Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,582 members, 7,809,111 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:31 PM

Do I Have To Attach D Copies Of My Certificates, Weneva Am Asked 2 Submit A CV - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Do I Have To Attach D Copies Of My Certificates, Weneva Am Asked 2 Submit A CV (18764 Views)

I Need A Loan.i Will Offer My Certificates As Collaterals / The Difference Between A Resume And A Cv. I Bet You Didn't Know! / 7 Things You Should Cross Check Before Sending Off A CV (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do I Have To Attach D Copies Of My Certificates, Weneva Am Asked 2 Submit A CV by GeoOla25(m): 2:38pm On Sep 29, 2015
Hello Nairalanders,
I am a fresh graduate who as been burning internet data on various companies website and and various job sites searching for job opportunities, I will like to ask some few questions which I don't quite understand, because there is this usually says which says "lack of information brings about deformation", I don't want to be ignorant,firstly I will like to ask if there is any difference between CV and Resume and secondly whenever I am asked to send or upload my CV , am I going to upload or send the copies of certificates such as copies of O' level, Degree certificate and other with it , or that will be presented at the interview. I will appreciate your overall contributions, thanks for your contributions in Anticipation.
Re: Do I Have To Attach D Copies Of My Certificates, Weneva Am Asked 2 Submit A CV by GeoOla25(m): 2:40pm On Sep 29, 2015
Seun please share.
Re: Do I Have To Attach D Copies Of My Certificates, Weneva Am Asked 2 Submit A CV by MacMaster01(m): 2:50pm On Sep 29, 2015
GeoOla25:
Seun please share.

it's not necessary, just attach a cover letter, but it's somewhat advisable to carry them when u are invited for an interview

Disclaimer:
this is my opinion. smiley

3 Likes

Re: Do I Have To Attach D Copies Of My Certificates, Weneva Am Asked 2 Submit A CV by Samyj247: 4:11pm On Sep 29, 2015
MacMaster01:

it's not necessary, just attach a cover letter, but it's somewhat advisable to carry them when u are invited for an interview

Disclaimer:
this is my opinion. smiley
hen hen....what if one should attach only the cv and type the cover leter as a message in a later format, then send.....@op, resume is the summary of your cv,,,,,they are different. Cv may include things like hobbies, explanation or details of what u did on each of d experience ur list. Cv...is detailed while resume is a sumarry.
Re: Do I Have To Attach D Copies Of My Certificates, Weneva Am Asked 2 Submit A CV by GentleNaaz(m): 4:37pm On Sep 29, 2015
1. If it is invited application, dnt include ur certificates, except its one of d stated requiremnts. Baring any requiremnt for such, just attach ur CV n cover letter

2. If its uninvited application, its advisable to include photocopies of ur certificates, CV n cover letter.

3. The only difference betwn CV n resume is volume of content. Resume is short, brief, concise, nt more than a page, etc. its usually functional in nature, hence, used by expertise with many years experience. Whilst CV is more elaborative n used by beginers or intermediates with little or no experience. For CV, 2 pages r recommended, 3 cn b tolerated by some HRMs

NB:
1. Always attach ur CV n cover letter wn submitting via email. Dnt write d cover letter at d body of d.......

2. Always attend interview with original n photocopies of ur credentials n CV, even whn nt ask.

Disclaimer: My opinion

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do I Have To Attach D Copies Of My Certificates, Weneva Am Asked 2 Submit A CV by arshavineering(m): 6:48pm On Sep 29, 2015
CV and RESUME are one and the same thing. . RESUME is to USA;
CV is to OTHERS

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Do I Have To Attach D Copies Of My Certificates, Weneva Am Asked 2 Submit A CV by Nobody: 9:29pm On Sep 29, 2015
Jus follow their simple instructions, if firms ask u to submit ur cv, jus follow d simple instruction n submit ur cv, if they require a cover letter attached to ur cv, they wil always specify n secondly if they need ur certificates attached to ur cv they will always specify, is good to follow company's instruction

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Do I Have To Attach D Copies Of My Certificates, Weneva Am Asked 2 Submit A CV by MacMaster01(m): 7:32am On Sep 30, 2015
gommex:
Jus follow their simple instructions, if firms ask u to submit ur cv, jus follow d simple instruction n submit ur cv, if they require a cover letter attached to ur cv, they wil always specify n secondly if they need ur certificates attached to ur cv they will always specify, is good to follow company's instruction
Nest oil last year called for submission of CVs but only invited those that submitted CVs with the cover letter attached this is to mention a few, all i'm saying is cover letter is compulsory, u need not be told by the company.

1 Like

Re: Do I Have To Attach D Copies Of My Certificates, Weneva Am Asked 2 Submit A CV by Nobody: 7:05pm On Sep 30, 2015
MacMaster01:

Nest oil last year called for submission of CVs but only invited those that submitted CVs with the cover letter attached this is to mention a few, all i'm saying is cover letter is compulsory, u need not be told by the company.
wat proof do u av dat dos invited were only those dat attached their cover letter

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Do I Have To Attach D Copies Of My Certificates, Weneva Am Asked 2 Submit A CV by GentleNaaz(m): 11:11pm On Sep 30, 2015
gommex:
wat proof do u av dat dos invited were only those dat attached their cover letter

Stop blind arguemnt. No employer entertains any application without cover letter. Cover letter is as indispensable as CV. B properly guided n informed.

1 Like

Re: Do I Have To Attach D Copies Of My Certificates, Weneva Am Asked 2 Submit A CV by timmyblast(m): 11:34pm On Sep 30, 2015
Can the cover letter be writing as a message on the email aside attaching cos thats what I do most times.
Re: Do I Have To Attach D Copies Of My Certificates, Weneva Am Asked 2 Submit A CV by GentleNaaz(m): 6:13am On Oct 01, 2015
timmyblast:
Can the cover letter be writing as a message on the email aside attaching cos thats what I do most times.
Its better u attach it. It may disorganise if u write it as message. Always attach it.
Re: Do I Have To Attach D Copies Of My Certificates, Weneva Am Asked 2 Submit A CV by chyna4luv: 8:32am On Oct 01, 2015
GeoOla25:
Hello Nairalanders,
I am a fresh graduate who as been burning internet data on various companies website and and various job sites searching for job opportunities, I will like to ask some few questions which I don't quite understand, because there is this usually says which says "lack of information brings about deformation", I don't want to be ignorant,firstly I will like to ask if there is any difference between CV and Resume and secondly whenever I am asked to send or upload my CV , am I going to upload or send the copies of certificates such as copies of O' level, Degree certificate and other with it , or that will be presented at the interview. I will appreciate your overall contributions, thanks for your contributions in Anticipation.

Funny question. Attach all documents(post nursary educatiion to date.)and get your application thrown in trash bin.

Disclaimer: just saying though.
Re: Do I Have To Attach D Copies Of My Certificates, Weneva Am Asked 2 Submit A CV by Nobody: 7:35am On Oct 02, 2015
GentleNaaz:

Stop blind arguemnt. No employer entertains any application without cover letter. Cover letter is as indispensable as CV. B properly guided n informed.
is not a blind arguement, is jus a fact that u cant seem to come to terms with

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Do I Have To Attach D Copies Of My Certificates, Weneva Am Asked 2 Submit A CV by GentleNaaz(m): 7:40am On Oct 02, 2015
gommex:
is not a blind arguement, is jus a fact that u cant seem to come to terms with
Suit urself
Re: Do I Have To Attach D Copies Of My Certificates, Weneva Am Asked 2 Submit A CV by timmyblast(m): 11:07am On Oct 09, 2015
GentleNaaz:

Its better u attach it. It may disorganise if u write it as message. Always attach it.
thanks
Re: Do I Have To Attach D Copies Of My Certificates, Weneva Am Asked 2 Submit A CV by timmyblast(m): 11:08am On Oct 09, 2015
GentleNaaz:

thanks. Not their fault, am looking for a job
Re: Do I Have To Attach D Copies Of My Certificates, Weneva Am Asked 2 Submit A CV by ajasa4link: 4:34pm On Oct 09, 2015
GentleNaaz:

Not true. A friend landed a mouth watering job last month and he didnt even submit any cover letter. In fact he didn't submit any credential until onboarding stage. And the company is one of the top 5 insurance companies in Nigeria,so it depends on the company.

1 Like

Re: Do I Have To Attach D Copies Of My Certificates, Weneva Am Asked 2 Submit A CV by GentleNaaz(m): 5:32pm On Oct 09, 2015
ajasa4link:

Not true. A friend landed a mouth watering job last month and he didnt even submit any cover letter. In fact he didn't submit any credential until onboarding stage. And the company is one of the top 5 insurance companies in Nigeria,so it depends on the company.
Ask ur friend. Either he/she got d job through referral or he has insider who masterminded his interview invite. He/she didnt gt d job by merely submitting invited or uninvited application.
Get it right dear. No recriuter/employer considers any application without cover letter.
Re: Do I Have To Attach D Copies Of My Certificates, Weneva Am Asked 2 Submit A CV by ajasa4link: 5:56pm On Oct 09, 2015
GentleNaaz:

Ask ur friend. Either he/she got d job through referral or he has insider who masterminded his interview invite. He/she didnt gt d job by merely submitting invited or uninvited application.
Get it right dear. No recriuter/employer considers any application without cover letter.
Oga stop arguing what u are not an authority on.
U see, this my friend, myself and about 4 of our ex-coursemate sent our cv to the Hr email of the company and we about 5 of us got invited for the aptitude test after which only my friend and myself progressed to the interview stage. We both got to the medical stage, but before the end of the recruitment process I got an offer from another company which I accepted and so I had to pend the insurance company but my friend concluded his own and got their offer. And it was at on boarding he submitted documents sef. So u see, there was nothing like insider work or anything.
My friend, when God says it's ur time, then it's definitely ur time. Forget about that cover letter story, the job I got sef I didn't even submit anything like application or cover letter, and I don't know anybody in the company.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Do I Have To Attach D Copies Of My Certificates, Weneva Am Asked 2 Submit A CV by GentleNaaz(m): 6:20pm On Oct 09, 2015
ajasa4link:

Oga stop arguing what u are not an authority on.
U see, this my friend, myself and about 4 of our ex-coursemate sent our cv to the Hr email of the company and we about 5 of us got invited for the aptitude test after which only my friend and myself progressed to the interview stage. We both got to the medical stage, but before the end of the recruitment process I got an offer from another company which I accepted and so I had to pend the insurance company but my friend concluded his own and got their offer. And it was at on boarding he submitted documents sef. So u see, there was nothing like insider work or anything.
My friend, when God says it's ur time, then it's definitely ur time. Forget about that cover letter story, the job I got sef I didn't even submit anything like application or cover letter, and I don't know anybody in the company.
Nice one dear
Re: Do I Have To Attach D Copies Of My Certificates, Weneva Am Asked 2 Submit A CV by Nobody: 9:13pm On Oct 09, 2015
GentleNaaz:
Nice one dear
noted

(1) (Reply)

N-power Is A Social Intervention Programme For The Unemployed In Nigeria. / International Jobs: Nigerians Are Turned Down / Which Skill Would You Like To Learn?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.