Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,325 members, 7,780,808 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 10:54 PM

New Ministers: Buhari Will Not Keep His Promise - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / New Ministers: Buhari Will Not Keep His Promise (1274 Views)

Man Fulfills His Promise, Pours Water On Floor And Drinks On Buhari's Arrival / 7 Ministers Buhari May Sack Soon / “I Don’t Know Why People Are Anxious For Ministers” – Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

New Ministers: Buhari Will Not Keep His Promise by cuteboy2: 2:01am On Sep 28, 2015
In the heat of public pressure for President Buhari to form his cabinet, he promised the nation few months ago that he will announce his ministers and formally constitute his cabinet in September, 2015. He repeated that promise many times.

Today is 28th September, barely 48 hours to the end of September. Will President Buhari be able to announce and get all his Ministerial nominees screened and approved by the National Assembly before 30th Sept?

With the Current turmoil in the upper chamber over Senate Saraki's seat, and with most National Assembly members in Saudi Arabia for the Hajj, it is almost certain, the list will not be approved by National Assembly before Wednesday, 30th, even if the Buhari transmits the list to them on Monday, 28th Sept.

Why is the President always leaving things till the last hour, or in many cases blatantly breaking his solemn promise to the nation?
This attitude of taking his promises lightly is not helping his credibility at all.

1 Like

Re: New Ministers: Buhari Will Not Keep His Promise by ephemm(m): 2:09am On Sep 28, 2015
this OP na Prophet of doom

2 Likes

Re: New Ministers: Buhari Will Not Keep His Promise by christinie(f): 3:54am On Sep 28, 2015
Op you are a realistic man. God bless you.

2 Likes

Re: New Ministers: Buhari Will Not Keep His Promise by cuteboy2: 8:41am On Sep 28, 2015
ephemm:
this OP na Prophet of doom

I am sincerely praying that Mr President will prove me and millions of concerned Nigerians wrong.
Nigerians voted Buhari into office primarily based on one key credential: Honesty & Integrity

It is one currency President Buhari cannot afford to fritter away.

The primary election promise of his election campaign was to clean the augean stable in conduct of government business and to rid Nigeria of corruption. The bedrock of all corrupt practises, nepotism (which nobody talks about these days), favouritism, and stealing of public funds (in whatever guise) is dishonesty. Hence, if Buhari builds the foundation of his administration and war against corruption on deception and lies, he would have lost the battle before it even commences.
Re: New Ministers: Buhari Will Not Keep His Promise by slimfit1(m): 8:46am On Sep 28, 2015
We are going to wait until he is ready their is no saint left in Nigeria including me. He is very careful not to make the wrong decision.

1 Like

Re: New Ministers: Buhari Will Not Keep His Promise by macolino(m): 8:52am On Sep 28, 2015
Less than 48hours to end sept,still no list out..Baba will be disgraced soon.
Re: New Ministers: Buhari Will Not Keep His Promise by sdindan: 8:56am On Sep 28, 2015
Buhari will go Jonathan's way
His advisers and supporters are deceiving him
Re: New Ministers: Buhari Will Not Keep His Promise by Demmocrats(m): 8:56am On Sep 28, 2015
Re: New Ministers: Buhari Will Not Keep His Promise by Nobody: 9:09am On Sep 28, 2015
What's a few more days?
Re: New Ministers: Buhari Will Not Keep His Promise by cuteboy2: 9:42am On Sep 28, 2015
slimfit1:
We are going to wait until he is ready their is no saint left in Nigeria including me. He is very careful not to make the wrong decision.

Are you really serious about the bolded text

Please speak for yourself.

And if I may ask a very troubling question: Is President Buhari himself, strictly speaking, a saint?

Let's kick off governance and get this country working, rather than this red-herring of looking for saints or angels as ministers.
Ministers will be only about 36. Where will he get the over 1000 individuals who will serve as members and chairmen of MDAs, governing council of higher institutions and ambassadors?

Buhari should do the vetting and screening that is within his capability, and information available to DSS and then proceed to appoint them. If anyone is later found wanting, either due to past misdeeds, or corrupt actions while in office, they should be prosecuted. That is what the laws of the land are meant for.

There is no way we are going to wait until he is ready. What if he is not ready by 2019, will the nation be kept on-hold while waiting for him to make up his mind?

Conversely, what if he wakes up tomorrow to announce to the nation that after diligent search, he cannot find one clean Nigerian to run a ministry or parastatal, will he then rule as a dictator?
Re: New Ministers: Buhari Will Not Keep His Promise by suxkill: 9:58am On Sep 28, 2015
2 days to go,else PMB brain needs to be reformatted!!!
Re: New Ministers: Buhari Will Not Keep His Promise by cuteboy2: 10:48am On Sep 28, 2015
Baba time is running out .......

Do something.

Re: New Ministers: Buhari Will Not Keep His Promise by cuteboy2: 7:18pm On Sep 30, 2015
I said since Monday, 28th Sept....... Nigerians will not see that list of "noise makers", sorry "holy ministers" in September 2015.

It is about 5 hours to midnight of 30th Sept, and all we see is one brown envelope, which for all we care could be and empty envelope being given to Saraki.

If that list was actually in side the envelope, why did Saraki refuse to read the letter on the floor as has been the custom

Why all these photo tricks

Re: New Ministers: Buhari Will Not Keep His Promise by cuteboy2: 7:42pm On Sep 30, 2015
Choi!!!
So it has come to this

We have to keep vigil to wait for the list of Ministerial "Noise Makers" .

Isorrite. Is-hokay sad

Lemme go and look for kerosene for my lantern. We no get light for my area

According to Femi Adesina, the president’s Special Adviser (Media and Publicity) in a chat with Daily Independent on Wednesday, the September deadline given by the president stands, as it not midnight yet.

He said: ”Yes, I agree that today is the last day of September and the President promised to make the list available in September. But there is no cause for alarm since the day is not yet over. September will come to and by 11:59pm.”

Meanwhile, the Senate President, Bukola Saraki, has said that he has received the list from the Nigerian president, but it is unsure if the list would be made public tonight.

Sahara Reporters also tweeted that the Nigerian president and his chief of staff were meeting over the list.

SOURCE: http://www.apexnewsblog.com/2015/09/breaking-ministerial-list-will-be.html
Re: New Ministers: Buhari Will Not Keep His Promise by cuteboy2: 5:34pm On Oct 06, 2015
LIST OF MINISTERS FINALLY READ TODAY, 6th October 2015!!!!

HIP! HIP!! HIP!!! HURRAY!!!!!

So indeed, Mr President really did not keep his promise, of September, 2015.
As of today, even though we now have the list, we are not sure they will all be confirmed by the National Assembly.

The nation still has some more time to wait ........

(1) (Reply)

Hidden Facts About The Yoruba People That You Don't Know. / Yoruba Have Made More Sacrifices For Nigeria's Survival / Governor Ayade Of Cross River Sends Names Of Commissioner Nominees To HA

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.