Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,466 members, 7,808,667 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:08 PM

The Humans Of Ogun State (street Photography) - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / The Humans Of Ogun State (street Photography) (38640 Views)

Customs Officers Cause Accident In Ogun State (Disturbing Photos) / Street Photography Of Banjul, Gambia (All Photos) / ''Don't Browse Here' Written In A Taxi In Ogun State (PICS ) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Humans Of Ogun State (street Photography) by aitop(m): 8:14pm On Sep 29, 2015
This is a thread for The Humans in Ogun State.
For some times now I've wanted to go into street photography but I was not so eager and encouraged to go into it until I later found a thread created by tochiphotos titled the humans of Lagos, then I felt more encouraged to start the project immediately though I couldn't start on time as promised on the thread for some reasons.

This thread is a photography thread that will be focusing on capturing and sharing stories of humans in Ogun state.

Though the project is all about the humans of Ogun state but for a start most pictures will be coming from Abeokuta, state capital of Ogun state. I strongly believe as time passes by other places in Ogun state will be touched.

Welcoming everyone to the thread as well inviting you to like our Facebook page https://m.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1471495759826875

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Humans Of Ogun State (street Photography) by aitop(m): 8:18pm On Sep 29, 2015
I'm a citizen of Benin Republic, I came to Nigeria to work for some time then I will be traveling back to my country to finish up my programme being an economics student.

It has been interesting living in Nigeria; Ogun state, Abeokuta precisely.

My observation; it has not been easy to be friends with Nigerians because Nigerians are naturally smart people, you have to be extra conscious when dealing with them. I am talking from my own personal experience.

39 Likes 4 Shares

Re: The Humans Of Ogun State (street Photography) by aitop(m): 8:37pm On Sep 29, 2015
We love skating so much.
I remember a day i had accident while skating along a bad road, i miscalculated and fell terribly. That day I felt embarrassed not because I was injured but how people shouted at me as well looking at me out of pity. The injury was so bad I had to stop skating for some weeks. During this period I really missed skating.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Humans Of Ogun State (street Photography) by aitop(m): 10:20pm On Sep 29, 2015
I'm looking forward to archieving something great in few years time.

4 Likes

Re: The Humans Of Ogun State (street Photography) by Lobolintin(m): 11:47pm On Sep 29, 2015
Dude... Give me something solid......

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Humans Of Ogun State (street Photography) by aitop(m): 6:53am On Sep 30, 2015
Lobolintin:
Dude... Give me something solid......
OK bro, do you mean without blurry background

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Humans Of Ogun State (street Photography) by aitop(m): 5:16pm On Sep 30, 2015
Market has not been moving so well this days. I like Amosun (current Ogun state governor) so mush and he is really trying for ogun state, but something very important "money" is not flowing as it were unlike Gbenga Daniel regime, you just need to see people eager to spend money buying phone unlike now you hardly make good sales in a day.
I'm hoping to start my H.N.D soonest which I strongly believe God will pave way on that.

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Humans Of Ogun State (street Photography) by aitop(m): 7:02pm On Sep 30, 2015
Anything that looks like food always goes into the mouth.

47 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Humans Of Ogun State (street Photography) by aitop(m): 9:35am On Oct 02, 2015
There is a common saying that the future is determined by God, yes it is, but your presence will definitely affect your future. In other to affect my future positively ive decided do something instead of staying at home idle. I just started this business some couple of months ago and I thank God I could make savings from it since I started.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Humans Of Ogun State (street Photography) by aitop(m): 9:37am On Oct 02, 2015
Last year independence day celebration was rough, fighting here and there, I thank God it’s all different this time around, security personnel are everywhere.
So far I’ve seen some improvement within the short period of time since this regime took over, I strongly believe by this time around next year there will be a great improvement, a lot of improvement I repeat.

1 Like

Re: The Humans Of Ogun State (street Photography) by aitop(m): 9:39am On Oct 02, 2015
We are all excited to be here today.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Humans Of Ogun State (street Photography) by aitop(m): 9:41am On Oct 02, 2015
I'm not really expecting anything much from independence day celebration more than what is happening currently.
I’m looking forward seeing a better country in a year to this time, a country where the life of people will be safe, a country you will be proud of.

10 Likes

Re: The Humans Of Ogun State (street Photography) by aitop(m): 9:49am On Oct 02, 2015
This year independence day celebration is far better than last year, everywhere is calm, people are more relaxed.
I want this government to think about the citizen of its country, to act exactly to what they promised, I don’t want their free distribution of food or money but what will better the life of everyone. A country everyone will be so glad and eager to live house for work and come home with excitement.
It was far better during our parents time because it reflected on us not until they started looking beyond the people that voted them in.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Humans Of Ogun State (street Photography) by aitop(m): 9:51am On Oct 02, 2015
I want this government to work on helping the less privileged, they are silently sitting somewhere without hope of been thought of, or if government can ever have any plan for them. I want government to provide job.

3 Likes

Re: The Humans Of Ogun State (street Photography) by aitop(m): 9:52am On Oct 02, 2015
People didn’t turn out so well this time around unlike last year, the crowd was far away from what I saw today, maybe people felt there would be a lot of fighting just exactly what happened last year.

3 Likes

Re: The Humans Of Ogun State (street Photography) by Nobody: 12:47pm On Oct 02, 2015
Beautiful!
*following* smiley

cc Lalasticlala, dominique, Seun. FP!

1 Like

Re: The Humans Of Ogun State (street Photography) by aitop(m): 1:36pm On Oct 02, 2015
FrancisTony:
Beautiful!
*following* smiley
thanks

2 Likes

Re: The Humans Of Ogun State (street Photography) by UniqueGem(m): 5:08pm On Oct 02, 2015
Op nice work.
But I suggest you focus more on asking people what their biggest challenges are in life and steps they're taking to overcome them. Just look for questions that'll make them tell you something deep, touchy and insightful. Then pick something interesting from the many things they must have said.
I make this suggestion not because you're not doing it right but because after reading what you have so far, i think you're being too usual, asking them about the situation of the country and all that. Humans of Ogun should be about the life of Humans of ogun and not Ogun itself or the nation at large.
Just my suggestion tho. Nice work nevertheless.

37 Likes

Re: The Humans Of Ogun State (street Photography) by aitop(m): 8:26pm On Oct 02, 2015
UniqueGem:
Op nice work.
But I suggest you focus more on asking people what their biggest challenges are in life and steps they're taking to overcome them. Just look for questions that'll make them tell you something deep, touchy and insightful. Then pick something interesting from the many things they must have said.
I make this suggestion not because you're not doing it right but because after reading what you have so far, i think you're being too usual, asking them about the situation of the country and all that. Humans of Ogun should be about the life of Humans of ogun and not Ogun itself or the nation at large.
Just my suggestion tho. Nice work nevertheless.
I really appreciate your suggestion and I promise to do something very different next day street work. The uploads so far was taken during yesterday independence day celebration, no time for long talk, I did everything snappy and conscious, and everyone was so busy. once again I really appreciate your comment.

5 Likes

Re: The Humans Of Ogun State (street Photography) by aitop(m): 11:28pm On Oct 02, 2015
I had a very embarrassing moment when someone stole a laptop I wanted to use for assignment; it was embarrassing because the laptop wasn’t mine. It all happened on Sunday evening when I came back from church, I went straight to my hostel, I dropped the laptop with my bible on the bed then I went out, lo and behold I couldn’t see the laptop when I came back, I was totally shocked, fear came in because what was missing wasn’t mine. I told everyone in the compound about it but almost everyone didn’t believe me because they’ve never seen a laptop with me before. I was so embarrassed during this period, first from the person that owns the laptop and secondly how my hostel mate reacted as if I was lying about the whole thing. I thank God He finally helped me out, to cut the story short the person who stole the laptop was later cut in another incident that led to my own case and that’s how I got out from that mess. During this period I prayed to God to intervene and He did exactly as I prayed.

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Humans Of Ogun State (street Photography) by justi4jesu(f): 4:44am On Oct 03, 2015
Following......
Re: The Humans Of Ogun State (street Photography) by Nobody: 8:37am On Oct 03, 2015
Hello aitop

Great work for your first attempt, a few comments please take them in good faith.

1. Please edit some words e.g its independence day not independent day
2. Its much not mush
3. I really like the photo of the child but I hope you got some permission from a guardian before taking pictures of a minor.

Lastly don't be in a rush, find your own pace, take photographs and the stories will follow.
Be inspired by others but run your own race

14 Likes

Re: The Humans Of Ogun State (street Photography) by TochiPhotos(m): 10:06am On Oct 03, 2015
Nice one bro cheesy really happy you finally started, the hardest part is starting. Remember not everybody will agree to your request so don't feel bad if you get turned down, just focus on the yes(s) and positives, it will only get easier and better from here.
And as I said before, do not hesitate to reach out if you need help with anything.

Have fun bro cheesy

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Humans Of Ogun State (street Photography) by Nobody: 10:30am On Oct 03, 2015
nice work
definitely following
Re: The Humans Of Ogun State (street Photography) by aitop(m): 11:06am On Oct 03, 2015
@salera, thanks for your observations.
1-2. I've corrected the typo errors though it looks obviously not typo errors. Thanks for the correction.
3. Yeah, the mother of the child was aware about the shot as well the upload. Thanks for your observations once again.

2 Likes

Re: The Humans Of Ogun State (street Photography) by aitop(m): 11:20am On Oct 03, 2015
@Tochisphoto, I've sent a mail to you.
Re: The Humans Of Ogun State (street Photography) by ijbeauty(f): 6:23pm On Oct 04, 2015
Nice one....
Following

1 Like

Re: The Humans Of Ogun State (street Photography) by nanaiza: 7:19pm On Oct 04, 2015
I like.
As it is my state of origin and I am not too familiar with it, it will help to know it better, the people, their likes, dislikes, hardships.

so in addition to what those above me have said focus on the people, the culture. The narration still needs a bit of depth (not saying you are doing a bad job)
Thumbs up to you guys.

I am definitely following.

2 Likes

Re: The Humans Of Ogun State (street Photography) by aitop(m): 9:50pm On Oct 04, 2015
If there is anything bothering me is nothing than going to school.
Doing this business makes me feel bad most times because while I'm hustling my mates are in school learning. You know when you are left without option what would someone do than to continue doing the job as well continue to hope for a better time ahead.
The profit gotten from this business can not take me to anywhere because feeding alone takes the greatest out of the profit.
I came from east, I hope going back to my state if I find means and as well go back to school.

29 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Humans Of Ogun State (street Photography) by aitop(m): 2:17pm On Oct 05, 2015
In a very big well organized church I learnt playing trombone instrument, I was good playing the instrument. After some time I determined to learn playing violin when I saw a performance by a young man, the inspiration seeing the young man playing classical piece made me determined to learn violin. After a year or two learning violin i started playing classical pieces, i devoted my time practicing, and I practiced so well I was versatile playing classical pieces offhand.
There was a period during my early 20s I enjoyed so much, this period was the most joyous moment while growing up because I was popular and respected to be talented violinist within the church organization. Many people wanted to associate themselves with me especially the ladies.
During this period I got my dad attention, he was ready to please me, buy things for me according to my request. People bought very high quality violin for me after seeing my performance, and lot of gifts here and there.
Unfortunately I was carried away not seeing beyond my presence, I had series of problems with the ladies. Only a short period of time the hype started depreciating.
Right now I'm getting ready to marry in fact I will be settling down this month.

12 Likes

Re: The Humans Of Ogun State (street Photography) by aitop(m): 10:06pm On Oct 05, 2015
I'm just an ordinary bicycle rider, I don't do extreme though I love to watch people doing it but it's no no for me currently, it's too dangerous. I stopped doing extreme when I got injured, that was when I was more younger and since then I stopped it.

6 Likes

Re: The Humans Of Ogun State (street Photography) by aitop(m): 10:28pm On Oct 06, 2015
Not quite long I mistakenly damaged my customer's tube while pumping air into it, he was very mad at me, but before he finished blowing his grammar I'd already bought a replacement.
I didn't know what I was thinking that I allowed myself to damage his tube. So, anytime I'm working I try as much as possible to concentrate or else what happened in 1976 will certainly repeat itself again.

37 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Weekend Getaway At Niagara Falls Canada With Pictures / 7 Burnt To Death As Commercial Bus Catches Fire In Lagos / Beware Of Phone Browsing History When Traveling

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.