Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,363 members, 7,808,268 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:37 AM

180k Job Offer (fresh Graduate) Or Paid Master Degree In Canada By Parent? - Jobs/Vacancies (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / 180k Job Offer (fresh Graduate) Or Paid Master Degree In Canada By Parent? (31292 Views)

What To Do With A Degree In English Language / How Lil Kesh's Song, "Efejoku" Made Me Lose A Job Offer / I Lied About My Degree In Order To Apply For A Job (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 180k Job Offer (fresh Graduate) Or Paid Master Degree In Canada By Parent? by ocee31(m): 5:07pm On Sep 29, 2015
well i was here and i chose the latter... there's nothing as building yourself and why not do it when you've got sponsors. besides once you start making money going to school is going to be harder.
Re: 180k Job Offer (fresh Graduate) Or Paid Master Degree In Canada By Parent? by hustla(m): 5:08pm On Sep 29, 2015
yomifola:
This thing is of two ways...

If he's interested in expanding his career so as for him to procure a lecturing job, then he should go for his Masters.

But if his aim is to find a job to do or to start up his own business, then I think 180k is still good as a start up career capital for a BSC holder.

Follow your dream...

LOOOOL
You don miss road
Maybe na PHd u dey talk about, MSc is just to expand his knowledge ,not just for lecturing job

I would advise the multi national job, masters isnt running anywhere, he can always do it some other time or take some little leave and run it

Nothing beats the money and experience from the job unless he will come back and get the job or a better offer with his MSc in the same coy

my 1 kobo
Re: 180k Job Offer (fresh Graduate) Or Paid Master Degree In Canada By Parent? by hustla(m): 5:11pm On Sep 29, 2015
Imstin:
He should equip himself very well by taking the Masters program, then he'll get many of such opportunities afterwards. He should also know that in the job market there very few jobs at the bottom but so many people scrambling for it while higher up the chain there are more jobs with fewer people struggling for it.

Forget am!
MSc holders from UK dey jostle for 71k Naira job for naija
If you see 180k offer, jump on it like monkey
Re: 180k Job Offer (fresh Graduate) Or Paid Master Degree In Canada By Parent? by twosquare(m): 5:22pm On Sep 29, 2015
pleiades45:
nigerians and masters and yet not one thing is manufactured in the country. you better get rid of your white man or is it black man mentality. i have been to canada and it is a land of hardship and coldness and high tax. you better take that job and remain in nigeria where you are a first class citizen. you have been warned. the other side is never greener. it looks greener but it is not
Consider this advise @Op.
Re: 180k Job Offer (fresh Graduate) Or Paid Master Degree In Canada By Parent? by Nobody: 5:25pm On Sep 29, 2015
geobukky:

Since he has sponsor... if he can secure 180k job here.... he can do better in canada and nothing beats coming back from a developed economy with a MSc plus 3 years work experience... My opinion

I will deliver your point....good of you, I must say

1 Like

Re: 180k Job Offer (fresh Graduate) Or Paid Master Degree In Canada By Parent? by idrissunny: 5:25pm On Sep 29, 2015
Bros go 4 ur masters cos u might nt get this can of opportunity again. As 4 job let it go cos a better one await u after ur masters
unalaoted:
And a friend of mine who is fresh graduate from the university (post Nysc) got an offer with a multinational coy of 180k monthly also secured an admission into a school in Canada for masters (sponsored). Now he his confused on what to do. Told him to follow this trend and see what nairalandlers would say on this on.. Oya make una Fire am...
Re: 180k Job Offer (fresh Graduate) Or Paid Master Degree In Canada By Parent? by twosquare(m): 5:29pm On Sep 29, 2015
180k...that's approximately 1, 220 Canadian dollars...
Re: 180k Job Offer (fresh Graduate) Or Paid Master Degree In Canada By Parent? by hustla(m): 5:29pm On Sep 29, 2015
Aareonakakanfo:
He should take the job. I know someone who use was once in this situation. Some people think once you get to Canada, you'll just start plucking money from trees cheesy grin

To cut the story short ,this is what our esteemed brother does today after e finish masters and e no see job

I bet this guy earns more than 180k a month
Re: 180k Job Offer (fresh Graduate) Or Paid Master Degree In Canada By Parent? by Nobody: 5:31pm On Sep 29, 2015
hustla:

I bet this guy earns more than 180k a month

Possibly but still i'd rather make 150 in Naija working in an office than make 180 as a cleaner in Canada

2 Likes

Re: 180k Job Offer (fresh Graduate) Or Paid Master Degree In Canada By Parent? by NiRfreak(m): 5:32pm On Sep 29, 2015
Doing masters abroad is easy with good information at hand. Infact there are scholarship everywhere for masters but getting a good job as that is an herculean task. you had better face the job that does not even require ur masters now.......u can always do ur masters abroad anytime
Re: 180k Job Offer (fresh Graduate) Or Paid Master Degree In Canada By Parent? by kayaug: 5:38pm On Sep 29, 2015
He can have both. Just opt for an online version of the MSc programme and continue working here.

1 Like

Re: 180k Job Offer (fresh Graduate) Or Paid Master Degree In Canada By Parent? by grandstar(m): 6:02pm On Sep 29, 2015
unalaoted:
And a friend of mine who is fresh graduate from the university (post Nysc) got an offer with a multinational coy of 180k monthly also secured an admission into a school in Canada for masters (sponsored). Now he his confused on what to do. Told him to follow this trend and see what nairalandlers would say on this on.. Oya make una Fire am...

he should go to Canada.

Canada gives you the right to stay and work for 3 years after your masters. And if he chose an in demand course, his salary will easily be in mid 5figures or even 6figures.
Re: 180k Job Offer (fresh Graduate) Or Paid Master Degree In Canada By Parent? by zynzyn(m): 6:07pm On Sep 29, 2015
unalaoted:

No Brainer to me! undecided

A Bachelors Degree from a Canadian University will skyrocket his salary prospects in Nigeria, not to talk of a masters!

When he comes back, he will easily command more than enough earning to save conveniently towards entrepreneurship!

He could also get a good paying job in Canada!. If he decides to come back home with the degree and experience, that multiplies his prospects even more!

Oh boy, don't miss the chance O! You may regret!

Nobody respects a Nigeria Bsc Holder today!

If i had such an opportunity meeehhn!! shocked cool
Re: 180k Job Offer (fresh Graduate) Or Paid Master Degree In Canada By Parent? by Nobody: 6:22pm On Sep 29, 2015
thisKingsley:

Despite that....my point remains valid

http://srv116.services.gc.ca/dimt-wid/sm-mw/rpt1.aspx?lang=eng
thanks for confirming my point.

Re: 180k Job Offer (fresh Graduate) Or Paid Master Degree In Canada By Parent? by Nature129(m): 6:51pm On Sep 29, 2015
PapaNnamdi:
i hate thread like this,

Life is so unfair, bro
Re: 180k Job Offer (fresh Graduate) Or Paid Master Degree In Canada By Parent? by Eluwilussit(m): 6:53pm On Sep 29, 2015
Masters! Masters!! Masters!!!
Re: 180k Job Offer (fresh Graduate) Or Paid Master Degree In Canada By Parent? by rhames(m): 6:55pm On Sep 29, 2015
yomifola:
This thing is of two ways...

If he's interested in expanding his career so as for him to procure a lecturing job, then he should go for his Masters.

But if his aim is to find a job to do or to start up his own business, then I think 180k is still good as a start up career capital for a BSC holder.

Follow your dream...

Take the job and defer the Masters degree till another one or two years.Thats how smart people think and act. Don't lose in two ways. take one and sacrifice the other. You can always reapply for the Masters Degree at anytime in future.
Dont lose opportunity.
All the best.
Re: 180k Job Offer (fresh Graduate) Or Paid Master Degree In Canada By Parent? by afroxyz: 7:59pm On Sep 29, 2015
I am also facing the same predicament. I have a 220k job in naija, but no passion for it, even after 3 years, despite the fact that there is room for growth. I am thinking of resigning to pursue my PhD (medical anthropology), as I would want to be a lecturer. My fear is if I would get a job there as a lecturer when I finish my PhD programme, because I believe that when I finish my course in an intellectually stimulating environment, I no go wan come back naija university. What do I do?
Re: 180k Job Offer (fresh Graduate) Or Paid Master Degree In Canada By Parent? by cogsej06(m): 8:21pm On Sep 29, 2015
both options are awesome and achievable.,..... differ the admission for a year n work period!!!
Re: 180k Job Offer (fresh Graduate) Or Paid Master Degree In Canada By Parent? by Nobody: 8:24pm On Sep 29, 2015
My friend, get the job o. Get the job. Who says you cannot work in Canada and live there? Work experience is the key. Work experience in any Multi national coy is respected anywhere.

Work for the number of years you want to get your MBA become a young manager.
The only condition I'll quit the job for masters is if I want to become a lecturer.

And just so you know for those ones that are ignorant. If a Bsc starts work before an Msc holder. The Bsc remains his senior. In that company don't be deceived. Work if you want to work.. no company would bring a fresh graduate Msc or Bsc to come head a company without experience. .

And no reputable company would employ an MBA holder without experience. .. what matters most is experience if you want to be in the industry...

The person below me wants to say something....
Re: 180k Job Offer (fresh Graduate) Or Paid Master Degree In Canada By Parent? by Nobody: 8:26pm On Sep 29, 2015
afroxyz:
I am also facing the same predicament. I have a 220k job in naija, but no passion for it, even after 3 years, despite the fact that there is room for growth. I am thinking of resigning to pursue my PhD (medical anthropology), as I would want to be a lecturer. My fear is if I would get a job there as a lecturer when I finish my PhD programme, because I believe that when I finish my course in an intellectually stimulating environment, I no go wan come back naija university. What do I do?

Bro apply for Job in another country. Mail them. Take thier exams and go. If you're good to go.. With your experience you will be hired... If you want to lecture abroad you have to ace your game
Re: 180k Job Offer (fresh Graduate) Or Paid Master Degree In Canada By Parent? by aspirebig: 9:18pm On Sep 29, 2015
Which 180k, please enter Canny go do masters, meet people from other parts of the world. The experience is awesome, mix well, after that you can choose to come back and grab a bigger job. Think big, aspire big and it will be your portion.

Canada masters will open door for you to become a global applicant while looking for job.Their certificate is respected in most parts of the world unlike ours, opportunities like this dont come everyday o.You are even lucky, yours is with a sponsor, just go to "Travel" in nairaland here and see the way guys are struggling to leave, because they want a better future for themselves and unborn children.

Canada, just like USA and Europe, is not heaven, agreed. But is better than Naija. Think outta the box, think about your life in the next 20 to 30 years, where will you like to be, what kind of life do you want to live? Is it this same Naija lifestyle.? Just think, spread your tentacles very well, expand your horizon, consult trusted elders that wont deceive or give you wrong advice out of jealousy, then also pray about it. Dont rush .. Give it a second thought, then make up your mind.

Whatever choice you make on this, you will live with the consequences .

Remember the saying "as a man thinkth in his mind" , so he is.

The connection that gave you the 180k post NYSC, without any experience, in the present Nigeria where some 2.1 are doing 30 to 45k job , that connection will give you a bigger job with better pay and benefits with Canada masters.

Dont forget that working and schooling, that is doing masters in Nigeria is very stressful. Most people just sort, no reading, even then many of our lecturers are sadist, they are very jealous of young guys running masters with good job, Still, they want you to keep spending on them.

Over there, you will graduate with a better grade if you put the same effort as here. Many people that travel to do masters in Uk, like in Bradford, Portsmouth South London etc, they didn't come back, come fire... they have all gotta better job with good pay. These are pals here in Naija before they left. Their system there alone, kept them behind.

Look beyond the 180k ooooo.

People that even have paid jobs of N200k are resigning for masters in Canada ....

2 Likes

Re: 180k Job Offer (fresh Graduate) Or Paid Master Degree In Canada By Parent? by auwal87(m): 10:30pm On Sep 29, 2015
180k Naira that is less than $950 monthly or $10,000 yearly before tax. The yearly gross income of an individual earning the lowest minimum wage in Canada is $20,000.

My advice: Go for the Masters in Canada.
Re: 180k Job Offer (fresh Graduate) Or Paid Master Degree In Canada By Parent? by mantote: 11:37pm On Sep 29, 2015
He should go for his msc and work for 3yrs there.Sm sure he will come back to be my boss .
lok
Re: 180k Job Offer (fresh Graduate) Or Paid Master Degree In Canada By Parent? by lee007(m): 10:35am On Sep 30, 2015
If you have the opportunity to be sponsored for Masters in Canada, Pls Grab it!

I live and work in Canada and I must say, that with your age, you stand a better chance of getting a much better deal after school here in Canada or back in Nigeria, provided you get at least I-2 years of quality work experience after your program in Canada and if your proposed program has internship embedded in it, Please maximize the use to the limit.

Canada is different from UK or even the US.

Grab the opportunity and make it count!

God bless!
Re: 180k Job Offer (fresh Graduate) Or Paid Master Degree In Canada By Parent? by nosique: 11:26am On Sep 30, 2015
DarkFive:
Please Take the Masters for two reasons
1. Canada is a lucrative country looking for young professionals, if his smart he would get better offers there too.

2.Even If you take the job 5years , down the line you would start yearning for a masters degree,so now you stil have age on your side.

Go for it!! Don't short change yourself...Take the leap of faith
your mzmz bien you well
Re: 180k Job Offer (fresh Graduate) Or Paid Master Degree In Canada By Parent? by nosique: 11:28am On Sep 30, 2015
DarkFive:
Please Take the Masters for two reasons
1. Canada is a lucrative country looking for young professionals, if his smart he would get better offers there too.

2.Even If you take the job 5years , down the line you would start yearning for a masters degree,so now you stil have age on your side.

Go for it!! Don't short change yourself...Take the leap of faith
your Mama born you well
Re: 180k Job Offer (fresh Graduate) Or Paid Master Degree In Canada By Parent? by nosique: 11:37am On Sep 30, 2015
unalaoted:
Going to Canada for masters is thé best he can do for himself right now and believe me,he will have good jobs waiting for him here if hé still wants to come back here
Re: 180k Job Offer (fresh Graduate) Or Paid Master Degree In Canada By Parent? by Adesiji77: 12:50pm On Sep 30, 2015
unalaoted:

This is a fortunate young man. Jobs are not easy to come by, so also sponsors for MSc programmes abroad. He has both in view. Wow! smiley

He should ask himself. What is his objective for applying for the MSc programme? To enhance his prospects career-wise? Does he plan to go into lecturing?

My suggestion: Take up the job and asked his parents to invest the fund that was proposed for his MSc programme in Treasury Bill (TB) for 364 days garner at least a year's experience and apply for Canada's Express Entry programme.

A lot of things appear to be on his side, especially age. The TB certificate can be used as “Proof of Fund” to support his application for Permanent Residency in Canada. With time, he would be in position to pursue the MSc programme in Canada eventually. With that, he would have “killed two birds with a stone”.

Above all, he should pray for God’s guidance and direction
Re: 180k Job Offer (fresh Graduate) Or Paid Master Degree In Canada By Parent? by tinzymoha: 1:40pm On Sep 30, 2015
will it kill him to do masters in nigeria??
accept the job offer and apply for per-time Msc to any uni closer to his location. kill two birds with one stone
I know someone with masters from Uk and earns 85k per month fresh graduate.. so oga think wisely
Besides this sounds like a fat lie self. Fresh graduate 180k haba, even NNPC wont pay 180k for fresh graduate without masters or experience
unalaoted:
Re: 180k Job Offer (fresh Graduate) Or Paid Master Degree In Canada By Parent? by tinzymoha: 1:43pm On Sep 30, 2015
lol.. be deceiving yourself there, masters there or here are the the same, almost every one now either has a masters or bsc from outside nigeria, so most employers aint freaked anymore

zynzyn:

No Brainer to me! undecided

A Bachelors Degree from a Canadian University will skyrocket his salary prospects in Nigeria, not to talk of a masters!

When he comes back, he will easily command more than enough earning to save conveniently towards entrepreneurship!

He could also get a good paying job in Canada!. If he decides to come back home with the degree and experience, that multiplies his prospects even more!

Oh boy, don't miss the chance O! You may regret!

Nobody respects a Nigeria Bsc Holder today!

If i had such an opportunity meeehhn!! shocked cool
Re: 180k Job Offer (fresh Graduate) Or Paid Master Degree In Canada By Parent? by seangy4konji: 2:53pm On Sep 30, 2015
Let him go to mountain of fire or a church or mosque and thank God...

Over 10 million Nigerians are looking for 10 percent of this type of oppurtunity,needing no one to ask for advice to go for it and still cant find so you can see the Lord is Good right

My own 10 cent?if younger than 22?Go for masters,gains some experience and do some more professional courses and enter Nigeria back before 28...

If na PAKOGet the job and do it diligently...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Hotel/Hospitality Jobs / N-power Batch C: Deployment List Sent To All 36 States / NPOWER- I Just Got A Congratulations Text Message

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.