Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,306 members, 7,808,038 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:14 AM

From House To Home: Our Home Finish Diaries. - Properties (20) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / From House To Home: Our Home Finish Diaries. (57142 Views)

Construction Of 6self-contain Hostel Frm Start To Finish With Cost Saving Advice / Pls How Much Will Finish This 2bedroom Bungalow / Guide To Home Painting: Calculating Volume Of Paint Needed For Your Room (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: From House To Home: Our Home Finish Diaries. by befto: 12:19pm On Jan 15, 2016
Nice job Oga Spyder.
Love this POP design.
I am planning on doing some POP in some places and have been told that I need to buy some more wood to hold this up.
Is this true? I have been told that I need extra 2by2 wood for POP work.
Please advice.

spyder880:
And finally, the POP ceilings..........
Re: From House To Home: Our Home Finish Diaries. by befto: 12:20pm On Jan 15, 2016
Nice internal doors.
What make are they? how much do they cost?

spyder880:
Internal doors........
Re: From House To Home: Our Home Finish Diaries. by spyder880(m): 7:37am On Jan 16, 2016
befto:
Wow Oga Spyder well done oo . Fantastic job.
These containers used in making the interlocking. Did you buy them or have them made for this job?
I am planning on doing my interlocking blocks on site and wanted to know how the various designs are made.

Keep up the good job. God Bless

No, I did not buy them, the interlock guy owns them and brings them to site. He will remove them to his site after leaving this site.

1 Like

Re: From House To Home: Our Home Finish Diaries. by befto: 2:52pm On Jan 16, 2016
spyder880:

No, I did not buy them, the interlock guy owns them and brings them to site. He will remove them to his site after leaving this site.

Thank you ova spy dear.
What is the cost to do this onsite. Do they charge per piece or per Sqm?
How do they get the different colours?
Re: From House To Home: Our Home Finish Diaries. by bugmenot: 7:15pm On Jan 16, 2016

splendid job once again, Oga Spyder. Congratulations!!!

Congratulations to the home owner.

And best of luck to my fellow learners and construction enthusiasts.

Re: From House To Home: Our Home Finish Diaries. by Excuzeme: 10:10pm On Jan 16, 2016
Hello Spyder, this building is a "wow"!

I want to draw your attention to a very important question asked a long time ago on Page 11 of this thread, as shown below

I think your delivery rush-rush around Christmas, did not allow you to address the question (or did you just ignore it deliberately?)

Can you address it now that the rush is over? I am, like others, also interested in your response on the matter.

Welldone.

lastpage:

Hello Spyder,

That building is coming out so beautifully.
I especially think your white colored wardrobes will be very outstanding when finished. I love white things!

I am just wondering if there is a way one can do it such that the "casement" windows can FULLY OPEN (as in open flat against the wall), instead of being prevented from doing so, by the Edge decorations.
(See the places l highlighted in red)

I think it defeats the essence of ventilation if the window can only open to say about 100- 120 degrees, instead of 180 degrees required to really allow air to flow-in properly.

What methods/strategies can you suggest please?

thanks,

Lastpage!

Re: From House To Home: Our Home Finish Diaries. by chalix1: 10:13pm On Jan 16, 2016
good job
Re: From House To Home: Our Home Finish Diaries. by spyder880(m): 5:59am On Jan 17, 2016
Excuzeme:

Hello Spyder, this building is a "wow"!

I want to draw your attention to a very important question asked a long time ago on Page 11 of this thread, as shown below

I think your delivery rush-rush around Christmas, did not allow you to address the question (or did you just ignore it deliberately?)

Can you address it now that the rush is over? I am, like others, also interested in your response on the matter.

Welldone.

So sorry I could not address that question immediately as I was waiting to get a detailed picture that will explain my points, but forgot the question along the line. Yes the edge decorations acted to limit the swing of the windows on the top, but I allowed it anyway because the window is set half way between the block, which means it cannot open fully, even without the window hood decorations.

A way to solve this might be to set window panels outwardly, on the same line the the external wall, but this is open to choice, as the projection from the window panel may come out so much as to cause obstruction outside, and leave it so prone to damage by external factors. That is why I think many people prefer to set their window panels inside.

3 Likes

Re: From House To Home: Our Home Finish Diaries. by spyder880(m): 6:01am On Jan 17, 2016
befto:

Thank you ova spy dear.
What is the cost to do this onsite. Do they charge per piece or per Sqm?
How do they get the different colours?

I paid N1,500 for each sqm to be produced onsite, not different from what it will cost to produce at their site. They get the colors by buying colored cement specially made for the purpose.
Re: From House To Home: Our Home Finish Diaries. by NL1960: 11:43am On Jan 17, 2016
spyder880:

I paid N1,500 for each sqm to be produced onsite, not different from what it will cost to produce at their site. They get the colors by buying colored cement specially made for the purpose.

Thanks for this. Was also interested in this as iam about to be sent a quotation for this same sample.

Is it possible you give other costs like cost of laying and other costs and materials associated with laying this sample.
Re: From House To Home: Our Home Finish Diaries. by befto: 2:10pm On Jan 17, 2016
Thanks alot Oga spyder.

Much appreciated

spyder880:

Re: From House To Home: Our Home Finish Diaries. by befto: 2:28pm On Jan 17, 2016
Did you also have to pay for any other costs like the sharp sand used for laying and the nylon placed for before laying the blocks?

I am just trying to get a full picture of all the costs involved so I can understand more.

Thanks again.

spyder880:

Re: From House To Home: Our Home Finish Diaries. by dubemcapital(m): 9:23pm On Jan 17, 2016
befto:
Did you also have to pay for any other costs like the sharp sand used for laying and the nylon placed for before laying the blocks?

I am just trying to get a full picture of all the costs involved so I can understand more.

Thanks again.

Spyder this can now be called Home with a capital "H" creativity + accuracy = very good at its kind.

Was this paint mixed or is it company color code production? If yes what's the code for the bluish color.
Re: From House To Home: Our Home Finish Diaries. by spyder880(m): 6:41am On Jan 18, 2016
befto:

Thanks again.

Yes I am paying for sand, nylon and a few other costs.
Re: From House To Home: Our Home Finish Diaries. by spyder880(m): 6:41am On Jan 18, 2016
dubemcapital:

Spyder this can now be called Home with a capital "H" creativity + accuracy = very good at its kind.

Was this paint mixed or is it company color code production? If yes what's the code for the bluish color.

That is Gossamer blue, I think the code should be 0-012
Re: From House To Home: Our Home Finish Diaries. by dubemcapital(m): 7:01am On Jan 18, 2016
spyder880:

That is Gossamer blue, I think the code should be 0-012

Alright thanks, You did a good Job here.

1 Like

Re: From House To Home: Our Home Finish Diaries. by davinchi(m): 9:26am On Jan 18, 2016
spyder880:
Internal doors........

Oga spyder weldone oo. It's truly a home now, but before you close the thread, a quick question please, Are those white internal doors steel or wood? Also ,,i initially asked for the phone number of the wardrobe guy, hope you dont mind? More grease to your calories
Re: From House To Home: Our Home Finish Diaries. by nice2000: 4:03pm On Jan 18, 2016
spyder880:

China, N21,500 pere cheesy

You are a real Spyder man, I greet you sir.

Please can you recommend a place for me in lagos were I can buy this doors, external and internal.

Thanks
Re: From House To Home: Our Home Finish Diaries. by EndiaSami: 7:26pm On Jan 19, 2016
nice2000:

You are a real Spyder man, I greet you sir.

Please can you recommend a place for me in lagos were I can buy this doors, external and internal.

Thanks

You can get them in orile...Will refer you to a trusted colleague for it.

Am endiasami, I do basically top quality plumbing materials and sanitary wares. Check thread for details.

Oops, I don forget say no b me them dey ask...lol... grin

1 Like

Re: From House To Home: Our Home Finish Diaries. by spyder880(m): 8:25pm On Jan 19, 2016
EndiaSami:

You can get them in orile...Will refer you to a trusted colleague for it.

Am endiasami, I do basically top quality plumbing materials and sanitary wares. Check thread for details.

Oops, I don forget say no b me them dey ask...lol... grin

But na we all get the thread bro cheesy Thanks for the answer.

1 Like

Re: From House To Home: Our Home Finish Diaries. by mavverick: 3:15pm On Jan 29, 2016
Oga Spyder.

Do you have nice designs that one can put on an external arch which is by the approach elevation, so that it can be very catchy !!

Thanks.
Re: From House To Home: Our Home Finish Diaries. by spyder880(m): 6:26pm On Jan 30, 2016
mavverick:
Oga Spyder.

Do you have nice designs that one can put on an external arch which is by the approach elevation, so that it can be very catchy !!

Thanks.

I will search and reply later today.......
Re: From House To Home: Our Home Finish Diaries. by jidody(m): 10:19pm On Feb 04, 2016
spyder880:

Hi Mr Spyder, Please can you give me any contact in Lagos to get that type of interlocking stone for N1500.

Thanks.
Re: From House To Home: Our Home Finish Diaries. by spyder880(m): 6:27am On Feb 05, 2016
jidody:

Hi Mr Spyder, Please can you give me any contact in Lagos to get that type of interlocking stone for N1500.

Thanks.

Sadly I don't know many makers of such stones in Lagos, just walk into anywhere they mould interlock stones and ask them.
Re: From House To Home: Our Home Finish Diaries. by NL1960: 10:36am On Feb 05, 2016
jidody:

Thanks.

You can check out this thread:

https://www.nairaland.com/1508987/stamped-concrete-paving-stones-carport

1 Like

Re: From House To Home: Our Home Finish Diaries. by Tpave(m): 11:00pm On Feb 06, 2016
NL1960:

You can check out this thread:

https://www.nairaland.com/1508987/stamped-concrete-paving-stones-carport
Call Tpave on 08033542484 08185198085 07026427704

Re: From House To Home: Our Home Finish Diaries. by Fadelex(m): 11:29pm On Feb 27, 2016
asog:
Happy new year spyder, please I cannot go through all the posts but the few av read are really nice. U are doing a good job. Please am based in abuja, just recently bought a land and will like to start something soon. Please can u give me a current cost analysis of building a 6 bedroom duplex from start to finish. I will really appreciate if u can break it down for me. Thanks.
good evening sir, I'm in abuja as well... I'm a builder though but can give you a cost friendly estimate if you've gotten a design already. you can pm me if you're interested. thanks
Re: From House To Home: Our Home Finish Diaries. by sleekdre: 5:36pm On Apr 17, 2016
spyder880:
I bought this roll of hose to use in the A/C conduit system. This will hide into the wall, the connection wire, copper tubes and water hose between the indoor unit and outdoor unit of the air conditioner.
Please what is the diameter of this pipe? I'm think of adopting this method because my site is vulnerable. I don't want to install the copper tube and then "strong men" will come and take what belongs to them... grin grin
Re: From House To Home: Our Home Finish Diaries. by sleekdre: 5:52pm On Apr 17, 2016
spyder880:
Updates on A/C conduit pipes. ........ you will not believe that a pipe has been covered in this wall.....
Also, why use this type of pipe? Is it cheap or easy to instal the copper pipes than using normal Pvc pipe?
Re: From House To Home: Our Home Finish Diaries. by spyder880(m): 6:48pm On Apr 17, 2016
sleekdre:

Also, why use this type of pipe? Is it cheap or easy to instal the copper pipes than using normal Pvc pipe?

Why install the copper pipes yourself when most A/C in the market comes with a complete kit (copper pipe, plastic tube and electrical wire) where you can neatly pass it through the plastic pipe?
Re: From House To Home: Our Home Finish Diaries. by spyder880(m): 9:16pm On Mar 27, 2019
Remembering this project cheesy

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (Reply)

A Beautiful House Built With Mud (Photos) / Many Pupils Still Trapped In Lagos School Building Collapse (photos, Video) / Kitchen cabinets installation, inception to completion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.