Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,296 members, 7,780,696 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 07:49 PM

Emir Sanusi's Response To Critics - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Emir Sanusi's Response To Critics (2471 Views)

Igbo Lady Tells Her Father About Her Yoruba Boyfriend & Got This Response / Ghanaian Lady Married To A 90-Year-Old White Man Slams Her Critics / In Response To A Previous Thread Created By Amara Okafor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Emir Sanusi's Response To Critics by closetoyou(f): 3:51pm On Sep 29, 2015
I find this response by HRH SLS quite gratifying:" I am sure NC members all have their views and have kept quiet out of (appropriate) deference to our right to make our individual choice. Obviously I do not need to explain anything to anyone in a purely personal matter but a few points are worthy of note:1. The lady in question is 18 and thererfore legally of age to marry under all laws and certainly inder Muslim law2. She is proceeding for her undergraduate education in the UK in january. She had an A in computer science in her O levels and plans to get a degree in computer science3 each and everyone of my wives is a university graduate and some have worked and fhen stopped and in each case the choice was purely theirs4. It is a tradition in Kano that emirs and princes in choosing wives consider issues beyond the individual. The family is inevery sense a social unit. My predecessor was married to princesses from Ilorin, Katsina and Somoto5 The relationship between the late Lamido of Adamawa Aliyu Musdafa the father of the current Lamido is well known. Lamido Aliyu was the first emir turbanned after emir Sanusi I and they remained close until Sanusi's death.6. My own relationship with the current Lamido dates back to 1981 when he was Ciroma and commissioner for works. By the way the Lamido and I are not illiterates we know whatwe are doing and he does have a PhD in Engineering7. My own mother was married in Adamawa and lived there for more than two decades and I have eight younger brothers and sisters from there8 it is therefore natural that if I choose to marry from another kingdom Adamawa would be the first choice for meand I am extremely happy to strengthen these ling historical bonds9. The young lady in question gave her free consent and even after the contract the wedding will not happen for a few years. By then she may be 21. If she freely consents to this I do not know on what moral grounds anyone has a grouse. She is an adult, she gave her consent, her educationis not being in anyway interrupted.10. The real issue is that people do not accept cultural difference. And you can see it in the approach to these issues. I am supposed to be urbane and western educated. Yes but i am not european. I am a northern Nigerian Fulani Muslim brought up in a setting exactly like the one my children are being brought up in.If you read this and it improves your understanding of this issue that is fine. If it does not justvremember it us not your life, it is not your daughter and you are not my wife thereforeit is not your business.I obviously cannot stoop to the level of responding publicly to these kinds of articles. I have always been an advocate ofgirls marrying after maturing. I personally like the minimum age of 18 even though i understand those who say 16 is fineand indeed this is the law in most so calked @advanced@ countries.Is this something that I expect a european or western trained or feminist mind to appreciate or endorse? Not at all.But has any american been bothered about my views on men marrying men or women marrying women which frankly I find primitive and bestial? No and my views do not matter. These are cultural issues.Even in Nigeria I have heard all this stuff as in Pius article about "north" and northerners. Again it is a failure to respect difference. There are parts if this country where parents expect their daughters to live with their boyfriends for years and actually get pregnant before they marry. It has become culture. We do not have that in the north and if your daughter gets pregnant before marriage she brings nothing but shame to the name. But we do not issue condemnations. We agree that this is how they choose to live. And i can give many other examples.When people use the term libido they do themselves injustice. First of all it shows how they view women and marriage. Women are nothing but the object of sexual desire. Marriage is nothing but sexual gratification.
Re: Emir Sanusi's Response To Critics by closetoyou(f): 3:53pm On Sep 29, 2015
Marriage is nothing but sexual gratification. Well I amsorry but in my tradition it is not. Beauty and attraction rank third after religion and lineage in the choice of a wife. They see an 18 year old young lady. I see a princess of noble birthwhose mother is also a princess, and who has been broughtup in a good muslim home. This is the kind of woman that isprepared for hiving birth to princes and bringing them up forthe role expected of them in society.Martiage is both social and political. Expanding the links of kano which have already been established by my predecessors through internarriage with katsina, sokoto, ilorin, katagum, ningi, bauchi etc to adamawa is an importantand signifant step and this is obvious to anyone with a sense of how royal families work and Ibn Khaldun's sociological concept of Asabiyyah. When the emir of Kano marries it has to be something beyond what he oersonally desires to what is appropriate for that position and the expectations of the people he represents. You dont just pickup any girl on the street. And by the way for thise who shout libido sex is cheap and available everywhere in all shapes and sizes and all colours if that is what they want. And all ages too. Martiage is a very different proposition. The mother of your children has to be something other than, ot at least much more than a mere object of sexual fantasy. But if you do not know that you need to buy yourself a brain.I have daughters. And they know they can only marry from certain backgrounds. I always prefer family. When my daughter wanted to marry mouftah baba ahmed's son and she asked me, knowing my views on family, i told her mouftah is family. And this is not about me and mouftah or me an hakeem or nafiu. No. It goes back to Baba Ahmed and Emirs Sanusi and Bayero. And the same rule applies to my sons. And it applied to me as well.It is I am sure very strange that I should even bother to comment on this. But it would be hypocritical for me to just keep quiet so long as these things are being posted and commented upon explicitly or in a snide manner. There was no secrecy in the marriage fatiha. The date was fixed and it was to be done in the central mosque after friday prayers. The day before we had a tragedy in Saudi Arabia and decided the fatiha must be very low key as a mark of respect for the dead. All traditional rulers in adamawa were there, as were governors and commissioners, members of my own emirate council and adamawa people. There is nothing here to hide or be apologetic about.The emirs of adamawa have shown love to my parents and grandparents and it is a sign of my appreciation of their lovethat i marry their daughter. This is the highest statement of friendship and loyalty on both sides.Again if you understand this this is fine. If you do not buy yourself a brain, A la Pius.In any event this is my one and final and only comment on this. And I am making it out of respect for NC members.MSII "‪#‎COPIED
Cc @lalasticlala @seun
Re: Emir Sanusi's Response To Critics by OVI75(m): 3:54pm On Sep 29, 2015
No source i dont blv it.
Re: Emir Sanusi's Response To Critics by kogirodent: 4:02pm On Sep 29, 2015
Hmmmm. The old man and the child virgin.

2 Likes

Re: Emir Sanusi's Response To Critics by osaslord500(m): 4:03pm On Sep 29, 2015
Source!! !
Re: Emir Sanusi's Response To Critics by Sweetyie(f): 4:14pm On Sep 29, 2015
Re: Emir Sanusi's Response To Critics by DanielJones: 5:23pm On Sep 29, 2015
He got me. Viewing the whole issue from his perspective, I think he's right. The lady is 18, (though a teenager) Nigerian law gives her freedom at such age to make decision for herself. Besides that, the cultural link is also a key. Don't let us get it twisted with the idea of globalisation; who/what sets the standard? The Western World, The Westernised or our Our Tradition?
Re: Emir Sanusi's Response To Critics by LordReed(m): 5:58pm On Sep 29, 2015
kogirodent:
Hmmmm. The old man and the child virgin.

An 18year old is a child?
Re: Emir Sanusi's Response To Critics by Nobody: 6:38pm On Sep 29, 2015
DanielJones:
He got me. Viewing the whole issue from his perspective, I think he's right. The lady is 18, (though a teenager) Nigerian law gives her freedom at such age to make decision for herself. Besides that, the cultural link is also a key. Don't let us get it twisted with the idea of globalisation; who/what sets the standard? The Western World, The Westernised or our Our Tradition?

So as long as it is permitted by law, it is ok? Would you say the same about the laws in the US before the Civil Rights Movement, which made discrimination on grounds of race legal? Would you say the same about the laws in South Africa during the apartheid era? Would you say the same about the laws in Nazi Germany? Would you say that it is ok for gays to marry because it is legal in some countries?

Reason should set the standards, not the Western world, not culture, neither religion.

I am not condemning this man, neither his wife, nor their families but I believe that something is terribly wrong with a 53-year-old marrying a TEENAGER.

My reasons:

The average life expectancy of a Nigerian man is 52 years. Let us say that he, as a well-to-do man, will reach the average life expectancy men in developing countries reach, which is 78. This means that he has 25 more years to live (going by the Nigerian life expectancy, he already entered the coffin with one leg). By the time he dies, she will be 43, that is, I repeat when he reaches the life expectancy of a man in a developing country. She will be a fairly young widow and her marriage prospects will be bleak in a country like Nigeria. Is she to spend her remaining years alone? Is she not supposed to enjoy her old age with a husband by her side? Or will she soon have to take care of him like a nurse? Is she mature enough to deal with the problems old age comes along with?

What about their kids? They will still be pretty young when he dies. They shouldn't have a father for as long as possible?

What about the risks late fatherhood has on the health of the children?

Then, what do these two people have in common? Will he be her partner or her mentor, a fatherly figure? What is marriage about? Companion and friendship or mentoring and s.ex? What about the different social interests and attitudes?

What about the impact his marriage has on his older kids? What will be the impact on his daughters who see their father with a GIRL who is their age-mate? What about his sons who will date girls who are their stepmother's age? Do they have to worry about their father lusting after them? Can his daughters-in-law look up to him as a fatherly figure? I don't think so.

What about his parents-in-law? Are they his age-mates? How does it affect family counseling in times of a crisis where the elderly are asked for advice?

What about the different levels of fitness? How will it affect their se.xual life?

Last but not least, even without all these arguments, many people can sense that there is something unnatural and weird for a man at his age to be sleeping with a teenager.

Just because nature made it so that men can have children till the day they die, it does not mean that it is recommendable.

7 Likes

Re: Emir Sanusi's Response To Critics by Timbuktuo: 7:19pm On Sep 29, 2015
This guy fall hand. He owes noone any explanation at all. He has done nothing wrong and should carry on with his life. Anybody with a problem with his decision is free to take it up in a court of law or do the needful; there are millions of transformers running as we speak.

1 Like

Re: Emir Sanusi's Response To Critics by Stillfire: 8:52pm On Sep 29, 2015
She's old enough. Northern girls even look forward to marrying older men. lipsrsealed
I expected more from Sanusi though with all the education, damn. cheesy
What am I saying? Expect more ke? grin There is no difference between an educated naija man and a village palm wine tapper when it comes to d.ick matters. grin

3 Likes

Re: Emir Sanusi's Response To Critics by ifyalways(f): 9:53pm On Sep 29, 2015
I don't like him but he made valid points.

The girl saw it coming and probably cool with the arrangement so what gives? Happiness is relative and I'm sure she will be happy in the marriage.

1 Like

Re: Emir Sanusi's Response To Critics by Nobody: 9:54pm On Sep 29, 2015
In the bid to voice our unsolicited opinions we tend to forget that the person involved might be happy with the decisions they make. If she is old enough to vote, wasn't coerced or forced, I'm fine with it.
We are so moral and judgmental when it comes to others.
Re: Emir Sanusi's Response To Critics by bukatyne(f): 9:54pm On Sep 29, 2015
Mindfulness:

So as long as it is permitted by law, it is ok? Would you say the same about the laws in the US before the Civil Rights Movement, which made discrimination on grounds of race legal? Would you say the same about the laws in South Africa during the apartheid era? Would you say the same about the laws in Nazi Germany? Would you say that it is ok for gays to marry because it is legal in some countries?

Reason should set the standards, not the Western world, not culture, neither religion.

I am not condemning this man, neither his wife, nor their families but I believe that something is terribly wrong with a 53-year-old marrying a TEENAGER.

My reasons:

The average life expectancy of a Nigerian man is 52 years. Let us say that he, as a well-to-do man, will reach the average life expectancy men in developing countries reach, which is 78. This means that he has 25 more years to live (going by the Nigerian life expectancy, he already entered the coffin with one leg). By the time he dies, she will be 43, that is, I repeat when he reaches the life expectancy of a man in a developing country. She will be a fairly young widow and her marriage prospects will be bleak in a country like Nigeria. Is she to spend her remaining years alone? Is she not supposed to enjoy her old age with a husband by her side? Or will she soon have to take care of him like a nurse? Is she mature enough to deal with the problems old age comes along with?

What about their kids? They will still be pretty young when he dies. They shouldn't have a father for as long as possible?

Then, what do these two people have in common? Will he be her partner or her mentor, a fatherly figure? What is marriage about? Companion and friendship or mentoring and s.ex? What about the different social interests and attitudes?

What about the impact his marriage has on his older kids? What will be the impact on his daughters who see their father with a GIRL who is their age-mate? What about his sons who will date girls who are their stepmother's age? Do they have to worry about their father lusting after them? Can his daughters-in-law look up to him as a fatherly figure? I don't think so.

What about his parents-in-law? Are they his age-mates? How does it affect family counseling in times of a crisis where the elderly are asked for advice?

What about the different levels of fitness? How will it affect their se.xual life?

Last but not least, even without all these arguments, many people can sense that there is something unnatural and weird for a man at his age to be sleeping with a teenager.

Just because nature made it so that men can have children till the day they die, it does not mean that it is recommendable.

True true.

Again, the girl knows What was getting into so....

Let them carry go.
Re: Emir Sanusi's Response To Critics by Nobody: 10:43pm On Sep 29, 2015
bukatyne:

True true.

Again, the girl knows What was getting into so....

Let them carry go.

I am not sure she did. Anyway, not my problem.
Re: Emir Sanusi's Response To Critics by Sagamite(m): 6:06pm On Nov 10, 2015
IyawoDoctor:
In the bid to voice our unsolicited opinions we tend to forget that the person involved might be happy with the decisions they make. If she is old enough to vote, wasn't coerced or forced, I'm fine with it.
We are so moral and judgmental when it comes to others.

You couldn't have said it better.

If there is no law broken and she had a free choice, then I can never understand the bruhaha.

Some people would not understand why someone would be attracted to a man or woman that ways 150kg. Some people would not understand why anyone would marry a disabled person. Some people would not understand why anyone would marry a dwarf.

All these might not fit our personal perspective of ideal couples but if they fancy each other and are not breaking any laws, who are we to condemn their individual choices?

You can only condemn it if you believe it should be illegal and have some consistent logical arguments on what parameters the outlawing would follow.

2 Likes

Re: Emir Sanusi's Response To Critics by raumdeuter: 6:43pm On Nov 10, 2015
What is wrong with a 53yr old marrying a teenager?

Both of them are adults and legal . In no country is this a crime

Soon we would be question if its normal for a dark man to marry a fair woman

1 Like

Re: Emir Sanusi's Response To Critics by Nobody: 7:13pm On Nov 10, 2015
Which of you women commenting on this thread were virgins at 18?

2 Likes

Re: Emir Sanusi's Response To Critics by ApexTitan(m): 10:14pm On Nov 10, 2015
Its only busy bodies and self-appointed social justice warriors that will condemn what they don't understand. Sanusi should pay them no mind here.

1 Like

Re: Emir Sanusi's Response To Critics by TV01(m): 11:50pm On Nov 10, 2015
Carefree is this how your whole frame simply disintegrates grin. You position on the other thread - wannabe husband snatcher - was the women "had the right", based solely on proclamations of love. How does that not fit in this instance?

What right did that woman have that made her feelings actionable - regardless of the fallout and potential harm to others? Unless you explain otherwise, I see your position as the height of hypocrisy.

Mindfulness:
You appeal to reason cheesy. Based on what, having rejected law, culture and religion - like all of these are devoid of reason cheesy. Laughable. And the source of that reason is whom or what exactly?

Mindfulness:
But condemning them is exactly what you are doing, albeit in a tacit manner - what is wrong with this based on your previously applied framework?

Mindfulness:
My reasons:

Your reasons are all bogus - and based purely on your feelings. There is absolutely nothing wrong with the age difference. If they are both of age and consenting - as are their families.

You term it unnatural, because you don't like it. Bah humbug grin!

For the record, I would also question this and maybe ask some of the same questions, but my worldview allows that without any inconsistency - yours doesn't cool

New moniker, same old lame positions - deactivate and try again. Although repentance will do the trick much more assuredly wink

TV

3 Likes

Re: Emir Sanusi's Response To Critics by Nobody: 6:44am On Nov 11, 2015
TV01:
Carefree is this how your whole frame simply disintegrates grin. You position on the other thread - wannabe husband snatcher - was the women "had the right", based solely on proclamations of love. How does that not fit in this instance?

What right did that woman have that made her feelings actionable - regardless of the fallout and potential harm to others? Unless you explain otherwise, I see your position as the height of hypocrisy.

You appeal to reason cheesy. Based on what, having rejected law, culture and religion - like all of these are devoid of reason cheesy. Laughable. And the source of that reason is whom or what exactly?

But condemning them is exactly what you are doing, albeit in a tacit manner - what is wrong with this based on your previously applied framework?

Your reasons are all bogus - and based purely on your feelings. There is absolutely nothing wrong with the age difference. If they are both of age and consenting - as are their families.

You term it unnatural, because you don't like it. Bah humbug grin!

For the record, I would also question this and maybe ask some of the same questions, but my worldview allows that without any inconsistency - yours doesn't cool

New moniker, same old lame positions - deactivate and try again. Although repentance will do the trick much more assuredly wink

TV

@bold

Very funny.

For your information, people have assigned different identities to me. You are free to continue.

I am that I am. cool Divine. wink

By the way, if you were able to connect to the divine source within yourself, Bukatyne's comments wouldn't hurt you for days but like you said TV01, we reap what we sow. wink
Re: Emir Sanusi's Response To Critics by nicerod(m): 8:25am On Nov 11, 2015
1st to comment gud morning peeps
Re: Emir Sanusi's Response To Critics by TV01(m): 12:47pm On Nov 11, 2015
You get sorrier by the moment undecided!

Not even the usual lame attempt to explain or justify your framework, let alone rebut the content of my post.

Mindfulness:
@bold
Very funny.
Very true!

Mindfulness:
For your information, people have assigned different identities to me. You are free to continue.
I am that I am. cool Divine. wink
In truth, I don't really care - although I tagged from the first post I read - who you are. I discuss principles not personalities. Indeed, all told, Carefree actually delivered more and better. You are not even yourself grin

...let alone divine. The bible talks about those "whose god is their belly" - your worship and live by your feelings. That's more akin to bestial than divine.

Mindfulness:
By the way, if you were able to connect to the divine source within yourself, Bukatyne's comments wouldn't hurt you for days but like you said TV01, we reap what we sow. wink
Why are you trying to deflect by bringing Bukatyne into it? Her sneaky, but characteristic, attempt to lure me to that thread and ambush me backfired spectaculalrly.

Who can fight the truth? - which is by the way truly divine cool! Whether she came alone or was sent, she was always doomed to fail - not least because she simply lacks the smarts. As thick as two short planks is our Buka. And if anyone smarter comes, they will also stumble and fall.

Her snide and deceitful allegations where totally groundless, which she proved by aggressively repeating them, and then failing to back them up when challenged.

I was in no way hurt, but rightly made a point of not letting her mislead people as to my views, or misacribe things to me. That could undo a lot of the work I've done here, and mean some people may read my posts with prejudiced eyes. She and her whole coven no reesh cool!

Bukatyne will serve her well deseved punishment - which I'll dispense at my leisure.

Now repent, or far worse punishment than I could dish out awaits you kiss

TV

2 Likes

Re: Emir Sanusi's Response To Critics by Nobody: 6:03pm On Nov 11, 2015
TV01:
You get sorrier by the moment undecided!

Not even the usual lame attempt to explain or justify your framework, let alone rebut the content of my post.

Very true!

In truth, I don't really care - although I tagged from the first post I read - who you are. I discuss principles not personalities. Indeed, all told, Carefree actually delivered more and better. You are not even yourself grin

...let alone divine. The bible talks about those "whose god is their belly" - your worship and live by your feelings. That's more akin to bestial than divine.

Why are you trying to deflect by bringing Bukatyne into it? Her sneaky, but characteristic, attempt to lure me to that thread and ambush me backfired spectaculalrly.

Who can fight the truth? - which is by the way truly divine cool! Whether she came alone or was sent, she was always doomed to fail - not least because she simply lacks the smarts. As thick as two short planks is our Buka. And if anyone smarter comes, they will also stumble and fall.

Her snide and deceitful allegations where totally groundless, which she proved by aggressively repeating them, and then failing to back them up when challenged.

I was in no way hurt, but rightly made a point of not letting her mislead people as to my views, or misacribe things to me. That could undo a lot of the work I've done here, and mean some people may read my posts with prejudiced eyes. She and her whole coven no reesh cool!

Bukatyne will serve her well deseved punishment - which I'll dispense at my leisure.

Now repent, or far worse punishment than I could dish out awaits you kiss

TV

Repentance is for those with a guilty conscience, I know no such. I come from a place of pure joy. smiley
Brighten up TV01, you are a good man, you deserve to feel good too. wink

1 Like

Re: Emir Sanusi's Response To Critics by TV01(m): 11:08am On Nov 12, 2015
Mindfulness:
Repentance is for those with a guilty conscience, I know no such. I come from a place of pure joy. smiley
Brighten up TV01, you are a good man, you deserve to feel good too. wink
To have a guilty conscience, you must first have a conscience, no? If you willfully and selfishly base your joy on the unhappiness of others, there wil be a price to pay. Convincing yourself or others to the contrary, in order to normalise it, won't change that.

Why call me good? There is none good but God. I won't join you in justyfying myself or my actions, based on feelings or desires, or what others have to say - let me visit that prove yourself thread sef!

TV
Re: Emir Sanusi's Response To Critics by Nobody: 3:16pm On Nov 12, 2015
TV01:

To have a guilty conscience, you must first have a conscience, no? If you willfully and selfishly base your joy on the unhappiness of others, there wil be a price to pay. Convincing yourself or others to the contrary, in order to normalise it, won't change that.

Why call me good? There is none good but God.I won't join you in justyfying myself or my actions, based on feelings or desires, or what others have to say - let me visit that prove yourself thread sef!

TV

Whatever you say and no matter how hard you try, nothing can change the way I feel - GORGEOUS! wink wink smiley

You can continue feeling miserable if you think that it will get you to heaven. Your religion is your choice and I couldn't care less.
Re: Emir Sanusi's Response To Critics by TV01(m): 9:39pm On Nov 12, 2015
Mindfulness:
Whatever you say and no matter how hard you try, nothing can change the way I feel - GORGEOUS! wink wink smiley
How you feel as a result of your actions does not necessarily justify those actions - right standing is not based on feelings, nor what you term them.

Mindfulness:
You can continue feeling miserable if you think that it will get you to heaven. Your religion is your choice and I couldn't care less.
How did you deduce misery? You seem to think that making conscious moral choices leads to misery? Quite a stretch, but then to validate and self-justify people will go to any lengths

Au contrairé - right standing and eternity with with My Creator is a source of boundless joy, whatever the feeling. I'll leave you with - or perhaps without - your conscience. Keep self-justifying.

TV

...but indeed, if worshipping God means misery is my lot, so be it...Hebrews 11:25 - choosing rather to suffer affliction with the people of God than to enjoy the passing pleasures of sin...
Re: Emir Sanusi's Response To Critics by crackhaus: 10:13pm On Nov 12, 2015
The real issue is that people do not accept cultural difference. And you can see it in the approach to these issues. I am supposed to be urbane and western educated. Yes but i am not european. I am a northern Nigerian Fulani Muslim brought up in a setting exactly like the one my children are being brought up in. If you read this and it improves your understanding of this issue, that is fine. If it does not, just remember it us not your life, it is not your daughter and you are not my wife therefore it is not your business.I obviously cannot stoop to the level of responding publicly to these kinds of articles. I have always been an advocate of girls marrying after maturing. I personally like the minimum age of 18 even though i understand those who say 16 is fine and indeed this is the law in most so called advanced countries.
Is this something that I expect a european or western trained or feminist mind to appreciate or endorse? Not at all. But has any american been bothered about my views on men marrying men or women marrying women which frankly I find primitive and bestial? No, and my views do not matter. These are cultural issues.
This is for the novice-team of internet and paper pseudo-feminists who haven't yet acquired the intellectual right to condemn a man of Emir Sanusi's status... cheesycheesy

I guess the well schooled and well travelled intellectual, former governor of the Central Bank of Nigeria must also be a cave man for marrying an 18yr old.... Buahahaha gringrin
Re: Emir Sanusi's Response To Critics by crackhaus: 10:17pm On Nov 12, 2015
Mindfulness:

Are you the one to decide what is or is not recommendable? gringrin
Re: Emir Sanusi's Response To Critics by babygirlfl: 10:38pm On Nov 12, 2015
Sagamite:

You couldn't have said it better.

If there is no law broken and she had a free choice, then I can never understand the bruhaha.

Some people would not understand why someone would be attracted to a man or woman that ways 150kg. Some people would not understand why anyone would marry a disabled person. Some people would not understand why anyone would marry a dwarf.

All these might not fit our personal perspective of ideal couples but if they fancy each other and are not breaking any laws, who are we to condemn their individual choices?

You can only condemn it if you believe it should be illegal and have some consistent logical arguments on what parameters the outlawing would follow.

Well said. Their life their CHOICE. As long as the couple are within consent age and not forced into going into that marriage, there is no problem. Men all over the world marry women young enough to be their daughter.

For most people the problem has never been men marrying girls young enough to be their daughter. The problem is when these girls are forced or have no say in the marriage they are getting into.
Re: Emir Sanusi's Response To Critics by Nobody: 11:11pm On Nov 12, 2015
So because Sanusi is well educated & well travelled, married an 18years old means he's sensible and sophiscated?.

Newsflash; Islamic religion permits paedophilia.
Even a well educated Senator Yerima married an 11 abi na 13years old girl and according to some pepper soup logic, he's right because he's well-educated & probably well travelled.

All in all, it's none of my business.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Emir Sanusi's Response To Critics by raumdeuter: 11:14pm On Nov 12, 2015
FrancisTony:
So because Sanusi is well educated & well travelled, married an 18years old means he's sensible and sophiscated?.

Newsflash; Islamic religion permits paedophilia.
Even a well educated Senator Yerima married an 11 abi na 13years old girl and according to some pepper soup logic, he's right because he's well-educated & probably well travelled.

All in all, it's none of my business.

Can I ask you what is wrong in what Sanusi has done?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Please Advise Is Needed Urgently / Advice Needed About Getting Married / The Sad Lives Of Single Mothers With Sons

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 106
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.