Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,593 members, 7,801,702 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 08:46 PM

Those Calling For Saraki’s Resignation Are Enemies Of Democracy – Babatope - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Those Calling For Saraki’s Resignation Are Enemies Of Democracy – Babatope (14084 Views)

Afenifere, Okogie, Babatope, Others Reply Oyegun: "Buhari Will Lose 2019 If... / Nigeria Senators Squabble Over Call For Saraki’s Resignation / Those Calling For Saraki’s Resignation Are Myopic, Ignorant – APC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Those Calling For Saraki’s Resignation Are Enemies Of Democracy – Babatope by kazmanbanjoko(m): 11:24am On Sep 28, 2015
Former Minister of Transport, Chief Ebenezer Babatope on Sunday said the some leaders of the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC) are assaulting democracy over their relentless attacks on Senate President, Dr. Bukola Saraki.
While calling on Saraki not to resign, he said the PDP Senators in the National Assembly will stand up for what is right and will not allow the Senate President to suffer humiliation in the hands of APC.
The Office of the Attorney General of the Federation is prosecuting Saraki for alleged false declaration of his assets at the Code of Conduct Bureau.
The former Kwara state governor had, last Tuesday, stepped into the dock at the Code of Conduct Tribunal in Abuja, where he was arraigned for false assets declaration charges. He pleaded not guilty to all the 13 charges slammed on him by the CCB and his trial has been scheduled to hold on October 21, 22 and 23.
Speaking against the backdrop of calls for Saraki’s resignation, Babatope, a member of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) Board of Trustees said those plotting the downfall of Saraki will have themselves to blame at the end of the day.
“I don’t believe that Saraki should resign and those calling for his resignation are enemies of democracy. I don’t think that these APC people should assault democracy by all these senseless attack on Saraki just because he won the Senate presidency. Why are they doing that?”
“ I strongly believe that it is they who will lose at the end, not Saraki. Even if Saraki is forced to resign by these trumped up charges against him, I believe that he will still enjoy the confidence and support of the people”.
“He won the election as a result of the stupid action of the APC themselves. How can you have an important event in the Senate, the day the Senate president will be elected, and you went to hold a meeting, saying you are expecting President Buhari? And since that time, they have been giving Saraki hell. Those rooting for his removal hate progress, unity and development of Nigeria”.
“ So, Saraki should not resign. If they like let them go and kick him out but they will have themselves to blame at the end of the day. I believe the PDP senators will never allow Saraki to be humiliated by his party the APC” he said.

http://dailyindependentnig.com/2015/09/those-calling-for-sarakis-resignation-are-enemies-of-democracy-babatope/

cc: lalasticlala

5 Likes

Re: Those Calling For Saraki’s Resignation Are Enemies Of Democracy – Babatope by Unsad(m): 11:26am On Sep 28, 2015
Goan brush your teeth first before I can take you serious

44 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Those Calling For Saraki’s Resignation Are Enemies Of Democracy – Babatope by Nobody: 11:27am On Sep 28, 2015
ok
Re: Those Calling For Saraki’s Resignation Are Enemies Of Democracy – Babatope by sltn(m): 11:27am On Sep 28, 2015
himself nkor!
Unsad:
himself nkor!

so atlast na you chop that spot abi.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Those Calling For Saraki’s Resignation Are Enemies Of Democracy – Babatope by OVI75(m): 11:28am On Sep 28, 2015
Seconded and thirded.Those islamic propagating Apc mofos who like the snakes have put themselves into strong voices in all strata of Nigeria only mean well for themselves and maintaining the core northern hegemony.make i hear say na patriotism.broomwaving demons shall continue to wallow in disarray.

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Those Calling For Saraki’s Resignation Are Enemies Of Democracy – Babatope by DaBullIT(m): 11:28am On Sep 28, 2015
beneficiaries

1 Like

Re: Those Calling For Saraki’s Resignation Are Enemies Of Democracy – Babatope by hob(m): 11:30am On Sep 28, 2015
Enemies kooor<

Friends Niiiii

Sharaap there

11 Likes

Re: Those Calling For Saraki’s Resignation Are Enemies Of Democracy – Babatope by Ezenwammadu(m): 11:30am On Sep 28, 2015
Those idiits forget section 36(5) of the constitution states that Every person who is charged with a criminal offence shall be presumed to be innocent until he is proven guilty

32 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Those Calling For Saraki’s Resignation Are Enemies Of Democracy – Babatope by Bobbystanley(m): 11:32am On Sep 28, 2015
I think Babatope Is one of the corrupt men that kept this country in the mud. They are supporting one of their own.

16 Likes

Re: Those Calling For Saraki’s Resignation Are Enemies Of Democracy – Babatope by Bobbystanley(m): 11:34am On Sep 28, 2015
Ezenwammadu:
Those idiits forget Innocent till proven guilty

Saraki Is guilty.

BTW which Nigerian politician Is not guilty of the same crime Saraki was accused of?

He Is just being a scape goat.
I'm not an APC supporter for your information.

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Those Calling For Saraki’s Resignation Are Enemies Of Democracy – Babatope by Ezenwammadu(m): 11:37am On Sep 28, 2015
Bobbystanley:

Saraki Is guilty.

BTW which Nigerian politician Is not guilty of the same crime Saraki was accused of?

He Is just being a scape goat.
I'm not an APC supporter for your information.
Tell me which competent court of law has pronounced him guilty

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Those Calling For Saraki’s Resignation Are Enemies Of Democracy – Babatope by seunmsg(m): 11:41am On Sep 28, 2015
Babatope and his fellow gangs of shameless PDP members should shut the fvck up. I really don't understand why PDP members are falling over each other to defend Saraki. It's now a competition of who can shout the most among them in the effort to defend an alleged criminal. I wonder how much they've been paid that makes them to shamelessly defend someone who betrayed their party.

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Those Calling For Saraki’s Resignation Are Enemies Of Democracy – Babatope by free2ryhme: 11:49am On Sep 28, 2015
Yes let them be the enemy not only of democracy but of our beloved country-Nigeria based on the facts before all Nigerians. These individuals are the very first enemy of this country. They have mortgaged the destinies of so many Nigerians.

Even fools in Nigerian politics since 1979 knew Saraki family mortgaged the destiny of the entire Kwara State.

Let anyone says whatever they like, Justice will surely prevailed.

9 Likes

Re: Those Calling For Saraki’s Resignation Are Enemies Of Democracy – Babatope by free2ryhme: 11:50am On Sep 28, 2015
undecided
Re: Those Calling For Saraki’s Resignation Are Enemies Of Democracy – Babatope by Sijo01(f): 11:50am On Sep 28, 2015
If their oga at the top (Buhari) can assault democracy by not appointing Ministers after over 4months in office, what stop his follower from assaulting democracy also

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Those Calling For Saraki’s Resignation Are Enemies Of Democracy – Babatope by damton(m): 11:50am On Sep 28, 2015
Birds of same feathers flick together
Re: Those Calling For Saraki’s Resignation Are Enemies Of Democracy – Babatope by Icecomrade: 11:50am On Sep 28, 2015
Yes
Re: Those Calling For Saraki’s Resignation Are Enemies Of Democracy – Babatope by omusiliyu(m): 11:50am On Sep 28, 2015
What do you expect from corrupt PDP man.

One of the said "ordinary stealing people will still say it's corruption".

2 Likes

Re: Those Calling For Saraki’s Resignation Are Enemies Of Democracy – Babatope by ruggedboy01: 11:50am On Sep 28, 2015
grin cheesy
Re: Those Calling For Saraki’s Resignation Are Enemies Of Democracy – Babatope by Ezenwammadu(m): 11:51am On Sep 28, 2015
seunmsg:
Babatope and his fellow gangs of shameless PDP members should shut the fvck up. I really don't understand why PDP members are falling over each other to defend Saraki. It's now a competition of who can shout the most among them in the effort to defend an alleged criminal. I wonder how much they've been paid that makes them to shamelessly defend someone who betrayed their party.
Mr man didn't APC know saraki was a thief before they welcome him with fanfare and gave him their ticket

21 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Those Calling For Saraki’s Resignation Are Enemies Of Democracy – Babatope by Chiaka(f): 11:51am On Sep 28, 2015
He is on point!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Those Calling For Saraki’s Resignation Are Enemies Of Democracy – Babatope by Icecomrade: 11:51am On Sep 28, 2015
Bobbystanley:
I think Babatope Is one of the corrupt men that kept this country in the mud. They are supporting one of their own.

Cheap mind. That's what u are

1 Like

Re: Those Calling For Saraki’s Resignation Are Enemies Of Democracy – Babatope by wasco24: 11:52am On Sep 28, 2015
angry
Re: Those Calling For Saraki’s Resignation Are Enemies Of Democracy – Babatope by Soskid(m): 11:52am On Sep 28, 2015
Those who want Saraki to remain as senate president are enemies of this country.... They are the people whose body language supports corruption. Awon ole oniranu

9 Likes

Re: Those Calling For Saraki’s Resignation Are Enemies Of Democracy – Babatope by Nobody: 11:52am On Sep 28, 2015
Buhari should speed up these corruption trials. Ebenezer Babtope should be busy clearing himself in court not walking free and making comments.

Some of these emirs/Obas/Obis too should be made to answer at EFCC

General Overseas and Immams should not be spared

And APC should not forget some of its cheiftains too

That's the change we voted for

5 Likes

Re: Those Calling For Saraki’s Resignation Are Enemies Of Democracy – Babatope by femi1410(m): 11:53am On Sep 28, 2015
Whats the big Deal in stepping down, if not that he his pursuing his own interest which lead him to this in the first place.
I can still recall the Japanese prime minister saying he is going to resign just because of the High rate of old people in the country and low rate of child birth,
Or someplace in America, where the speaker is stepping down in Oct 30th at his own WILL
AND some idiot we all voted as Senators are saying they are in support of saraki, despite this ALLEGATIONS against him.
#onlyinnigeria
It is time for us the masses to speak up. BECAUSE IS DEMOCRACY IS ALL ABOUT THE PEOPLE IN THE FIRST PLACE
GOVT OF THE PEOPLE, BY THE PEOPLE AND FOR THE PEOPLE WILL NEVER AND EVER PERISH FROM THE EAETH

9 Likes

Re: Those Calling For Saraki’s Resignation Are Enemies Of Democracy – Babatope by donTbone(m): 11:54am On Sep 28, 2015
Didn't read the post... but judging from the Heading, I just have to conclude that Saraki must be your surname!

1 Like

Re: Those Calling For Saraki’s Resignation Are Enemies Of Democracy – Babatope by LastSurvivor: 11:54am On Sep 28, 2015
APC n Saraki is at the very bottom of my worries now, I have 8 course to write assignments on, 40 questions per course.. can u do the maths n see own headache
Re: Those Calling For Saraki’s Resignation Are Enemies Of Democracy – Babatope by philips70(m): 11:54am On Sep 28, 2015
The PDP is sinking deeper and deeper into the abyss of corruption. He has even pronounced Saraki non guilty. We shall see.

1 Like

Re: Those Calling For Saraki’s Resignation Are Enemies Of Democracy – Babatope by kazmanbanjoko(m): 11:54am On Sep 28, 2015
DaBullIT:
beneficiaries
yes, what are the evidences that saraki is guilty. Yu cant just arrest him without providing proof. He is still innocent until proven guilty.

1 Like

Re: Those Calling For Saraki’s Resignation Are Enemies Of Democracy – Babatope by anonimi: 11:55am On Sep 28, 2015
Unsad:

Your advice should be directed to Buhari's chaperon, the JagbaJantis of Bourdillon, not so

www.nairaland.com/attachments/1614168_tinubu_jpeg66ebe791f47cebda4a3ee9c41bc8fdfa

17 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

President Buhari Signs Executive Order Revoking All Fire Arms License. / Borno Bans Distribution Of Food To IDPs, To Close All IDP Camps In The State / Bandits Attack Jangebe, Mafara In Zamfara. Shoot Sporadically

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.