Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,267 members, 7,780,598 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 05:16 PM

My Fate With A 2.89 GP In My First Year First Semester Exam. - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / My Fate With A 2.89 GP In My First Year First Semester Exam. (5166 Views)

Mapoly Students Brutalized For Protesting Delay In Second Semester Exam / Am In 100 Level I Performed Very Poorly In Our First Semester Exam / What To Do With A 2.89 CGPA (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Fate With A 2.89 GP In My First Year First Semester Exam. by MrWisdom(m): 1:04am On Sep 29, 2015
Goodday all.

My GP for my first year first semester result is 2.89.
This has weighed me down since the holidays, i have actually been sad about the result.

Please, is there any hope for me to graduate with a first class assuming i study to show myself approved?

Please, i need your answers. Thanks.
Re: My Fate With A 2.89 GP In My First Year First Semester Exam. by Wizzz: 1:07am On Sep 29, 2015
First year, first semester right? No shaking. Just read more smiley

2 Likes

Re: My Fate With A 2.89 GP In My First Year First Semester Exam. by IGLE25(m): 1:19am On Sep 29, 2015
Read o you fit make am....

1 Like

Re: My Fate With A 2.89 GP In My First Year First Semester Exam. by Donpizzle(m): 1:27am On Sep 29, 2015
1st class-extremely difficult if not impossible. U will hv to mke not less than 4.8 gpa evry semester to mke it.
2:1(4.0 and above)-possible with extreme hard work
2:1(3.5-3.99)- very possible with extreme hard work.
2.2(3.0-3.49)-very-very possible with hardwork
2:2(2.5-2.99)- dats where u are at d moment.u nid a little effort to maintain it.
Third class: no effort needed, jst kip partying and sorting ur way out of school.
D choice is yours

23 Likes

Re: My Fate With A 2.89 GP In My First Year First Semester Exam. by Ups01(m): 1:30am On Sep 29, 2015
2.89 looks good to make a first class since you're in 100lvl you must be willing to do some REAL EXTRA WORK.

Get 10 Laws of Academic Excellence by Tolulope Ahmed and follow all the principles outlined there religiously.

i want you to do two things
1. Pick out your departmental handbook and see all the courses you'll do till 500lvl, project a GPA of 5.0 every semester and see whether your CGPA will hit the mark, if it does you're to prepare for every semester for 5.0 result, so Bro forget about your favorite Series smiley

2. if not, you'll have to take additional courses in order to supplement your CGPA(i mean taking courses from other departments) and must ensure you have nothing less than A in those courses

If in the final analysis your CGPA can hit the mark, then you're good to go.

But i must warn you it's hell of lot of work

'Whatever the mind can conceive it can achieve'

I wish you Good luck!

8 Likes

Re: My Fate With A 2.89 GP In My First Year First Semester Exam. by Olarewajub: 6:27am On Sep 29, 2015
Ups01:
2.89 looks good to make a first class since you're in 100lvl you must be willing to do some extra work.

Get 10 Laws of Academic Excellence by Tolulope Ahmed and follow all the principles outlined there religiously.

1. Pick out your departmental handbook and see all the courses you'll do till 500lvl, project a GPA of 5.0 every semester and see whether your CGPA will hit the mark, if it does you're to prepare for every semester for 5.0 result, so Bro forget about your favorite Series smiley

2. if not, you'll have to take additional courses in order to supplement your CGPA(i mean taking courses from other departments) and must ensure you have nothing less than A in those courses

Extra
1. before the beginning of every semester write your projected GPA in places where you can always see it.
2. Stop moving with friends that don't add to your life
3. Stay at the top of information: some free marks are just awarded to the most informed students, so get into the information flow

I wish you Good luck!
The book "Get 10 Laws of Academic Excellence by Tolulope Ahmed" seems not to be available in free pdf. Any help?
Re: My Fate With A 2.89 GP In My First Year First Semester Exam. by Fynestboi: 6:35am On Sep 29, 2015
Op you have given up already, if you don't brace up and say to yourself that I can do it, no matter the number of motivational book you can read you won't be able to achieve any feet. Reflect on your past work on the future and snap out of what's weighing you down, coz 2.1 is still possible if not first class.

2 Likes

Re: My Fate With A 2.89 GP In My First Year First Semester Exam. by khassy(m): 6:41am On Sep 29, 2015
MrWisdom:
Goodday all.

My GP for my first year first semester result is 2.89.
This has weighed me down since the holidays, i have actually been sad about the result.

Please, is there any hope for me to graduate with a first class assuming i study to show myself approved?

Please, i need your answers. Thanks.

first class is impossicant bro... try for your 2.2
Re: My Fate With A 2.89 GP In My First Year First Semester Exam. by chelseaboi(m): 6:44am On Sep 29, 2015
U can make 2.1 if u re serious..read ur books, pass ur exams welly and also do what will improve ur grades including sorting.zm

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Fate With A 2.89 GP In My First Year First Semester Exam. by PietroRico(m): 6:50am On Sep 29, 2015
Start again... Jamb form
That's if you have the money though
Re: My Fate With A 2.89 GP In My First Year First Semester Exam. by DONADAMS(m): 7:51am On Sep 29, 2015
u can make a first class /2.1 Buh it wouldn't b easy,,bliv me U
Re: My Fate With A 2.89 GP In My First Year First Semester Exam. by Sanmix2007(m): 9:14am On Sep 29, 2015
if you can think it you can do it
just work towards it bro and pray hard cus prayer is the key
Re: My Fate With A 2.89 GP In My First Year First Semester Exam. by Hardeyolaotee(f): 9:16am On Sep 29, 2015
100lvl 1st semester? You can still make it. Wat do u want a person who left 300lvl with a CGPA of 2.57 to do? U better buckle up on time.

1 Like

Re: My Fate With A 2.89 GP In My First Year First Semester Exam. by Royat1(m): 9:33am On Sep 29, 2015
please what about someone that had 3.5 In first semester.. is first class still possible.?
Re: My Fate With A 2.89 GP In My First Year First Semester Exam. by Nobody: 9:37am On Sep 29, 2015
You need to be extremely committed to your book to stand any chance of making a 1st Class

Making a 2:1 should be a stroll in the park. You just have to calm down and read a little.

Continue exactly what you did in your first semester and you will definitely graduate with a 2:2

Add some weed and bad friends to your problem and you will most likely graduate with a 3rd Class

Add Yahoo to the above and you may never graduate grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Fate With A 2.89 GP In My First Year First Semester Exam. by Temmi001: 9:51am On Sep 29, 2015
khassy:

first class is impossicant bro... try for your 2.2
KHASSY, Why are you like this. I just saw you at That Eldee's kid thread, here you are again.
Re: My Fate With A 2.89 GP In My First Year First Semester Exam. by ednut1(m): 10:01am On Sep 29, 2015
with that GP ur not a first class material abeg, u beta work hard and try to get to 3.5. for u to still be thinking of first class u must be high on weed angry

2 Likes

Re: My Fate With A 2.89 GP In My First Year First Semester Exam. by iwriterng(m): 11:17am On Sep 29, 2015
You might be a very brilliant student having a hard time adjusting to the university environment, or an average student with little commitment to his/her academics. Either ways, you're in 2:2, and here is what 2:2 student can do to graduate with 2:1

1. Forget first class. Some people will tell you its a little bit too early to give up on bagging a first class. Trust me, you don't make a first class degree by starting with 2.89/5.0. It would probably take three semesters of hard work and good result to get you anywhere around 4.0

PS: The higher you go, the difficult it becomes to boost the CGPA.

2. Make a first class semester GP in your second semester. It's now or never! Make a first class or 4.0 semester GP in ur second semester 100L and you would end up with a 3.4+ CGPA.

3. Work harder in 200L, if not to increase the CGPA, make sure it doesn't go below 3.4 till you get to 300L (if your course is 4 years) or 400L (if your course is 5years).

4. Make a first class result in your I.T and Project semester (This is easy), you would end up with 3.5+ as your final CGPA.

5. Learn how to calculate your CGPA before hand. So you know where to focus on, this will also help you in making decision as to whether you should borrow a course or two to increase your chances.

2 Likes

Re: My Fate With A 2.89 GP In My First Year First Semester Exam. by Ups01(m): 12:13pm On Sep 29, 2015
Olarewajub:
The book "Get 10 Laws of Academic Excellence by Tolulope Ahmed" seems not to be available in free pdf. Any help?

No i don't think the free pdf version is out, the book costs less than N800.

Adios!
Re: My Fate With A 2.89 GP In My First Year First Semester Exam. by Nobody: 3:25pm On Sep 29, 2015
Everything happens for a reason, u were destined to be an agbero, just chill and fail out,.. Fate will make u what u are supposed to be...AGBERO.

INSULTING PEOPLE MAKES ME FEEL GOOD. ABEG NO INSULT ME BACK.
Re: My Fate With A 2.89 GP In My First Year First Semester Exam. by Sweetyie(f): 4:07pm On Sep 29, 2015
espionagesavvy:
Everything happens for a reason, u were destined to be an agbero, just chill and fail out,.. Fate will make u what u are supposed to be...AGBERO.

INSULTING PEOPLE MAKES ME FEEL GOOD. ABEG NO INSULT ME BACK.
I can see that. Worthless Bastard
Re: My Fate With A 2.89 GP In My First Year First Semester Exam. by Nobody: 4:28pm On Sep 29, 2015
Sweetyie:

I can see that. Worthless Bastard

I LOVE U TOO.. SWEETYIE.. Dis ur ass eh, will be phenomenal to knack.. glasshour shape.. Let's talk, I knw u are in love with me. XOXO.
Re: My Fate With A 2.89 GP In My First Year First Semester Exam. by MisterLongman(m): 10:36pm On Sep 29, 2015
Words of encouragement and advice from Nlders won't change anything.......

I'm sorry to say this
Re: My Fate With A 2.89 GP In My First Year First Semester Exam. by Nobody: 4:13pm On May 14, 2016
Ups01:
2.89 looks good to make a first class since you're in 100lvl you must be willing to do some extra work.

Extra
1. before the beginning of every semester write your projected GPA in places where you can always see it.
2. Stop moving with friends that don't add to your life
3. Stay at the top of information: some free marks are just awarded to the most informed students, so get into the information flow

I wish you Good luck!
pls can you expantiate on taking courses from other department
Re: My Fate With A 2.89 GP In My First Year First Semester Exam. by Desolaa1(f): 9:27am On Jan 16
I’m a student of university of Lagos A fresher 100l Faculty of Education Human Kinetics during my registration stuffs after Physical screening my phone got stolen and I couldn’t get information and the school closed for the year not until January I found out that the course registration has closed what can I do please
Will it affect my result
What can I do please help with advice 🥺😢

(1) (Reply)

How To Make Your Own Hand Sanitizer At Home In 10 Minutes With Just #800 / Why Parents Should Monitor Their Child/Ward: See What My Student Told Me / What Universities Offer M.p.h Iin Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.