Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,585 members, 7,809,120 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:59 PM

Nigeria Orbra Mobile Set To Launch Orbra Eve 2 To Challenge Tecno Phantom 5 - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Nigeria Orbra Mobile Set To Launch Orbra Eve 2 To Challenge Tecno Phantom 5 (1705 Views)

5 Reasons To Use The Nigeria Made Android Smartphone Orbra / Where Does Tecno Phantom 5 Stands Compared To Orbra Eve 2 / Three High Ends Smartphones To Be Dropped By A Nigeria Based Company Orbra (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria Orbra Mobile Set To Launch Orbra Eve 2 To Challenge Tecno Phantom 5 by TechLector: 3:12pm On Sep 28, 2015
Nigeria Orbra Mobile Set To Launch Orbra Eve 2 Smartphone With 3GB RAM & Fingerprint ID To Challenge Tecno Phantom 5

Orbra is another Nigerian smartphone manufacturer known for producing phones with higher specifications. Orbra is preparing to launch its first mouth-watering and high end smartphone named as Orbra Eve 2. The Orbra Eve 2 is qualified to be called a high-end phone because of its astonishing specs. Eve 2 will start appearing as of October 1, 2015 (Nigeria Independence Day).

Orbra Eve 2 is a 5.5-inch Android smartphone running on Android OS 5.1 Lollipop, comes with an Octa-Core clocking at 2.0GHz backed by a 3GB RAM and 16GB ROM, dual-SIM functionality, 4G LTE, a 13MP back camera + 5MP front facing camera with a mammoth battery capacity of 4165mAh.
Design and Display

This high end phone features a sleek design and a metallic framework. It looks rather slim, even though it is not that in reality, measuring approximately 9.2 millimetres in thickness. The Orbra Eve 2 has a decent weight of just 108g grams.

Orbra Eve 2 is fitted with a 5.5-inch Full HD capacitive touchscreen display protected with Corning Gorilla Glass 2 and having resolution pixels of 1080 x 1920 and a pixel density of 401 ppi for enjoyable viewing.
Camera and Storage

Orbra Eve 2 packs in a 13MP rear-facing camera with picture resolution of 4160 x 3120 pixels and capable of taking up to 1080P HD on video recording. Other camera features include autofocus, Samsung S5K3L2 with CMOS Backside Illumination and dual LED flash to allow you capture stunning images. The selfie snapper is a budget-class 5MP sensor, which will deliver the best of selfies.

You get onboard storage of 16 GB (ships with 32GB Micro SD-card) – decent enough for basic users. If you are the content-hungry type, you will be able to add up to 64 GB extra storage space using a microSD card.
Power and Performance

Powered by a 64 Bit Octa-core processor, the Orbra Eve 2 clocked at 2.0GHz does the heavy lifting on Orbra Eve 2, with support provided to it by decent RAM of 3GB capacity. The phone should enable enjoyable multitasking and gaming experience.

It is based on Android 5.1 (Lollipop) operating system, for rich user experience on the platform. Orbra says the user interface is ‘simpler’ and ‘smarter’ while also offering new exciting features. It also feature Fingerprint scanner.

The Orbra Eve 2 packs in a massive battery capacity of 4165mAh that should, at least, easily get you through 48 hours without plugging to a socket. It supports dual-SIM functionality, dual standby functionality to enable you use two SIM cards side by side.

Connectivity features include Bluetooth v4.0, 3G, 4G LTE and Wi-Fi, NFC, Hot-Knot, microUSB v2.0; USB On-The-Go, GPS.

source: http://techlector.com/nigeria-orbra-mobile-set-to-launch-orbra-eve-2-smartphone-with-3gb-ram-fingerprint-id-to-challenge-tecno-phantom-5/

Re: Nigeria Orbra Mobile Set To Launch Orbra Eve 2 To Challenge Tecno Phantom 5 by Pinkieblue(f): 3:20pm On Sep 28, 2015
Cool , but why tecno
Re: Nigeria Orbra Mobile Set To Launch Orbra Eve 2 To Challenge Tecno Phantom 5 by Bolade005: 3:21pm On Sep 28, 2015
Never heard of Orbra before. A Nigerian smartphone? Produced in Nigeria?. Wow that's impressive.

Poor people in China uses good smartphones, they make it cheap and affordable, if this is a Nigerian product, it should be cheap so many Nigerians can afford it.

Nice one Nigeria.

5 Likes

Re: Nigeria Orbra Mobile Set To Launch Orbra Eve 2 To Challenge Tecno Phantom 5 by Billyzone4: 3:21pm On Sep 28, 2015
Will Google now (ok google work) work on it? does it even work on any chinese smartphone like tecno gionee lenovo with or without google now launcher. does it support OTA updates?
Re: Nigeria Orbra Mobile Set To Launch Orbra Eve 2 To Challenge Tecno Phantom 5 by Billyzone4: 3:21pm On Sep 28, 2015
Will Google now (ok google work) work on it? does it even work on any chinese smartphone like tecno gionee lenovo with or without google now launcher. does it support OTA updates? and how much will it cost.
Re: Nigeria Orbra Mobile Set To Launch Orbra Eve 2 To Challenge Tecno Phantom 5 by TechLector: 8:37pm On Sep 28, 2015
Billyzone4:
Will Google now (ok google work) work on it? does it even work on any chinese smartphone like tecno gionee lenovo with or without google now launcher. does it support OTA updates?

NO INFO ABOUT THAT NOW
Re: Nigeria Orbra Mobile Set To Launch Orbra Eve 2 To Challenge Tecno Phantom 5 by TechLector: 4:53am On Sep 29, 2015
Orbra Eve 2 is open for pre-order... get yours imediately from their site at a cheaper rate
Re: Nigeria Orbra Mobile Set To Launch Orbra Eve 2 To Challenge Tecno Phantom 5 by BluePearls(m): 9:43am On Sep 29, 2015
Nice specs, i just hope its worth it. No to be too negative, but for that price im sure they cut corners somewhere, and i hate that they copied p8000

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Orbra Mobile Set To Launch Orbra Eve 2 To Challenge Tecno Phantom 5 by Billyzone4: 10:02am On Sep 29, 2015
TechLector:

NO INFO ABOUT THAT NOW
ol then i await your updates when the INFO is out
Re: Nigeria Orbra Mobile Set To Launch Orbra Eve 2 To Challenge Tecno Phantom 5 by MrOra(m): 10:13am On Sep 29, 2015
Very impressed.... If it is truly a Nigerian company not one sponsored by a white company.
Re: Nigeria Orbra Mobile Set To Launch Orbra Eve 2 To Challenge Tecno Phantom 5 by danizy(m): 10:54am On Sep 29, 2015
which state is it originally produced from and who is the owner of the company?if its an hausa man,then we should prepare for something worster than a chinko!!!
Re: Nigeria Orbra Mobile Set To Launch Orbra Eve 2 To Challenge Tecno Phantom 5 by Firevinci(m): 10:56am On Sep 29, 2015
wow!!! I'm impressed
Great specs
Re: Nigeria Orbra Mobile Set To Launch Orbra Eve 2 To Challenge Tecno Phantom 5 by ritababe(f): 11:08am On Sep 29, 2015
I like the battery capacity
Re: Nigeria Orbra Mobile Set To Launch Orbra Eve 2 To Challenge Tecno Phantom 5 by Warlord3000(m): 11:49am On Sep 29, 2015
Impressive specs... Love it already..

My eyes on it if cheap wink
Re: Nigeria Orbra Mobile Set To Launch Orbra Eve 2 To Challenge Tecno Phantom 5 by TechLector: 10:52am On Sep 30, 2015
Warlord3000:
Impressive specs... Love it already..

My eyes on it if cheap wink

yea.... it is at least better than the hyped Phantom 5
Re: Nigeria Orbra Mobile Set To Launch Orbra Eve 2 To Challenge Tecno Phantom 5 by TechLector: 10:52am On Sep 30, 2015
ritababe:
I like the battery capacity

yeah.... i has an awesome battery
Re: Nigeria Orbra Mobile Set To Launch Orbra Eve 2 To Challenge Tecno Phantom 5 by alsudaes1(m): 12:58pm On Sep 30, 2015
danizy:
which state is it originally produced from and who is the owner of the company?if its an hausa man,then we should prepare for something worster than a chinko!!!

"WORSTER" indeed
Re: Nigeria Orbra Mobile Set To Launch Orbra Eve 2 To Challenge Tecno Phantom 5 by BluePearls(m): 2:45pm On Sep 30, 2015
Techlector have you had any sneak preview or any hands-on with the device? If yes what more can you tell us. The specs looks great but im a bit skeptical about the finished product. Do you know where the launch event will be holding and how do we get an invite?
Re: Nigeria Orbra Mobile Set To Launch Orbra Eve 2 To Challenge Tecno Phantom 5 by Frankdamaxx(m): 8:23pm On Oct 01, 2015
This is just a renamed elephone p8000 with NFC added and price increased. Can't see anything Nigerian about it.
Re: Nigeria Orbra Mobile Set To Launch Orbra Eve 2 To Challenge Tecno Phantom 5 by lordmade2(f): 8:39pm On Oct 01, 2015
cheesy yeah there is a new boss in town that doubles your data unlimitedly works like magic on all android phones don't dull this is a good news and android has come to stay I don't want to brag about my data usage because I know they will hide the post most of us knows this VPN and it has come to save all android internet users no more worries about data
If you need the VPN just ask me and I will show it to you for free without money yes I'm giving it out for free As a gift to celebrate this Independence day mind you I'm straight forward once I see your Hello, Hi, Good day etc I will just send it to you remember not to eat alone also share it with your friends cool
Whatsapp for it 08099009565 don't dull
Re: Nigeria Orbra Mobile Set To Launch Orbra Eve 2 To Challenge Tecno Phantom 5 by TechLector: 2:43pm On Oct 02, 2015
Frankdamaxx:
This is just a renamed elephone p8000 with NFC added and price increased. Can't see anything Nigerian about it.
lol
Re: Nigeria Orbra Mobile Set To Launch Orbra Eve 2 To Challenge Tecno Phantom 5 by Toroze(m): 3:56pm On Oct 02, 2015
^^^^ Truethat but at least they are doing something I've known about them for some time never had the chance to use their products there's also one more Nigerian brand i think its Pliris

(1) (Reply)

Quote If You Have Infinix Hot 3 Pro Panel For Sale. / Please Where To Buy Gevey Iphone Unlock Sim Chip / Hp Envy 15, 2.4ghz Core I7, 12gb Ram, 1tb Hdd, 10gb Nvidia Graphics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.