Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,320 members, 7,808,073 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:44 AM

180k Job Offer (fresh Graduate) Or Paid Master Degree In Canada By Parent? - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / 180k Job Offer (fresh Graduate) Or Paid Master Degree In Canada By Parent? (31291 Views)

What To Do With A Degree In English Language / How Lil Kesh's Song, "Efejoku" Made Me Lose A Job Offer / I Lied About My Degree In Order To Apply For A Job (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 180k Job Offer (fresh Graduate) Or Paid Master Degree In Canada By Parent? by Nobody: 1:22pm On Sep 29, 2015
He should take the job. I know someone who was once in this situation. Some people think once you get to Canada, you'll just start plucking money from trees cheesy grin

To cut the story short ,this is what our esteemed brother does today after e finish masters and e no see job

1 Like

Re: 180k Job Offer (fresh Graduate) Or Paid Master Degree In Canada By Parent? by noblegrex: 1:23pm On Sep 29, 2015
PapaNnamdi:
i hate thread like this,
I guess if its for same reason as me too.cos I don't know why some1 should even dare to contemplate between having a job to do at 180 and furthering his education.y not do d job and go for your Msc.after making money.may be he's got a ready made job.if he does,then,he can go for Msc and leave the job.shikena
Re: 180k Job Offer (fresh Graduate) Or Paid Master Degree In Canada By Parent? by zikmarty: 1:24pm On Sep 29, 2015
Adortem:
O Lord,this is the kind of confusion I want in Jesus name!

grin grin grin grin
some people can be crazily funny
Re: 180k Job Offer (fresh Graduate) Or Paid Master Degree In Canada By Parent? by epini(m): 1:24pm On Sep 29, 2015
Follow ur dream...meanwhile buy ur bible here for only #250 cheesy
Re: 180k Job Offer (fresh Graduate) Or Paid Master Degree In Canada By Parent? by gabicon: 1:25pm On Sep 29, 2015
The choice is yours for the pick cos either ways can go right or wrong. So decide what you want and go for it.
Re: 180k Job Offer (fresh Graduate) Or Paid Master Degree In Canada By Parent? by rattlesnake(m): 1:26pm On Sep 29, 2015
Education is better
Re: 180k Job Offer (fresh Graduate) Or Paid Master Degree In Canada By Parent? by sunnyb0b0(m): 1:27pm On Sep 29, 2015
unalaoted:
And a friend of mine who is fresh graduate from the university (post Nysc) got an offer with a multinational coy of 180k monthly also secured an admission into a school in Canada for masters (sponsored). Now he his confused on what to do. Told him to follow this trend and see what nairalandlers would say on this on.. Oya make una Fire am...

Tell that your guy to grab that 180k job with both hands and legs, work for a few years and take a study leave to go do hos masters and then take it from there.

1 Like

Re: 180k Job Offer (fresh Graduate) Or Paid Master Degree In Canada By Parent? by Alezy(m): 1:34pm On Sep 29, 2015
DarkFive:
Please Take the Masters for two reasons
1. Canada is a lucrative country looking for young professionals, if his smart he would get better offers there too.

2.Even If you take the job 5years , down the line you would start yearning for a masters degree,so now you stil have age on your side.

Go for it!! Don't short change yourself...Take the leap of faith
5 yrs later he should be balanced enuf to fund himself to any country for masters. ...

nigeria has left the days of papers to get job. These days if u must get a good job u need a good work experience plus certificate. A personal skill ix an added advantage.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 180k Job Offer (fresh Graduate) Or Paid Master Degree In Canada By Parent? by popcykaylah(m): 1:36pm On Sep 29, 2015
better jump at the picture ....theres no guarantee of you getting a job when you are done with masters wink
Re: 180k Job Offer (fresh Graduate) Or Paid Master Degree In Canada By Parent? by monlawal(m): 1:36pm On Sep 29, 2015
Abeg tell the guy to bequeath the masters to me and take the job... Dats all grin
Re: 180k Job Offer (fresh Graduate) Or Paid Master Degree In Canada By Parent? by agyo(m): 1:37pm On Sep 29, 2015
unalaoted:
And a friend of mine who is fresh graduate from the university (post Nysc) got an offer with a multinational coy of 180k monthly also secured an admission into a school in Canada for masters (sponsored). Now he his confused on what to do. Told him to follow this trend and see what nairalandlers would say on this on.. Oya make una Fire am...

My most sincere advise to you is to go for your masters. Only if you know what i currently going thro for choosing work instead of masters back then.

Those that choose Masters are far ahead of me by comparison now (depend on which line of comparison you take).

Take the Masters. Work will always be there.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 180k Job Offer (fresh Graduate) Or Paid Master Degree In Canada By Parent? by U2ice(m): 1:40pm On Sep 29, 2015
I want to be confuse like dis guy...
Re: 180k Job Offer (fresh Graduate) Or Paid Master Degree In Canada By Parent? by knowhowk: 1:41pm On Sep 29, 2015
funkyglitz:
Abeg mk una clear mi...is masters degree an assurance to get a well paid job in nigeria? E be lyk u neva see master degree holder wey stil dey carry envelope dey find job...d best tin strt d job ad do ur masters ONLINE dats killing 2 birds with one stone...Al d best
Best Advise.
Re: 180k Job Offer (fresh Graduate) Or Paid Master Degree In Canada By Parent? by darmys(f): 1:45pm On Sep 29, 2015
175:
Just Choose one, and give me the other! gringrin

cheesy lol
Re: 180k Job Offer (fresh Graduate) Or Paid Master Degree In Canada By Parent? by niggi4life(m): 1:46pm On Sep 29, 2015
Not again!!!! Most of these posters already know what to do but just want to mock the people commenting on their post

1 Like

Re: 180k Job Offer (fresh Graduate) Or Paid Master Degree In Canada By Parent? by Ilekeh(f): 1:49pm On Sep 29, 2015
How will you get your schooling paid for in Canada?

With a minimum salary of #18k in Nigeria, #180k ain't bad. Save some money, get some experience and then reapply to Canada.

Getting a job on visa is not impossible, but it's going to be hard. You'd have to have one of those on-demand degrees.
Re: 180k Job Offer (fresh Graduate) Or Paid Master Degree In Canada By Parent? by Lamasta(m): 1:49pm On Sep 29, 2015
Go for the Job, work for 3 to 4 years or more, save a lot of money, get the needed experience and if you want to now quit for Masters thats your choice but I`ll advice you take the job offer first cos that opportunity might not showcase itself again moreover you can work and still run a part time program now and get the same Masters degree irrespective of the country Masters na Masters

1 Like

Re: 180k Job Offer (fresh Graduate) Or Paid Master Degree In Canada By Parent? by Adortem: 1:49pm On Sep 29, 2015
zikmarty:

grin grin grin grin
some people can be crazily funny
Na so o o,better pray your own join grin
Re: 180k Job Offer (fresh Graduate) Or Paid Master Degree In Canada By Parent? by fitinwell: 1:50pm On Sep 29, 2015
175:
Just Choose one, and give me the other! gringrin

Abi oo Big Bros
Re: 180k Job Offer (fresh Graduate) Or Paid Master Degree In Canada By Parent? by Ilekeh(f): 1:51pm On Sep 29, 2015
strictlynaija:
Well, if you want a career in academics or research, then masters is the way but if not, just take the job.

PS: if you finally choose to go for the masters, please don't come back to Naija without a PhD.

That's PhD. That useless degree lol. grin
Re: 180k Job Offer (fresh Graduate) Or Paid Master Degree In Canada By Parent? by Glorialisis(f): 1:53pm On Sep 29, 2015
MacMaster01:

op if I should recommend any advise for you, it'll be this one....

Truly,this is a very nice and sincere advice. Take the job dear. Msc can wait. You can still do that,but the job wont wait sha.. You would thank us later.. #Smiles
Re: 180k Job Offer (fresh Graduate) Or Paid Master Degree In Canada By Parent? by LastSurvivor: 1:54pm On Sep 29, 2015
Get a working experience for a year or two, then travel for ur Masters, it will be easier for u to get a job when ur back..
Re: 180k Job Offer (fresh Graduate) Or Paid Master Degree In Canada By Parent? by Baboo13(m): 2:01pm On Sep 29, 2015
All these my friend my friend thing. OP we know say na you now, or you dey fear say dem fit kidnap you?

Just say its you then I'll proceed to giving advice

cheesy
Re: 180k Job Offer (fresh Graduate) Or Paid Master Degree In Canada By Parent? by YOUNGKAHUNA: 2:03pm On Sep 29, 2015
My Own Testimony Is Next

1 Like

Re: 180k Job Offer (fresh Graduate) Or Paid Master Degree In Canada By Parent? by sholay2011(m): 2:05pm On Sep 29, 2015
Your friend is one lucky person. Tell him to defer the admission while he works for like 6 months. Shebi experience na experience? If he has really thought out everything, depending on his field...he may just go for his Masters.

And how much is 180k?! Choi! Everyone is scared of taking risks. What if he gets to Canada and gets a better-paying job in this same field, obviously in a better environment and so on? It's not all about 'experience'. And who told you he would even want to 'come back' after he is done with Masters? It's Canada, not UK that will send you back immediately.

If he decides to go for his Masters later, make e get him visa for hand o before resigning. grin

Your friend should simply discover his vision and stop throwing Nairaland into pandemonium. Either way may end up not working out, he should know his way which is the one that works out for him.
Re: 180k Job Offer (fresh Graduate) Or Paid Master Degree In Canada By Parent? by Vision4God: 2:10pm On Sep 29, 2015
unalaoted:

Quite tricky.....
He shud ask d multinational if der is optunity to grow academic....then he can go 4it. buh if otherwise, work 4 some 3-4yrs, go 4his MSc den strt aplyn 4anoda job. at least u alredy hv xperienc+masters.
Xcept if de can kip ur positiom til u return
Re: 180k Job Offer (fresh Graduate) Or Paid Master Degree In Canada By Parent? by femynho(m): 2:22pm On Sep 29, 2015
Jamean:
The Undergraduate training aims at a Bachelor's degree while the Post graduate training results in Master's degree.

If I may ask...what does the word Master mean?

Personally I don't subscribe to doing Masters just upon graduation, what are you Mastering in if you don't have applied practical knowledge ?? Or you just wanna increase the stock of theoretical jargon in school. There is a wide margin between book knowledge and hands-on experience.

Consider other factors like age, awareness of the employment market and desired vs actual career path. Oftentimes, just a year work experience can change your career path to something you never thought will be interesting.

That said, stick with the job...enjoy it and consider professional certifications. Masters can come later.

May God bless you.

1 Like

Re: 180k Job Offer (fresh Graduate) Or Paid Master Degree In Canada By Parent? by Acidosis(m): 2:22pm On Sep 29, 2015
Aareonakakanfo:
He should take the job. I know someone who use was once in this situation. Some people think once you get to Canada, you'll just start plucking money from trees cheesy grin

To cut the story short ,this is what our esteemed brother does today after e finish masters and e no see job
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

@OP, you don't have any problem. The fact that your parents are rich enough to sponsor your postgraduate study in Canada is something to be grateful about. Just make your choice and stay happy.

However, if I were in shoes, I won't pick any of those options, multinational or single-national.
Re: 180k Job Offer (fresh Graduate) Or Paid Master Degree In Canada By Parent? by thisKingsley: 2:23pm On Sep 29, 2015
Take the Job now. Why? You havent even gotten your visa....shey na only admission you don secure?
Start working, then begin visa waka, if e pure then and only then do you have a choice to make.
Masters in canada does not mean automatic job, I gree. But the land is greener.
Your course of study was not mentioned so I cant assure you of the level of success on your career path in Canada.
But N180K is nothing compared to what you'll earn in Canada.
Quoting the guy who said Naija masters guys in Canada dey clean toilet....[s]minimum wage is $12 per hour. Equals $1920 a month. Equivalent in Naira? Over N300k. Yes tax and all, but even after that, e still plenty pass N180K[/s]
minimum wage is $11 per hour (Would be raised to $11.25 from Oct 1st 2015). Equals $1760 a month. Equivalent in Naira? Over N280k. Yes tax and all, but even after that, e still plenty pass N180K

In between, I'm in Canada. Did a Post Grad in Software Development. Working now. Any day and anytime, I'll advise the next man to come to Canada

aflyingbird:
minimum wage in Canada is $11, not 12

2 Likes

Re: 180k Job Offer (fresh Graduate) Or Paid Master Degree In Canada By Parent? by Seunpaul01(m): 2:23pm On Sep 29, 2015
I want him to know that this is two great opportunities. As the saying that it comes but once. He should know that one of these two opportunities is very very hard to get, that in the case of a job with 180k. As for me i ll go for that job because i can upgrade myself anytime since my brain will always be there. Infact it ll have upgrade after years of experience in the job.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Hotel/Hospitality Jobs / N-power Batch C: Deployment List Sent To All 36 States / NPOWER- I Just Got A Congratulations Text Message

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.