Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,838 members, 7,802,689 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 06:53 PM

Would A Man's Bad Past Affect His Future? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Would A Man's Bad Past Affect His Future? (4972 Views)

9 Qualities A Man Looks For In His Future Wife / A Letter From A Guy To His Future Wifey / Does A Persons Past Affect His Present Relationship (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Would A Man's Bad Past Affect His Future? by Diva1(f): 7:27am On Apr 18, 2009
Would a man's past always affect the future, For example, the bad boy's life style, games, breaking hearts and hurting a lot of people, having sex multiple partners that are not your girlfriends, and so on and then the guy wants to settle down with a nice girl that hasn't had a bad past and all,   Would his past hunt their future like maybe not having children, or kids dying early or something bad even as the girl is innocent and the man would have changed? and vice versa.
Re: Would A Man's Bad Past Affect His Future? by ugo2u(m): 7:34am On Apr 18, 2009
Well yes and no. If the guy doesn't know God and hasn't accepted Jesus into his life it will affect him due to he still has the natural mans nature but If he has Jesus then his sins are forgiven and his mindset changed and also he will feel sorry of his past,ask the lord for forgiveness and forgive himself then it'll not.
Re: Would A Man's Bad Past Affect His Future? by Diva1(f): 7:44am On Apr 18, 2009
ugo_2u:

Well yes and no. If the guy doesn't know God and hasn't accepted Jesus into his life it will affect him due to he still has the natural mans nature but If he has Jesus then his sins are forgiven and his mindset changed and also he will feel sorry of his past,ask the lord for forgiveness and forgive himself then it'll not.

I feel that having multiple sex partners, Is he not wasting his sperm for the future? So when the future is there, all he needs is to ask for forgiveness from God? I'm just curious
Re: Would A Man's Bad Past Affect His Future? by ugo2u(m): 7:51am On Apr 18, 2009
about wasting his sperm that's not true the body keeps on producing sperm with the man's dna. About forgiveness if He can't ask God first i don't think he can ask anyone else but he should ask for forgiveness if he has broken someone's heart in the process.
Re: Would A Man's Bad Past Affect His Future? by Diva1(f): 7:54am On Apr 18, 2009
I know it is possible to fall in love wih someone that has had a bad past but what I don't know is if to the extent of getting married to the person but like you said with God all things are possible.
Re: Would A Man's Bad Past Affect His Future? by ugo2u(m): 7:58am On Apr 18, 2009
With God all things are possible but remember the key is the man being saved, if he doesn't know Jesus as his lord and saviour trust me it is risky to fall in love with such.
Re: Would A Man's Bad Past Affect His Future? by Diva1(f): 8:02am On Apr 18, 2009
ugo_2u:

With God all things are possible but remember the key is the man being saved, if he doesn't know Jesus as his lord and saviour trust me it is risky to fall in love with such.

Thanks, but we know we still call on God's name even though we are sinners, not judging anyone but the person might still be calling on God's name and believe in him but still doing unbelievable things at the same time so when would change come? so it doesn't affect the innocent one that truly loves him/her?
Re: Would A Man's Bad Past Affect His Future? by ugo2u(m): 8:11am On Apr 18, 2009
Ok first of all as a true christian we are not sinners though we may sin. about affecting the girl, in what way exactly?
Re: Would A Man's Bad Past Affect His Future? by Diva1(f): 8:18am On Apr 18, 2009
ugo_2u:

Ok first of all as a true christian we are not sinners though we may sin. about affecting the girl, in what way exactly?

Ok let me use myself for example- I'm no saint though but i happen to fall in love with someone that has a very bad past. I could want to be with this person but how about our future. I mean affecting the girl. his past? like i mentioned earlier, getting pregnant, kids dying early, or some sort of, u know?
Re: Would A Man's Bad Past Affect His Future? by ugo2u(m): 8:27am On Apr 18, 2009
I understand, ok let me ask you some questions.
Who gives children? If you are not a sinner and God says he will satisfy anyone who is his with long life why will he allow the kids to die young? If you are the lords own and he is for you who can be against you? I repeat it won't affect you
Re: Would A Man's Bad Past Affect His Future? by Diva1(f): 8:40am On Apr 18, 2009
ugo_2u:

I understand, ok let me ask you some questions.
Who gives children? If you are not a sinner and God says he will satisfy anyone who is his with long life why will he allow the kids to die young? If you are the lords own and he is for you who can be against you? I repeat it won't affect you

True talk, Thanks a lot dear.!!!
Re: Would A Man's Bad Past Affect His Future? by ugo2u(m): 8:46am On Apr 18, 2009
You're welcome, if you have any questions any time you can mail me @ ugonnaleonard@yahoo.com
Re: Would A Man's Bad Past Affect His Future? by iice(f): 10:21am On Apr 18, 2009
Diva1:

Would a man's past always affect the future, For example, the bad boy's life style, games, having sex multiple partners that are not your girlfriends, and so on and then the guy wants to settle down with a nice girl that hasn't had a bad past and all, Would his past hunt their future like maybe not having children, or kids dying early or something bad even as the girl is innocent and the man would have changed? and vice versa.

Are you talking about karma?
I don't necessarily believe that the past will affect his future. If's he's a changed man. . .it eventually pans out.
Sometimes the person doesnt do anything but it seems badluck befalls him.
Re: Would A Man's Bad Past Affect His Future? by ladybam(f): 10:27am On Apr 18, 2009
@post
i hate men wid bad past.both repentant and unrepentant
Re: Would A Man's Bad Past Affect His Future? by ugo2u(m): 10:31am On Apr 18, 2009
@lady bam

Let he who has no sin cast the first stone.
Re: Would A Man's Bad Past Affect His Future? by ladybam(f): 10:49am On Apr 18, 2009
ugo_2u:

@lady bam

Let he who has no sin cast the first stone.

sin is sin.but some sins sure have levels,and r purely unforgivable.simple!
Re: Would A Man's Bad Past Affect His Future? by ugo2u(m): 11:32am On Apr 18, 2009
What kind of sin?
Re: Would A Man's Bad Past Affect His Future? by AloyEmeka9: 12:42pm On Apr 18, 2009
Not when you are in Christ Jesus. Everything becomes new and old things are passed away.
Re: Would A Man's Bad Past Affect His Future? by kellyhand1: 12:57pm On Apr 18, 2009
God chooses whom he wants to bless or use. Remember the story of Jacob and Esau. Also remember dat Abraham lied about Sarah. David committed adultery with Bathsheba and lost the child that came from their union. Samson and Delilah is a common story and of coz he became blind. Moses had a very bad temper and so did not enter the promise land.
There are many more there in the scriptures but they were all used by God.

@poster, In your case, I'll advise you talk to God about it. There are guys I've met who lived terrible lives (I'm not being judgemental here please) but are doing very well. I BELIEVE GOD IS JUST BEING MERCIFUL BY GIVING THEM MORE TIME TO CHANGE BECAUSE ANYTHING CAN HAPPEN AND THEY'RE GONE.

Your question has already been answered, if the person changes spiritually by surrendering to Jesus Christ, then there may likely not be any consequence otherwise I can't guarantee that there won't be any consequence.

Hope this helps,
Re: Would A Man's Bad Past Affect His Future? by PurestBoy(m): 1:10pm On Apr 18, 2009
It depends on the gravity of sin
Re: Would A Man's Bad Past Affect His Future? by ow11(m): 1:15pm On Apr 18, 2009
If he's got AIDS. . .Life would be a little bit more expensive. So for that reason,YES but the possibilities you mentioned are random and can affect anyone regardless of their sexual history.
Re: Would A Man's Bad Past Affect His Future? by ladybam(f): 1:20pm On Apr 18, 2009
ugo_2u:

What kind of sin?

an "over complicated past" kind of sin.
Re: Would A Man's Bad Past Affect His Future? by kritikul(f): 2:08pm On Apr 18, 2009
If he has offended anyone on the course of his sex escapades, he should go back and apologise cos some people can go to the extent of reporting him to some diabolical shrines and curse him not to see good in his life. A lady has done it to a guy i know and the guy died of strange illness, his wife had 6 children but only 1 survived, the rest all died after 6 months of birth. less than 2 yrs after his death, the wife died 2, leaving their only child behind. But his case was that he a lady for a long time, years, like 8yrs and later left her and married someone else, so people beleive the lady had cursed him. If nobody has a grude against him, then he should ask God for forgiveness and desisit from such acts, believe me, he is a spotless as snow. Remember old things ve passed away, and all things become new.
Re: Would A Man's Bad Past Affect His Future? by tayoast(m): 2:57pm On Apr 18, 2009
It is very likely you get punished even after u've been forgiven.

Going w/out some sort of punishment or penitence will definitely pave way for more of it.

There is a price for all our actions, you know.
Re: Would A Man's Bad Past Affect His Future? by bawomolo(m): 3:39pm On Apr 18, 2009
kritikul:

If he has offended anyone on the course of his sex escapades, he should go back and apologise cos some people can go to the extent of reporting him to some diabolical shrines and curse him not to see good in his life. A lady has done it to a guy i know and the guy died of strange illness, his wife had 6 children but only 1 survived, the rest all died after 6 months of birth. less than 2 yrs after his death, the wife died 2, leaving their only child behind. But his case was that he a lady for a long time, years, like 8yrs and later left her and married someone else, so people beleive the lady had cursed him. If nobody has a grude against him, then he should ask God for forgiveness and desisit from such acts, believe me, he is a spotless as snow. Remember old things ve passed away, and all things become new.

BS story
Re: Would A Man's Bad Past Affect His Future? by net123: 3:43pm On Apr 18, 2009
Yes it doesn affect, what goes around, comes around. But prayers can cure it all
Re: Would A Man's Bad Past Affect His Future? by oybv101: 5:07pm On Apr 18, 2009
it seems that people are looking at this solely from the perspective of sex/romantic entanglements

will a reformed criminal's past affect his future? in nigeria, it depends on the grade of criminal. a small time crook yes, a big time one eg ibori - no. actually its the same all over the world, in retrospect. clinton's adultery did not do much to his future imho, however, gary hart's adultery cost him big time.

i believe in karma, though it rarely bites you in the way you expect. a master playboy can usually live life without any repercussions of his past escapades, but he may have daughters who he would be afraid for ( that they would meet a fellow like him)

whether your past affects your future may also depend on how much you refuse to think about/plan for the future . this is what happens to club boys in university - 90% of them are so fixated on the big boy delusions etal, that they never take their studies seriously and eventually come out with pass degrees if they come out at all. (no way that will not affect your future) on the other hand , some do think about the future, and hit the books with the same fervence that they hit the parties so they make it out alright.

alot of us who have been the victims of people's irresponsibilty etal would love them to get their comeuppance, but the world does not always work that way.
Re: Would A Man's Bad Past Affect His Future? by Chenzy(m): 6:07pm On Apr 18, 2009
yeah it will definately affect his future,, it may be little effect or large depending on how holy the man is, and if he beg for his forgiveness from God
Re: Would A Man's Bad Past Affect His Future? by busygirl(f): 6:13pm On Apr 18, 2009
let him go for deliverance (after being born-again) cheesy cheesy
Re: Would A Man's Bad Past Affect His Future? by Orikinla(m): 6:16pm On Apr 18, 2009
Personally, I do not use one's past imperfect to judge the present life, except if the person continues to let the past misdeeds affect him or her.
Re: Would A Man's Bad Past Affect His Future? by posakosa(m): 6:21pm On Apr 18, 2009
This is a very good question. Some men think they're "GOD"

My ex-boyfriend will suffer. angry angry
Re: Would A Man's Bad Past Affect His Future? by grailife(m): 6:36pm On Apr 18, 2009
Depends on the gravity of the sin, but with God and sincere confession, i beleive the marriage will be blessed, dry bones shall rise again in my life. Ezekiel 37:1-14

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Must You Have Sex On Your Wedding Night? Let's Discuss.. / How Do I Tell Him??? / She Has Just Been Raped By Her Shameless Unemployed Uncle This Morning.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.