Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,559 members, 7,809,037 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:35 PM

The Marginalization Of Osu People In The Eastern Part Of Nigeria (A Must Read) - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / The Marginalization Of Osu People In The Eastern Part Of Nigeria (A Must Read) (914 Views)

Osu Caste System Abolished In Irete, Owerri West LGA / I Am 'Osu', My Girlfriend's Parents Rejected Me Because Of That - Man Reveals / What Is The Meaning Of Osu? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Marginalization Of Osu People In The Eastern Part Of Nigeria (A Must Read) by Bensmart04(m): 5:33pm On Sep 28, 2015
In view of this, Emake Ikechukwu told Naij Reporters about the OSU people in his community, He told our correspondent that the OSU people are found in the eastern part of Nigeria popularly known as the Ibgo’s .
He said “Osu are group of people living in particular geographical area and exhibit common goals, culture and languages just like any other tribe you may think of”. He further disclosed that the Osu people are being marginalized because of an ancient and ancestral myth.

According to Emaka they were made to believe that the Osu people seldom put to birth because of a course that has been laid upon them in ages past. They are regarded as an outcast and are forbidden to marry from the neighboring villages. These people are being deprived of human right activities because of an old fashioned tradition that is regarded as myth in this recent time he said;

“We hold these truths to be self-evident: that all men are created equal; that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable rights; that among these are life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness”.

“I speak not for myself but for those without voice... those who have fought for their rights... their right to live in peace, their right to be treated with dignity, their right to equality of opportunity, their right to be educated”.
Malala Yousafzai

Let join hands together in unity and one accord and fight Slave bond in Nigeria. Our Unity is our Diversity.

Source: http://www.naijreporters.com/2015/09/inview-marginalization-of-osu-people-in.html

Re: The Marginalization Of Osu People In The Eastern Part Of Nigeria (A Must Read) by martha89: 5:42pm On Sep 28, 2015
Re: The Marginalization Of Osu People In The Eastern Part Of Nigeria (A Must Read) by Mortiple(m): 5:43pm On Sep 28, 2015
As much as I know, Osu Caste system is gradually dying a natural death in most parts of Igbo land. Credit to Christianity. It is people like you who wouldn't stop talking about it that are giving it a lifeline.

Nonnsense!!

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Choose How You Pee Amongst This Postures / Photos From The Prince Crown Coronation In Benin / I Square Ft Sym19 Queen Da Lie Hottest Video U Need To Watch

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.