Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,896 members, 7,802,882 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 01:28 AM

Should Christian Women Wear Trouser ? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Should Christian Women Wear Trouser ? (2402 Views)

Gloria Bamiloye: "Why Wearing Of Trousers By Christian Women Is Not Good" / Should Christian Women Wear Makeup Or Jewelry? / Will Females Using Attachments, Jewellery And Trouser Go To Hell? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should Christian Women Wear Trouser ? by Peteru82(m): 8:38pm On Sep 29, 2015
It Always Suprise Me Whenever I See Some Women Wearing Trouser Even To The Church , And Our Pastors Did Not Complain When The Scripture Say Women Should'nt Wear That Which Pertain To Men. Or How Do You View This? Is It The Fault Of Their Pastors Or Their Own Fault?
Re: Should Christian Women Wear Trouser ? by DebbyChris(f): 8:44pm On Sep 29, 2015
Christian women shouldn't wear trousers, deuteronomy22:5. But 21st century christians like twisting the scriptures to what they want.

1 Like

Re: Should Christian Women Wear Trouser ? by angieberry(f): 8:48pm On Sep 29, 2015
This is what happens when you keep on reading the old testament.
The two posters above me, so wearing trousers will take me to hell?
Re: Should Christian Women Wear Trouser ? by dejitenaj(m): 8:58pm On Sep 29, 2015
wow! the poster above me tho
so the old testament is not part of the Bible?
well my take: whatever is wrong, is definitely wrong we are all guilty of it but that doesn't change the standard of God

1 Like

Re: Should Christian Women Wear Trouser ? by Vince77(m): 9:00pm On Sep 29, 2015
Who made trousers men's wears?

1 Like

Re: Should Christian Women Wear Trouser ? by plappville(f): 9:12pm On Sep 29, 2015
Men and women trousers are made out of the same material and with the same manufacturing process. But the gender specification is different. Same thing with the Africa Wrapper. Ask yourself, does this passage truelly forbid a woman to wear trouser or forbid an African man to tie woman wrapper? Or forbid the English men from wearing shirt? Trousers, skirts, or gowns and even wrapper were all imported cultures that African adopted from Europeans. If you discuss Deut 22: 5 from cultural point of view, u will not ve a problem but try to use your Igbo, Yoruba, Urhobo or African culture to judge others, you will be biased. Two principles should be sink in ur mind. First, the Christian should dress appropriate to his gender. This distinction, incidentally, is apparent in all cultures. Second, a believer should dress modestly. Dress in a manner that does not solicit illicit sexual interest.
Re: Should Christian Women Wear Trouser ? by plappville(f): 9:16pm On Sep 29, 2015
Vince77:
Who made trousers men's wears?

Thank you. That was a nice question.Culture has its dressing code. Indians, Saudi Arabia etc have thier dressing code.

1 Like

Re: Should Christian Women Wear Trouser ? by plappville(f): 9:18pm On Sep 29, 2015
DebbyChris:
Christian women shouldn't wear trousers, deuteronomy22:5. But 21st century christians like twisting the scriptures to what they want.

Take a look at this picture....can u fit in the woman style and walk confortablely in the street ?

Re: Should Christian Women Wear Trouser ? by Peteru82(m): 9:18pm On Sep 29, 2015
Twisting The Word Of God Can Not Help Us Grow Spiritualy, Whenever His Message Comes To Us Let's Obey!
Re: Should Christian Women Wear Trouser ? by plappville(f): 10:46pm On Sep 29, 2015
Peteru82:
Twisting The Word Of God Can Not Help Us Grow Spiritualy, Whenever His Message Comes To Us Let's Obey!

What is Nigeria men and women attire ? Tell me who among the both should be sinning please. Because both use wrapper. You people should stop misinterpretin the bible. I am not in support of ladies who have no dressing code when going to church. There is a house dress code, office, party code even bedroom code. 2hen i go to work i dress properly. I cant wear a short to work. No its against my office code. But this doesnt means i cannot wear it 2hen am home. By the way, Didn't the bible says love not the world nither the things of it? Is your computer, tv not worldly things? if you are to interpretate this verse literally.
Re: Should Christian Women Wear Trouser ? by Wenebadu(f): 11:06pm On Sep 29, 2015
Trouser is for protection but wen u wear it for attraction then it's a sin
Re: Should Christian Women Wear Trouser ? by misreal(m): 7:29am On Sep 30, 2015
plappville:
Men and women trousers are made out of the same material and with the same manufacturing process. But the gender specification is different. Same thing with the Africa Wrapper. Ask yourself, does this passage truelly forbid a woman to wear trouser or forbid an African man to tie woman wrapper? Or forbid the English men from wearing shirt? Trousers, skirts, or gowns and even wrapper were all imported cultures that African adopted from Europeans. If you discuss Deut 22: 5 from cultural point of view, u will not ve a problem but try to use your Igbo, Yoruba, Urhobo or African culture to judge others, you will be biased. Two principles should be sink in ur mind. First, the Christian should dress appropriate to his gender. This distinction, incidentally, is apparent in all cultures. Second, a believer should dress modestly. Dress in a manner that does not solicit illicit sexual interest.
so the Bible or God is foolish for placing that scripture there abi ?the truth is very bitter indeed.

1 Like

Re: Should Christian Women Wear Trouser ? by Scholar8200(m): 7:56am On Sep 30, 2015
To start with, it is wrong to say it is their culture in the US or any developed country! The practice of women wearing trousers was not seen in the 16th-18th Century (and snow still fell then!) meaning it is a new practice that has nothing to do with the culture of the West! It is a practice that arose in fashion and which was seen as egregious because of how the trouser helped highlight that which should be covered thus violating the scripture that exhorts to modesty and avoidance of that which has the potential of making the weak to fall thus the wearer becomes culpable.

Moreover, if you read Deuteronomy 22, of all the commands therein, only the verse on wrong attires describes the doers thereof as an abomination! To dispense with that verse will mean to logically encourage every action described as an abomination (bestiality included) in the OT!!!

Jude 1:23 says to,hate even the garment spotted by the flesh. I believe this is still valid today.
Re: Should Christian Women Wear Trouser ? by jiggaz(m): 8:18am On Sep 30, 2015
plappville:

What is Nigeria men and women attire ? Tell me who among the both should be sinning please. Because both use wrapper. You people should stop misinterpretin the bible. I am not in support of ladies who have no dressing code when going to church. There is a house dress code, office, party code even bedroom code. 2hen i go to work i dress properly. I cant wear a short to work. No its against my office code. But this doesnt means i cannot wear it 2hen am home. By the way, Didn't the bible says love not the world nither the things of it? Is your computer, tv not worldly things? if you are to interpretate this verse literally.
Excellent post my dear!!! Don't mind dem. Some Nigerian Christians likes misinterpreting the Bible, everything to dem is sin. If it is so, Laptops, Tablets, Smartphones, DSTV, Perfumes, Body Spray, Shoes,Cars etc should be done away with cos all of them are worldly too. To dem, every good thing in dis world belongs to Satan, what a mindset!!! When it is written dat the earth is the inheritance of the Believer. Nawa oo, they keep surprising me everyday.
Re: Should Christian Women Wear Trouser ? by Chizzled06(m): 8:22am On Sep 30, 2015
Peteru82:
It Always Suprise Me Whenever I See Some Women Wearing Trouser Even To The Church , And Our Pastors Did Not Complain When The Scripture Say Women Should'nt Wear That Which Pertain To Men. Or How Do You View This? Is It The Fault Of Their Pastors Or Their Own Fault?

I guess if you want to go all the way back to 'that which pertain to women' you might want women to start walking around with bare bossoms and a skirt from animal skin that barely covers their bum.

Check the time those scriptures where written, then research on the male and female dressing during that period. You can't just be selectively pedantic.
Re: Should Christian Women Wear Trouser ? by itstpia8: 7:20pm On Oct 30, 2015
Re: Should Christian Women Wear Trouser ? by HCpaul(m): 7:28pm On Oct 30, 2015
DebbyChris:
I+just+like+you+for+your+comment. Keep it up.

(1) (Reply)

What Do Angels Really Look Like According To The Bible / Yahoozey Dance In The Church / Prophet T.b. Joshua's Kindness!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.