Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,640 members, 7,801,860 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 02:32 AM

What Are Your Actual Thoughts On Abortion? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Are Your Actual Thoughts On Abortion? (3223 Views)

Is It A Gift Or A Curse To Look Younger Than Your Actual Age? / Thoughts On Abortion! Will You Do It? / Married Mother Of 8 Dies From Abortion Complications, Boyfriend Impregnated Her (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Are Your Actual Thoughts On Abortion? by Nobody: 12:34pm On Sep 29, 2015
I woke up on Sunday morning and read an article on Huffington Post (that I now cannot find) about late term abortion. Recently, abortions – especially late term abortions – have been popular in the news. If you had asked me eons ago how I felt about abortion, I would have been very quick to give you an answer. I would have said, it’s a sin … don’t do it … it’s murder … I would never do it. And if you had asked me how I felt about late term abortion, I would have said very, very quickly that that’s even worse than the regular abortion. You’re a monster, a murderer.

But it’s 2015 and I’m older. I have not stopped thinking that it’s a sin, but I certainly will not answer as quickly or as confidently. Because honestly, I don’t know the answer anymore. I don’t know how I feel about abortion. I just know that it’s not a decision I want to ever have to make. Spiritually, I’m thinking that God does not want babies to be aborted, but I do not know for sure and without a doubt how God feels about it. I just truly don’t know.

In the article I read, the author talked about how she and her husband were happy to be expecting their second child, but that when they went for the anatomy scan at 20 weeks, they found out that the baby’s brain and heart were not developing as they were supposed to be doing. She got a second diagnosis with the same prognosis: the child would not live long after birth, and the little time that he/she does live, he/she will be in pain.

What would you have done if it was you? On one hand, you can keep your hope and faith alive and carry the baby to term and hope that both of the doctors’ reports were wrong and your baby is actually fine. Or damn the consequences and still keep the baby. Or abort it. What would you do? I don’t think there’s any winning decision here.

When we think of abortion and late term abortion, most people just think about the promiscuous girl/woman who carelessly got pregnant and has now decided that she’s not ready or willing after all. Sure, this girl does exist, but she is the single story. She does not speak for everyone else, like the woman who wrote the article I read on Huffington Post. Or the woman who was raped. Or the woman whose life is at risk for being pregnant. And even if this promiscuous girl is the one who wants to abort the baby, does that mean that I and the government get to decide if she can or not?

Speaking of the government, I wonder how much involvement they should have in a person’s life. And for me, do I have a civil or spiritual duty to stop it? Am I supposed to speak against it or pray for the people involved? Or both? I don’t know. There are many, many times in my life that I ask God to tell/show/teach me what my duty is as a child of God. Where do I fit in? What do I do, and how do I do it?

One thing that I do strongly disagree with is the notion that people who are pro life (against abortion) are hypocrites because they also support the death penalty for criminals. Uhm, how can we compare innocent babies to grown adults who commit heinous crimes like murder? How exactly can they be compared? People believe that anyone who is pro life should be pro life all the way, including sparing the lives of these criminals and also saving the trees in the forest — because you know, trees are humans, too.

Tell me seriously, how do you feel about abortion?

http://verastic.com/social/what-are-your-actual-thoughts-on-abortion.html

1 Like

Re: What Are Your Actual Thoughts On Abortion? by Nobody: 12:36pm On Sep 29, 2015
Though my religion speaks against it but who am i to judge

2 Likes

Re: What Are Your Actual Thoughts On Abortion? by Cutehector(m): 12:41pm On Sep 29, 2015
If I were a lady and probably I was rapedd by robbers or smth, I"d not kill d child..
Re: What Are Your Actual Thoughts On Abortion? by MRBrownJ: 12:59pm On Sep 29, 2015
IMHO any pregnant woman (or couple) who do not have the physical/emotional and financial means to raise a child for 18yrs, have no business trying to be parents and should instead abort.

6 Likes

Re: What Are Your Actual Thoughts On Abortion? by Nobody: 1:19pm On Sep 29, 2015
Cutehector:
If I were a lady and probably I was rapedd by robbers or smth, I"d not kill d child..

As long as you are not a lady, you can't tell.

But if your wife was pregnant for someone who r.aped her, would you tell her to get the child and raise it as your own?

7 Likes

Re: What Are Your Actual Thoughts On Abortion? by Nobody: 1:59pm On Sep 29, 2015
haba...some people had at the early stage and lost it..
MRBrownJ:
IMHO any pregnant woman (or couple) who do not have the physical/emotional and financial means to raise a child for 18yrs, have no business trying to be parents and should instead abort.
Re: What Are Your Actual Thoughts On Abortion? by Arsenate(m): 2:07pm On Sep 29, 2015
abortion is murder and evil. no amount of fancy words string together can change that....QED

5 Likes

Re: What Are Your Actual Thoughts On Abortion? by Nobody: 2:12pm On Sep 29, 2015
it is beyond that...because it affects one psychologically
Cutehector:
Re: What Are Your Actual Thoughts On Abortion? by raumdeuter: 2:34pm On Sep 29, 2015
I support abortion

If any woman feels she wouldnt be able to take proper care of the child

or the child puts the mothers health at risk then She can choose to abort it

I am pro choice

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Are Your Actual Thoughts On Abortion? by Cutehector(m): 4:29pm On Sep 29, 2015
exthar87:
it is beyond that...because it affects one psychologically
u are right tho
Re: What Are Your Actual Thoughts On Abortion? by emilyone(f): 4:50pm On Sep 29, 2015
A doctor friend of mine said five in every ten women have committed abortion before

Do you think this figure is higher or lower?
Re: What Are Your Actual Thoughts On Abortion? by Nobody: 5:20pm On Sep 29, 2015
Hmmmm IMO lower
emilyone:
A doctor friend of mine said five in every ten women have committed abortion before

Re: What Are Your Actual Thoughts On Abortion? by Nobody: 5:43pm On Sep 29, 2015
Abortion is better than bringing kids into this cruel world without any means of providing for them, just to end up as malnulrished and hungry kids thereby constitutiing nuisance to the society.....

Abortion is legal in some parts of the world.

3 Likes

Re: What Are Your Actual Thoughts On Abortion? by teamobanabo(m): 6:53pm On Sep 29, 2015
emilyone:

Higher

1 Like

Re: What Are Your Actual Thoughts On Abortion? by HFOG(f): 7:06pm On Sep 29, 2015
If you believe you were created, I think you should be most concerned about what you creator thinks about taking the life of His creatures.
#JustSaying
Re: What Are Your Actual Thoughts On Abortion? by Nobody: 7:23pm On Sep 29, 2015
MRBrownJ:
They should have no business trying to be parents but they will have business fu*king without protection abi? How much is contraceptives? And there are varieties of them .. You know you can't raise a child and you f*ck raw..
Also, is it so hard to abstain during your ovulation since you know you can't raise a child?

To me abortion should only come in when the pregnancy threatens a mother's life... ie In a life threatening situation. ...

If my mom had aborted me, I wouldn't have been no today.. I should also not take away another person's life. .. Abortion is murder!!

1 Like

Re: What Are Your Actual Thoughts On Abortion? by jmoore(m): 7:49pm On Sep 29, 2015
Abortion is baby haram,which is worse than boko haram.

Abortion is murder, ho ha!!!

1 Like

Re: What Are Your Actual Thoughts On Abortion? by Nobody: 1:08am On Sep 30, 2015
All i see are excuses , if you're not ready for the responsibilty, then do not engage in the act.
Im tired of hearing 'it was an accident', you didnt fall and land on his Instruments.
But what do i kno right?

1 Like

Re: What Are Your Actual Thoughts On Abortion? by MRBrownJ: 3:31am On Sep 30, 2015
exthar87:
haba...some people had at the early stage and lost it..

having a child is certainly not a gamble... if you aint sure then you shouldnt have them.

MarvellousGod:
They should have no business trying to be parents but they will have business fu*king without protection abi? How much is contraceptives? And there are varieties of them .. You know you can't raise a child and you f*ck raw..

yes they probably shouldnt have raw sex in the 1st place but that is another subject entirely.

Also, is it so hard to abstain during your ovulation since you know you can't raise a child?

sorry.....?!

To me abortion should only come in when the pregnancy threatens a mother's life... ie In a life threatening situation. ...

so lets say you were dead broke and immature, you would still have that child?!

If my mom had aborted me, I wouldn't have been no today.. I should also not take away another person's life. .. Abortion is murder!!

yeah if my mom had aborted me then me too i wouldnt be here, but guess what?! the world would have been a better place without the unwanted devils of this world.... the Hitlers, the Osamas, the Stalins, the Idi Amins, the Pol Pots, the Judas etc
Re: What Are Your Actual Thoughts On Abortion? by cococandy(f): 4:56am On Sep 30, 2015
pro choice

3 Likes

Re: What Are Your Actual Thoughts On Abortion? by Nobody: 7:03am On Sep 30, 2015
MRBrownJ:

yes they probably shouldnt have raw sex in the 1st place but that is another subject entirely.
sorry.....?!

so lets say your wear dead broke and immature, you would still had that child?!

yeah if my mom had aborted me then me too i wouldnt be here, but guess what?! the world would have been a better place without the unwanted devils of this world.... the Hitlers, the Osamas, the Stalins, the Idi Amins, the Pol Pots, the Judas etc
Yeah, that's the point. . If you ain't ready to take responsibility for your action, then why engage in it? The main purpose of sex is for procreation..

If I were broke, I would go on contraceptives. .

So you think it's the poor alone that constitute the devils in this world?

I'm not saying people should hv children when they ain't ready, but abortion isn't a way to prevent that, there are various contraceptives which ain't costly. .Abortion isn't a preventive measure in this regard. ...
Re: What Are Your Actual Thoughts On Abortion? by jmoore(m): 8:10am On Sep 30, 2015
Miss Pennsylvania Valerie Gatto contested for Miss USA 2014, she was conceived when her mother was raped at knifepoint.

So you think she should have been aborted, huh?

Meet Rebecca Kiessling

Kiessling is perhaps the most famous conceived-by-rape speaker. She was conceived in 1968, before Roe v. Wade. Still, she says she was "targeted for abortion," and that her biological mother almost aborted her twice in dangerous, illegal situations. Despite, or rather, because of her mother's experience, Kiessling does not think abortion should be legal under any circumstances. About 20 percent of the American population agrees with her. On her website, she tells her story:

I was adopted nearly from birth. At 18, I learned that I was conceived out of a brutal rape at knife-point by a serial rapist. Like most people, I'd never considered that abortion applied to my life, but once I received this information, all of a sudden I realized that, not only does it apply to my life, but it has to do with my very existence. It was as if I could hear the echoes of all those people who, with the most sympathetic of tones, would say, “Well, except in cases of rape. . . ," or who would rather fervently exclaim in disgust: “Especially in cases of rape!!!” All these people are out there who don‘t even know me, but are standing in judgment of my life, so quick to dismiss it just because of how I was conceived. I felt like I was now going to have to justify my own existence, that I would have to prove myself to the world that I shouldn’t have been aborted and that I was worthy of living. Excerpts from http://www.thewire.com/politics/2014/01/inside-world-anti-abortion-activists-who-were-conceived-rape/357314/
Re: What Are Your Actual Thoughts On Abortion? by Jamean(f): 8:56am On Sep 30, 2015
ok

2 Likes

Re: What Are Your Actual Thoughts On Abortion? by Nobody: 9:45am On Sep 30, 2015
My actual thoughts on abortion?

I'm very indifferent about it most times and other times i support it.

It depends on the particular case.
Re: What Are Your Actual Thoughts On Abortion? by 9iceX(m): 9:46am On Sep 30, 2015
Firstly, abortion is a decision. Say for instance, he is just not ready for a kid, but you like to keep it. Here's when u might need to make a decision. If you would keep the pregnancy, the only consequence is that he might decide not to take ANY responsibility. Ultimately, the child will live and you definitely will live too.

Now, the case above is a different one. It's a civilized world now so i wont like to knock the idea of "checking how the baby is doing before birth" and bla bla. Killing is killing no matter the name you choose to call it. How about letting the child come into the world to fulfill his destiny?
Re: What Are Your Actual Thoughts On Abortion? by jashar(f): 10:05am On Sep 30, 2015
The only time i'll support abortion is when the mothers' life is in danger like the case of etopic pregnancies. And that will be only when the doctors have said they can't manage the situation any longer...
Any other scenario is hogwash....
Re: What Are Your Actual Thoughts On Abortion? by MRBrownJ: 11:15am On Sep 30, 2015
MarvellousGod:
Yeah, that's the point. . If you ain't ready to take responsibility for your action, then why engage in it? The main purpose of sex is for procreation..

NONSENSE!!!! although the natural purpose of sex is reproduction, sex is also necessary to be intimate with your partner, to bond with your partner, to connect with your partner etc
btw: if you believe that sex is "only" meant for procreation, do you therefore think that "if a couple get married and one of them is sterile, then they should NEVER have sex?!"

If I were broke, I would go on contraceptives. .

sadly it takes much more than just money to raise a child PROPERLY

So you think it's the poor alone that constitute the devils in this world?

do you understand English (no offense)? who said anything about poor people having anything to do with the devils?! i gave you examples of evil people that probably should have been aborted...

I'm not saying people should hv children when they ain't ready, but abortion isn't a way to prevent that, there are various contraceptives which ain't costly. .Abortion isn't a preventive measure in this regard. ...

you are right, and when ALL prevention fails then ABORTION is the last solution
Re: What Are Your Actual Thoughts On Abortion? by Nobody: 11:46am On Sep 30, 2015
MRBrownJ:

NONSENSE!!!! although the natural purpose of sex is reproduction, sex is also necessary to be intimate with your partner, to bond with your partner, to connect with your partner etc
btw: if you believe that sex is "only" meant for procreation, do you therefore think that "if a couple get married and one of them is sterile, then they should NEVER have sex?!"

sadly it takes much more than just money to raise a child PROPERLY

do you understand English (no offense)? who said anything about poor people having anything to do with the devils?! i gave you examples of evil people that probably should have been aborted...

you are right, and when ALL prevention fails then ABORTION is the last solution
I said procreation is the main purpose, where did you see 'only' purpose? undecided

I know that already. For whatever reason you ain't ready to raise a child, why abortion? When you can actually prevent the abortion by using a contraceptive?

Lol, how would their parents had known what their children would turn out to be? Maybe we should conduct a test during pregnancy to ascertain whether a child would constitute nuisance upon maturity? undecided

There's no how all preventions including abstinence will fail....

Let's agree to disagree because you're beginning to be insulting. .. Have a good day....
Re: What Are Your Actual Thoughts On Abortion? by ronald4lif(m): 12:04pm On Sep 30, 2015
There are instances in which abortion is right and justified.

If I'd a teen daughter who got impregnated while still in high school and whose educational progress might be hindered by the upbringing of a child, I would encourage a D&C.

If my daughter was raped by hoodlums, terrorist or any individual that resulted to pregnancy I would champion the process of an abortion without hesitation.

Even as an adult, and if I were a lady who got impregnated due to my carelessness by a boyfriend who's not enthusiastic about the pregnancy and responsibility, I won't hesitate to perform a D&C.

In truth, anyone who's not mentally, emotionally and financially stable has no business having a child. We may argue that they should have adopted preventive measures but that's entirely a different case. Don't breed if you can't offer a child considerably basics of life.

The majority of men would say it's a sin and religion condemns it blabla but would never entertain the thought of marrying a single mum. I understand one is not mandated to get entangled with a single mum because they're against abortion but stereotyping ladies who went against the odds to preserve a pregnancy is contradictory and somewhat hypocritical to anti-abortion sentiments.

While every lady should adhere to strict compliance to safe sex and ensure they must not get pregnant whenever they indulge I would not fault those who undergo D&C when the odds of healthily bringing up the child is bleaky and the to-be mum's future is threatened. Some ladies who are 'happily' married today had abortion and would not have gotten married coz most men disdain single mums.

5 Likes

Re: What Are Your Actual Thoughts On Abortion? by Nobody: 12:43pm On Sep 30, 2015
It's wrong.
Re: What Are Your Actual Thoughts On Abortion? by justcallbuki(f): 1:59pm On Sep 30, 2015
ronald4lif:
There are instances in which abortion is right and justified.

If I'd a teen daughter who got impregnated while still in high school and whose educational progress might be hindered by the upbringing of a child, I would encourage a D&C.

If my daughter was raped by hoodlums, terrorist or any individual that resulted to pregnancy I would champion the process of an abortion without hesitation.

Even as an adult, and if I were a lady who got impregnated due to my carelessness by a boyfriend who's not enthusiastic about the pregnancy and responsibility, I won't hesitate to perform a D&C.

In truth, anyone who's not mentally, emotionally and financially stable has no business having a child. We may argue that they should have adopted preventive measures but that's entirely a different case. Don't breed if you can't offer a child considerably basics of life.

The majority of men would say it's a sin and religion condemns it blabla but would never entertain the thought of marrying a single mum. I understand one is not mandated to get entangled with a single mum because they're against abortion but stereotyping ladies who went against the odds to preserve a pregnancy is contradictory and somewhat hypocritical to anti-abortion sentiments.

While every lady should adhere to strict compliance to safe sex and ensure they must not get pregnant whenever they indulge I would not fault those who undergo D&C when the odds of healthily bringing up the child is bleaky and the to-be mum's future is threatened. Some ladies who are 'happily' married today had abortion and would not have gotten married coz most men disdain single mums.
you are very correct dear,but they will never accept the truth.

1 Like

Re: What Are Your Actual Thoughts On Abortion? by ojeota(f): 9:18pm On Sep 30, 2015
I dont see anything wrong with abortion. But it should be done when thé baby has not fully formed.
We are all here by luck.

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Wonders Of Twins (photos) / No Sex Before Marriage!!! Is It Advisable? / Would You Fire A Maid With HIV?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.