier, Ishmael case is not the only lie I discovered in the quran, the false claim of past prophets marrying the wives of their adopted sons and past prophets receiving revelation from satan like Muhammad could not be disputed.
Re: Was Ishmael A Prophet? Simple Question For Muslims by Nobody: 9:53pm On Sep 28, 2015
Demmzy15:

He started it! embarassed lipsrsealed
but u both have been caught disrupting the peace on this thread so raise up ur hands and close ur eyes!

Quote rilwon I believe you are saying this because you haven't for once engage them in a debate.
yeah its my firs time but once d arguement starts getting heated, ill just ignore them
Re: Was Ishmael A Prophet? Simple Question For Muslims by Nobody: 9:55pm On Sep 28, 2015
Demmzy15:

hehe, ive never heard of that. Is there a prophet dat goes by the name iddo?
Re: Was Ishmael A Prophet? Simple Question For Muslims by Demmzy15(m): 9:57pm On Sep 28, 2015
enieme:

hehe, ive never heard of that. Is there a prophet dat goes by the name iddo?
Sorry! I was actually referring to that jcross19 guy.
Re: Was Ishmael A Prophet? Simple Question For Muslims by truthman2012(m): 10:04pm On Sep 28, 2015
Demmzy15:

Educate yourself here:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iddo_(prophet)

Or Google prophet Iddo
Re: Was Ishmael A Prophet? Simple Question For Muslims by malvisguy212: 10:08pm On Sep 28, 2015
Rilwon:

But you said Isaac is not a prophet? undecided

Is Abraham a prophet, yes or no? Did Abraham also come from the lineage of Isaaac?

Please answer my questions, don't evade them this time. undecided

Wrong!

Here is what the Quran say
34/24"Verily We have sent thee in truth, as a bearer of glad tidings, and as a warner: and there never was a people, without a warner having lived among them (in the past).
14/4 " We sent not an apostle except (to teach) in the language of his (own) people, in order to make (things) clear to them. Now God leaves straying those whom He pleases and guides whom He pleases: and He is Exalted in power, full of Wisdom.

The point is there was not a nation that didn't receive a Messenger from God reciting to them the Truth in their own language. The Jews believe this too.

"The Talmud teaches that there were hundreds of thousands of prophets: twice as many as the number of people who left Egypt, which was 600,000. But most of the prophets conveyed messages that were intended solely for their own generation and were not reported in scripture . Scripture identifies only 55 prophets of Israel." http://www.jewfaq.org/m/prophet.htm
the bible never mention Isaac as a prophet . your answer indicate you agree with the talmud, do the talmud mention muhammed as a prophet ? Why will the Jews have soo many prophet and only one came from arab with different message? And the manner in which All this prophet received their revelation is different from muhammed. All prophet encounter the Almighty God when receiving there revelation, only muhammed received his own through an angel . Why ?

1 Like

Re: Was Ishmael A Prophet? Simple Question For Muslims by jcross19: 10:08pm On Sep 28, 2015
Demmzy15:

when allah is confused why won't be confused as well.
Re: Was Ishmael A Prophet? Simple Question For Muslims by Rilwon: 10:13pm On Sep 28, 2015
truthman2012:

Sure, God reveals only messages that are yet unknown to man, no need repeating Himself and that is one of my points. Every generation has peculiar messages based on their actions and behaviours and God often times needed to speak to them through various prophets. But according to islam and even you, allahh was reaping himself hundreds of times in all generations Infact, he had no other message other than ''worship one-God and do not associate partners with him, other aspect of human lives did not matter to him. As if that existing message is not on records already, he keeps sending all prophets to say the same thing for all generations. That reapetition of messages by allah is what you anchored your defence upon by saying all prophets, including Ishmael were given the same message, because you could find the revelations allahh claimed he gave to him.

You are mixing things up old man. When I said the bone of contention, I wasnt talking about the only message/revelation or the same revelation.. What I mean by 'bone of contention' is the main issue i.e. the most important message being revealed.. Jesus in Mark 12:29 laid emphasy on this when he said 'the most important commandement is to understand the God is ONE...
Please don't get me wrong.

We found where allahh spoke to Adam. We found where he spoke to Abraham, Moses, Jesus, Muhammad etc but no record of where he spoke to Ishmael as a prophet. So in islam it is only the revelation given to Ishmael that is missing. There is record of even Adam who first lived, why is that of Ishmael who lived much later is missing.

I have addressed this up there, only that you just want to remain stiffnecked. The record is not our concern if not what is in it, Quran 19:55 already made it clear that is in the record.

Now, let me ask you: Where is the story of Prophet Iddo written?

The truth is that no revelation was given to Ishmael, it is only one of the devices of the Devil to deceive humanity.

Thats your opinion, and that you typed it here doesnt make it true. My response so far is enough for any sane individual that your assertion above is nothing but lie.

As I said earlier, Ishmael case is not the only lie I discovered in the quran, the false claim of past prophets marrying the wives of their adopted sons and past prophets receiving revelation from satan like Muhammad could not be disputed.

Do you know all the Prophets sent by God? If yes - Please start by telling us their names and their wives..

1 Like

Re: Was Ishmael A Prophet? Simple Question For Muslims by Rilwon: 10:19pm On Sep 28, 2015
enieme:

yeah its my firs time but once d arguement starts getting heated, ill just ignore them

We can't possibly ignore these set of individual, check on their profile one after the other, you will notice that they are hell bent on spreading lies about Islam. We cant continue to look at them like that.

And the sad part is that, they all cant stand an open reasonable debate. They would be the first to throw insult at God and His prophet.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Was Ishmael A Prophet? Simple Question For Muslims by Nobody: 10:20pm On Sep 28, 2015
Demmzy15:

i know. But the name of the prophet is what caught my attention. Ias there any such prophet? Iddo
Re: Was Ishmael A Prophet? Simple Question For Muslims by Rilwon: 10:21pm On Sep 28, 2015
malvisguy212:
the bible never mention Isaac as a prophet . your answer indicate you agree with the talmud, do the talmud mention muhammed as a prophet ? Why will the Jews have soo many prophet and only one came from arab with different message? And the manner in which All this prophet received their revelation is different from muhammed. All prophet encounter the Almighty God when receiving there revelation, only muhammed received his own through an angel . Why ?

First of all answer my question: [size=20pt] WHO IS A PROPHET? [/size]

I will answer this post whenever you answrr the above question..
Re: Was Ishmael A Prophet? Simple Question For Muslims by Nobody: 10:25pm On Sep 28, 2015
Rilwon:

We can't possibly ignore these set of individual, check on their profile one after the other, you will notice that they are hell bent on spreading lies about Islam. We can continue to look at them like that.

And the sad part is that, they all cant stand an open reasonable debate. They would be the first to throw insult at God and His prophet.
yes i get ur point, but then:
{Invite to the way of your Lord with wisdom and good instruction, and argue with them in a way that is best. Indeed, your Lord is Most Knowing of who has strayed from His way, and He is most knowing of who is [rightly] guided.} [Quran 16:125]

{And do not argue with the People of the Scripture except in a way that is best, except for those who commit injustice among them, and say, “We believe in that which has been revealed to us and revealed to you. And our God and your God is One; and we are Muslims [in submission] to Him.”} [Quran 29:46]
Re: Was Ishmael A Prophet? Simple Question For Muslims by malvisguy212: 10:25pm On Sep 28, 2015
truthman2012:

Sure, God reveals only messages that are yet unknown to man, no need repeating Himself and that is one of my points. Every generation has peculiar messages based on their actions and behaviours and God often times needed to speak to them through various prophets.

But according to islam and even you, allahh was reaping himself hundreds of times in all generations Infact, he had no other message other than ''worship one-God and do not associate partners with him, other aspect of human lives did not matter to him. As if that existing message is not on records already, he keeps sending all prophets to say the same thing for all generations.

That reapetition of messages by allah is what you anchored your defence upon by saying all prophets, including Ishmael were given the same message, because you could find the revelations allahh claimed he gave to him.

this evening, I was watching a christian programme (faith TV) Joycemeyer . A muslims girl came home and told her parents, "I am now a christian" they ask why, the girl reply, "because God love me that is why he FIRST send His son to die for my sin " she was not tough that Allah love her , she was only tough to OBEY Allah . Yes that what islam is about , obey allah , love allah and his messanger , don't ask question.

@ All muslims , has your Alfa or imam ever told you, Allah love you ? ( If you lie ,deep inside you, you know the truth ) NO muslims can BOAST Allah love him .
Re: Was Ishmael A Prophet? Simple Question For Muslims by Rilwon: 10:27pm On Sep 28, 2015
truthman2012:

Educate yourself here:

Or Google prophet Iddo

2 Chronicles 13:22 talks about a book not wikipedia undecided undecided
Re: Was Ishmael A Prophet? Simple Question For Muslims by Nobody: 10:27pm On Sep 28, 2015
jcross19:
when allah is confused why won't be confused as well.
see urself. D type that attacks the messenger rather than tackling tge message
Re: Was Ishmael A Prophet? Simple Question For Muslims by Rilwon: 10:29pm On Sep 28, 2015
enieme:

yes i get ur point, but then:
{Invite to the way of your Lord with wisdom and good instruction, and argue with them in a way that is best. Indeed, your Lord is Most Knowing of who has strayed from His way, and He is most knowing of who is [rightly] guided.} [Quran 16:125]

{And do not argue with the People of the Scripture except in a way that is best, except for those who commit injustice among them, and say, “We believe in that which has been revealed to us and revealed to you. And our God and your God is One; and we are Muslims [in submission] to Him.”} [Quran 29:46]

Okay, thanks ma'am.
Re: Was Ishmael A Prophet? Simple Question For Muslims by Rilwon: 10:32pm On Sep 28, 2015
malvisguy212:
this evening, I was watching a christian programme (faith TV) Joycemeyer . A muslims girl came home and told her parents, "I am now a christian" they ask why, the girl reply, "because God love me that is why he FIRST send His son to die for my sin " she was not tough that Allah love her , she was only tough to OBEY Allah . Yes that what islam is about , obey allah , love allah and his messanger , don't ask question.

@ All muslims , has your Alfa or imam ever told you, Allah love you ? ( If you lie ,deep inside you, you know the truth ) NO muslims can BOAST Allah love him .

grin grin
Re: Was Ishmael A Prophet? Simple Question For Muslims by jcross19: 10:32pm On Sep 28, 2015
enieme:

see urself. D type that attacks the messenger rather than tackling tge message
"k"
Re: Was Ishmael A Prophet? Simple Question For Muslims by malvisguy212: 10:36pm On Sep 28, 2015
Rilwon:

First of all answer my question: [size=20pt] WHO IS A PROPHET? [/size]

I will answer this post whenever you answrr the above question..
okay. A prophet is an inspired teacher who proclaim the will of God . Hearing from God doesent mean you are a prophet , it is God himself who appoint His prophet. Just as Jesus appoint His own disciples.
Re: Was Ishmael A Prophet? Simple Question For Muslims by Nobody: 10:37pm On Sep 28, 2015
Rilwon:

Okay, thanks ma'am.
u wlc
Re: Was Ishmael A Prophet? Simple Question For Muslims by Demmzy15(m): 10:45pm On Sep 28, 2015
enieme:

i know. But the name of the prophet is what caught my attention. Ias there any such prophet? Iddo
There might be sha, it's from his bible so I want him to tell us more!
Re: Was Ishmael A Prophet? Simple Question For Muslims by Rilwon: 10:46pm On Sep 28, 2015
malvisguy212:
okay. A prophet is an inspired teacher who proclaim the will of God . Hearing from God doesent mean you are a prophet , it is God himself who appoint His prophet. Just as Jesus appoint His own disciples.

Can you please list them and reference how they were appointed?
Re: Was Ishmael A Prophet? Simple Question For Muslims by malvisguy212: 10:47pm On Sep 28, 2015
Rilwon:

Okay, thanks.
@enieme,rilwayn will never stop insulting people, insult dey e blood.
Re: Was Ishmael A Prophet? Simple Question For Muslims by Demmzy15(m): 10:48pm On Sep 28, 2015
truthman2012:

Educate yourself here:

Or Google prophet Iddo
Mr man expantiate more on 2 Chronicles! undecided
Re: Was Ishmael A Prophet? Simple Question For Muslims by Nobody: 10:48pm On Sep 28, 2015
malvisguy212:
@enieme,rilwayn will never stop insulting people, insult dey e blood.
hmmm, u nko?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

What Islam Says If Eid Prayer And Juma’at (friday), Coincide On The Same Day / Prophet Muhammad (allah's Peace & Blessings Be Upon Him) Is Light / Ruling On Racism And Tribalism

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.