Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,185 members, 7,780,270 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 11:38 AM

Star Quest Winners 2009 - The Pulse - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Star Quest Winners 2009 - The Pulse (6733 Views)

Aint Jukebox Better Dan The Pulse? / "the Pulse"release State Of Emergency / The Pulse Ft Busta Ryhmes So Tey Remix (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Star Quest Winners 2009 - The Pulse by realborn(m): 12:08am On Apr 19, 2009
the pulse smiley :d :d :d kiss
Re: Star Quest Winners 2009 - The Pulse by tosinaded(m): 12:14am On Apr 19, 2009
watched it for yhe first time today!!!!!
the guy and the girl from that group av got skillz mehn, they basically made the group
Re: Star Quest Winners 2009 - The Pulse by realborn(m): 12:33am On Apr 19, 2009
Star Quest 2009, started like every other usual TV/musical talent hunt with no enthusiasm for me.
I have never been an ardent fan of reality shows after the first two episodes of Gulder ultimate search. My disdain nd unbelief about the efficacy of such talent hunt shows was made stronger after listening to the album/cd of D'Accord band (guess 2003 winners) and i was not impressed despite the hype.

Thursday 9th April I was invited by a friend to the Star Quest house where I watched d bands play three songs each.
I was moved. I immediately grew a passion for four of d bands. The Pulse, Nu sound, Expression nd 100 degrees(didnt make it to the final 3).
One of the three songs perfomed on d aforementioned date is chosen for each band as their hit.

The move by STAR to further shoot a video each for the three final bands is a great one. Watching those videos few moments ago made me believe that the road to stardom starts from d mind. All three bands are good. Their stage performances too today was balistic. But worthy of mention is d winning band's performance of their alternative song "Redemption song". It kept d crowd wild, active and on their feet. It was obvious they wld dance away with d crown at the end of d day. Their hit track: I GO DEY CRY SOTE, has strong lyrical content well blended in rhymes evaluating d present dearth in our beloved country and also emphasising faith in the possibilities of a better future. Purely fantastic.

I deeply wish THE PULSE a successful year. I pray their career will blossom and the wisdom to deliver without relent as they have done at the fameland will not cease. Also I wish the other bands a lift in their endeavours. They were all great. Enough respect to the lead vocalist of the Expression band, his delivery of their hit track was very good.

All members of THE PULSE kindly accept my congratulations. Big ups to the male nd female lead and all instrumentalists.

THE PULSE -    99,000 votes
EXPRESSION - 15,000 votes
NU SOUND -    10,000 votes

The above figures are approximates and not the exact.

smiley wink cheesy grin

, I go dey pray sote, sote sote sote, sote sote sote, grin

STAR please put all the songs on CD pleaseeeeeeeeeeeee
Re: Star Quest Winners 2009 - The Pulse by realborn(m): 12:35am On Apr 19, 2009
@ Tosin,
i concur bro. they kept my PULSE. lol
heard d gal freestyle rap nd rhymes once. sure she is gonna take batten frm Weird MC.
Re: Star Quest Winners 2009 - The Pulse by idupaul: 12:38am On Apr 19, 2009
SOTE SOTE SOTE, they deserved to win
Re: Star Quest Winners 2009 - The Pulse by kaypumpin2(m): 12:46am On Apr 19, 2009
realborn:

Star Quest 2009, started like every other usual TV/musical talent hunt with no enthusiasm for me.
I have never been an ardent fan of reality shows after the first two episodes of Gulder ultimate search. My disdain nd unbelief about the efficacy of such talent hunt shows was made stronger after listening to the album/cd of D'Accord band (guess 2003 winners) and i was not impressed despite the hype.

Thursday 9th April I was invited by a friend to the Star Quest house where I watched d bands play three songs each.
I was moved. I immediately grew a passion for four of d bands. The Pulse, Nu sound, Expression nd 100 degrees(didnt make it to the final 3).
One of the three songs perfomed on d aforementioned date is chosen for each band as their hit.

The move by STAR to further shoot a video each for the three final bands is a great one. Watching those videos few moments ago made me believe that the road to stardom starts from d mind. All three bands are good. Their stage performances too today was balistic. But worthy of mention is d winning band's performance of their alternative song "Redemption song". It kept d crowd wild, active and on their feet. It was obvious they wld dance away with d crown at the end of d day. Their hit track: I GO DEY CRY SOTE, has strong lyrical content well blended in rhymes evaluating d present dearth in our beloved country and also emphasising faith in the possibilities of a better future. Purely fantastic.
I deeply wish THE PULSE a successful year. I pray their career will blossom and the wisdom to deliver without relent as they have done at the fameland will not cease. Also I wish the other bands a lift in their endeavours. They were all great. Enough respect to the lead vocalist of the Expression band, his delivery of their hit track was very good.

All members of THE PULSE kindly accept my congratulations. Big ups to the male nd female lead and all instrumentalists.

THE PULSE - 99,000 votes
EXPRESSION - 15,000 votes
NU SOUND - 10,000 votes

The above figures are approximates and not the exact.

smiley wink cheesy grin

, I go dey pray sote, sote sote sote, sote sote sote, grin

STAR please put all the songs on CD pleaseeeeeeeeeeeee

For the first time,a winner was declared for a reality show in Nigeria and everyone that watched and was part of the show AGREED on the winner;it is PRICELESS.

Had to be the first time since June 12 for such rare occurence.

That song so tey should be given to a good producer like Jeremian Gyang or Cobhams to add a professional touch to it,the song is a MASTERPIECE.

I love the 2 lead vocalists of the group tooo.
Re: Star Quest Winners 2009 - The Pulse by tosinaded(m): 12:54am On Apr 19, 2009
i luv the lyrics!!!!!
Re: Star Quest Winners 2009 - The Pulse by semid4lyfe(m): 5:45pm On Apr 19, 2009
The Pulse was by far the best band in the show and I ain't surprised they won.They "wowed" me right from episode of the freestyle rap battles.Their performance of a rock theme song for star in the show was was also very nice.The babe in the band and the Male lead vocalist were the main anchors of the band.

Pity, I missed their latter performances but I knew from day 1 that they were going to win so I ain't surprised.

Hope,they make it even bigger than Kc Presh and D'accords.

Congrats to them.

Could some1 please post the lyrics of their hit song "so tey"?
Re: Star Quest Winners 2009 - The Pulse by shalomgirl: 11:18pm On Apr 19, 2009
the pulse trulydeserve to win cos they were the best in the house, i wish star would put all of their (the pulse) into one Cd, GOD knows that i would buy it. i love them so much, i wish i could meet them, especially obianuju.
Re: Star Quest Winners 2009 - The Pulse by dammiecool(m): 8:34am On Apr 20, 2009
I luv dat lyrical witch grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Star Quest Winners 2009 - The Pulse by chineds(m): 9:50am On Apr 20, 2009
[color=#000099]Who is contesting with the masters? My people, the pulse is just great! But my question is was the song SOTE SOTE SOTE originally written by them? Was that from Sound sultan? Meen! That was a bomb. My regards to all of the band. they really made the program worth watching. Starrrrrr! Una try o! For me, u have just produced another great band, Original in entirety, Nigerian and unified in every ramification. Please carry go! Nothing do una my people.

Anybody with that wonderful lyrics? I want to mime it
Re: Star Quest Winners 2009 - The Pulse by Reptyle(m): 10:53am On Apr 20, 2009
Great band, great performance. No other starquest band has wowed me like this since D'accord. I hope Kennis music can re-enact the 2face magic for this band - the entire band o!!! Ehen!The nex thing now Kenny and D1 will force them to break up and retain only the vocalists. But that transgendered lead singer is the real ish, she has the persona of a real entertainer. She will go places with good management. The lead guy too was quite good. Kudos to Star.
Re: Star Quest Winners 2009 - The Pulse by babzyshe: 3:19pm On Apr 20, 2009
Great band, great music, great lyrics, great talent , but,

the questions we need to ask are:

- where are these guys going to be in 1 years time?
- How many bands of more than 3 people are making it in the Nigerian Music scene of today?
- these extremely talented guys came in as individual talents, why lump them up in groups and judge them based on how well their musical styles blend with total strangers ?
- why has star quest continued to churn out bands that don't end up making it year after year instead of focusing on the individuals in the show? Is it cheaper to just group them up in bands than to take the time to focus on each individual? is it working?

1 Like

Re: Star Quest Winners 2009 - The Pulse by chrisical(m): 7:35pm On Apr 20, 2009
dammiecool:

I luv dat lyrical witch grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

she is a lyrical witch to be frank.That girl got skillz. Right from the the i watched their first performance,i always knew the would win.Big ups to the PULSE.
My commendation also goes to Ruggedman for the masterful way he anchored the whole show.
Re: Star Quest Winners 2009 - The Pulse by ofokasibe: 7:54pm On Apr 20, 2009
who da Bleep is that lyrical witch?
Re: Star Quest Winners 2009 - The Pulse by chrisical(m): 7:59pm On Apr 20, 2009
perhaps you didnt watch the show.she is incredibly gifted.
Re: Star Quest Winners 2009 - The Pulse by Chuks84(m): 9:49pm On Apr 20, 2009
I thot star quest was a poor excuse for a reality show, hav thot so since they debuted in 2002, then i saw the pulse, and i was a believer!! Words fail me wen it comes to describing the ingenuity of that group. Watchin the show, one would think they have been together for years and not weeks, their performance of sote left me with goosebumps, the vocalists are somethin else, the beat all other contestants by far, they were in a class of their own. The only other group worth mentionin is nu sound, their pianist is very talented. Expressions was a total joke! Their vote song alone made me cringe! [i][/i]
Re: Star Quest Winners 2009 - The Pulse by obinna5000(m): 7:43pm On Apr 22, 2009
One thing about these StarQuest talent shows is that after the group eventually wins the competition, nothing will be heard from them again. There will no album release and no wave-making single. The only time we'll see them is when Star is organizing a show or concert. KC presh is the only StarQuest group that has made an impact in the scene. But what about others like D'Accord and The Diamonds?
Re: Star Quest Winners 2009 - The Pulse by kaydee(m): 11:49pm On Apr 22, 2009
Heard the song today!!! That song is tight lyrically

"I go dey Pray Sotey Panadol go cure AIDS" grin grin grin

Dubem is lyrical.That girl is versatile and very energetic!!!
Re: Star Quest Winners 2009 - The Pulse by eleshin(m): 1:20am On Apr 23, 2009
i go dey pray so tey limousine go be taxi 4 9ja,so tey so tey so tey
Re: Star Quest Winners 2009 - The Pulse by kaydee(m): 1:22am On Apr 23, 2009
Who's got a video clip or anything on this song?
Re: Star Quest Winners 2009 - The Pulse by Baro(m): 10:33am On Apr 23, 2009
They were the best band by miles, however, without taking anything away from them; that song "Sotey" does not sound original to me. On the whole, they have got talent, abilities, potentials and charisma. Kudos The Pulse!
Re: Star Quest Winners 2009 - The Pulse by shayoor(f): 1:09pm On May 28, 2009
i really love that group'the pulse'especially the lady,she is wonderful,i voted 4 them .
Re: Star Quest Winners 2009 - The Pulse by fummylolly(f): 1:24pm On May 28, 2009
the pulse is a 9ice musical group with sote is lovely .deir lyrics hit well.
Re: Star Quest Winners 2009 - The Pulse by pheesayor(m): 5:27pm On Jul 04, 2009
pls anyone with a link to the song? I watched the video and fell in love with it. Link pleaseeeeeeee
Re: Star Quest Winners 2009 - The Pulse by pheesayor(m): 5:45pm On Jul 04, 2009
I got it from lalaboi's esnips page, shoulda checked before posting , ouch!!!
Re: Star Quest Winners 2009 - The Pulse by Nobody: 11:14pm On Sep 07, 2009
Please, can someone help me with a link to this music, i need to listen to it.
Re: Star Quest Winners 2009 - The Pulse by cripnip(m): 12:37pm On Oct 09, 2009
where's lyrics online? i want to send it as independence msg to some people.
pls post a link if you know

(1) (Reply)

Classic 97.3 Fm,lagos / Remember these R&B, Soul and Hiphop tunes/artistes of the 90s? / "ODG Crooner" Eltee Skhillz Performs At Felabration 2022

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.