Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,165 members, 7,780,181 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 10:33 AM

Questioning The Implausibilities 2 (reason Over Faith) - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Questioning The Implausibilities 2 (reason Over Faith) (2691 Views)

Questioning The Implausibilities 4 (myth Or Truth) / Faith Oyedepo's 60th Birthday: Adeboye, Enenche, Ibiyeomie Others Attend / Questioning The Implausibilities 3 (original Sin) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Questioning The Implausibilities 2 (reason Over Faith) by johnydon22(m): 11:55am On Sep 30, 2015
[b]Before anyone comes here to lament how this is an attack on their religion, let it be known here that the word "God" in this post is not referring to any one deity here, just as the word is used normally the word will be used here to refer to the theistic God concept.

This is a mind stroking topic that as always is a charge to independent reason and to apply reason in belief.

It is not a hidden thing that Religions and Belief strives on Faith. From a very young age we have be taught to believe it, have faith, do not question it because it is a sin.

I remember vividly in one of our catechism classes as a child a boy asked "Why did God create the tree that wasn't supposed to be eaten?"
The voice of our catechism teacher as she scolded the little boy for asking this question.

"Don't question God because it is a sin unless you want to go to hell" This has been a catchy line used to coerced young Children into submission, used to murder their curiosity, used to instill fear of their own reason and the result is everywhere.

Most adults in their religions now are afraid to cultivate healthy questions against their belief or employ the use of reason on their belief. The premise for theses questions are there but the fear of allowing this question cultivate holds them in check as a result of the indoctrination they were subjected to as children.

These implausible tales are meant to be believed and not questioned according to religions. you should believe them by "Faith" no matter how absurd it sounds as long as you hold unto it by "Faith" then it must be true.

Why should the young minds be discouraged from questions? why should the employment of healthy reason not be applied to religious beliefs and why should these belief rely on indoctrinations of a young mind for continuity.

Only a lie would fear questions, the truth do not fear scrutinization or review, the truth do not bank on the gullibility of a child's mind (who doesn't know what he find to be plausible or not yet) to ensure conformity.

If your parents waited for you to get up to this age before telling you for the first time the story of a man who was travelling and his donkey talked to him, there is no doubt that you would have laughed and told him uptight how such tales were mythological fabrications

But it had to be sung into you as a child, scolded into you that it is true and a child has no choice but to believe what you tell them unlike an adult who is able to weight and disagree.

So why should religions thrive on the backs of young gullible minds?

Why is this truth shying away from independent minds?

and why is this truth an enemy of questions.?

Take for instance during our catechism class, the young boy was very correct. I never thought about that particular question until i became a grown up, let us be truthful to ourselves.

According to the tale: God didn't want the fruit to be eaten, the fruit according to God is not good for humans then why put it there in the first place?

I have a poisoned biscuit for mouse bait, i know it is dangerous for children and not good for them. I am fully aware of this but instead of keeping the biscuit inside my pocket i brought it out to the children, kept it in front of them and say "Don't touch it" and when they eventually do i blame them for it?

Who exactly are we kidding?

This has been one of the numerous tales we have been told to swallow with faith, do not question it because the ways of God is not the ways of my man.

That my friend is what i call arrant nonsense.

Furthering the cause of "Faith" it buries a mind in inconsistency and keeps him bolted in his own delusion.
In Greek classical antiquity we are faced with the story of Perseus having a flying horse! We all are indifferent to this because we recognize it to be myth, because we all know flying horses are constructs of plain mythology.

But yet again Muhammed rode a flying horse to Jerusalem and some of us hold this to be true. .who exactly are we kidding?

You hold the former to be myth but to the later because you have "Faith" in it you hold it to be true, this betrays the dishonesty in the position of faith.

If the first is a myth because there is no flying horse then there is no way the second instance can be true. But this outright implausibility have been laid out to be believed with Faith.

Faith which is believing something whether it is true or not should not in the first place be a basis of conclusion.

You and i do not believe by FAITH that the sun is there, No, we lack faith that there is a sun rather we are SURE that there is a sun.

So why then do we need faith in a premise where we are not sure of?

why then are we encouraged to believe a story by faith and not because we are sure of it?

why then do we need to revere what we hold on to by faith more than the things we are sure of?

If scientific deductions worked like Faith, e.g " I cannot verify the radioactive decay of this compound but i feel it in my heart that it is real, i have faith that it is real?" Let us be truthful to ourselves, would any of us take this serious?

Or a doctor telling you he do not know what is wrong with you but he has faith it is just a headache, wouldn't you leave that hospital without looking back?

Then why do we bury our reason in the inconsistency of faith?

Our faith in anything do not make that thing true, it doesn't even make it probably true or near truth. Our faith in something only affirms we believe it whether it is true or not.

But do we honestly believe it is right to believe something by Faith and not evidence?

Why is it that for obvious things like the SUN nobody needs faith to believe it but when it comes to the subject of a deity or the outright myths that accompanies it as found in most religious books, one is encouraged to hold on to it by faith.

Is it better to hold on to it by faith (whether it is true or not) OR is it better to rely on the evidence of what is to reach a successive approximation.

If someone honestly think it is right to hold on to a postulation by Faith and not evidence then that person is open and vulnerable to any absurd dogma, coercion or whim.

If we think it is more acceptable to base our beliefs on what an ancient book said or what someone said we must believe, then it is obviously evidential that we will not have freedom of thought.

Our own faith will trap us in these inconsistencies and untruths because in that position we would be unable to abandon such ideas when evidence against them comes along because we had no regard for evidence in believing them in the first place.

This like numerous ways religions has bolted us in these implausibilities that can't and shouldn't be questioned.

We have been convinced to believe by Faith that a snake talked and told a woman to eat a fruit.

Or a man somewhere in the Arab world was revealed by some immaterial creature, a book directly from the creator of the universe. One look at this book betrays the plagiarism of older texts, but somehow people are meant to believe Muhammad got it from Allah anyway.

Or a virgin got pregnant without intercourse at the same time that virgin was able to deliver without caesarean operation. In this implausibilities our faith has acted like a fish net that keeps us locked into this belief.

It is not a new thing for religions to make unfounded claims like God lives outside the universe and God is perfect.

This unfounded claims that needs to be believed by Faith even though the obvious goes contrary to this.
Perfection cannot make imperfection, If God is perfect then the story of satan has been murdered. Only something imperfect can make something imperfect.

God is all powerful but he is still playing a bet of souls with his alleged creature Satan.

Something as powerful and omni as God cannot have an enemy but religions asserts a God who has an enemy, the worst part is this enemy is still a product of this God, this enemy was powerful enough to destroy or sabotage the plans of an all powerful God like in Eden, God sometimes teams up with this enemy to go mess with someone like they did to job.

Some humans even travel on a pilgrimage to go and stone the enemy of an all powerful God, can one begin to just imagine the outright nonsensical ideas religions has bathed the world with.

A hindu will always claim Brahma seats outside the universe and is all powerful, a muslim claims so for Allah and a christian for yahweh.

They mostly make this claim based on what a book written by primitive men said, even if there is such a thing there is no way you can know, since it is outside human perception how the hell then did you get to know even to the extent of knowing it's characters.

But come to think of it, you assert a God that is all powerful and outside space and time but yet this God;

Needs worship that he can burn you if you don't give it.
Needs praise
needs acknowledgement.
Needs love even if he/she has to threaten you into it
Is not interested if a crane falls or not but is interested if i masturbate
Likes the smell of burning flesh
demands bloody sacrifices
exhibits mundane traits like hatred, jealousy, anger, wrath, judgemental not to talk of an outstanding ego.
Needs humans to speak or kill for it.
is confined to the pages of a book to speak or claim existentiality.

This list can go on and on to see how the characteristics heaped on this Gods or God concept in totality nullifies or contradicts its other traits like being perfect.

A perfect being wouldn't posses any of the above traits mentioned above. . Even a human who possess all of the above, i wonder what we would make out of such human, but apparently it is ok if it's a deity.

Something perfect needs not worship or praise or acknowledgement because it doesn't add or remove from what it is but then why are we faced with one that is even threatening to burn you if you don't give these things and still dub it perfect. That is outrightly absurd.

God has disturbing characteristics like loving the smell of burnt flesh, exhibits punny emotions that are as a result of insecurity.
Hatred, jealousy, anger, wrath are mundane traits possessed by mundane beings as a result of their insecurity and instability of emotion. i wonder how an all powerful and perfect deity should operate within the confines of these childish and disturbing insecure human emotions.

Yet again this is how religions bolts a mind in inconsistency by the act of having faith without question.

Cultivating questions should be one of the remarkable traits of humans as a being with intellect. How come this curiosity is killed when it comes to applying it to religions?

How come Islam threatens torture and death if you blaspheme on Allah or his prophet.

The minds have been held far too long into absurdities by faith, it is time to let the nudging attempts of your reason to break free and let the questions cultivate.

To me personally i would rather base my confidence on reason, consistent logic, systematic deductions and evidence than base it on faith.

Faith to me is a dishonest position that involves emotionally clutching to a stoic conviction of an assertion that is postulated against reason which also needs to be defended against reason.

If just like the sun is not believed by faith, anything needs to be believed by faith( whether is is true or not) and not evidence then it is not worth believing in the first place.
[/b]

14 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Questioning The Implausibilities 2 (reason Over Faith) by hahn(m): 11:58am On Sep 30, 2015
johnydon22:
[b]Before anyone comes here to lament how this is an attack on their religion, let it be known here that the word "God" in this post is not referring to any one deity here, just as the word is used normally the word will be used here to refer to the theistic God concept.

This is a mind stroking topic that as always is a charge to independent reason and to apply reason in belief.

It is not a hidden thing that Religions and Belief strives on Faith. From a very young age we have be taught to believe it, have faith, do not question it because it is a sin.

I remember vividly in one of our catechism classes as a child a boy asked "Why did God create the tree that wasn't supposed to be eaten?"
The voice of our catechism teacher as she scolded the little boy for asking this question.

"Don't question God because it is a sin unless you want to go to hell" This has been a catchy line used to coerced young Children into submission, used to murder their curiosity, used to instill fear of their own reason and the result is everywhere.

Most adults in their religions now are afraid to cultivate healthy questions against their belief or employ the use of reason on their belief. The premise for theses questions are there but the fear of allowing this question cultivate holds them in check as a result of the indoctrination they were subjected to as children.

These implausible tales are meant to be believed and not questioned according to religions. you should believe them by "Faith" no matter how absurd it sounds as long as you hold unto it by "Faith" then it must be true.

Why should the young minds be discouraged from questions? why should the employment of healthy reason not be applied to religious beliefs and why should these belief rely on indoctrinations of a young mind for continuity.

Only a lie would fear questions, the truth do not fear scrutinization or review, the truth do not bank on the gullibility of a child's mind (who doesn't know what he find to be plausible or not yet) to ensure conformity.

If your parents waited for you to get up to this age before telling you for the first time the story of a man who was travelling and his donkey talked to him, there is no doubt that you would have laughed and told him uptight how such tales were mythological fabrications

But it had to be sung into you as a child, scolded into you that it is true and a child has no choice but to believe what you tell them unlike an adult who is able to weight and disagree.

Take for instance during our catechism class, the young boy was very correct. I never thought about that particular question until i became a grown up, let us be truthful to ourselves.

According to the tale: God didn't want the fruit to be eaten, the fruit according to God is not good for humans then why put it there in the first place?

I have a poisoned biscuit for mouse bait, i know it is dangerous for children and not good for them. I am fully aware of this but instead of keeping the biscuit inside my pocket i brought it out to the children, kept it in front of them and say "Don't touch it" and when they eventually do i blame them for it?

This has been one of the numerous tales we have been told to swallow with faith, do not question it because the ways of God is not the ways of my man.

Furthering the cause of "Faith" it buries a mind in inconsistency and keeps him bolted in his own delusion.
In Greek classical antiquity we are faced with the story of Perseus having a flying horse! We all are indifferent to this because we recognize it to be myth, because we all know flying horses are constructs of plain mythology.

But yet again Muhammed rode a flying horse to Jerusalem and some of us hold this to be true. .who exactly are we kidding?

You hold the former to be myth but to the later because you have "Faith" in it you hold it to be true, this betrays the dishonesty in the position of faith.

If the first is a myth because there is no flying horse then there is no way the second instance can be true. But this outright implausibility have been laid out to be believed with Faith.

Faith which is believing something whether it is true or not should not in the first place be a basis of conclusion.

You and i do not believe by FAITH that the sun is there, No, we lack faith that there is a sun rather we are SURE that there is a sun.

why then are we encouraged to believe a story by faith and not because we are sure of it?

why then do we need to revere what we hold on to by faith more than the things we are sure of?

If scientific deductions worked like Faith, e.g " I cannot verify the radioactive decay of this compound but i feel it in my heart that it is real, i have faith that it is real?" Let us be truthful to ourselves, would any of us take this serious?

Or a doctor telling you he do not know what is wrong with you but he has faith it is just a headache, wouldn't you leave that hospital without looking back?

Our faith in anything do not make that thing true, it doesn't even make it probably true or near truth. Our faith in something only affirms we believe it whether it is true or not.

But do we honestly believe it is right to believe something by Faith and not evidence?

Why is it that for obvious things like the SUN nobody needs faith to believe it but when it comes to the subject of a deity or the outright myths that accompanies it as found in most religious books, one is encouraged to hold on to it by faith.

Is it better to hold on to it by faith (whether it is true or not) OR is it better to rely on the evidence of what is to reach a successive approximation.

If someone honestly think it is right to hold on to a postulation by Faith and not evidence then that person is open and vulnerable to any absurd dogma, coercion or whim.

If we think it is more acceptable to base our beliefs on what an ancient book said or what someone said we must believe, then it is obviously evidential that we will not have freedom of thought.

Our own faith will trap us in these inconsistencies and untruths because in that position we would be unable to abandon such ideas when evidence against them comes along because we had no regard for evidence in believing them in the first place.

This like numerous ways religions has bolted us in these implausibilities that can't and shouldn't be questioned.

We have been convinced to believe by Faith that a snake talked and told a woman to eat a fruit.

Or a man somewhere in the Arab world was revealed by some immaterial creature, a book directly from the creator of the universe. One look at this book betrays the plagiarism of older texts, but somehow people are meant to believe Muhammad got it from Allah anyway.

Or a virgin got pregnant without intercourse at the same time that virgin was able to deliver without caesarean operation. In this implausibilities our faith has acted like a fish net that keeps us locked into this belief.

It is not a new thing for religions to make unfounded claims like God lives outside the universe and God is perfect.

This unfounded claims that needs to be believed by Faith even though the obvious goes contrary to this.
Perfection cannot make imperfection, If God is perfect then the story of satan has been murdered. Only something imperfect can make something imperfect.

God is all powerful but he is still playing a bet of souls with his alleged creature Satan.

Something as powerful and omni as God cannot have an enemy but religions asserts a God who has an enemy, the worst part is this enemy is still a product of this God, this enemy was powerful enough to destroy or sabotage the plans of an all powerful God like in Eden, God sometimes teams up with this enemy to go mess with someone like they did to job.

Some humans even travel on a pilgrimage to go and stone the enemy of an all powerful God, can one begin to just imagine the outright nonsensical ideas religions has bathed the world with.

A hindu will always claim Brahma seats outside the universe and is all powerful, a muslim claims so for Allah and a christian for yahweh.

They mostly make this claim based on what a book written by primitive men said, even if there is such a thing there is no way you can know, since it is outside human perception how the hell then did you get to know even to the extent of knowing it's characters.

But come to think of it, you assert a God that is all powerful and outside space and time but yet this God;

Needs praise
needs acknowledgement.
exhibits mundane traits like hatred, jealousy, anger, wrath, judgemental not to talk of an outstanding ego.

This list can go on and on to see how the characteristics heaped on this Gods or God concept in totality nullifies or contradicts its other traits like being perfect.

A perfect being wouldn't posses any of the above traits mentioned above. . Even a human who possess all of the above, i wonder what we would make out of such human, but apparently it is ok if it's a deity.

Something perfect needs not worship or praise or acknowledgement because it doesn't add or remove from what it is but then why are we faced with one that is even threatening to burn you if you don't give these things and still dub it perfect. That is outrightly absurd.

God has disturbing characteristics like loving the smell of burnt flesh, exhibits punny emotions that are as a result of insecurity.
Hatred, jealousy, anger, wrath are mundane traits possessed by mundane beings as a result of their insecurity and instability of emotion. i wonder how an all powerful and perfect deity should operate within the confines of these childish and disturbing insecure human emotions.

Yet again this is how religions bolts a mind in inconsistency by the act of having faith without question.

Cultivating questions should be one of the remarkable traits of humans as a being with intellect. How come this curiosity is killed when it comes to applying it to religions?

How come Islam threatens torture and death if you blaspheme on Allah or his prophet.

The minds have been held far too long into absurdities by faith, it is time to let the nudging attempts of your reason to break free and let the questions cultivate.

To me personally i would rather base my confidence on reason, consistent logic, systematic deductions and evidence than base it on faith.

Faith to me is a dishonest position that involves emotionally clutching to a stoic conviction of an assertion that is postulated against reason which also needs to be defended against reason.

If just like the sun is not believed by faith, anything needs to be believed by faith( whether is is true or not) and not evidence then it is not worth believing in the first place.
[/b]

Just so you understand grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Questioning The Implausibilities 2 (reason Over Faith) by HomoSapiien: 12:19pm On Sep 30, 2015
Nice one OP
Re: Questioning The Implausibilities 2 (reason Over Faith) by HomoSapiien: 12:23pm On Sep 30, 2015
hahn:

Please eedit you post, you don't need to quote everything.
Re: Questioning The Implausibilities 2 (reason Over Faith) by menesheh(m): 12:33pm On Sep 30, 2015
Questioning the implausibilities 2

On my way to kafanchan, will be back in a jiffy.
Re: Questioning The Implausibilities 2 (reason Over Faith) by hahn(m): 1:04pm On Sep 30, 2015
HomoSapiien:

Please eedit you post, you don't need to quote everything.

Actually, some people need to read the post twice to properly understand it. You'd be surprised to find out that some of them will still come here and speak off point. Look out for the one they call malvisguy, an2select, kingebukasblog(aka bubu) and the rest of them who have abondoned common sense to hold on to fables and fairytale. They come here to defend an almighty being that doesn't even have access to the internet and it has been unable to defend itself or even show itself for more than 2000 years. Some people might mistake this for an example of power but it is only an evidence of incompetence.

Johny made on point, how can a virgin give birth without a c-section? Did the baby disflower the mom? Very important question here I must say.

It disappointing really

1 Like

Re: Questioning The Implausibilities 2 (reason Over Faith) by kolajamesjnr(m): 1:07pm On Sep 30, 2015
Why will god give me a brain and nt want me to use it
Faith = Intellectual dishonesty
Re: Questioning The Implausibilities 2 (reason Over Faith) by Nobody: 1:18pm On Sep 30, 2015
Now let me play the Devils advocate...

If all these things are now known, what's the reason of him been God?

Sometimes, I think some a boss can not be questioned on some of his decisions. So how dare u question a supreme deity?.

Well I don't speak for him, he is just experimenting.

Bring it on cool
Re: Questioning The Implausibilities 2 (reason Over Faith) by johnydon22(m): 1:26pm On Sep 30, 2015
krattoss:
Now let me play the Devils advocate...

If all these things are now known, what's the reason of him been God?

Sometimes, I think some a boss can not be questioned on some of his decisions. So how dare u question a supreme deity?.

Well I don't speak for him, he is just experimenting.

Bring it on cool
Hahahaha he is experimenting and humans are the lab rat right? wink

An all omniscient deity or being should have known the results of this experiment even before carrying it out....lol..

1 Like

Re: Questioning The Implausibilities 2 (reason Over Faith) by Nobody: 1:29pm On Sep 30, 2015
johnydon22:

Hahahaha he is experimenting and humans are the lab rat right? wink

An all omniscient deity or being should have known the results of this experiment even before carrying it out....lol..
I guess he is enjoying it.
Re: Questioning The Implausibilities 2 (reason Over Faith) by johnydon22(m): 1:33pm On Sep 30, 2015
kolajamesjnr:

Why will god give me a brain and nt want me to use it
Faith = Intellectual dishonesty
hahn:

Y'all needn't quote the whole post na shocked Please modify to free up some space abeg!!! cheesy
Re: Questioning The Implausibilities 2 (reason Over Faith) by Remilekun101: 1:52pm On Sep 30, 2015
Try and hold a bowlful of "clean" water, what do you see?

1 Like

Re: Questioning The Implausibilities 2 (reason Over Faith) by hahn(m): 1:59pm On Sep 30, 2015
johnydon22:

Y'all needn't quote the whole post na shocked Please modify to free up some space abeg!!! cheesy

Let them read something else apart from their book of Israeli fables grin
Re: Questioning The Implausibilities 2 (reason Over Faith) by hahn(m): 2:03pm On Sep 30, 2015
Remilekun101:

undecided

johnydon22
plaetton
menesheh
atheist101
ifeness
kolajamesjnr

I don't have the intelligence to answer this question as it relates to the topic. I'm sure you guys can grin
Re: Questioning The Implausibilities 2 (reason Over Faith) by Nobody: 2:06pm On Sep 30, 2015
hahn:

undecided

johnydon22
plaetton
menesheh
atheist101
ifeness
kolajamesjnr

I don't have the intelligence to answer this question as it relates to the topic. I'm sure you guys can grin

Your reflection
Re: Questioning The Implausibilities 2 (reason Over Faith) by hahn(m): 2:08pm On Sep 30, 2015
ifeness:

Your reflection

What has that got to do with the topic?
Re: Questioning The Implausibilities 2 (reason Over Faith) by hahn(m): 2:09pm On Sep 30, 2015
Remilekun101:

I see my hand holding a bowl full of clean water.

What do you see?
Re: Questioning The Implausibilities 2 (reason Over Faith) by Remilekun101: 2:22pm On Sep 30, 2015
hahn:

I see my hand holding a bowl full of clean water.

What do you see?

put the water under a microscope of high magnification... is the water still clean?

1 Like

Re: Questioning The Implausibilities 2 (reason Over Faith) by johnydon22(m): 2:26pm On Sep 30, 2015
Remilekun101:

put the water under a microscope of high magnification... is the water still clean?
Correct analogy and this is just exactly how religions and God concepts work.

They give it to you in the guise of perfection and clean by Faith, simply put the concept under the microscope of reason and logic and you are left with stupendously ridiculous and outrightly implausible concept.. smiley

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Questioning The Implausibilities 2 (reason Over Faith) by Nobody: 2:36pm On Sep 30, 2015
johnydon22:

They give it to you in the guise of perfection and clean by Faith, simply put the concept under the microscope of reason and logic and you are left with stupendously ridiculous and outrightly implausible concept.. smiley
damm.. This made my day..

I think this analogy should be on a thread of its own.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Questioning The Implausibilities 2 (reason Over Faith) by hahn(m): 2:37pm On Sep 30, 2015
Remilekun101:

Yes it still is. Next question?
Re: Questioning The Implausibilities 2 (reason Over Faith) by freecocoa(f): 2:38pm On Sep 30, 2015
Nice one jay as usual.
Re: Questioning The Implausibilities 2 (reason Over Faith) by hahn(m): 2:41pm On Sep 30, 2015
johnydon22:

How come? I checked the water under a microscope and it's still clean undecided
Re: Questioning The Implausibilities 2 (reason Over Faith) by johnydon22(m): 2:43pm On Sep 30, 2015
hahn:

How come? I checked the water under a microscope and it's still clean undecided

You microscope is broken grin

1 Like

Re: Questioning The Implausibilities 2 (reason Over Faith) by Krystalzkris(f): 3:53pm On Sep 30, 2015
very nice one. I hope some wailing wailers wont come here to show their selves.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Questioning The Implausibilities 2 (reason Over Faith) by Remilekun101: 5:26pm On Sep 30, 2015
johnydon22:

you got me in a way even if i tend to drive the point somewhere else
Re: Questioning The Implausibilities 2 (reason Over Faith) by hahn(m): 5:36pm On Sep 30, 2015
johnydon22:

You microscope is broken grin

Lol.

Says who? The guy said "clean" water and naturally I thought he meant water that has been boiled above 100 degrees c.

Besides, he wrote again:

Remilekun101:

So at this point it is safe to say no one knows what he means grin
Re: Questioning The Implausibilities 2 (reason Over Faith) by Remilekun101: 5:40pm On Sep 30, 2015
hahn:

Lol.

Says who? The guy said "clean" water and naturally I thought he meant water that has been boiled above 100 degrees c.

Besides, he wrote again:

So at this point it is safe to say no one knows what he means grin

Johnnydon is right in a way if you look at it from another perspective, yet wrong in my way
Re: Questioning The Implausibilities 2 (reason Over Faith) by hahn(m): 5:50pm On Sep 30, 2015
Remilekun101:

Johnnydon is right in a way if you look at it from another perspective, yet wrong in my way

And your way is?
Re: Questioning The Implausibilities 2 (reason Over Faith) by johnydon22(m): 8:18pm On Sep 30, 2015
Remilekun101:

Hahahahahahaha. .

1 Like

Re: Questioning The Implausibilities 2 (reason Over Faith) by malvisguy212: 7:29am On Oct 01, 2015
Op. Just because your Sunday school teacher discourage you from asking question doesent mean the bible do so.
The talking donkey do not just start talking on his own , the bible indicate , it was a supernatural event ,just because you don't believe in miracle dos not mean people who believe in it are foolish.

Now, concerning faith: contrary to what the op writes, the Bible does not teach blind faith. In fact, the Bible actually tells believers to test everything ( 1
Thessalonians 5:21). No other "holy" book tells its readers to actually put what it says to the test. The Bible can make such a statement because it passes the tests of truthfulness that no other "holy" book can. God Himself in His revelation to Isaiah stated, "Come now, and let us REASON TOGETHER..." God, the Creator of humans and human reasoning ability wants us to use that ability to determine His plan of salvation. How do we determine if the Bible is true? We test it and see if it is reasonable. Psalm 19 tells us that the universe "declares the glory of God" and that this "voice goes out into all the earth." This site is dedicated to showing how the universe declares God's love and design. In fact, the Bible says that the evidence for God's design of the
universe is so strong that people are
"without excuse" in rejecting God and His plan of salvation.

Psalm26:2
Examine me, O LORD, and try me;
Test my mind and my heart.

Jeremiah 17:10
"I, the LORD, search the heart, I test
the mind, Even to give to each man
according to his ways, According to
the results of his deeds.

A zeal for God is not sufficient to please Him, since many Jews have this zeal, although it is misplaced since it is "not in accordance with knowledge." The Bible encourages believers to have a knowledge-based faith, built upon sound biblical doctrine. When Paul preached the gospel, he did it through reasoning from the scriptures and not an appeal to blind faith, Paul even say "if an angel or human should preach different gospel,let him be accused" meaning people are not to believe him on blind faith , but are encourage to put to test on what he preach , to see if he preach different gospel.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Questioning The Implausibilities 2 (reason Over Faith) by KingEbukasBlog(m): 7:37am On Oct 01, 2015
johnydon22:

Needs praise
needs acknowledgement.

[/b]

This should be a great topic for drunks in a beer parlor

Its my opinion though

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Book Of Enoch EXPOSED! / Jehovah's Witness Statistics - Video - Untold Fact, Hidden Figures / Could This Be The Reason Why Russia Never Kept Black Slaves?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 171
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.