Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,303 members, 7,808,030 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:31 AM

Buhari Opens Up On Saraki’s Corruption Trial - Video - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Opens Up On Saraki’s Corruption Trial - Video (44954 Views)

Why I Allowed Arase Serve His Term- Buhari Opens Up / Kwara Group Protest In Support Of Saraki's Corruption Trial (PICTURES) / Justice John Fabiyi Who Halted Saraki Corruption Trial Retiring In Two Weeks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari Opens Up On Saraki’s Corruption Trial - Video by midolian(m): 6:03am On Sep 30, 2015

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_RmY9DEEpAY

Buhari Finally Opens Up On Saraki’s Corruption

President Muhammadu Buhari revealed during an exclusive in-person interview with SaharaTV his feelings about Senate President Bukola Saraki and his ongoing trial at the Code of Conduct Tribunal for false declaration of assets. President Buhari, speaking with SaharaTV correspondent Adeola Fayehun, also addressed upcoming prosecutions of corrupt public officials and his ministerial appointees.

President Buhari told SaharaTV that his government is conducting serious investigations into corrupt officials, especially within the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC) as it relates to management of crude oil sales. President Buhari said that he could not give specific details on how much stolen money has been recovered “because we could compromise the legal processes” but that “very soon the process of prosecution will start.”

President Buhari explained that Nigerian officials are collecting documents on the movement and sale of Nigerian crude, and those findings can be used “so that we can successfully prosecute those who have been stealing Nigerian crude.”

SaharaTV asked President Buhari to comment on the ongoing legal proceedings against Senate President Bukola Saraki and their relationship. President Buhari stated that his confidence in Senate President Saraki “will depend on the outcome of the court decision.”. It is the first time the Nigerian president was publicly making his feelings known about the crisis rocking the Senate.

President Buhari added that at the moment he works with Senate President Saraki as the constitution requires and added, “there are people [Ministers] I want to work with. I cannot work with them unless the National Assembly approves, so I have been writing to the Senate President and to the leader of the House—it is in the constitution.”

He then said that his role as President does not include pressuring the judiciary to drop charges against Saraki adding, “I could be successfully impeached if I do it.”

The interview with President Buhari then turned to current events and the controversy involving Nigeria’s Mission to the United Nations disorganization resulting in several missed opportunities and embarrassing moments this weekend during the General Assembly. President Buhari insisted that, about the meeting between international organizations and West African countries dealing with the effects of Boko Haram, “if we are not invited then we cannot be there.”

He emphasized in his remarks “everybody knows that we are very serious about Boko Haram. If we know there is a meeting by the international community about Boko Haram, then we will be there. So we have to be invited.”

SaharaTV pushed to have President Buhari reveal some information about his Ministerial picks, believed to be announced this week, but he declined to say.
 “I can’t because it would be illegal until the Senate cleared them I cannot talk to you about them.” 

He also said, “I have to discuss it with the Governors from the respective States they are coming from.”

http://saharareporters.com/2015/09/29/exclusive-video-president-buhari-finally-opens-saraki%E2%80%99s-corruption-trial

Lalasticlala, how are you this morning? grin

33 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Buhari Opens Up On Saraki’s Corruption Trial - Video by salisy: 6:05am On Sep 30, 2015
Wait a minute! Am I the FTC? After so many trials, finally I bagged it up.

On d topic: Saraki Just endure like I did in my hustle for FTC, if ur truly clean, u'll come out on top and by then you will have my confidence.

5 Likes

Re: Buhari Opens Up On Saraki’s Corruption Trial - Video by midolian(m): 6:06am On Sep 30, 2015
My confidence in Saraki depends on the outcome of the vote of confidence passed the court's decision - Daura Genius (2015)

I hope the Saraki fans can see that its not about passing a vote of confidence. I knew the senators where only masturbating. This is because their vote of confidence cannot overturn the CCT's ruling cheesy cheesy

Buhari's_body_language

168 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari Opens Up On Saraki’s Corruption Trial - Video by 989900: 6:10am On Sep 30, 2015
Lawman

8 Likes

Re: Buhari Opens Up On Saraki’s Corruption Trial - Video by OZAOEKPE(f): 6:11am On Sep 30, 2015
"if PMB could destroy the economy because of he's looking for saints to direct the affairs of this zoo, and at the end he comes up with amaechi and fayemi, I'm sorry to say,he's a *** man. Anything that makes amaechi a saint and fit to be a minister, then saraki is fit to rule the senate. Sahara reporters(tinubu) interviewing PMB, midolian should tell the whole world what he stands to gain in publicizing SR". Quote me anywhere

41 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Opens Up On Saraki’s Corruption Trial - Video by agarawu23(m): 6:13am On Sep 30, 2015

He then said that his role as President does not include pressuring the judiciary to drop charges against Saraki adding, “I could be successfully impeached if I do it"

Buhari passed a BIG message here, I don't know if you ppl are getting the message. cool

122 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Buhari Opens Up On Saraki’s Corruption Trial - Video by mbizzy(f): 6:13am On Sep 30, 2015
God bless my president.

62 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari Opens Up On Saraki’s Corruption Trial - Video by WHOcarex: 6:17am On Sep 30, 2015
We yaf heard
Re: Buhari Opens Up On Saraki’s Corruption Trial - Video by Soskid(m): 6:19am On Sep 30, 2015
Wailers

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Opens Up On Saraki’s Corruption Trial - Video by powerfulsettingz: 6:21am On Sep 30, 2015
OZAOEKPE:
"if PMB could destroy the economy because of he's looking for saints to direct the affairs of this zoo, and at the end he comes up with amaechi and fayemi, I'm sorry to say,he's a m a d man. Anything that makes amaechi a saint and fit to be a minister, then saraki is fit to rule the senate. Sahara reporters(tinubu) interviewing PMB, midolian should tell the whole world what he stands to gain in publicizing SR". Quote me anywhere
And are you the animal abored In the zoo? Wonder where you get the access to the net

174 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Buhari Opens Up On Saraki’s Corruption Trial - Video by tos4u(m): 6:22am On Sep 30, 2015
Yeah all stolen money must be returned and Saraki must be BUHARALISED....... Stealing is now chronic corruption

37 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Buhari Opens Up On Saraki’s Corruption Trial - Video by Fianze93(m): 6:23am On Sep 30, 2015
G
Re: Buhari Opens Up On Saraki’s Corruption Trial - Video by OZAOEKPE(f): 6:25am On Sep 30, 2015
powerfulsettingz:

And are you the animal abored In the zoo? Wonder where you get the access to the net
"I'm on the mountain, I will spare you".

6 Likes

Re: Buhari Opens Up On Saraki’s Corruption Trial - Video by M4gunners: 6:26am On Sep 30, 2015
All of them na thief. Who never stole nigerians moni as a politician should stand up and defend his/her self.

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Opens Up On Saraki’s Corruption Trial - Video by englishmart(m): 6:26am On Sep 30, 2015
did I see sahara report there. I go with the opposite of this story

5 Likes

Re: Buhari Opens Up On Saraki’s Corruption Trial - Video by fulanimafia: 6:27am On Sep 30, 2015
This President clearly doesn't mince his words. Without any ambiguity, Buhari has highlighted the insincerity of those confidence-giving senators by basing his acceptance of Saraki solely on his vindication by the courts and not any other trivial basis. Those belly-filled senators are products of the status-quo so their tolerance of corruption and impunity is not surprising at all.

I'm proud to finally have a President that upholds the rule of law.

104 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Buhari Opens Up On Saraki’s Corruption Trial - Video by Jadonaldson(m): 6:29am On Sep 30, 2015
Una go just dey book space like say na Govt work

1 & only Jadon

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Opens Up On Saraki’s Corruption Trial - Video by midolian(m): 6:35am On Sep 30, 2015
englishmart:
did I see sahara report there.
I go with the opposite of this story
Na wa o! Even with a video file attached to it?

42 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari Opens Up On Saraki’s Corruption Trial - Video by hijacke(m): 6:37am On Sep 30, 2015
K

1 Like

Re: Buhari Opens Up On Saraki’s Corruption Trial - Video by JAMANZE: 6:46am On Sep 30, 2015
And now what is this senile president saying. do u want to stabilize international oil price?

4 Likes

Re: Buhari Opens Up On Saraki’s Corruption Trial - Video by thunder74(m): 6:47am On Sep 30, 2015
Buhari acceptance or rejection of Saraki is meaningless. There is seperation of power. They both head each of the seperate and independent arms of the government.

11 Likes

Re: Buhari Opens Up On Saraki’s Corruption Trial - Video by RockMaxi: 6:49am On Sep 30, 2015
Buhari thank you very much. What is the essence of vote of confidence if a competent court rulings will find you wanting.

51 Likes

Re: Buhari Opens Up On Saraki’s Corruption Trial - Video by olaafirst: 6:55am On Sep 30, 2015
Sai baba sai BuHaRi

7 Likes

Re: Buhari Opens Up On Saraki’s Corruption Trial - Video by midolian(m): 6:59am On Sep 30, 2015
JAMANZE:
And now what is this senile president saying. do u want to stabilize international oil price?
Do you want to die of hate? grin

52 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Opens Up On Saraki’s Corruption Trial - Video by oluseyiforjesus(m): 7:09am On Sep 30, 2015
When ever I see PMB talks I c Hope in Nigeria.

6 Likes

Re: Buhari Opens Up On Saraki’s Corruption Trial - Video by hassan85(m): 7:09am On Sep 30, 2015
I simply await oct 23rd wen judgement is passed. If guilty, i wait to see how 84 senators will pass vote of corruption in the name of confidence. Time will tell. Lets have Attoney General and let d music start

25 Likes

Re: Buhari Opens Up On Saraki’s Corruption Trial - Video by Nobody: 7:11am On Sep 30, 2015
I just fell in love with this man again cry

Wisdom and tact he applies as he speaks,
Nary a word he says is weak,
his speech though hindered by the tongue he speaks,
excites and invigorates unlike the one we kicked.

78 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Buhari Opens Up On Saraki’s Corruption Trial - Video by disloman(m): 7:16am On Sep 30, 2015
OZAOEKPE:
"if PMB could destroy the economy because of he's looking for saints to direct the affairs of this zoo, and at the end he comes up with amaechi and fayemi, I'm sorry to say,he's a m a d man. Anything that makes amaechi a saint and fit to be a minister, then saraki is fit to rule the senate. Sahara reporters(tinubu) interviewing PMB, midolian should tell the whole world what he stands to gain in publicizing SR". Quote me anywhere
What a clueless being.

47 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Opens Up On Saraki’s Corruption Trial - Video by disloman(m): 7:17am On Sep 30, 2015
hassan85:
I simply await oct 23rd wen judgement is passed. If guilty, i wait to see how 84 senators will pass vote of corruption in the name of confidence. Time will tell. Lets have Attoney General and let d music start
Please tell them ooooo.

9 Likes

Re: Buhari Opens Up On Saraki’s Corruption Trial - Video by midolian(m): 7:20am On Sep 30, 2015
disloman:
What a clueless being.
Need I remind you that OZAOEKPE is from otueke? Sometimes, cluelessness is their signature grin grin

43 Likes

Re: Buhari Opens Up On Saraki’s Corruption Trial - Video by disloman(m): 7:23am On Sep 30, 2015
midolian:
Need I remind you that OZAOEKPE is from otueke? Sometimes, cluelessness is their signature grin grin
Now I grabbed the gist.Otueke is now the source of cluelessness in the world.No wonder.

46 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Opens Up On Saraki’s Corruption Trial - Video by hinwazaka: 7:29am On Sep 30, 2015
IF, AFTER READING THIS AMBIGUOUS AND RIDICULOUS RESPONSE FROM THE PRESIDENT, YOU CANNOT INFER FROM IT, THE PRESIDENT'S INTENTION TO USE THE CCB's SUSPICIOUS REAWAKENING AS A ROUSE TO ESCAPE THE DEADLINE FOR THE APPOINTMENT OF MINISTERS, THEN AM AFRAID THAT IF RAPTURE OCCURS TODAY, YOU WOULD STILL BE LOOKING FOR DIRECTIONS TO THE NEXT WHIZKID CONCERT, EVEN WITH 4 MILLION ANGELS PATROLLING THE STREETS.

6 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Igbos In Lagos APC Replace Igbokwe With Idimogu For 2023 / This Is Why Nigeria Police Is Called OLOPA / Mark Essien’s IREV Collation Was Used By Peter Obi’s Team Of Lawyers.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.