Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,493 members, 7,801,272 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 01:09 PM

Your NYSC Questions Answered - NYSC (114) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Your NYSC Questions Answered (1079885 Views)

8 Things You Must Do Before Concluding Your NYSC Programme / How To Verify Your NYSC 2016 Batch A Senate List / How Much Did You Make During Your Nysc Service Year? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (111) (112) (113) (114) (115) (116) (117) ... (393) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Your NYSC Questions Answered by Bifrost: 7:30pm On Oct 02, 2017
UgoFly:
heard November batch has been shifted till January. how true is this?

Rumours there's been no news yet. NYSC time table isn't out for 2017 batch B.
Re: Your NYSC Questions Answered by natureem: 8:28am On Oct 04, 2017
Guys pls I need help. We batch A are planning a send-off for our 2016 Batch B. Apart from certificates printing, what more can be done for them?
Re: Your NYSC Questions Answered by jejekofa: 11:10am On Oct 04, 2017
Re: Your NYSC Questions Answered by jejekofa: 3:15pm On Oct 05, 2017
Hi Peeps,

So we have an exciting online platform for NYSC Corp members only( new, current and old). This platform is called jejeKOFA and the link to the website is: https://www.jejekofa.com

What we do

We connect corps members nationwide, affording them a place to meet and stay connected. In addition, we provide a bus booking service to camp, in order to reduce the hassle and stress involved in locating the NYSC camp in a foreign land.

Services

1:Chat Community

2:Bus Booking
Book a bus going straight to camp from your destination, make payment and get a seat.

News Update
Get updated with latest opportunities. Read articles on our blog

Visit https://www.jejekofa.com/chat/signup to register and catch up with other corps members.
Re: Your NYSC Questions Answered by jejekofa: 4:37pm On Oct 05, 2017
After NYSC three weeks camp, corps members are usually posted to their Place of Primary Assignment (PPA), where they would serve their country for the rest of the year. Depending on what you make of it, your service year could be a tool to learn and become a better member of the society or a tool to make less out of yourself. I will share with you tips on how to make good use of your NYSC service year in such a way that could positively influence your future.

Make friends: The kind of friends you make during service could either make or break you. Some corpers even when they have fun, also make out time for serious business, i.e. read and write professional courses, go on trainings, apply for jobs, etc. while some others choose to have fun 100%. If your circle of friends talk only about partying and going on trips, you should change that circle.

Learn and develop your skills: In camp, some persons participated in skills and acquisition training but soon dumped it after camp. Learning a new skill could be your key to a million dollar job. If you have learnt soap making, start making toilet soap in small quantities and sell. Subsequently, read and research on how to make better soaps to achieve a glowing skin. While serving, you can take up tailoring, learn it and begin to sew your own designs. If you love to talk, take up a part time job to be allowed to speak during a local program for free. By the time you practice for a few months, you will feel confident and can look at bigger shots by the end of your service year. Who knows? The company may even employ you. My point is, whatever you do, never stop growing, learning, developing and practicing.
Truth is, nothing good comes easy, you need to make some sacrifices to get you to the top. I recently got a job in the Health Safety and Environment (HSE) department of a company. This happened five years after I took an HSE professional course. I did the course to add to my knowledge of safety but eventually got a job with it. " Do not ever think that doing a professional course is a waste of time or resources."

Study: Read GMAT books and other self-improvement books, take tests, begin to prepare your CV, etc. If you are called for an interview, even as a youth corper and you have the time, go for it. You may or may not get the job , but it will build your confidence overtime and give you a feel of what it is like to do an interview. Join groups that update people on jobs ; share ideas. All these may not seem important now but you will find out in the long run, that making very good use of your one year can help you achieve better than you can imagine.

Apply for scholarships: If you intend to further your education, start now to apply for scholarships. Read, practice for the exam, apply, and wait to get called. There are some bodies that organize scholarships yearly. Make adequate use of your time.

Multitask: If you can afford the time, you do not have to stick to working only at your PPA. When I served, I worked as a public relations assistant during the day and a sales representative in an eatery at night. Yes, it was tedious but it had its perks. I made great friends at my second job, got extra cash, experience, built my multi task skills, etc.

Online jobs: Besides taking a physical part time job, you can take up an online job. This is not to say that you should combine all three jobs, i/e/ PPA, Part time physical job and online job. It is quite a lot, but if you can handle it, why not ?. There are online sites that employ writers or virtual assistants to work for them and get paid. Such sites are freelancer.com, upwork.com, etc.
These are only a few tips that I thought to share with you, they served as a guide to me while serving and things turned out pretty good at the end. You will shape your future from the decisions that you make today.

For more tips, visit our blog on https://www.jejekofa.com/blog or connect with other corps members on https://www.jejekofa.com/chat/signup

2 Likes

Re: Your NYSC Questions Answered by Nobody: 7:53am On Oct 06, 2017
please is medical report from government hospital needed in the camp for screening and what are the test to be done.is it compulsory
Re: Your NYSC Questions Answered by Nobody: 1:27pm On Oct 07, 2017
Please help! I was mobilized for Batch A stream 2 but I didn't show up in the camp at all. Now, I want to go with the Batch B. How do I go about it?
Re: Your NYSC Questions Answered by Bifrost: 4:01pm On Oct 07, 2017
Is it possible for an institution to Mobilise two sets of graduates for NYSC?

As in, if earlier this year they mobilised graduates for 2015/2016 set can they still mobilise graduates from 2016/2017 graduands?

Your response and contribution would be appreciated.
Re: Your NYSC Questions Answered by toogbasky(m): 5:50pm On Oct 08, 2017
eni4real:
Please help! I was mobilized for Batch A stream 2 but I didn't show up in the camp at all. Now, I want to go with the Batch B. How do I go about it?

You register when registration starts,,, you are suppose to click on revalidation,,,, not registrstion
Re: Your NYSC Questions Answered by Nobody: 6:25pm On Oct 08, 2017
toogbasky:

You register when registration starts,,, you are suppose to click on revalidation,,,, not registrstion
Thanks a lot! I really appreciate.
Re: Your NYSC Questions Answered by LauretteB: 9:46pm On Oct 09, 2017
toogbasky:

Thanks for this. Please I wanna ask, are we going to be allowed to choose new set of states or we'd be posted to the one we were previously posted to?
Re: Your NYSC Questions Answered by toogbasky(m): 9:05am On Oct 10, 2017
LauretteB:

Thanks for this. Please I wanna ask, are we going to be allowed to choose new set of states or we'd be posted to the one we were previously posted to?

Yeah,,, you are gonna choose states
Re: Your NYSC Questions Answered by Talk2nanro(m): 10:22am On Oct 10, 2017
Please how much is the online scratch card and how will i pay to register?
Re: Your NYSC Questions Answered by LauretteB: 4:13pm On Oct 10, 2017
toogbasky:

Yeah,,, you are gonna choose states

Alright. Thanks a lot
Re: Your NYSC Questions Answered by chuksdsilent: 4:39pm On Oct 10, 2017
My fellow nairalanders, a friend of mine was born in 02/06/1986 and senate approved his result in 16/02/2016. But due to their department is a new department he was not mobilized at that time. He is hoping to be mobilized this batch B(2017). Does he have a chance of being mobilized or will be exempted. thanks for your mature and friendly reply
Re: Your NYSC Questions Answered by adegab4real007: 7:48am On Oct 11, 2017
chuksdsilent:
My fellow nairalanders, a friend of mine was born in 02/06/1986 and senate approved his result in 16/02/2016. But due to their department is a new department he was not mobilized at that time. He is hoping to be mobilized this batch B(2017). Does he have a chance of being mobilized or will be exempted. thanks for your mature and friendly reply

Yes he will be mobilised as he was under 30 when his result was approved. You can also download the NYSC decree to confirm this if in doubt.
Re: Your NYSC Questions Answered by Nobody: 10:42am On Oct 11, 2017
Sunxylove:
please is medical report from government hospital needed in the camp for screening and what are the test to be done.is it compulsory
pls someone should reply me
Re: Your NYSC Questions Answered by ShylockConsults: 6:22pm On Oct 11, 2017
STUDY IN CANADA BY JANUARY/FEBRUARY, 2018.

Study in Canada by January/February, 2018.
Undergraduate and Graduate Programs Available.

No TOEFL, NO GRE Required

We will also assist You from Pre-application Procedures to Post-landing.

To Apply, Send Us Scan Copy of the Following Documents to our Email for Evaluation.

DOCUMENTS REQUIRED FOR APPLICATION:
FOR GRADUATE APPLICATION

1. Degree Statement of Results
2. Application Form (Can be Submitted online at https:///forms/jEsQsO4aT73rMTIG2 OR Downloaded at https:///xsqUeJ)
3. Degree Transcript
4. Data Page of Passport
5. O Level Results (WAEC OR NECO)
6. Master Diploma and Transcript (PhD Applicants Only)

[b]FOR UNDERGRADUATE APPLICATION
[/b]1. Application Form (Can be Submitted online at https:///forms/jEsQsO4aT73rMTIG2 OR Downloaded at https:///xsqUeJ)
2. Data Page of Passport
3. O Level Results (WAEC OR NECO)

[b]For more Info:
[/b]Email: shylockconsults@yahoo.com
Call +905488793304, +905338577830
Web: www.shylockconsults.com
Whatsapp: +2348069069532
Facebook: www.facebook.com/shylockconsults
Instagram: shylockconsults

Kindly "Share", Someone may need these.
We also process to other Universities worldwide.
Agencies are Partners are Welcomed.

#StudyAbroadMadeEasy #StudyInCanada⁠⁠⁠⁠

Re: Your NYSC Questions Answered by sheyman140: 3:17am On Oct 12, 2017
Pls help I'm a foreign student. I graduated in may /17 /2017. my ecowas passport just expired in September /4 /2017 can I still make use of this passport for Nysc batch B stream 1 registration I need urgent answers pls

*have renewed the passport*

Re: Your NYSC Questions Answered by Nobody: 9:07am On Oct 12, 2017
Morning guys, pls is there anybody serving in Anambra state. A friend asked me to check out if Anambra do pay their corpers. I'm in Anambra, but too occupied to go and verify
Re: Your NYSC Questions Answered by Hugo55(m): 11:29am On Oct 12, 2017
please during registration in camp, can one add a middle name? in school I have two names but in my bank account linked with BVN there is a middle name. pls help me out.
Re: Your NYSC Questions Answered by toogbasky(m): 11:33am On Oct 13, 2017
Benstino:
Morning guys, pls is there anybody serving in Anambra state. A friend asked me to check out if Anambra do pay their corpers. I'm in Anambra, but too occupied to go and verify

Yeah,,,, 8300, if you a posted to a gov enterprise
Re: Your NYSC Questions Answered by Sahnkhinhg: 2:37pm On Oct 13, 2017
Pls can anyone show me how an exemption certificate looks like?...i think the one our new employee submitted is fake..Google images aint clear... Thanks
Re: Your NYSC Questions Answered by Nobody: 6:19pm On Oct 13, 2017
toogbasky:

Yeah,,,, 8300, if you a posted to a gov enterprise

Aiit. Thanks so much
Re: Your NYSC Questions Answered by 4gunners(m): 8:49pm On Oct 13, 2017
Pls how will I get my call up nmber has a prospective Corp
Re: Your NYSC Questions Answered by immaq8(f): 8:57pm On Oct 14, 2017
Darkchocolate:
Congratulations to the incoming NYSC otondos ... You should all be proud of yourselves. I just finished my service year in July and I am here to answer any NYsC related questions you might have (to the best of my ability).

Camp confusions
How much you need
How to conduct or not conduct yourself wink
Activities to take up that might be beneficial in determining where you are posted to
Best CDS groups
Etc etc

Are you also a foreign student? Wondering how you will survive those 3 ghastly weeks? You are in the right place then!!!

Ask and it shall be answered!

Disclaimer: I speak from Lagos Camp experiences...other camps in other states and how they function may be different but any answer I provide should give you a general guide. I encourage you to conduct your own research and get a varied source for whatever information you seek.

P.s. Yokiti, how have you been? I've missed you like a fat kid misses cake grin

***New rule
If you want me to respond to your question, it might be advisable to NOT type in shorthand! cheesy ;DD cool

And guys...I have no idea how to access the email links. Im not ignoring you. Just post your message here and i ll try to answer it. smiley

***added 07/02/16 - I am so happy that this thread has actually helped out thousands of people...people commenting, answering and helping each other and those viewing in ghost mode cheesy We have literally gone from just NYSC camp related experiences to JAMB to all sorts..lol... Gives me goosebumps (Err...maybe not...but..) Thanks to everyone that has helped me out. Couldn't have done it without y'all. Remember, if you need me to address any questions just say my NAME and I'll come running (well...not literally)...and hopefully I'll know or help you find out the answer. Cant answer any questions on JAMB though embarassed wink

Update 24/04/17

Wow...we are still here guys. Congratulations to the folks that just finished and those about to enter...Please let us know the experiences you have had...the good, the bad and the ugly. I heard so much has changed since I finished in 2015. Seems like only yesterday though!!! cry

cool
pls my name is d Senate list & am set to wed by January ending.. Can I be deploy to my husband domicile without marriage certificate?
Re: Your NYSC Questions Answered by Ara99: 10:23pm On Oct 14, 2017
Sahnkhinhg:
Pls can anyone show me how an exemption certificate looks like?...i think the one our new employee submitted is fake..Google images aint clear... Thanks
Re: Your NYSC Questions Answered by buklarbest: 4:12pm On Oct 15, 2017
2016 batch B stream 1 is going to pass out on 2nd November,,, Pls when will stream 2 pass out,,,, is it December or January??
Re: Your NYSC Questions Answered by SuperSuave(m): 9:15am On Oct 16, 2017
Please who are Jamb regularization meant for? I need answers plsss
Re: Your NYSC Questions Answered by Immune(m): 4:43pm On Oct 16, 2017
SuperSuave:
Please who are Jamb regularization meant for? I need answers plsss
those that jamb did not give admission, if you check jamb site with your jamb regestration number if you see no admission given yet ..then regularization is meant for u. i.e by checking admission status
Re: Your NYSC Questions Answered by immaq8(f): 12:00am On Oct 17, 2017
Pls do I upload my marriage certificate or submit it during mobilization?
Re: Your NYSC Questions Answered by ugo147: 2:00pm On Oct 17, 2017
If I miss batch B stream one
Pls when will the stream two come out,is it next year.......how does it work

(1) (2) (3) ... (111) (112) (113) (114) (115) (116) (117) ... (393) (Reply)

NYSC 2017 Batch A Corps Members House / NYSC 2014 Batch C House / NYSC 2016 Batch B Corps Members House

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.