Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,472 members, 7,808,702 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:40 PM

Was Ishmael A Prophet? Simple Question For Muslims - Islam for Muslims (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Was Ishmael A Prophet? Simple Question For Muslims (10728 Views)

Some Deeds Not Meant For Muslims 2 / Some Deeds Not Meant For Muslims / An Honest Survey For Muslims. Take Your Time To Think And Then Respond. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Was Ishmael A Prophet? Simple Question For Muslims by Rilwon: 3:59pm On Oct 01, 2015
malvisguy212:
the bible never mention Isaac as a prophet ,

Okay. I agree with you. Please help me read your bible and list 20prophets mentioned in it.

google is not a scripture,

Okay. I agree with you. Can you please use that scripture to cite atleast 20 prophets in it?

if I paste articles from google which exposed the dark side of muhammed, will you believe it ?

This is totally offpoint. I see no reason why you should be shying away from my simple question. If can't answer it, simply say, I DON'T KNOW. is it hard??

dammit!

1 Like

Re: Was Ishmael A Prophet? Simple Question For Muslims by Rilwon: 4:06pm On Oct 01, 2015
mubarakopeyemi:

Stop perambulating.
Your God:
-actually hates Esau. Thanks grin I thought you said he is loving. Where the hate he has for esau builds from, I don't know. grin First Bullet on your foot.

Apply this same logic when talkin about Allah. Allah is Gafuur (the forgiving) Raheem (The merciful)
From your explanations above, it is very clear that you're an hypocrite.
This same logic u used in defending Yahweh, use it in the other instance stop being an hypocrite.
Remember when I quoted. Quran 1:1.-- In the name of Allah the Gracious, the Merciful. You said How can i believe Allah is gracious to infidels with his statements as I have cited earlier? that i need a lot of explaining to convince right-thinking persons.

Quran 40:1-3
1. Ha-Mim.
2. The revelation of the Book (this Qur'an) is from Allah the All-Mighty, the All-Knower.
3. The Forgiver of sin, the Acceptor of repentance, the Severe in punishment, the Bestower (of favours), La ilaha illa Huwa (none has the right to be worshipped but He), to Him is the final return.

Allah will forgive disbelievers if the repent and desist from evil. Allah's legacy and evil people or disbelievers or wrongdoers are not the same. evil and good aint the same. Good definitely will not like evil.

You haven't seen that part of the bible before if you have you wouldn't have said Yahweh is all loving. He hates evil people and wicked people.
Your God:
-is not pleased with wickedness; evil people are not welcome. grin Second Bullet on your foot.

Refer to what I said above. grin Third bullet on your foot.

I love this part because
1- you proved that something said in the bible was not directly said by God grin Thanks for acknowledging that that bible as a whole can never be the word of God. Historians Prophets and Individuals have their episodes in it too. You even made it clear that he was just a king and not a prophet . Cool grin the words of a king who is not a prophet in the supposed book of God cool It is allowed.

2- You actually accepted that Yahweh hates the bloodthirsty and the deceitful and that all liars shall be destroyed in the lake of fire cry cry another Bazooka to your foot grin

Yahweh love Yahweh love. Shiior

Thanks for shooting yourself in the foot several times. Na oversabi dey cos am grin

Your God:
-actually hates Esau
-is not pleased with wickedness; evil people are not welcome
-The arrogant cannot stand in his presence. He hates all who do wrong;
-He destroy those who tell lies. The bloodthirsty and deceitful you, Lord, detest.
-will destroyed all liers in the lake of fire.

Before u accuse and speak ill of others look at your feet and see whether or not it is neat.

You brought up verses in the Quran showing Allah (swt) does not love those who disbelieve in Allah, those who are unjust, etc... We both agree on this point as the verses explicitly states. Allah (swt) extends his love to everyone, and only those who cast aside Gods love are those who God does not love. So rather, God loves everyone, except those who decide to dismiss or reject his love. Satan would be the perfect example. God extended his love for satan when he was in heaven with the angels, but when Satan challenged and disobeyed God did God not love Satan. Another quick point I had to make is that even the bible shows that God did not love everyone. Romans 9:13, Psalms 5, etc... are good examples which I had shown to u.

PLEASE ANY OTHER ARGUEMENT?? U Shot yourself already.
Thnks cool

Wow! What a grandiloquence smackdown. Truthman's back must have been broken by this reply. Nice one bro.

1 Like

Re: Was Ishmael A Prophet? Simple Question For Muslims by mubarakopeyemi(m): 4:50pm On Oct 01, 2015
Rilwon:

Wow! What a grandiloquence smackdown. Truthman's back must have been broken by this reply. Nice one bro.

He actually digressed from it lol go and see his reply grin

1 Like

Re: Was Ishmael A Prophet? Simple Question For Muslims by Rilwon: 5:13pm On Oct 01, 2015
truthman2012:

Why are you shooting all the way? Why is islam all about shooting, beheading and bombing?

Your bullet cannot hit me, am covered with the blood of Jesus.

I am not expecting anything less from you. No deity can be more wicked than allahh and his sole prophet, Muhammad. He all his life as a muslim was warring, killing innocent souls he termed infidel after Jesus had stopped killings. Muhammad would sleep with the infidels' wives before their husbands before he would kill them(husbands).

He became stupendously rich looting infidels properties:

https://www.nairaland.com/2328538/omg-muhammad-men-super-rich

There was no type of sexual sins he didn't commit. Smh!!

grin grin LWKMD
Re: Was Ishmael A Prophet? Simple Question For Muslims by mubarakopeyemi(m): 5:30pm On Oct 01, 2015
Rilwon:

grin grin LWKMD

same here grin

1 Like

Re: Was Ishmael A Prophet? Simple Question For Muslims by truthman2012(m): 7:12pm On Oct 01, 2015
myproperty:

You don't seem to know how prophetic Ishmael is:
Ishmael is the origin of the Arab race, Islam was named after Ishmael that is why the biblical prophecy in Genesis 16:12( he shall be a wild man; his hand will be against every man, every man's hand against him; and he shall dwell in the presence of all his brethren) is fulfilled in the life of muslims. So when you see muslims kill human beings know ye that it is the fulfilment of a biblical prophecy on muslims true Ishmael/Islam.

You are right bro.

A wild man who gave birth to wild Muhammad.
Re: Was Ishmael A Prophet? Simple Question For Muslims by IAYUSUF: 7:12am On Nov 29, 2015
truthman2012:
Say ye: “We believe in Allah, and
the revelation given to us, and to
Abraham, Isma’il, Isaac, Jacob,
and the Tribes, and that given to
Moses and Jesus, and that given to
(all) prophets from their Lord: We
make no difference between one
and another of them: And we bow
to Allah (in Islam).” Qur’an 2:136.

What was the revelations given to Ishmael that qualified him to be a prophet?

Firstly you notice a distinction from those who were given books and those who weren't in the verse above.

To the question.
Abraham was eighty six years old when Ishmael was born (Genesis 16:16). When Abraham reached ninety-nine years of age, Ishmael was thirteen years old and remained the only son of Abraham. Now, God promises to establish his covenant with all of Abraham's "seed" without exception:
"And I will establish my covenant between me and thee and thy seed after thee in their generations for an everlasting covenant, to be a God unto thee, and to thy seed after thee. And I will give unto thee, and to thy seed after thee, the land wherein thou art a stranger, all the land of Canaan, for an everlasting possession; and I will be their God.."
Genesis 17:7-8.

God now informs Abraham that his covenant shall be given through circumcision, so Abraham immediately circumcises himself and Ishmael, the father of the Arabs (Genesis 17:23), thus establishing God's covenant with Ishmael.

To this day, all Muslims practice circumcision. The "sign and seal" (Romans 4:11) of the Abrahamic covenant.

And if you want a clear verse from the Bible that state a prophet. Were was Isaac called a prophet directly.
Re: Was Ishmael A Prophet? Simple Question For Muslims by IAYUSUF: 7:18am On Nov 29, 2015
The correct translation of GENESIS 16:10 –12 is seen in the earliest translation to Greek. The Septuagint translation

"You shall bear a son and call his name Ishmael . . . He shall be a countryman, his hands on all, and the hands of all on him, and he shall dwell in the presence of all his brethren."

“he will be a countryman” (i.e. a rustic living in the wilderness) is obviously from a Vorlage reading arb “country, forest, prairie” (BDB 141; Jastrow 188–189) for the MT arp.3 The Greek text made the land wild rather than Ishmael.
Excerpt from the book CLARIFYING BAFFLING BIBLICAL PASSAGES CHAPTER THREE “ISHMAEL: A PEACE MAKER GENESIS 16:10 –12” by a scholar Thomas F. McDaniel, Ph.D.
Re: Was Ishmael A Prophet? Simple Question For Muslims by IAYUSUF: 7:23am On Nov 29, 2015
IAYUSUF:
The correct translation of GENESIS 16:10 –12 is seen in the earliest translation to Greek. The Septuagint translation

"You shall bear a son and call his name Ishmael . . . He shall be a countryman, his hands on all, and the hands of all on him, and he shall dwell in the presence of all his brethren."

“he will be a countryman” (i.e. a rustic living in the wilderness) is obviously from a Vorlage reading arb “country, forest, prairie” (BDB 141; Jastrow 188–189) for the MT arp.3 The Greek text made the land wild rather than Ishmael.
Excerpt from the book CLARIFYING BAFFLING BIBLICAL PASSAGES CHAPTER THREE “ISHMAEL: A PEACE MAKER GENESIS 16:10 –12” by a scholar Thomas F. McDaniel, Ph.D.
This is written to show the biased attitude in translating the Bible.
Re: Was Ishmael A Prophet? Simple Question For Muslims by IAYUSUF: 7:36am On Nov 29, 2015
truthman2012:

Trash!!!

You have no place to hide.

Is quran 19:55 the revelation allahh claimed he gave to Ishmael?

Was it Ishmael allahh spoke to in that verse or Muhammad?

Now look at this:

[Quran 19:54 Pickthal] And make mention in the Scripture of Ishmael. Lo! he was a keeper of his promise, and he was a messenger (of Allah), a prophet.

Where is the SCRIPTURE OF ISHMAEL that contains the revelations given to him?

You are hereby proved wrong that quran 19:55 is the revelation given to Ishmael.

That's not a correct translation of the verse. Pickthal translation is wrong there. The correct translation is.

"And mention in the Book (the Qur'ân) Ismâ'il (Ishmael). Verily! He was true to what he promised, and he was a Messenger, (and) a Prophet."

SAHIH INTERNATIONAL
And mention in the Book, Ishmael. Indeed, he was true to his promise, and he was a messenger and a prophet

Yusuf Ali : Also mention in the Book (the story of) Ismail: He was (strictly) true to what he promised and he was an apostle (and) a prophet.

Asad : AND CALL to mind, through this divine writ, Ishmael.39 Behold, he was always true to his promise, and was an apostle [of God], a prophet,

Malik : Also relate to them the story of Isma`il in the Book; he was a man of his word and was a Rasool, a Prophet.

You choose one and forget others. This disprove your whole claim

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Prophet Muhammad (allah's Peace & Blessings Be Upon Him) Is Light / Ruling On Racism And Tribalism / Proof The Qur'an's Never Been Changed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.