Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,780 members, 7,802,410 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 01:53 PM

3d Challenge II - Organic Modelling - Art, Graphics & Video (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Art, Graphics & Video / 3d Challenge II - Organic Modelling (12554 Views)

for those who wish to learn 3D Animation, modelling and visual effects / 3d Modelling Challenge : Lava Man / 3d Challenge I - Hard Surface Modelling (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 3d Challenge II - Organic Modelling by xothermik(m): 12:36pm On May 19, 2009
HOLD IT! r u kiddin. not ready? spend an hour and a half of my sleepin like a baby time and even woke up late and m not ready tongue . hell na! still far from done tho tas y i dint wanna post yet. u can kinda c what i was talkin bout the front . still tryin to fix that. the nose is still wobbly, fix that too.havnt even touchd the lips yet. the eyes too and the brows can use more work.caught in two minds wether to jus use a mesh for hair or rendered fur. still thinking of what texture to use. dont want to use the poor res yaradua pics on the net. actually thot had more time than i have. will hav to rush a bit now.there's still uv's and photoshop and finally back to max for lighting and renderin.

Re: 3d Challenge II - Organic Modelling by Kemjisuper(m): 12:53pm On May 19, 2009
@Xothermik
That's right! We're on a time crunch now so we've gotta make haste if any of us wants a shot at that prize!

@Topic
Having come this far, I guessed the blueprint image was no longer necessary for reference so I ditched it! (It's not got much detail anyway)

Now finally (for like the third time), I had to deal with lighting! There really wasn't anything special I knew to do at this point, since the model had lighting all along. But well, a few tweaks and adjustments later!

Re: 3d Challenge II - Organic Modelling by spyemy(m): 4:18pm On May 19, 2009
cool
Re: 3d Challenge II - Organic Modelling by zPixel(m): 11:35pm On May 19, 2009
WOW! great one guys. Finally the challenge is coming to an end. we basically have three (3) entries according to the WIPs posted if am correct.

Final rules

1. Final image/render should be sent to coolzpixel@gmail.com before 6.00AM on thursday morning.
2. Final image should not be less than 1024x768.
3. NO orthographic views will be accepted (front, side, back or top).
4. Final image should be lit and rendered (no screen grabs from any application will be accepted as final).

Voting starts on MAY 22-24, 2009. (FRIDAY-SUNDAY). The winner will be officially announced on MAY 25 (MONDAY).

VOTING FORMAT

This time, voting is going to be done by posting instead of using the poll since there is no way of tracking the authenticity of each vote. Just post using this format:

my vote is for : BLAH BLAH

It would also be nice if this thread could be featured on the home page for the voting duration so that more members could participate in the voting (I don't know if someone that has the power is reading this incase PLEASE.)
Re: 3d Challenge II - Organic Modelling by zPixel(m): 11:50pm On May 19, 2009
@Kemjisuper, ALL

Dont think there is a need for the turntable because of file size and such. instead post a front, side and persp views for your model.
Re: 3d Challenge II - Organic Modelling by spyemy(m): 2:57am On May 20, 2009
cool
Re: 3d Challenge II - Organic Modelling by Kemjisuper(m): 1:40pm On May 20, 2009
@Spyemy
I get your drift. Its kinda hard keeping up with changing rules. Anyways, that's why it's called a challenge in the first place. For one, it's evident that most of the known 3d gurus have retreated into their shells on this particular challenge. That shows that you're worth something for rising up to the challenge in any way you can. When someone starts a thread asking for 3d professionals to take part in a project, the list of applicants is endless! but a good percentage have really nothing to show for it.

Nevertheless, just keep doing what you do. I've learnt not to be deterred by discouraging comments and obstacles in the way of my personal progress. Just keep learning and building yourself up as much as you possibly can. If someone in particular doesn't appreciate you, someone else will!

We've done pretty well so far in this challenge Me, You and Xothermik - whatever the outcome eventually, we've all achieved something great! cool

So let's finalize our stuff and send in our final entries for commendations and criticisms alike. We only stand to gain from it in the long run. Cheers cool

Re: 3d Challenge II - Organic Modelling by Kemjisuper(m): 2:57pm On May 20, 2009
@Zpixel
Dunno what's the deal about 1024 x 768 resolution, isn't the current 500 x 500 big enough for Nairaland viewing? undecided

Anyways,
@Topic
Some of my final WIP's since the deadline is here

Re: 3d Challenge II - Organic Modelling by Kemjisuper(m): 3:33pm On May 20, 2009
That's the best I could do - FOR NOW!!! grin

Re: 3d Challenge II - Organic Modelling by xothermik(m): 4:17pm On May 20, 2009
it still seems cool with me. my only problem is this. any participant shall post wip's and their work here as well before sending it to zpix. it wont be fair if anyone snuck in and sent in their entries. what im sayin s if i was somebody else right now, (and since this is not like by very best effort) i cud beat myself and make sure i come up with something better than what everyone especially since you can learn from other's works and improve. such underhand tactics shud not be allowd. if ur in this and u havnt posted wip's or final work do that please do that asap. let it be a fair competition and everyone hav a chance to do their best. if wip and other stuff werent required and we all just posted at the final day. it wud b fine. and after all this deadline extension i dunno y we still hav to extend to 6 am thursday tongue. wednesday ends midnight.
Re: 3d Challenge II - Organic Modelling by Kemjisuper(m): 5:39pm On May 20, 2009
@Xothermik
I understand that clearly anyone who hasnt sent in any WIP is not qualified for the challenge. So far, we've all witnessed only 3 active participants. The rest are Passive. I believe Zpixel's final deadline note is meant for us three. So, if we suddenly see Zpixel post any strange entries then its FOUL PLAY! Say, are you through with yours? Or was your last post of the head without eyes your Final?
Re: 3d Challenge II - Organic Modelling by xothermik(m): 6:00pm On May 20, 2009
nah im not thru yet. was sposd to burn a couple of hours on it before bed y'day but i was so freakin tired(inexplicably) and dint even make it to the bed. actually droppd my bag and crashd on the rug.(was sposd to be a breather but turnd out an overnight one). and i jus got bak to it.( got work 2 do to pay bills ya kno.)anyway this how far iv gone now. the time's closin in and i havnt started texturin yet. and then set up the render. if it gets tight i might actually jus render it here in z brush without going back to max. wanted to use some renderd hair. but men that will take some more time too.
mit just texture some mesh for that.

Re: 3d Challenge II - Organic Modelling by zPixel(m): 11:21pm On May 20, 2009
@participants
well, the additional rules doesn't require you to modify your work in anyway, it only a way to ensure we have a uniform format that's all. The only little problem is that its coming pretty late (sorry about that).

@spyemy
By the way who are the judges that we have to send an email to, thought this was just open for public comments.
I think you should read my last two posts properly (esp. the voting format), Voting is open to the public.

Please guys don't just talk and vanish
YES! Where are the "professionals"
@Kemjisuper
Dunno what's the deal about 1024 x 768 resolution, isn't the current 500 x 500 big enough for Nairaland viewing?
The bigger the better. When you guys send in your Final piece, i will upload then myself so everything remain organized in one post instead of voters having to go round the thread looking for participates final image.

@
my only problem is this. any participant shall post wip's and their work here as well before sending it to zpix. it wont be fair if anyone snuck in and sent in their entries
NO W.I.P ON THREAD = NO SUBMISSION OF FINAL IMAGE TO ME.

i dunno y we still hav to extend to 6 am thursday Tongue. wednesday ends midnight.
LOL. smiley

@Kemjisuper, spyemy, xothermik
You guys are the only participants i know of. Anyways it was fun watching the challenge evolve. You guys are wonderful.

See you at the end/top wink
Re: 3d Challenge II - Organic Modelling by Kemjisuper(m): 8:10am On May 21, 2009
@Zpixel
Well said. I'll resize and send in my resolutions at your specified size.

@Xothermik
Good going. Better finish soon though deadline is past. I gotta download me Zbrush. Any links for free stuff? I'm only getting 30day trials which sucks undecided

@Spyemy
Abeg keep up. Let's finish what we started.
Re: 3d Challenge II - Organic Modelling by Kemjisuper(m): 9:05am On May 21, 2009
Finally, President Yar Adua 3D! cool

Re: 3d Challenge II - Organic Modelling by codename47(m): 9:27am On May 21, 2009
HURRAY cheesy, i just finished downloading Zbrush 3.1 MADDDDD.
You guys have inspired me to start organic/xter modelling.Can't wait to see the end of this challenge.
Re: 3d Challenge II - Organic Modelling by spyemy(m): 9:33am On May 21, 2009
smiley
Re: 3d Challenge II - Organic Modelling by Kemjisuper(m): 2:38pm On May 21, 2009
@Spyemy
Thanks, good job to us all too. We three have done pretty well by all means.

@Codename47
Yeah me too. Just downloaded the trial version of zbrush, along with its serial key. I'll try them when I get home from work! cool
Re: 3d Challenge II - Organic Modelling by xothermik(m): 9:57pm On May 21, 2009
Kemjisuper:

@Xothermik
Good going. Better finish soon though deadline is past. I gotta download me Zbrush. Any links for free stuff? I'm only getting 30day trials which sucks undecided

yeah i already posted my rushed entries to z pix yday and dint even get the chance to go back to max for hair and sss and that sweet renderin. my internet's been messd u dats y i havnt posted anything today. gess i shud just wait for mr z to post the whole entries. im really not happy with mine but hey. maybe i will get enough time to improve it after the whole thing. here's the textured model. i also think its bad that the only images available were barely 500 pixels and just hard to get good textures from.

Re: 3d Challenge II - Organic Modelling by xothermik(m): 10:00pm On May 21, 2009
like i said z pic will post the one with eyes cap and(ugh im ashamed to call that-)hair
Re: 3d Challenge II - Organic Modelling by zPixel(m): 10:56pm On May 21, 2009
i didnt get anything from Spyemy.
Re: 3d Challenge II - Organic Modelling by zPixel(m): 11:46am On May 22, 2009
IT'S TIME TO START VOTING FOR THE BEST. ALL YOU NEED TO DO IS USE THIS FORMAT TO VOTE, my vote is for : NAME OF ARTIST

ENTRY 1:

Name of Artist: Kemjisuper

Re: 3d Challenge II - Organic Modelling by zPixel(m): 12:03pm On May 22, 2009
IT'S TIME TO START VOTING FOR THE BEST. ALL YOU NEED TO DO IS USE THIS FORMAT TO VOTE, my vote is for : NAME OF ARTIST

ENTRY 2:

Name of Artist: Xothermik

Re: 3d Challenge II - Organic Modelling by zPixel(m): 10:49pm On May 22, 2009
vote! vote!!
Re: 3d Challenge II - Organic Modelling by Kemjisuper(m): 2:31pm On May 23, 2009
@Zpixel
I do believe we'd get better responses from participants from other sections of Nairaland. You could try posting a link on some other forums to invite people to vote from their minds. Either that or the moderator puts this topic on the home page! Both ways, we promote the Graphics Section
Re: 3d Challenge II - Organic Modelling by zPixel(m): 10:37pm On May 23, 2009
It's a lie. NObody has voted! Is it that hard?

@Kemjisuper
I think i will try that.
Re: 3d Challenge II - Organic Modelling by dueal(m): 5:06pm On May 24, 2009
My vote's 4 xothermik.
Re: 3d Challenge II - Organic Modelling by codename47(m): 10:16am On May 25, 2009
I vote for XOTHERMIK grin
Re: 3d Challenge II - Organic Modelling by donx66(m): 11:36am On May 25, 2009
my vote is for Kemjisuper entry 1
Re: 3d Challenge II - Organic Modelling by idygurl(f): 11:42am On May 25, 2009
WOW! Did i miss the voting already? I hope its not too late to vote my favourite graphics guy kiss

here goes! My vote is for Kemjisuper grin

He has been doing great so far, and i'm sure he finished his own long before. But i'll take back my vote if he still won't teach me cry
Re: 3d Challenge II - Organic Modelling by zPixel(m): 12:57pm On May 25, 2009
VOTING ENDS TUESDAY (MAY 26) BY 12NOON.

THE WINNER WILL BE ANNOUNCED ON WEDNESDAY MORNING. GOODLUCK.
Re: 3d Challenge II - Organic Modelling by Kemjisuper(m): 4:01pm On May 25, 2009
@Idygurl
Hey deary, thanks for having my back kiss. I really thought I was a goner for a second back there. Don't worry, trust me, you'll be highly rewarded! grin

zPixel:

VOTING ENDS TUESDAY (MAY 25) BY 12NOON.

THE WINNER WILL BE ANNOUNCED ON WEDNESDAY MORNING. GOODLUCK.

@Zpixel
but May 25th is Monday, not so? undecided

@Topic
Just a lil animation idea I was playing around with. LoL

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

New 4 Bedroom Duplex House Plan ( 3d Model ) / Cartoon Picture Art / To Become A Video Editor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.