Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,897 members, 7,798,999 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 01:39 PM

17 Signs You Have Romantic Feelings For A “platonic Friend” - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / 17 Signs You Have Romantic Feelings For A “platonic Friend” (2654 Views)

How To Respond, When She Has No Romantic Feelings For You. / Having More Romantic Feelings For Your "EX" Than Your Current Spouse. HELP!!! / Is It Normal To Have Romantic Feelings For A Fellow Lady? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

17 Signs You Have Romantic Feelings For A “platonic Friend” by Riwo11(f): 10:13am On Sep 30, 2015
So maybe there’s a reason your BF can’t stand your BFF. Can men and women just be friends? Most people agree that they can, with the help of clear boundaries. But when does an opposite s*x friendship cross the line? All relationships, whether romantic or friendly, are based upon some form of attraction. It’s not always physical or s*xual.
However, there’s some mutual interest or commonality that draws two people towards one another. While opposite s*x friendships may start off with the best of intentions, often the lines become blurred as the relationship develops. Here are 17 red flags that you’re either in a danger zone or have already crossed the line into more than just friendship with your “friend.”

1. You wait to share conversations with your friend.

2. You discuss your relationship problems with them and it’s a form of criticism towards your partner.

3. Your friend discusses his/her relationship problems with you.

4. You look forward to seeing your friend more than your own partner (The average couple engages in approximately five minutes of quality conversation per day).

5. You start making comparisons between your partner and your friend.

6. You offer more compassion and concern to your friend than your partner.

7. You fantasize what life is like with your friend.

8. You spend more alone time with your friend than your partner.

9. Your partner has absolutely no access to your conversations with your friend (voice mails, texts, emails, Social Media, etc.).

10. You secretly spend money on your friend without your partner’s knowledge.

11. Your friend is a source of argument and discord with your partner.

12. You lie and secretly figure out ways to spend time with your friend (leave early, stay late, etc.).

13. You accuse your partner of jealousy every time your friend is discussed.

14. You create exclusive rituals with your friend that you both highly anticipate.

15. You share feelings and intimate conversations with your friend, which creates an emotional connection.

16. You engage in sexually suggestive conversation with your friend.

17. You frequent social places and events without your partner, hoping to run into your friend. Where do you stand on opposite-s*x friendships? Whatever your answer is, make sure that you and your spouse are on the same page. Remember, that’s the most important relationship of all. Source: www.riseup247.com
Re: 17 Signs You Have Romantic Feelings For A “platonic Friend” by adedayourt(m): 10:13am On Sep 30, 2015
smiley

Re: 17 Signs You Have Romantic Feelings For A “platonic Friend” by misspicy(f): 10:16am On Sep 30, 2015
adedayourt:
smiley
Just be booking space up and down Btw,are u off today?
Re: 17 Signs You Have Romantic Feelings For A “platonic Friend” by adedayourt(m): 10:19am On Sep 30, 2015
misspicy:

Just be booking space up and down
Btw,are u off today?

dat moment wen u got spare time nd u decide to dash it to nl grin grin

btw i like ur signature, mind if i mend d broken hrt fr u?
got som spare nails here wit me
Re: 17 Signs You Have Romantic Feelings For A “platonic Friend” by Kingsley1000(m): 10:34am On Sep 30, 2015
most platonic friendship eventually results to romantic r/ship.........
Re: 17 Signs You Have Romantic Feelings For A “platonic Friend” by horlahwaley(m): 11:17am On Sep 30, 2015
Yes. she shows some of these, when i visit her she cook and serve like a full house wife, she carry my bag for me sometimes ., she discuss her her relationships and she read messages on ma phone, she act jealous wen she sees me with oda female friends,She calls me honey and introduce me to her friends as her sweet heart.

And when i eventually asked her out she told me am her friend.
Is she playing hard to get or am in friend zone.?
Re: 17 Signs You Have Romantic Feelings For A “platonic Friend” by Nobody: 11:36am On Sep 30, 2015
..I've always maintained that a girl nd a guy do not remain friends for a long period ov time without at least 1 party developing feelings 4 the other.. It doesn't happen,not if they are really close...In lyf,it's one thing 2 deceive ppl nd it could tk u places,buh it's an entirely different thing 2 deceive urself...Really,it's funny.
The thing however is that some of them know how 2 manage these feelings nd see that they don't become predominant...

#Philosopher Quëën#
Re: 17 Signs You Have Romantic Feelings For A “platonic Friend” by Nobody: 11:38am On Sep 30, 2015
horlahwaley:
Yes. she shows some of these, when i visit her she cook and serve like a full house wife, she carry my bag for me sometimes ., she discuss her her relationships and she read messages on ma phone, she act jealous wen she sees me with oda female friends,She calls me honey and introduce me to her friends as her sweet heart.

Is she still in a relationship?.. That might be her major inhibition.. or perhaps,she's not really certain bout her feelings yet.
Re: 17 Signs You Have Romantic Feelings For A “platonic Friend” by horlahwaley(m): 11:41am On Sep 30, 2015
Oliviaarims:

Is she still in a relationship?.. That might be her major inhibition.. or perhaps,she's not really certain bout her feelings yet.
she is not in a relationship
Re: 17 Signs You Have Romantic Feelings For A “platonic Friend” by Nobody: 11:57am On Sep 30, 2015
horlahwaley:
she is not in a relationship

Well,maybe she's not sure bout her feelings 4 yhu...or maybe she's d girl that jex lyks 2 b possessive widout giving anyfin in return...left 2 u to find out.

#Philosopher Quëën#
Re: 17 Signs You Have Romantic Feelings For A “platonic Friend” by horlahwaley(m): 12:25pm On Sep 30, 2015
Oliviaarims:

Well,maybe she's not sure bout her feelings 4 yhu...or maybe she's d girl that jex lyks 2 b possessive widout giving anyfin in return...left 2 u to find out.

#Philosopher Quëën#
tnx
Re: 17 Signs You Have Romantic Feelings For A “platonic Friend” by Tosinville(m): 2:12pm On Sep 30, 2015
horlahwaley:

Guy, you're still a toddler in d game, why asking her out again?lol

(1) (Reply)

Help# My Girl Friend's Best Friend Is In Love With Me / Someone Just Told Me I Look Muslim? / Six Important Things Every Nigerian Lady Must Do Before 30

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.