Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,483 members, 7,770,177 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 06:46 AM

Your NYSC Questions Answered - NYSC (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Your NYSC Questions Answered (1067972 Views)

8 Things You Must Do Before Concluding Your NYSC Programme / How To Verify Your NYSC 2016 Batch A Senate List / How Much Did You Make During Your Nysc Service Year? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (392) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Your NYSC Questions Answered by Darkchocolate(f): 10:28pm On Sep 30, 2015
Lagusta:
Nice work you're doing here.....

I heard doctors are treated differently in camp, how true is that, and how "different" are they really treated??

By the way, nice kissable lips!!!

Thanks for the compliment wink

Doctors are treated differently in the sense that they are left alone by soldiers ...so they get to avoid most PT and marching and any other activity they can avoid. No different to how they would treat you if you were in the OBS for example. These people always have an excuse of being 'on duty' and with their 'badge', they can get away with just sitting around really or getting into places others can't! I should know, I was in OBS grin... Doctors and medical team are sneaky though...they will all be forming 'on duty' yet be sleeping in their wards or something!!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Your NYSC Questions Answered by walad4yhu(m): 11:39pm On Sep 30, 2015
Are we to open a new bank account for our allowee?
and if yes...what bank would u recommend?

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Your NYSC Questions Answered by Lagusta(m): 11:44pm On Sep 30, 2015
Darkchocolate:

Thanks for the compliment wink

Doctors are treated differently in the sense that they are left alone by soldiers ...so they get to avoid most PT and marching and any other activity they can avoid. No different to how they would treat you if you were in the OBS for example. These people always have an excuse of being 'on duty' and with their 'badge', they can get away with just sitting around really or getting into places others can't! I should know, I was in OBS grin... Doctors and medical team are sneaky though...they will all be forming 'on duty' yet be sleeping in their wards or something!!!

Now THAT is exactly what I want to do....

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Your NYSC Questions Answered by wtfCode: 12:18am On Oct 01, 2015
Darkchocolate:

No... I believe you can get posted to education, rural infrastructure, health and agriculture. Your area of study also makes a huge difference in where you will eventually be posted to.

I hope this helps smiley
thanks
Re: Your NYSC Questions Answered by Darkchocolate(f): 1:38am On Oct 01, 2015
walad4yhu:
Are we to open a new bank account for our allowee?

and if yes...what bank would u recommend?

Don't worry yourself about this at all.

You will receive your 1st allowance whilst in camp ...cash lump sum. It is up to you what you do with that. After that, a list will come out with everyone s details and exactly which bank and branch to open an account with. Yes, NYSC likes to be in serious control! undecided. They also do it this way so that individual banks are not bombarded with just nysc. I think they have a contract with 3 or 4 banks and all nysc accounts will be in those banks spread out throughout their branches in the state to mutually benefit each branch.

So bother not yourself with that. When the time comes, get the details of where your designated bank and branch is...after camp (and after sorting out your PPA) take a trip to the bank in question with your documents and voila!

4 Likes

Re: Your NYSC Questions Answered by Meklex(m): 8:03am On Oct 01, 2015
Can I come with my car?
Re: Your NYSC Questions Answered by KeriBaby(f): 8:44am On Oct 01, 2015
undecided
Meklex:
Can I come with my car?

2 Likes

Re: Your NYSC Questions Answered by Lagusta(m): 9:37am On Oct 01, 2015
Meklex:
Can I come with my car?

You shaa wan tell everybody say u get car....

Congrats....

15 Likes

Re: Your NYSC Questions Answered by Darkchocolate(f): 9:52am On Oct 01, 2015
Lagusta:

You shaa wan tell everybody say u get car....

Congrats....

Asiinnnn...don't mind him... I think you should come with your private jet. undecided

16 Likes

Re: Your NYSC Questions Answered by Darkchocolate(f): 9:53am On Oct 01, 2015
Meklex:
Can I come with my car?

Only car? Come with your private jet joor. The land is spacious enough for landing! smiley undecided

3 Likes

Re: Your NYSC Questions Answered by ubizle(f): 10:19am On Oct 01, 2015
Darkchocolate:

The shape of the neck does not matter. As long as you aren't showing cleavage or chest hair (for guys ...and some girls grin)
White t shirt
Short sleeve
No logos (if it has a logo, make sure it is those very small logos that occupy one corner)
Alrite. Tanz a lot
Re: Your NYSC Questions Answered by walad4yhu(m): 10:19am On Oct 01, 2015
Darkchocolate:

Don't worry yourself about this at all.

You will receive your 1st allowance whilst in camp ...cash lump sum. It is up to you what you do with that. After that, a list will come out with everyone s details and exactly which bank and branch to open an account with. Yes, NYSC likes to be in serious control! undecided. They also do it this way so that individual banks are not bombarded with just nysc. I think they have a contract with 3 or 4 banks and all nysc accounts will be in those banks spread out throughout their branches in the state to mutually benefit each branch.

So bother not yourself with that. When the time comes, get the details of where your designated bank and branch is...after camp (and after sorting out your PPA) take a trip to the bank in question with your documents and voila!

Thanks a lot
Re: Your NYSC Questions Answered by oluwaisaac(m): 10:35am On Oct 01, 2015
My dear...what you do on this platform with your time pleases me. It's commendable. Infact, you have found favour in my eyes. One more question though, are head phones allowed??

1 Like

Re: Your NYSC Questions Answered by adakoleagbenu: 10:42am On Oct 01, 2015
Hi Darkchocolate. Hv a couple of questions. 1. Must d white sneakers be pure white? Az in no single logo? 2. My skool collects our I.D card b4 issuing certificates and don't give any temporary I.d. And some camps ask for I.D. With certificate and other documents are we good? 3. Does the class of degree (aside first class) determine PPA? 4. I have a degree in Geology and Mining and chose Enugu,Akwa Ibom and Lagos. Can u guess a likely PPA? 5. I'm into theatre. So will drama troupe be ideal? 6,Can I take beverages like Milk,Milo,Flakes etc to camp? 7. Will reporting early,like a day to camp be allowed? And will it ease registration stress? 8. How lively is the drama troupe in and after camp? 9. Your lips are lovely. U get any single friend for me?

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Your NYSC Questions Answered by Darkchocolate(f): 10:43am On Oct 01, 2015
oluwaisaac:
My dear...what you do on this platform with your time pleases me. It's commendable. Infact, you have found favour in my eyes. One more question though, are head phones allowed??

I believe headphones are allowed. I wouldn't advice you to go with your 'BeatsbyDre' though. grin. Remember if it is expensive and doesn't fit in your waist pouch, don't bother going with it!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Your NYSC Questions Answered by Chomzy19(f): 10:55am On Oct 01, 2015
Nice thing u re doing 4 us. My q's are (1) how exactly do one join this OBS team, any qualificatns needed?
(2) when exactly is that first allawee paid? When we enter camp or towards the ending? Lemme know hw much to carry
Re: Your NYSC Questions Answered by Meklex(m): 10:56am On Oct 01, 2015
Darkchocolate:

Only car? Come with your private jet joor. The land is spacious enough for landing! smiley undecided
lol, I said car una don start envisioning range rover sports and bugatti.. Na Mitsubishi bus(L300) grin I meant o... so that I can use am do quick business to transfer corps members to their various ppa'sgrin....

38 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Your NYSC Questions Answered by Darkchocolate(f): 10:59am On Oct 01, 2015
adakoleagbenu:
Hi Darkchocolate. Hv a couple of questions. 1. Must d white sneakers be pure white? Az in no single logo? 2. My skool collects our I.D card b4 issuing certificates and don't give any temporary I.d. And some camps ask for I.D. With certificate and other documents are we good? 3. Does the class of degree (aside first class) determine PPA? 4. I have a degree in Geology and Mining and chose Enugu,Akwa Ibom and Lagos. Can u guess a likely PPA? 5. I'm into theatre. So will drama troupe be ideal? 6,Can I take beverages like Milk,Milo,Flakes etc to camp? 7. Will reporting early,like a day to camp be allowed? And will it ease registration stress? 8. How lively is the drama troupe in and after camp? 9. Your lips are lovely. U get any single friend for me?

1. Sneaker should be pure white to avoid any hassle. If logo'ed, then make sure the logo is quite small...like the small Nike ticks

2. I would advise you to photocopy your school Id before it is collected (I would even go as far as getting it certified...i.e. Getting a top lecturer or dean or something to sign on the copy to say that it is a true rep of the original and stamp...but that s me being geeky and extra). If you are still able to please enquire with your school on what to do regarding the ID issue when it comes to nysc. I was not asked for my ID card though (I think it might be slightly different for foreign grads.)

3. No. Your degree class does not affect your PPA.

4. I cannot honestly guess. You might be posted to any one of these...education, rural infracstructure, agriculture or health. So you could get ministry of mining (if there is anything like that) or you could get teaching...because with your course, there are a lot of subjects you can teach! smiley

5. Yes, try to join the social/drama group in camp.

6. You can indeed. You can't take anything in a bottle or breakable container though. Make sure anysuch things are transferred to a plastic counterpart.

7. Yes it is. I reported early to Lagos camp...even though I lived in Lagos. I just wanted to avoid all the stress especially as I was not used to the country at the time. We were given our bunks that day and it was nice to make friends before all the headache starts.

8. I wasn't in the drama group so can't say how they were after camp. We had some lovely plays and dance competitions and Mr Macho and Miss NySC things though. Competitions between the platoons can be very fierce.

9. Finish nysc first before looking for a single girl...besides, plenty of choices in camp for you. wink

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Your NYSC Questions Answered by Darkchocolate(f): 11:00am On Oct 01, 2015
Meklex:
lol, I said car una don start envisioning range rover sports and bugatti.. Na Mitsubishi bus(L300) grin I meant o... so that I can use am do quick business to transfer corps members to their various ppa'sgrin....

Feel free to ask someone to bring the car for you on last day of camp...they wait for you outside, you get your things and begin transporting. But how many people will you fit inside the car though with their luggages? Goodluck sha...good business idea grin

5 Likes

Re: Your NYSC Questions Answered by SlickM(m): 11:00am On Oct 01, 2015
Darkchocolate:

Your clothes will hardly get stolen. Lol...only a sad person would steal white shorts and white shirts...but never say never undecided

Use a permanent marker and write your number on the label and/or infold of the cloth, cap, shoes...in fact...do that for all of your belongings (ones you can afford to...don't go and write it on your clean iphone 6s oooo grin )

The folks at mammi market will also write your number for you on your cloths (that is the only way they can differentiate yours from others)...

Once your number and name (if you have enough room) is on your items, it will hardly be stolen and you can wash away. Nobody will want to be caught wearing something that clearly isn't theirs...you will be decamped most likely.

P.s. Go with a few cheap cloths pegs if you plan on washing yourself. That way you can minimise your cloths falling to the dirty ground after you have suffered to wash it.
LOL... I like your sense of humour

1 Like

Re: Your NYSC Questions Answered by Lagusta(m): 11:03am On Oct 01, 2015
Meklex:

Looolz, funny guy....

1 Like

Re: Your NYSC Questions Answered by Lagusta(m): 11:06am On Oct 01, 2015
Another question....

Does nysc allow statement of result without certificate??

Because a friend of mine has only statement, the school refused to give her certificate....

Hope she won't be decamped...
Re: Your NYSC Questions Answered by Darkchocolate(f): 11:55am On Oct 01, 2015
Lagusta:
Another question....

Because a friend of mine has only statement, the school refused to give her certificate....

I believe you will need your certificate to register. That is what shows you are a graduate after all and eligible for nysc!!! You friend needs to get her certificate. I don't know if they will even let her sign up without it. They might admit her temporarily on the condition that she presents her certificate by the end of the first registration week. (You have to be sworn in as a nysc-ite to be decamped though...so can't get decamped if you aren't registered in the first place). She should really get her institution to release it or find out why they are not ...and make efforts to remedy the situation. Goodluck

2 Likes

Re: Your NYSC Questions Answered by ezybaba(m): 12:04pm On Oct 01, 2015
With d Statement of result u can go on with your nysc registration in camp. In my school we would be given our statement of result early this month becos of nysc. certificate will be issue to us after our convocation with is next year.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Your NYSC Questions Answered by Darkchocolate(f): 12:09pm On Oct 01, 2015
Chomzy19:
Nice thing u re doing 4 us. My q's are (1) how exactly do one join this OBS team, any qualificatns needed?
(2) when exactly is that first allawee paid? When we enter camp or towards the ending? Lemme know hw much to carry

1. OBS is one of the popular most sort after groups and getting into it can be tough. Are you an engineer, DJ, or have any other technical skills that can benefit them? Your entry might be easy... If not, you might have to compete for a place (re the announcers, editors, etc)... It depends on your camp really. I know we had to do writing essay competitions for those who wanted to get into our Lagos obs...we had over 100 applicants!

2. 2nd week, I believe! Depends on your camp too. So have enough to see you through the 3rd week in case it isn't paid till then. Besides, most camps have portable ATM machines. You can always withdraw money if you are running short!
Re: Your NYSC Questions Answered by unlimitedelite(m): 12:09pm On Oct 01, 2015
Just 5 more days to go for 2015 Batch B PCM
To work on your posting to your favorite states apart from Lagos and FCT both are filled up now ,
Age exemption and
NYSC exclusion problems

NO more FCT and LAGOS available...
Re: Your NYSC Questions Answered by Darkchocolate(f): 12:15pm On Oct 01, 2015
ezybaba:
With d Statement of result u can go on with your nysc registration in camp. In my school we would be given our statement of result early this month becos of nysc. certificate will be issue to us after our convocation with is next year.

Thanks for clarifying that smiley lagusta...hope this helps!

1 Like

Re: Your NYSC Questions Answered by walad4yhu(m): 1:06pm On Oct 01, 2015
Lagusta:
Another question....

Yes statement of result is allowed in camp.
Re: Your NYSC Questions Answered by adakoleagbenu: 1:25pm On Oct 01, 2015
Darkchocolate:

1. Sneaker should be pure white to avoid any hassle. If logo'ed, then make sure the logo is quite small...like the small Nike ticks

2. I would advise you to photocopy your school Id before it is collected (I would even go as far as getting it certified...i.e. Getting a top lecturer or dean or something to sign on the copy to say that it is a true rep of the original and stamp...but that s me being geeky and extra). If you are still able to please enquire with your school on what to do regarding the ID issue when it comes to nysc. I was not asked for my ID card though (I think it might be slightly different for foreign grads.)

3. No. Your degree class does not affect your PPA.

4. I cannot honestly guess. You might be posted to any one of these...education, rural infracstructure, agriculture or health. So you could get ministry of mining (if there is anything like that) or you could get teaching...because with your course, there are a lot of subjects you can teach! smiley

5. Yes, try to join the social/drama group in camp.

6. You can indeed. You can't take anything in a bottle or breakable container though. Make sure anysuch things are transferred to a plastic counterpart.

7. Yes it is. I reported early to Lagos camp...even though I lived in Lagos. I just wanted to avoid all the stress especially as I was not used to the country at the time. We were given our bunks that day and it was nice to make friends before all the headache starts.

8. I wasn't in the drama group so can't say how they were after camp. We had some lovely plays and dance competitions and Mr Macho and Miss NySC things though. Competitions between the platoons can be very fierce.

9. Finish nysc first before looking for a single girl...besides, plenty of choices in camp for you. wink
............. Thanks a whole lot. Well,I don't mind teaching though. Bt at least d school has to pay me 'sonting' na,hw I see am?...again,thanx
Re: Your NYSC Questions Answered by Meklex(m): 3:05pm On Oct 01, 2015
SlickM:

she get am I swear, if to say she no be grin senior citizen grin I for put eye for her matter grin grin
Re: Your NYSC Questions Answered by Darkchocolate(f): 3:16pm On Oct 01, 2015
SlickM:

grin cheesy cool
Re: Your NYSC Questions Answered by Darkchocolate(f): 3:18pm On Oct 01, 2015
Meklex:
she get am I swear, if to say she no be grin senior citizen grin I for put eye for her matter grin grin

Well... The older the wine, the ... Bla bla bla (Can't remember the rest but I'm sure you know it) smiley

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (392) (Reply)

NYSC 2017 Batch A Corps Members House / NYSC 2014 Batch C House / NYSC 2016 Batch B Corps Members House

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.