Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,480 members, 7,781,423 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 02:12 PM

Website Review: Www.rg - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Website Review: Www.rg (1313 Views)

Pls Review Www.ebusinessinfos.com / Help Review Www.9jaboys.com / Can You Please Review Www.ogbongeblog.com (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Website Review: Www.rg by obalola: 10:10pm On Oct 07, 2006
Hi Nairalanders!

Comments and advice are welcome.
Re: Website Review: Www.rg by my2cents(m): 1:28am On Oct 09, 2006
A quick 10-minute (all I could afford grin) review revealed the following to me:

Lack of captivating branding (as in logo)

Too much content thrown at me on home page

If you would like pple to log in, perhaps you should consider moving the login section higher up on the page

Site designed by "multi-servicesng.com" - when i clicked on it, it took me back to tprtp.org. When I tried to open it explicitly in another window, I got "page not found". Is this how you intend to advertise your company?

Again, this is just a quick 10-minute pass. My company could do a full-scale one for you (it would, like all things of quality in life, cost you cool) for you if you want.

Best Regards
Re: Website Review: Www.rg by alexis(m): 6:07pm On Oct 09, 2006
obalola,

The logo is poorly designed, have your guys get a pro graphic artist to work on it.

The text layout is not the best, it is too cluttered.

Figured out your developers used mambo or joomla framework to build your site. They should spend more time on the templating aspect, try and build your own module to control your layout, it will help. If you wish, I could do one for you for free but you will have to credit me on your website.

Check out a site I used mambo to build, it is for the Ghana Institute of management and public administration

www.gimpa.edu.gh - I built the structure, templating engine, graphics and taught their staffs to add content and manage the site.
Re: Website Review: Www.rg by evi(m): 11:41am On Oct 10, 2006
Hi,
I'd like to encourage you by saying I've seen worse sites out there, especially if you did it yourself.
Personally I like the clean look of the site.
My only complaints are similiar to the others listed so far:
[list]
[li]Firstly your welcome text is hidden in a small box on the right side of the page, whereas it should be the focus of the home page [/li]
[li]Yes indeed, your logo is letting you down, you'll need to get that sorted out. [/li]
[li]Also your publications page should show the list of publications immediately, there's no point having an empty page with just a link saying xx documents. Do you see my point?[/li]
[/list]

That's all for the moment.

Cheers

evi
Re: Website Review: Www.rg by obalola: 8:34pm On Oct 11, 2006
Thanks evi, my2cents and alexis for your advice and contributions

1. LOGO: yes the logo is not as attractive or captivating as it ought to, the design team is already working on producing as new logo for the organisation.

2 Content: The content on the home page will be reduce and the first page made simple.

3. Welcome: This will be moved to the center of the home page to make it the main focus.

4. Publications: This will also be made more accessible.

Thank you guys, you are appreciated.
Re: Website Review: Www.rg by alexis(m): 7:50pm On Oct 12, 2006
anytime

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Internet Entrepreneurs Meetup @ Four Points By Sheraton This Saturday! / How To Create A Shopping Cart Website Like Jumia,konga & Dealdey Free / 4 Very High Protein Foods For Healthy Life

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.