Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,324 members, 7,780,807 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 10:48 PM

Open Letter To Mr President - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Open Letter To Mr President (663 Views)

Open Letter To Mr. President From A University Graduate / An Open Letter To “Mr Ikemba” / Open Letter To Gays (and Their Sympathizers) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Open Letter To Mr President by Bellalight: 2:58pm On Sep 28, 2015
OPEN LETTER TO MR PRESIDENT

Sir,

I know this day that I shall in no wise regret my action of putting my pen to paper to you, Regardless of what you do or don’t do during your tenure as the Grand Commander of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, I will always admire you as a man who never got tired of trying, until he achieved his dream, you have my eternal respect for your drive and passion to serve a great nation like ours. Therefore I owe to you what every patriotic Nigerian owes, what everyone who has ever had a dream owes, and what everyone who desires change and the growth and development of this country owes and I will pay my debt by saying a big congratulation on your inauguration as the President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria and I wish you a most fruitful and fulfilling stay in office.
However I need you to know that I have anticipated your administration since you launched out your manifesto in 2003, and also declared your expectation and desire for a better Nigeria. I need to represent myself to with so many voices, I need to relate to you what I feel is the heart cry of the average Nigerian youth who seeks the advancement of this country.
Mr President, I must say that your manifesto and the clarion call for change has been of tremendous impact on the lives of Nigerians, I really do like the way people call for change and made it a slogan for living. Nevertheless, the Nigerian youth wants you to fulfill the promises made while campaigning for this office, we want you to help provide reliable jobs and reduce the rate of unemployment, we want security in all its forms. We want you to be our own Nelson Mandela to help secure our liberty from corruption which is a bondage, we want you to be our own Martin Luther King Jr. to bridge the dichotomy between the higher and the lower classes.
Sir, I will someday bring children into this world, into this country Nigeria and as much as I love this nation, I do not wish to have children now, this because I do not want them to undergo the same educational structure am going through now, I do not want my children to be schooled instead of being educated, I do not want them to cram their way through exams, just to get good grades and make me happy, I do not want them to be programmed like a robot, that only gives out what he was given, I want them to be able to process information and have their own perspective of things, I want them to learn to think and innovate so they can forge their own path in life, I do not want them to read only for the now and forget everything there is, at the beginning of a new semester,I do not want my children to be educated out of their talents and innate skills,, I want their teachers to see these talents and nurture them, they should not starve them to death, I want my children to be knowledgeable in the subject of life and not only in the subject of “school”, so they can grow up to be responsible individuals for this country.
Sir, I must say that I appreciate and respect your honesty as a person, I appreciate the fact that you declared your asset before assumption of office, I respect your track record of frowning at corruption. I, therefore, plead that you extend your heart for truth and accountability t o every nook and cranny of the Federal Republic, Let no man earn more than his monthly income, I say this because, I do not want my children to grow up into this society of bribery and corruption, where the rich get richer and the poor, poorer, a society where there is no equal distribution of wealth. An average youth thinks the only way out of poverty is by starting illegal businesses that even our society does not frown at any more “It is a normal thing" they say and anything contrary is abnormal. The so-called leaders of tomorrow now aspire to get into public offices so they can partake of the national cake . I want my children to grow in a world where they believe in equal opportunity for humanity, a world where selfishness is a disease that must be cured, a world where they won’t have to look down on anyone or segregate themselves as belonging to a particular sect, a world where they can hold hands with the sons and daughters of men in public offices and those of teachers, traders and civil servants, a world of love, of peace, of joy, equality and charity.
I wish to one day tell a story to my children saying once upon a time in this country we had epileptic power supply, when we had to do a lot of things because of fear of those that hold power might soon take it off, we feared when having a haircut so we don’t carry half-carved head all around, we feared when cooking on an electric cooker, so we don’t eat our foods half done, we pressed our clothes in fear, we quickly shut our eyes at night before “they” shut it for us, we did everything with the fear of NEPA will soon take off the light. Children NEPA later restructured and change its name to Power Holding Company of Nigeria (PHCN), we thought it was going to be better but they really answered to their names and held the power to themselves, but we now live in a Nigeria of 24hours stable power supply, all thanks to President Muhammadu Buhari’s administration.
There is a popular saying that united we stand and divided we fall, the latter epitomizes the true condition of this great nation, we have become our own worst enemy, we know we have individual and cultural differences, but we are not willing to trade that for anything, we are not willing to make any compromise at all . I believe in a world of absolute peace, unity and freedom, though some sociologist would say that “Nigeria is a mistake of 1914” because of the amalgamation of people of different tribes, culture, background,language and beliefs but I want you to help make “Nigeria a miracle of 1914” by helping to sort our individual and tribal differences, We can all agree and reach a common ground on issues that affect us, we can all agree to speak one language both within the country and abroad, we can all agree to rewrite the reputation of this nation, we can all agree to be a walking giant and not a sleeping one, we can all agree to make Nigeria the pride and giant of Africa, yes I believe, we can all agree.
A friend of mine once said that total security in this nation is a dream of the night and can never come true, but I disagree, I have faith in this country and I believe all dreams can come true, sir you are proof of that. Mr President, our Nigerian police force is not our friend anymore, they are now our extortioners, they don’t protect us anymore, they rather make money on us,but I know that this can be changed. Sir, I will soon be a youth corper and I believe I shouldn't be afraid of travelling to any state of this nation, yet I am scared of going to Borno State because of the “famous boko haram sect”, I am scared of travelling to those states where it is said that they kill and eat people as if they are animals. I am scared of going to those states where they will hate, criticize and segregate me because of my beliefs. I want to walk on federal roads without watching my back because I am assured of safety, I want total security and total peace for every Nigerian.
I once heard that Brazil is one of the world leading producers of cassava which we have too, and they process it into ten different products. Here in Nigeria, I came to meet us making only garri and fufu out of cassava, our trial on bread is still not generally accepted. Garri and fufu are the innovations of our ancestors We have not even improved on the processing it is still largely produced by the old crude method, despite the rapid change in science and technology. Sir, I do not want us to pass this to the next generation, cassava is just an example, all I am saying is that we go back to the industry that once and still blessing, enough of reliance on crude oil, it is high time we went back to agriculture, I believe it is the key to our nation building.
Finally, Mr president I make no claim that I perfectly understand the duties and responsibilities of the grand commander of the federal republic, neither am I trying to teach you your job, I will like if you take this as an expectation of a patriot, the desire of a Nigerian youth, the aspirations of a young graduate, the demands of your elector. Sir, I started this letter by acknowledging the fact that I owe you which I did pay, I will like if you take this as what you owe Nigerians and the people that voted for you, and I am confident of the fact that you will pay.
Thank you, sir.

Yours Faithfully,

Bella olanrewaju moyosore

(1) (Reply)

My Life / Funny Way Of How I Made My First Million / 30 Days Of Poetry Season 2, Day 4, I Will Look Nkechi In The Eyes (pix Inside)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.