Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,333 members, 7,808,176 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:10 AM

Who is your Favorite Popular Pastor or Preacher in Nigeria? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Who is your Favorite Popular Pastor or Preacher in Nigeria? (38646 Views)

Can A Woman Be A Pastor Or Preacher? / Who Is Your Favourite Popular Pastor Or Preacher? / Is Pastor Shalom K.akinbo The Youngest And Richest Preacher In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who is your Favorite Popular Pastor or Preacher in Nigeria? by Seun(m): 7:08pm On May 22, 2005
Hi there,

Please vote in the above poll. You must be logged in to do so. So who is your favorite preacher?

Seun.
Re: Who is your Favorite Popular Pastor or Preacher in Nigeria? by Allenpowered(m): 12:02pm On May 27, 2005
I like preachers who are humble and well say whats on their mind...and not forgetting the original message of the Bible: winning souls(i'm not "born again" though!), not about being rich(though i guess it is necessary for the gospel)

1 Like

Re: Who is your Favorite Popular Pastor or Preacher in Nigeria? by Shibrino(f): 12:48pm On Jun 09, 2005
Hi,
A good man of God is one who preaches the word of God (Bible) undiluted.
Most of our Pastors today translate the bible the way it will suit them and their church. Pastor Tunder Bakare is one pastor whose preaching make meanings of what the bible says.
Re: Who is your Favorite Popular Pastor or Preacher in Nigeria? by kodewrita(m): 5:18pm On Jun 09, 2005
I don't see why you need to have a favourite pastor since the word of God is what matters. But there are some good pastors out there. E.A Adeboye is one.

but i'll prefer not to name the dubious ones on the list.
Re: Who is your Favorite Popular Pastor or Preacher in Nigeria? by IAH(f): 6:25pm On Jun 09, 2005
Pastor Adeboye - a humble man of God who delivers the message gently.
Re: Who is your Favorite Popular Pastor or Preacher in Nigeria? by razor(m): 9:21am On Jun 15, 2005
In as much as l voted Pastor Adeboye as my favorite pastors, many others fall into the same category cos they teach the word undiluted.
Re: Who is your Favorite Popular Pastor or Preacher in Nigeria? by Greatpeter(m): 8:34am On Jun 29, 2005
What a hunble preacher and leader like Pastor E.A Adeboye. He preaches holiness and hungry for winning souls. No wonder RCCG is tagged "The fastest growing Church"
I love him and love his life style.
Re: Who is your Favorite Popular Pastor or Preacher in Nigeria? by medube(m): 2:02am On Jul 05, 2005
I think this is one of the reasons why most of these Pastors or Preachers make it successfully. Like kodewrita indicated;

kodewrita:

I don't see why you need to have a favourite pastor since the word of God is what matters.

In my opinion, most of these churches are using the present state of hardship in the economy to capitalise on the innocent Nigerian minds. Afterall, have any of you observed that these pastors that do the preaching use Land Cruisers, Mercedes Benz and other big cars while most in the congregation that makes this possible walk to the road to board buses, taxis and okadas after the days prayers.

Anyways, thats my personal opinion. I am of the Catholic faith and I speak as someone who believes that we must worship God and not the man who stands infront of us to preach. I like to criticize hypocrisy and pretense when I see it even if it is in the Catholic faith.

Medube
Re: Who is your Favorite Popular Pastor or Preacher in Nigeria? by sexyprincess29: 11:27am On Jul 14, 2005
dat should not be d question but which pastor teaches d word of God better 2 me it is Pastor E.A Adeboye
Re: Who is your Favorite Popular Pastor or Preacher in Nigeria? by ehis: 11:49am On Jul 26, 2005
Am sorry to say ,i didnt see Pastor E A Adeboye name on the list.And he is my favourite preacher.
Re: Who is your Favorite Popular Pastor or Preacher in Nigeria? by angelak(f): 4:48pm On Aug 03, 2005
None, My favorite preacher is the Holy spirit that preaches through the pastors. grin
Re: Who is your Favorite Popular Pastor or Preacher in Nigeria? by hotangel2(f): 7:37am On Aug 05, 2005
E A adeboye is there.

DAVID OYEDEPO, is and will always be the best Preacher in the world. Winners chapel Rocks. That Man is Good.
Re: Who is your Favorite Popular Pastor or Preacher in Nigeria? by joftech(m): 9:35pm On Aug 05, 2005
Am a catholic and i don't fancy pastor worshipping since they are human.

The only Nigerian preacher whose "talk" i like is Sam Adeyemi, he makes people see reality and not some false hope.

Anyone should grab his "Parable of Dollar" and see what am talking about.
Re: Who is your Favorite Popular Pastor or Preacher in Nigeria? by tassmal(m): 9:34pm On Aug 09, 2005
me.. Gbile Akanni! thank u God for men like him also i add pastor Adeboye,

1 Like

Re: Who is your Favorite Popular Pastor or Preacher in Nigeria? by otokx(m): 10:38am On Aug 10, 2005
i don't see any port harcourt based pastor on your list
Re: Who is your Favorite Popular Pastor or Preacher in Nigeria? by queen2(f): 3:57pm On Aug 23, 2005
Ofcourse, Pastor Adeboye is the most popular pastor and he will always be the best preacher
Re: Who is your Favorite Popular Pastor or Preacher in Nigeria? by layi(m): 4:45pm On Aug 23, 2005
E A Adeboye and Chris Oyakhilome
Re: Who is your Favorite Popular Pastor or Preacher in Nigeria? by Greatpeter(m): 4:50pm On Aug 23, 2005
joftech:

Am a catholic and i don't fancy pastor worshipping since they are human.

The only Nigerian preacher whose "talk" i like is Sam Adeyemi, he makes people see reality and not some false hope.

Anyone should grab his "Parable of Dollar" and see what am talking about.

I have read his book on the topic in case you don't know the book on the topic is out pls look for it.
Re: Who is your Favorite Popular Pastor or Preacher in Nigeria? by avocat(m): 10:21pm On Aug 23, 2005
i have to vote for my pastor - M. Ashimolowo. I attend his church. I guess he spends more time in Nigeria than in the UK these days. He is currently in the UK at the moment. What i like about him is that, he addresses the issue that a lot of pastors shy away from. eg wealth creation, what to do if you mess up. I like his practical approach. We are holding a conference at the moment. (i will still contiune to comment on every discussion on the forum. catch a later.
Re: Who is your Favorite Popular Pastor or Preacher in Nigeria? by queen2(f): 7:55pm On Aug 24, 2005
avocat:

i have to vote for my pastor - M. Ashimolowo. I attend his church. I guess he spends more time in Nigeria than in the UK these days. He is currently in the UK at the moment. What i like about him is that, he addresses the issue that a lot of pastors shy away from. eg wealth creation, what to do if you mess up. I like his practical approach. We are holding a conference at the moment. (i will still contiune to comment on every discussion on the forum. catch a later.
Isnt that KICC? King's International Christian Centre He's great too, i went there sometime ago
Re: Who is your Favorite Popular Pastor or Preacher in Nigeria? by donnie(m): 5:47pm On Sep 14, 2005
I will choose Pastor Chris Oyakhilome any day any time. He is undeniably a gift frm God to the church and to our Nation Nigeria... My prayer for all those who at one time or the other have spoken negatively about this Man of God is that God forgives them because they do not know that the one they Insult and blaspheme against is the eternal Spirit of God who had called and annointed him and given him undeniable proofs in the mighty signs and wonders performed by God through him. Keep up the good work taking God's divine presence to the world and giving our lives mening pastor!
Re: Who is your Favorite Popular Pastor or Preacher in Nigeria? by donnie(m): 5:53pm On Sep 14, 2005
Pastor Chris Oyakhilome's messages on the divine life and the Holy spririt has brought the gospel alive in the hearts of millions who could have been languishing in ignorance of the reality of Jesus and of the power and presence of the mighty spirit of God. That is why as many as rise against him will always fall for the sake of Christ who hath called and empowered him.

1 Like

Re: Who is your Favorite Popular Pastor or Preacher in Nigeria? by donnie(m): 6:14pm On Sep 14, 2005
I presently do not know of any preacher in this country that is as selfless and as sold out for the Gospel of Jesus Christ as Pastor Chris Oyakhilome. Right from his youth, his life has been that of total dedication to the gospel of our Lord Jesus christ ...the one whom he seeks to introduce always with a paasion. Chris Oyakhilome does not have any life of his own but for the gospel. It may suprise u...but the man does not own lands, houses and personal properties as many others do. He lives a very simple and disciplined lifestyle. He does not even have a house of his own as he lives in a rented apartment when in Lagos. No wonder God can entrust him with so large a followership and so mighty an annointing. One last word of advise guys.... WATCH UR UTTERANCES CONCERNING MEN OF GOD... THEY COULD RUIN UR WHOLE LIFE ...AS IS ALREADY THE CASE WITH MANY. God bless u.

2 Likes

Re: Who is your Favorite Popular Pastor or Preacher in Nigeria? by layi(m): 6:50pm On Sep 14, 2005
Thats why i made him my pastor. Oyakhilome is worth emulating..a pastor of pastors
Re: Who is your Favorite Popular Pastor or Preacher in Nigeria? by donnie(m): 5:45pm On Sep 15, 2005
smiley
Re: Who is your Favorite Popular Pastor or Preacher in Nigeria? by loveth(f): 1:54pm On Oct 06, 2005
I'm soory, i don't see pastor Jude O. Godwin in the list, and he my favorite and my best preacher in the world.
He preaches the word of God w/o adding or removing anything from what is in the bible.
Re: Who is your Favorite Popular Pastor or Preacher in Nigeria? by Seun(m): 4:55pm On Oct 06, 2005
Tell us more about Pastor Jude Godwin such as the name of the church he runs!
Re: Who is your Favorite Popular Pastor or Preacher in Nigeria? by trinity: 9:16pm On Oct 06, 2005
What else do I ask for from a man of God but somebody that can help me build my faith in God. Papa Bishop David Oyedepo falls into this category. He is truly God sent for the liberation of mankind from all oppression of the devil and thank God for Papa Adeboye for anointing him.
Re: Who is your Favorite Popular Pastor or Preacher in Nigeria? by Owen(m): 9:49am On Oct 07, 2005
Seems everyone loves Pastor Adeboye... shocked
Re: Who is your Favorite Popular Pastor or Preacher in Nigeria? by SirKay3(m): 10:07pm On Oct 07, 2005
I'ld rather say we shouldn't compare these men of God with each other, rather we should pray that the work of preaching the undiluted word of God that has been commited into their hands be done faithfully.

Many of the so called preachers have digressed from teaching of the word to another thing entirely. Church growth doesn't mean a pastor is good. Remember people love to hear what they wanted. Wherever the real, concentrated word of God is being preached, I mean one that stands on the whole truth of the bible, you'ld see that the congregation will be little.

The church is worldy and the world is churchy, may God deliver us. Everybody seems to be born again now, even the harlot on the street. There's hardly a distinct difference between the world and the church of late.

Remember that holiness of life matters a lot, for one to make heaven, not prosperity.

2 Likes

Re: Who is your Favorite Popular Pastor or Preacher in Nigeria? by donnie(m): 8:09am On Oct 10, 2005
Sir Kay,

I do not agree that if the whole councel of God is preached the congregation will be little. Afterall it is the gospel of their freedom from sin, sickness, poverty and death.

Every one wants to be free. Even though they live in sin...it is because they have not heared that they can be free...that is why we are still preaching.

When they hear that they can be free, they embrace that message and believe the gospel. Even those who sin do not like thier situation because sin itself condemns a man. It is bondage.

The bible says multitudes followed Jesus. Was He a false prophet?
You attend deeper life....they have a large congregation as well. Are they false teachers?

Jesus said that from John the baptist up till now, the Kingdom of God is prached, and men are pressing into it!

Are you angry that the harlot on the street can also recieve the gospel and be saved? Jesus embraced harlots and drunkards as well. He gave their lives new meaning.

If it is the real Jesus you preach men will hear you and come to you. What is important is that you preach the whole councel of God and not selected portions of the gospel.

You must understand that when the whole councel of God is prached under the annointing of God's Spirit. The Holy Spirit begins to convict the sinner of His sins even if you did not address His situation at that time.

Jesus came to set men free from the bondage of sin... But sin is the mother of sickness, poverty and death. Because sin has been dealt with by the blood of Jesus, the result is healing, prosperity and life. And this is what man seeks.

God bless.
Re: Who is your Favorite Popular Pastor or Preacher in Nigeria? by KING: 4:59pm On Oct 10, 2005
I WLD ADVICE THOSE WHO TALK BAD OF MEN OF GOD TO BEWARE. "TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED AND DO MY PROPHET NO HARM" CHECK DAVID IN THE BIBLE, SAUL WRONGED HIM BUT WHEN A MAN SAID HE KILLED SAUL, DAVID SLEW THE MAN. HE DID THAT COS U DONT HAVE THE RIGHT TO LAY UR HAND OR USE UR TONGUE AGAINST MEN OF GOD. I WLD LIKE THOSE THAT SAY M.O.Gs SPEND PEOPLE'S MONEY TO CHECK THEIR LIVES. I TELL U IT IS THE ONES WHO HAVE THE MOST TROUBLES THAT SAY THIS.
LET GOD WHO CALLED THEM JUDGE THEM. EVERYONE BE MINDFUL OF UR CALLING SOW IN UR FIELD LET U NOT BE FOUND WANTING BY GOD.
UR OPINION OF FAVOURITE MINISTER IS CRAPE. NONE HAS A RIGHT TO CHOOSE. I WONDER WHY PEOPLE LIKE TO PLAY GOD. EVERYONE OF THEM HAS AN AREA OF CALLING SO WHO HAS THE RIGHT TO COMPARE. IF U GUYS HAVE NOTHING ELSE TO DO, I BEG U BETTER UR LIVES AND THAT NATION NIGERIA.
FINALLY FOOD FOR THOT. SINCERELY ASK URSELF IF I WERE TO BE PUT IN A PLACE OF AUTHORITY WLD I REMAIN FAIR AND TRUE. I GUESS NOT. SO REMOVE THE ELECTRIC POLE FROM UR EYES BEFORE U TAKE OFF THE FLINT FROM SOMEONE ELSES' ONE WHO U DIDNT CALL TO THE MINISTRY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Winners Chapel Acquires 3,600 New Properties - Recruits 1,500 Pastors Worldwide / "Evil Owl Sent To Attack My Parents Killed After Midnight Prayer" - Lady / TB Joshua Refuses Offering 'Of Millions' In UK, Says 'Give It To Your Neighbour'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.