Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,210 members, 7,807,716 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 05:57 PM

Plane Crashes Caused By Pilot Error & Some Facts About Flying (Graphic Photos) - Science/Technology (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Plane Crashes Caused By Pilot Error & Some Facts About Flying (Graphic Photos) (60168 Views)

Owls Are Not Witches: See Some Facts You Did Not Know About Them / Paul Allen Unveils World's Largest Plane With Two Cockpits(Photos). / How To Clear GOTV E016 And E48-32 Error Message (step By Step) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Plane Crashes Caused By Pilot Error & Some Facts About Flying (Graphic Photos) by omosefeeguaibor(f): 7:22pm On Sep 29, 2015
More reasons why i'll keep flying
Re: Plane Crashes Caused By Pilot Error & Some Facts About Flying (Graphic Photos) by Explorers(m): 7:26pm On Sep 29, 2015
tdayof:
people tend to say taking off and landing on dangerous. But I see no reason why it should be... With my familiarity with pilots and as an aspiring pilot... If a plane should is in a good condition there should definitely be no problem with taking off and landing.

I love your humour.. You replied without insult.

I know its your dream to fly bro, f series (f22) to be precise. God wil definitely make the dream come true. Why do we have to insult ourselves when we can make our point clear, we're all learning bro. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Plane Crashes Caused By Pilot Error & Some Facts About Flying (Graphic Photos) by Explorers(m): 7:27pm On Sep 29, 2015
midehi2:
sometimes one is scared of going by air..hmmm, it is well

op, nice information

Thanks sis.
Re: Plane Crashes Caused By Pilot Error & Some Facts About Flying (Graphic Photos) by sinaj(f): 7:27pm On Sep 29, 2015
victorazy:

I followed every bit of the writup
Yea Tiz quite interesting smiley
Re: Plane Crashes Caused By Pilot Error & Some Facts About Flying (Graphic Photos) by doutimidon(m): 7:33pm On Sep 29, 2015
Good to get this information
Re: Plane Crashes Caused By Pilot Error & Some Facts About Flying (Graphic Photos) by Pain(m): 7:34pm On Sep 29, 2015
Any body reading this at the airport before take-off is definitely going to have shivers running down the spine

2 Likes

Re: Plane Crashes Caused By Pilot Error & Some Facts About Flying (Graphic Photos) by Nobody: 7:36pm On Sep 29, 2015
fitinwell:

[size=22pt] I disagree with op, autopilot does not trigger off automatically... Also autopilot doesn't function below 1,000ft sea-level, autopilot doesn't land commercial plane on short landing approaching tarmac. And der are reasons why aircraft can stall.... Mid air. [/size]
it varies in some aircrafts, airbus aircrafts usually disengage automatically..

1 Like

Re: Plane Crashes Caused By Pilot Error & Some Facts About Flying (Graphic Photos) by BABYLUVLY(f): 7:38pm On Sep 29, 2015
THANK YOU VERY MUCH. ENJOYED EVERY BIT OF IT.
Re: Plane Crashes Caused By Pilot Error & Some Facts About Flying (Graphic Photos) by Nobody: 7:42pm On Sep 29, 2015
Explorers:
Mozambique Airlines(2013).

Herminio dos Santos Fernandes, the pilot of Mozambique Airlines Flight TM470 bound for Luanda, Angola, intentionally crashed the plane in a national park in Namibia on Nov. 29, 2013, according to investigators. All 33 people on board were killed. When the flight’s co-pilot left to use the lavatory, the captain locked him out of the cockpit and manually steered the plane downward. Listening to recovered flight recordings, investigators wereable to hear alarms and banging on the cockpit door.

http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2015/03/26/world/history-plane-crashes-pilots.html?_r=0
image source: dailymail. uk

What about faulty equipment, poor maintenance and sabotage, pilot error cannot be the only cause of crashes.

How many litrs of fuel does a 747 need to fill up its tanks
Re: Plane Crashes Caused By Pilot Error & Some Facts About Flying (Graphic Photos) by tdayof(m): 7:44pm On Sep 29, 2015
Explorers:

I know its your dream to fly bro, f series (f22) to be precise. God wil definitely make the dream come true. Why do we have to insult ourselves when we can make our point clear, we're all learning bro. Thanks.
yea military planes cheesy I wish Nigeria has a better aircraft by then. ..Amen bro ..Good night.
Re: Plane Crashes Caused By Pilot Error & Some Facts About Flying (Graphic Photos) by Pdizzle(m): 7:44pm On Sep 29, 2015
Nice one. Explorers are you a pilot?
Re: Plane Crashes Caused By Pilot Error & Some Facts About Flying (Graphic Photos) by delishpot: 7:47pm On Sep 29, 2015
Wow. After learning about 1001 thibgs that could go wrong......... Thankful for my safe trips.
Re: Plane Crashes Caused By Pilot Error & Some Facts About Flying (Graphic Photos) by victorazy(m): 7:48pm On Sep 29, 2015
freshvine:
Landing is the best interesting part, turbulence another scary part but take off is the most challenging part.

Yee! Take-off is most challenging cuz its fights the force of gravity which is the most difficult force of the universe. Only one man the force respected, his name is "Jesus"

1 Like

Re: Plane Crashes Caused By Pilot Error & Some Facts About Flying (Graphic Photos) by MrOlai: 7:53pm On Sep 29, 2015
@Explorers.
Thanks sooooo much!
This is highly informative and educative!
Re: Plane Crashes Caused By Pilot Error & Some Facts About Flying (Graphic Photos) by Nobody: 7:55pm On Sep 29, 2015
okay.
Re: Plane Crashes Caused By Pilot Error & Some Facts About Flying (Graphic Photos) by iguita: 7:58pm On Sep 29, 2015
The most dangerous periods in flying are the first 3 minutes during take-off and the last 8 minutes during landing [quote =Explorers]
tdayof:
hmm source for this? Most plane crash are mid air.... By your posts seems you are a lover of MAY DAY... and AIR CRASH INVESTIGATION SERIES.

1 Like

Re: Plane Crashes Caused By Pilot Error & Some Facts About Flying (Graphic Photos) by iguita: 8:00pm On Sep 29, 2015
Landing is more dangerous than take-off. In 5 minutes, the plane is stabilized. But for landing, the pilots will battle with stability for over 20- 30 minutes. To give you an instance, if you fly Lagos to Abuja. Even before you arrive Lagos, the plane is stabilized but if you are landing Lagos, the plane would have been descending from Ogun state.
victorazy:

Yee! Take-off is most challenging cuz its fights the force of gravity which is the most difficult force of the universe. Only one man the force respected, his name is "Jesus"
Re: Plane Crashes Caused By Pilot Error & Some Facts About Flying (Graphic Photos) by mitchyy(f): 8:01pm On Sep 29, 2015
Flew with flyaero last week from Uyo and we experienced some turbulence. That very moment, people felt its the right time to narrate plane crash stories. At first it was funny, but I got really scared.
I think its safer to trek to your destination now

2 Likes

Re: Plane Crashes Caused By Pilot Error & Some Facts About Flying (Graphic Photos) by Nobody: 8:01pm On Sep 29, 2015
@op you forgot about Aeroflot 593 an airbus A310 from Moscow to Hong Kong.. The one that the pilot brought his kids inside the cockpit of the aircraft and allowed his son to take control of the flight yoke thus disengaging the autopilot control of the flight aileron undecided

1 Like

Re: Plane Crashes Caused By Pilot Error & Some Facts About Flying (Graphic Photos) by iguita: 8:03pm On Sep 29, 2015
Sounds like a lot of humor. Btw, do all other pilots hear all the ground crews' instructions? 'was I married to you before' Sounds creepy....
chax100:
It could also be fun in the cockpit with the control tower too. Pilots do ease themselves with a good sense of humour. LOL.
Re: Plane Crashes Caused By Pilot Error & Some Facts About Flying (Graphic Photos) by chax100(f): 8:22pm On Sep 29, 2015
iguita:
Sounds like a lot of humor. Btw, do all other pilots hear all the ground crews' instructions? 'was I married to you before' Sounds creepy....

Yeah, they do... Before take off. It's like a public announcement. You listen to your own instruction and take proceedings.

1 Like

Re: Plane Crashes Caused By Pilot Error & Some Facts About Flying (Graphic Photos) by pejuakinab: 8:23pm On Sep 29, 2015
Vision is clear right now... as in I now visualize flying differently.
Re: Plane Crashes Caused By Pilot Error & Some Facts About Flying (Graphic Photos) by Nobody: 8:32pm On Sep 29, 2015
RIsky
Re: Plane Crashes Caused By Pilot Error & Some Facts About Flying (Graphic Photos) by Nobody: 8:34pm On Sep 29, 2015
nice info.... Looking forward to when i will take my first flight smiley
Re: Plane Crashes Caused By Pilot Error & Some Facts About Flying (Graphic Photos) by mylove4him(f): 8:37pm On Sep 29, 2015
mitchyy:
Flew with flyaero last week from Uyo and we experienced some turbulence. That very moment, people felt its the right time to narrate plane crash stories. At first it was funny, but I got really scared.
Was in Dana flight on Thursday of the same week you are talking about. The turbulence was something else. An old woman who is hypertensive almost had a heart attack. I wonder why her children should allow her to travel alone. Thank God for my cousin who is a paramedic that sat beside her and was able to manage her situation during the turbulence. It could have been story for another day.
Re: Plane Crashes Caused By Pilot Error & Some Facts About Flying (Graphic Photos) by mitchyy(f): 8:43pm On Sep 29, 2015
mylove4him:

Was in Dana flight on Thursday of the same week you are talking about. The turbulence was something else. An old woman who is hypertensive almost had a heart attack. I wonder why her children should allow her to travel alone. Thank God for my cousin who is a paramedic that sat beside her and was able to manage her situation during the turbulence. It could have been story for another day.

Its exactly same day. Thursday last week. Seems all evening flights to Lagos was rough. When we think its all over, we'll meet a heavier one. Thank God we landed safely.
Re: Plane Crashes Caused By Pilot Error & Some Facts About Flying (Graphic Photos) by mylove4him(f): 8:45pm On Sep 29, 2015
mitchyy:

Its exactly same day. Thursday last week. Seems all evening flights to Lagos was rough. When we think its all over, we'll meet a heavier one. Thank God we landed safely.
Ours was Lagos to Uyo their 0900hrs flight. In all my time of flying that was the worst have seen. I guess the weather was generally bad. May God protect us.
Re: Plane Crashes Caused By Pilot Error & Some Facts About Flying (Graphic Photos) by ccaramel(f): 8:51pm On Sep 29, 2015
Jeez. Got a 22 hr flight tomorrow. angry angry why did I open this?
Re: Plane Crashes Caused By Pilot Error & Some Facts About Flying (Graphic Photos) by klarke(m): 9:06pm On Sep 29, 2015
ccaramel:
Jeez. Got a 22 hr flight tomorrow. angry angry why did I open this?

smiley relax, you'll have a safe flight
Re: Plane Crashes Caused By Pilot Error & Some Facts About Flying (Graphic Photos) by bellville: 9:25pm On Sep 29, 2015
I read every line of this post and the comments. Very informative. Thanks to Explorers.
Re: Plane Crashes Caused By Pilot Error & Some Facts About Flying (Graphic Photos) by jhydosky(m): 9:28pm On Sep 29, 2015
mitchyy:

Hahahahahahaha. You got me peeing in my pants.
Actually, I share your sentiments after reading this. Trekking is the safest.

I'm grateful to God for the few safe flights
Re: Plane Crashes Caused By Pilot Error & Some Facts About Flying (Graphic Photos) by OKUCHI11(m): 9:38pm On Sep 29, 2015
Long live OP for this educative thread ...... May the soul of the dead ones rest in peace ...... Cos as we are reading this in peace they never spent their last moment like this.......

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

What I Saw In The Sky In Ikoyi Today / Huge Python Killed In Ore, Ondo State (Pictures) / 330-Million-Year-Old Shark's Head Fossilized In Kentucky Cave Found By Scientist

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.