Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,376 members, 7,808,312 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:13 AM

See The N40 Egg Soup broke CRUTECH Students cook To Survive - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / See The N40 Egg Soup broke CRUTECH Students cook To Survive (58064 Views)

Female CRUTECH Student Dies 2 Weeks After Matriculation (Photo) / Electrocution: CRUTECH Students Protest Over The Death Of Their Colleague (Pics) / University Of Ibadan Students Cook Outside School Gate Following School Closure (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: See The N40 Egg Soup broke CRUTECH Students cook To Survive by Ryda(m): 11:19pm On Sep 29, 2015
hehehehehe egg soup kwa...whn my friends nd i dey soak garri full basin stil invite other hostelers join us.

1 Like

Re: See The N40 Egg Soup broke CRUTECH Students cook To Survive by Nobody: 11:20pm On Sep 29, 2015
Iranu abasha
Re: See The N40 Egg Soup broke CRUTECH Students cook To Survive by Feranchek(m): 11:20pm On Sep 29, 2015
Sweetyie:
Man must survive

Don't tell me you did this..... please!!!!!!
Re: See The N40 Egg Soup broke CRUTECH Students cook To Survive by Sweetyie(f): 11:22pm On Sep 29, 2015
Feranchek:

Don't tell me you did this..... please!!!!!!
I didn't cheesy wink
Re: See The N40 Egg Soup broke CRUTECH Students cook To Survive by baby4u2(f): 11:26pm On Sep 29, 2015
Been in existence for ages. My mama dey cook the soup fire. I dey use am eat better pounded yam.
Re: See The N40 Egg Soup broke CRUTECH Students cook To Survive by Feranchek(m): 11:26pm On Sep 29, 2015
Sweetyie:

I didn't cheesy wink

Oooohhhh...... what a sweet relief!! (Just like org.... lipsrsealed)
Re: See The N40 Egg Soup broke CRUTECH Students cook To Survive by soleexx(m): 11:33pm On Sep 29, 2015
Thank God I never experience this shit....God you are wonderful
Re: See The N40 Egg Soup broke CRUTECH Students cook To Survive by klassd(m): 11:38pm On Sep 29, 2015
emmanuel596:
Pls is this thing on fp?
No it on LP! Ode
Re: See The N40 Egg Soup broke CRUTECH Students cook To Survive by jayriginal: 11:43pm On Sep 29, 2015
ammyluv2002:
Student life! Sometimes, #50 means a lot...speaking from experience that's why I'm so crazy about palm oil rice. It saved me so many times back then. #ManMustWack grin cheesy

True talk. Its easy to forget when you step up.

Your hash tag is the moniker of one of nairalands best mods (in those days).
Re: See The N40 Egg Soup broke CRUTECH Students cook To Survive by MARINS(f): 11:44pm On Sep 29, 2015
bugzbunny:

Dats why I admire. Arabs
They dnt take nonsense frm their leaders... Be suffering and smiling.. Instead of being on the street with ur banner
my friend.. . Am not suffering.. Grab a spoon and join me.
Re: See The N40 Egg Soup broke CRUTECH Students cook To Survive by ehix89(m): 12:18am On Sep 30, 2015
Raxxye:
The sight of this soup makes me wanna throw up.
Thank God I was born with a silver spoon and I still have the spoon! tongue tongue grin grin
go look bush eeee
Re: See The N40 Egg Soup broke CRUTECH Students cook To Survive by tpiander: 12:19am On Sep 30, 2015
Is egg cheaper than fish or ponmo?

seems like a photoshoot ie fake or just taken to upload on nairaland.
Re: See The N40 Egg Soup broke CRUTECH Students cook To Survive by amii131(f): 12:33am On Sep 30, 2015
funmilade4real:
Abasha

Iranu

Wetin
Irani
Abasha mean
?
Re: See The N40 Egg Soup broke CRUTECH Students cook To Survive by Nobody: 12:42am On Sep 30, 2015
ammyluv2002:
Student life! Sometimes, #50 means a lot...speaking from experience that's why I'm so crazy about palm oil rice. It saved me so many times back then. #ManMustWack grin cheesy

I can relate to the palm-oil rice festival.
Re: See The N40 Egg Soup broke CRUTECH Students cook To Survive by shut(f): 1:08am On Sep 30, 2015
Aww after all these travails you end up in a society with no room for you.

Feel like giving those dudes a hug
Re: See The N40 Egg Soup broke CRUTECH Students cook To Survive by epini(m): 1:21am On Sep 30, 2015
What is dat !? shocked
Re: See The N40 Egg Soup broke CRUTECH Students cook To Survive by Pennywise(m): 1:54am On Sep 30, 2015
Towncrier247:
Someone who visited the Cross River University of Technology, Calabar, student hostel sent this in.

The person wrote...

"this is what CRUTECH students take as breakfast. I visited their hostel recently and I met these guys who used N40.00 (forty naira only) to cook soup. It was just an egg, salt and maggi.and they got a pot of soup and a very big bowel of eba which they ate in joyous mood. Though the guys did not permit me to take their pictures but they were proud to say
that the meal is a balance diet. When i asked them to tell me what made the egg soup a balanced diet, one of them started listing the ingredients such as
water-1
Egg-Protein
Salt
Maggi
Palm oil
Onions
Pepper
Please guys, do these ingredients make up a
balanced diet?

http://www.splendormag.com/2015/09/see-n40-egg-soup-crutech-students.html

You dey talk about balanced diet like say u be small pickin. Must u eat egg?
Re: See The N40 Egg Soup broke CRUTECH Students cook To Survive by another123(m): 2:17am On Sep 30, 2015
hmmmmm school life so sweet
Re: See The N40 Egg Soup broke CRUTECH Students cook To Survive by omoluka: 2:32am On Sep 30, 2015
Egg soup !, crazy stuff .
Re: See The N40 Egg Soup broke CRUTECH Students cook To Survive by Excelento(m): 3:08am On Sep 30, 2015
]Sho!!!
This na real school life
Re: See The N40 Egg Soup broke CRUTECH Students cook To Survive by pfadom: 3:53am On Sep 30, 2015
Dis no be soup at all. Na sacrifice im be!
Re: See The N40 Egg Soup broke CRUTECH Students cook To Survive by babiskinado(m): 5:05am On Sep 30, 2015
That soup make sense, mechionu
Re: See The N40 Egg Soup broke CRUTECH Students cook To Survive by EmekaBlue(m): 5:24am On Sep 30, 2015
man must survive
Re: See The N40 Egg Soup broke CRUTECH Students cook To Survive by celemel(m): 5:59am On Sep 30, 2015
All those bashing that meal ain't seen nada in life! I am a malabite to my bones. Back in time at Malabor Republik (that is the "action" name of UNICAL for you the uninitiated) we ate this "soup" to make our grades. We soaked our feet in cold water to stay all-night to read. The standards were extremely high. First Class degrees were tough to get. In a session, there used to be 1 or 2 and rarely, 3 first-class students in the entire school. I studied hard and got my grades and have gone on to become a successful professional in my own right. The meal in question inspired me to dream big and reach for the stars.

Today, MADONNA alone can churn out 300 first class graduates in a graduating population of 500! Same for BOWEN and REDEEMER. Davido graduated with 2.1 from Babcock, even when he was the only student in his Department and spent more time on the runway than the library. I have encountered first-class graduates who cannot write error-free letters of application for employment. I rep UNICAL. I am looking forward to eating this egg-soup someday again. That period was my best on earth!

1 Like

Re: See The N40 Egg Soup broke CRUTECH Students cook To Survive by ammyluv2002(f): 6:22am On Sep 30, 2015
jayriginal:

True talk. Its easy to forget when you step up.

Your hash tag is the moniker of one of nairalands best mods (in those days).
Oh really? Wish i met him
Re: See The N40 Egg Soup broke CRUTECH Students cook To Survive by Henricarter(m): 6:23am On Sep 30, 2015
freshness2020:
Oh my world.. I like this!
One of the advantages of schooling in Brokelin grin .
Developing ideas and talents for guys since 50BC. grin
.broklyn ko brokers ni Mumu lyk yu
Re: See The N40 Egg Soup broke CRUTECH Students cook To Survive by jrerico1(m): 6:31am On Sep 30, 2015
After this suffering the only 500 kept will be spent on a lady grin
Re: See The N40 Egg Soup broke CRUTECH Students cook To Survive by aspirebig: 6:35am On Sep 30, 2015
Op, you funny o.

So you wanted to take pictures and post online for the world to see, so tomorrow when he is a big guy like a CEO somewhere you will use the pictures to hunt him.

Fear God o Op.

No condition is permanent.

Theirs is even good, back in our days in Uni and I know it is still happening till date, some people do Hungry 001 most time, finally na garri dey go soak as dinner.

Some do permanent fasting because no food, some even faint and students will start shouting help , help, o save a soul o and other students will use basket to go round the hostels, other students will be dropping food items small small like 2 peak milk, 5 maggi, 5 cups of rice, 4 tin tomato, 6 cups of rice, dry fish, 6 cups ogf beans, some drop cash, etc small small, till they graduate. Some students lost their sponsor in 100 or 200 level., so the suffer starts.

Then latter, the hall gov, other hall exec and some rich students in the hostel will meet and encourage such students to come over to their rooms for food like once daily.

Today I know some of the leaders in this country went to school in worst conditions. Why did you think that they want to die in those position?
Re: See The N40 Egg Soup broke CRUTECH Students cook To Survive by freshness2020: 6:39am On Sep 30, 2015
Henricarter:
.broklyn ko brokers ni Mumu lyk yu
One bit of sense you no get...sorry for ur life.
It was when I saw ur pix I knew it wasn't my fault.
Ode grin grin
Re: See The N40 Egg Soup broke CRUTECH Students cook To Survive by MhizLehwayche(f): 6:39am On Sep 30, 2015
and how did they arrive at the 40naira after listing all dese ingredients?
eggs #25 or #30 (2) = #50 or #60 naira
palmoil #30 milk tin
maggi #10
pepper #10
onion #10
they can borrow salt sha...
Towncrier247:
Someone who visited the Cross River University of Technology, Calabar, student hostel sent this in.

The person wrote...

"this is what CRUTECH students take as breakfast. I visited their hostel recently and I met these guys who used N40.00 (forty naira only) to cook soup. It was just an egg, salt and maggi.and they got a pot of soup and a very big bowel of eba which they ate in joyous mood. Though the guys did not permit me to take their pictures but they were proud to say
that the meal is a balance diet. When i asked them to tell me what made the egg soup a balanced diet, one of them started listing the ingredients such as
water-1
Egg-Protein
Salt
Maggi
Palm oil
Onions
Pepper
Please guys, do these ingredients make up a
balanced diet?

http://www.splendormag.com/2015/09/see-n40-egg-soup-crutech-students.html
Re: See The N40 Egg Soup broke CRUTECH Students cook To Survive by deiikonac(m): 6:47am On Sep 30, 2015
MAKE MORE MONEY FOR YOUR PRINTING BUSINESS, LEARN HOW TO BRAND SCHOOL UNIFORMS WITH MONOGRAMMING AND EMBROIDERY SERVICES, VISIT http://www.stitchesandinknigeria..com.ng/2015/09/3d-digital-embroidery-and-monogramming.html

Re: See The N40 Egg Soup broke CRUTECH Students cook To Survive by Nmeri17: 7:01am On Sep 30, 2015
Raxxye:
The sight of this soup makes me wanna throw up.
Thank God I was born with a silver spoon and I still have the spoon! tongue tongue grin grin
I ate this back then -- not bad at all. trust me. we used to call it "afere nsen unen" cheesy many years ago o

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Beautiful Pictures Of Babcock University Students In Styles (pics) / New Dress Code For Ahmadu Bello University (ABU) Zaria / Richard Akindele, OAU Professor In Sex For Mark Accusation Scandal (Leaked Audio

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.