Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,381 members, 7,808,357 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:48 AM

#60,000 Salary Job Or Masters Degree? Please Advise Me - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / #60,000 Salary Job Or Masters Degree? Please Advise Me (29413 Views)

"N300k Job Or I Won't Work" - Slay Queen, Chinny Okekki (Photos) / Masters Degree Holder Hunts For Job On The Street (Photo) / 120,000NAIRA Salary Job With A Private Firm Or Salary Below 100,000 With FCSC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: #60,000 Salary Job Or Masters Degree? Please Advise Me by sexaddict08(m): 10:13am On Sep 28, 2015
brightballer:
I just got a job of 60k where I will resume next month. I had concluded plans for my MSc and had already collected forms from two schools. What should I do when I eventually got admitted? Please your sincere suggestions and advice. Lalasticlala, davide470, uboma pls I need this urgently.

guy, go for ur masters joor for long term better job.
where are u base, let me keep myself busy with the job.

2 Likes

Re: #60,000 Salary Job Or Masters Degree? Please Advise Me by Nobody: 10:18am On Sep 28, 2015
Be very practical, MSc is a beautiful degree. Did mine in UK and I had the best of time, I learnt so much, tutored by experts in my field but sadly the reality is there are no jobs and to be honest Experience trumps MSc. My advice is take the job for now and start concrete plans on your MSc but make sure u do that MSc even if ur pay magically doubles don't discard the MSc plan. Saw Hell looking for a job even with d UK MSc degree. And u said the job is actually in your career path, Sweet.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: #60,000 Salary Job Or Masters Degree? Please Advise Me by Nobody: 10:18am On Sep 28, 2015
sexaddict08:

guy, go for ur masters joor for long term better job. where are u base, let me keep myself busy with the job.
chai. grin
Re: #60,000 Salary Job Or Masters Degree? Please Advise Me by slap1(m): 10:19am On Sep 28, 2015
Yomieluv:
go for the MSc,and give someone else the job,since you don't need it.

grin
Re: #60,000 Salary Job Or Masters Degree? Please Advise Me by oluala881: 10:23am On Sep 28, 2015
Masters pls
Re: #60,000 Salary Job Or Masters Degree? Please Advise Me by engrjacuzzi: 10:24am On Sep 28, 2015
get the job and think of masters later. I have friends who have masters n are still without job. some are even praying for #40.000 jobs to hussle with.
Re: #60,000 Salary Job Or Masters Degree? Please Advise Me by holysina(m): 10:24am On Sep 28, 2015
60,000 naira for a graduate, na waoo, naija which way, guy beter go for ur masters, that 60k cant pay ur bills, such jubs a setbak, b4 u knw it u have spent 5yrs earning 60k a month
Re: #60,000 Salary Job Or Masters Degree? Please Advise Me by loomer: 10:26am On Sep 28, 2015
60k na small money, but the truth be say ur masters no guarantee u pass 80k job for naija self
Re: #60,000 Salary Job Or Masters Degree? Please Advise Me by Nobody: 10:30am On Sep 28, 2015
As long as u're doing the Masters in the country,then I advise yhu take d job...60k isn't a small amount 4 a young man with no responsibilities...U could do a lot with it. Besides yhu already said ur parents 'll be sponsoring....Just see if yhu can run both concurrently.. d job and ur Msc...Make the most of it..The work experience is to ur advantage.

1 Like

Re: #60,000 Salary Job Or Masters Degree? Please Advise Me by Nobody: 10:32am On Sep 28, 2015
Durchess:
Came here 2 read comments. Am actually working wit a pay of 35k jz cos of ds experience thin. I intend 2 quit d job by dec and improve my computer skill , do a professional course nd probably learn a craft. Wat do u guys fink

Studied computer science?
Re: #60,000 Salary Job Or Masters Degree? Please Advise Me by RitzyPrince(m): 10:34am On Sep 28, 2015
The both is important in this phase of ur life now, but u gotta ask your self if 60K job is what you'll settle for? Or go acquire an MSc and hopefully get a better Job afterwards.... Ignore those saying Jobs are hard to come by, people are employed everyday, we all have different grace in life...search ur mind and segment between the two which u want and which you need and make your choice and stand firm on it. Only you can take this decision no one else.
Re: #60,000 Salary Job Or Masters Degree? Please Advise Me by crackhouse(m): 10:34am On Sep 28, 2015
Reski:
Take the job for a start. Appy for msc in a university that is located in your state of residence. I beleive you can work and also run your msc concurrently.
believe and not beleive. this is how you confuse people, Olodo.
Re: #60,000 Salary Job Or Masters Degree? Please Advise Me by 400billionman: 10:35am On Sep 28, 2015
ahabue111:
Pls go for ur Msc, 60k job isn't worth it. With ur Msc ur have a far better chance of getting a good job. It not easy not working I know but ur Msc is a small sacrifice to pay in order to get a better life. 60k job cannot take u anywhere really. U will have better jobs hv faith in that.

You lack experience. Sorry..
Re: #60,000 Salary Job Or Masters Degree? Please Advise Me by farihafaheemah(m): 10:35am On Sep 28, 2015
It is better you take up the job. In Nigeria nowadays to get desired job is not easy. Since the job is in line wt ur area of discipline, you better pick it up and have experience. Later you can go for ur master
Pls think deep and pray over it
Re: #60,000 Salary Job Or Masters Degree? Please Advise Me by Samtexboily(m): 10:39am On Sep 28, 2015
nah msc sure pass o
Re: #60,000 Salary Job Or Masters Degree? Please Advise Me by farihafaheemah(m): 10:41am On Sep 28, 2015
holysina:
60,000 naira for a graduate, na waoo, naija which way, guy beter go for ur masters, that 60k cant pay ur bills, such jubs a setbak, b4 u knw it u have spent 5yrs earning 60k a month
. If you had experience of job hunting, you wouldn't have advised him to neglect the offer, there are thousands of MSC holder on the street without job. MSC does not guarantee employment.
Re: #60,000 Salary Job Or Masters Degree? Please Advise Me by Nobody: 10:41am On Sep 28, 2015
Combine your job with the Masters degree program. You can change the mode of the study to part-time.
Re: #60,000 Salary Job Or Masters Degree? Please Advise Me by ehiwarior: 10:41am On Sep 28, 2015
bro experience matters alot...what about getting the whole cert and u dont know what to offer..brother u don turn coconut without water
Re: #60,000 Salary Job Or Masters Degree? Please Advise Me by uzo4real(m): 10:47am On Sep 28, 2015
Attimes work experience has an Edge ova M.S.C sha
Re: #60,000 Salary Job Or Masters Degree? Please Advise Me by Ediss(m): 10:47am On Sep 28, 2015
ahabue111:
Pls go for ur Msc, 60k job isn't worth it. With ur Msc ur have a far better chance of getting a good job. It not easy not working I know but ur Msc is a small sacrifice to pay in order to get a better life. 60k job cannot take u anywhere really. U will have better jobs hv faith in that.
quote me you lie. Go for the job.you know how many people have master's degree and still begging for for that amount job?. I have a master's degree holder that is our canboy were I work. For officers you know what I mean my canboy. No matter how small that money will help u. And for experience you have gotten one with that job. No offense please.
Re: #60,000 Salary Job Or Masters Degree? Please Advise Me by mpowa(m): 10:53am On Sep 28, 2015
ahabue111:

Even Phd holders are looking for Jobs this days, you go for Job interview and you see all kinds of certificates that will threaten you, end of the day, it may be a B.sc holder that will get the Job.

He should go for the Job and then do his masters Part-time. He gets experience at work and also opportunities of opening for better and higher Jobs.
Re: #60,000 Salary Job Or Masters Degree? Please Advise Me by pawesome(m): 10:53am On Sep 28, 2015
Both
Re: #60,000 Salary Job Or Masters Degree? Please Advise Me by bodee(m): 10:55am On Sep 28, 2015
deanoffaculty:
@OP......do you have any Job waiting for you after your Msc? I will just advice you to grab the opportunity at hand and it will eventually open up better opportunities for you and exposure. Most companies these days are looking for your work experience and not always the certificate you have. What if you have your Msc and no work experience. Start with the 60k job offer and don't despise the days of little beginning. 60k is a just a start up salary, the company can increase it later and you can apply for study leave later in the company......depending on the type of company and what they do. Also consider your age, the competition to get job opportunity these days and where you are going in life. Even the Msc you are going for......do you have any sponsor? if yes, you can go for it: if no, think twice and plan your life very well cos responsibilities will soon be knocking at your door . Work,earn and have experience. Hundreds of MSC holders are roaming about the street too. You can still plan for your Msc next year....it's never too late and DEM NO DEY CATCH LATE COMER! It all depends on your choice.
Ultimately, pray and ask God for direction and don't see Msc as a safe Haven for you to get Job. I pray that every step you take shall lead you greater heights IJN.
Cheers!!!
Amen and me too. I am the 10th person that liked your post,

1 Like

Re: #60,000 Salary Job Or Masters Degree? Please Advise Me by roughdiamond(m): 10:58am On Sep 28, 2015
Op from your write up,it's like you are a fresh graduate and has attended few job aptitude tests&interview.Grab that job like the speed of light&plan for your Msc later.
As for me I am even looking for a place I will work without payment provided the work is challenging.I have an HND in Computer Engineering 08172940921
Re: #60,000 Salary Job Or Masters Degree? Please Advise Me by jibzy90(m): 11:00am On Sep 28, 2015
Experience over certificate.....Anyday Anytime, I would suggest you go for experience.
Re: #60,000 Salary Job Or Masters Degree? Please Advise Me by Lopezway: 11:01am On Sep 28, 2015
Rumpelstiltskin:
Is it a job that will provide opportunity for advancement? Do you have a passion for the job you're being offered? If you eventually get admitted, can you 'conveniently' finance your Master programme?

The decision is up to you to make. Just remember that the master degree programme will always be open to you but the job may not, considering the current situation of the country. A bird at hand is worth fifty in the bush.
Wish you the best in your endeavours!
Re: #60,000 Salary Job Or Masters Degree? Please Advise Me by vanvick247(m): 11:02am On Sep 28, 2015
sexaddict08:

guy, go for ur masters joor for long term better job.
where are u base, let me keep myself busy with the job.

Hahahahahahaha. Nice reply, Mesef I need keep mysef busy with dis ur job o!!
Re: #60,000 Salary Job Or Masters Degree? Please Advise Me by pucci(m): 11:03am On Sep 28, 2015
Remember sometime ago dangote was serching for graduate drivers, Dude PhD holders were there. Dude I have a masters too but was a teacher in a private school that payed just 20k. It was the experience I got after my Beng that got me my present job in a maritme company. My advice go for the job and at the same time run ur masters.
But if u feel masters holders get better jobs NA joke u dey.
Re: #60,000 Salary Job Or Masters Degree? Please Advise Me by Nobody: 11:04am On Sep 28, 2015
ahabue111:

Its your first degree that gets you your first job not the masters degree, accumulate work experience and not worthless degrees, if you like do phd, you will get the same level of pay as a first degree holder, get knowledge and practical experience.
not degree.

Most of the lecturers in our schools have never worked before, they only have knowledge they acquired 20-35 yrs ago and its all outdated crap. cool

1 Like

Re: #60,000 Salary Job Or Masters Degree? Please Advise Me by opad22u: 11:06am On Sep 28, 2015
People think more certificates equals more money , but in the real world its not always so.

2 Likes

Re: #60,000 Salary Job Or Masters Degree? Please Advise Me by Originalsly: 11:06am On Sep 28, 2015
Take the job. Your present situation is like one retiring from a job because he collected visa application form. You have not even applied for the programme as yet....let alone being accepted by the University and you are considering dashing the job offer. Is N60k the salary for life?...or the starting salary?...is there room to climb the ladder in the company? With the present lack of job opportunities it is better you get your foot in the door of the company and move up later while at the same time you can find a way to also do your Masters. Do you have a source of income to sustain you for the Masters? At least take the job now and reconsider when you get admission to the university.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Job Opportunities At Stanel Group: Awka, Jos & Suleja- PICTURES / N-power Latest News And Updates / Nestlé CWAR Graduate Trainee Programme 2022

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.