Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,295 members, 7,808,003 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:16 AM

Who Is Misleading Oshiomole? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Who Is Misleading Oshiomole? (877 Views)

Police Arrest Oshiomole's Driver / Channelstv Presidential Debate: A.P.C Should Stop Misleading The General / Al-jazeera’s Report On State Of Emergency Misleading – FG (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Is Misleading Oshiomole? by onezirozan: 12:01pm On Apr 18, 2009
edolites and residents in edo state are suprised at the focus of governance from the peoples governor, comrade adams oshiomole. he posits that delivering democratic dividends is hinged on taxation to shore up internally generated revenue. quite right. however taxes must be fair and legal. as it stands, if this new regime of illegal taxes holds, then the masses will be poorer for it. schools, hospitals, landlords will simply pass it on to the hapless masses. i believe in his haste to deliver o his electioneering promises, he is being set up for disaster by advisers who care only about the safety of their jobs.

our comrade governor should rescind these harsh policies. even the president magnanimously realises his errors and changes policy now and then. he should consult with all stakeholders to truly fulfill his slogan of 'let the people lead'

lets say no to a state with the highest taxes, unfair levies and divisive tactics.

may God guide our governor
Re: Who Is Misleading Oshiomole? by Thadude(m): 12:23pm On Apr 18, 2009
Seriously I don't understand adams! If he is out of ideas let him go home.
Re: Who Is Misleading Oshiomole? by AloyEmeka9: 12:46pm On Apr 18, 2009
He was supposed to be the messiah, wasn't he?. Nigerians stop whining and give him some time to deliver.
Re: Who Is Misleading Oshiomole? by moph: 3:06pm On Apr 18, 2009
Nobody is misleading Oshiomole think back of his tenor as NLC President that was the era of the highest petrol price increase in Nigeria, He just don't have any idea about governace, i don't know why we Edo people should surfer bad government like this when our brothers in rivers state are witnessing a state being rebuilt by a very young governor.mophiro
Re: Who Is Misleading Oshiomole? by Nobody: 3:15pm On Apr 18, 2009
Its sad that Adams is becoming a failure after many patriotic nigerians sacrificed their lives to make sure that democracy triumphed in edo state.
However, I was told to shut up when i noticed his gross gaffes earlier.

Edo people is about losing out again. God forbid.
Re: Who Is Misleading Oshiomole? by actoor(m): 3:45pm On Apr 18, 2009
This is just the beginning, Oshimole will make people of Edo state Cry. grin shocked grin cheesy cheesy
Re: Who Is Misleading Oshiomole? by bawomolo(m): 3:50pm On Apr 18, 2009
So basically you guys want to evade taxes and expect miracles to happen. 

Or you Edo fools didn't know a labor man probably had Marxist leanings?
Re: Who Is Misleading Oshiomole? by dnex(m): 4:14pm On Apr 18, 2009
Oshiomole is completely lost. He was among the Economic Team that advised the President to completely remove fuel subsidy. I'm not saying that's bad, but the man is beginning to realise that what he believed as Comrade is completely different from what obtains as Governor. If he wants to tax Edo people, well, let him carry on as long as everyone will not partake in an Exodus out of that already dead state. I'm currently in Benin, the only city in human history to degrade back to the level of a town, and right now I really don't see the people that can pay the tax or the mechanism put in place to collect it. Is it those women who refused to sent shops in Oba market that will pay the tax? Is it Bob Izua? Is it Igbinedion or Idahosa that will pay tax for their schools? Is it the Yahoo boys or Churches that will pay their tithes to the state? Let that man go and sleep jare. Edo is a redundant state. Lucky ruled for 8 years without doing a thing and he didn't die. Let Oshiomole just live out his tenure or go to the courts to reverse his victory if not, "life go hard am".

And what's with that stupid title he now goes by? Comrade Governor. That's the stupidest thing I've heard. You're either a comrade or a governor, and the man is a governor. Naija, una too like titles sha. Comrade Governor means a fellow governor. Na wah O! Anyway, that's an issue for another day. What Edo state needs right now is for the Oba to become the Executive Officer of the state. End of story!
Re: Who Is Misleading Oshiomole? by onezirozan: 8:00pm On Apr 18, 2009
haba!!! so you mean our comrade made recommendations as an economic team member that fuel subsidy be removed? we are in trouble in edo state. is it true he makes official trips in a private jet? shocked undecided angry

(1) (Reply)

Unknown Policeman Killed Awosika / Haliburton Case And Corruption In Nigeria-Must See Video features Ribadu/OBJ etc / Nigeria, China Trade Volume Hits $7bn: What Next?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.