Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,296 members, 7,808,008 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:40 AM

Tension In Ibadan Poly As Student Dies At Medical Centre - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Tension In Ibadan Poly As Student Dies At Medical Centre (23381 Views)

500L Covenant University Student Dies In School (Photo) / Odusami AJibola-Mathew, UNILAG Student Dies While Playing Football With Friends / UNIMAID Dental Student Dies 3 Days After Oath-taking (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tension In Ibadan Poly As Student Dies At Medical Centre by Sveen: 12:08pm On Sep 30, 2015
Uneasy calm pervades the Polytechnic Ibadan following the death of a student on Tuesday morning due to alleged negligence by staff at the institution ’ s medical Centre.

The deceased , Akintaro Raphael , was said to be an ND 1 part -time student of Electrical Engineering in the Faculty of Engineering at the institution .

The incident led to violent protest by the students during which facilities at the health centre were destroyed and some workers at the health Centre were beaten up.

According to a source who witnessed the protest, “ the school management hurriedly transferred all the patients from the health centre and locked up the place. The nurses also fled . They did that because the students who were protesting said they were coming back to set the place on fire . ”

Akinlere Damilare, Students Union Government ( SUG ) Financial Secretary , who spoke with an online news portal said : “ The students went on the rampage when they heard that a fellow student died because they did not attend to him at the health centre . They went wild and blocked the Sango-Eleyele road. ”

Damilare further revealed that the SUG arranged for the body of the student to be taken to Ogombo where his parents live for burial .

Academic activities at the institution were put on hold as the students who were writing their examinations were unable to enter the school.

The front gate of the institution was locked and security was beefed up in and around the institution.

http://www.pmnewsnigeria.com/2015/09/30/tension-in-ibadan-poly-as-student-dies-at-medical-centre/

lalasticlala

1 Like

Re: Tension In Ibadan Poly As Student Dies At Medical Centre by adedayourt(m): 12:08pm On Sep 30, 2015
RIP to tza studnt.
Re: Tension In Ibadan Poly As Student Dies At Medical Centre by Marvel1206: 12:10pm On Sep 30, 2015
cry
Re: Tension In Ibadan Poly As Student Dies At Medical Centre by Omotayor123(f): 12:11pm On Sep 30, 2015
Another death caused by negligence!!! .... Which way

2 Likes

Re: Tension In Ibadan Poly As Student Dies At Medical Centre by Doyin400l(m): 12:13pm On Sep 30, 2015
Lalasticlala food is ready
I smell fP.

AWON WEREY 100%™
Re: Tension In Ibadan Poly As Student Dies At Medical Centre by Raypawer(m): 12:14pm On Sep 30, 2015
RIP to the Dead!
Re: Tension In Ibadan Poly As Student Dies At Medical Centre by obinnajr(m): 12:14pm On Sep 30, 2015
NAWA OOO, STUDENTS PROTESTING, POLITICIANS DRAGGING SHARES AND POWER, GOVERNORS REQUESTING FOR BILLIONS LOANS, JOBLESS NAIRALANDERS COMMENTING WHILE WE WAIT FOR THE CHANGE TO COME, IF IT IS IN A NORMAL COUNTRY, HUMAN WELFARE WILL BE THE NO 1 PIRORITY..... THE POOR DIE UNATTENDED.... THERE WAS A COUNRTY..... IN NIGERIA AFRICA DIED.

1 Like

Re: Tension In Ibadan Poly As Student Dies At Medical Centre by Beedemi247: 12:14pm On Sep 30, 2015
eyahh..not cool life goes on.. the recklessness of our universities ehnn.. i rem wen i was in school,i had a dislocation,wen i went to the medical unit for checkup.. they only gave me paracetamol for dislocation onthe leg.. it is terrible

Re: Tension In Ibadan Poly As Student Dies At Medical Centre by OZAOEKPE(f): 12:15pm On Sep 30, 2015
"buhari why". Quote me anywhere.

4 Likes

Re: Tension In Ibadan Poly As Student Dies At Medical Centre by Sveen: 12:15pm On Sep 30, 2015
The student should deal with the health workers in a way that wouldn't affect the other patients.

Burning down the clinic is their loss afterall.
Re: Tension In Ibadan Poly As Student Dies At Medical Centre by idrisalomagold(m): 12:15pm On Sep 30, 2015
I just hope those lazy bones has not performed any experiment on the innocent soul.
Re: Tension In Ibadan Poly As Student Dies At Medical Centre by cutebobo(m): 12:15pm On Sep 30, 2015
A case like this happened in UI, LAUTECH and now POLY IBADAN. If we carefully follow the three stories, u will notice that there are some form of similarities in the stories. My point is that, I can't blame the clinic because if someone is destined to die someday, it must be through something. If they weren't destined to die that day, I'm telling u, even parastalmol will cure them.

Rest in peace bro.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tension In Ibadan Poly As Student Dies At Medical Centre by RichDad1(m): 12:15pm On Sep 30, 2015
RIP young one. I'm sure you'll be at the side.
Re: Tension In Ibadan Poly As Student Dies At Medical Centre by horexy(f): 12:16pm On Sep 30, 2015
I wonder why most doctors in Nigeria take d Hippocratic oath then..SMH.
Re: Tension In Ibadan Poly As Student Dies At Medical Centre by TheMainMan: 12:16pm On Sep 30, 2015
.. This has to stop... ..
Re: Tension In Ibadan Poly As Student Dies At Medical Centre by Sultanchidi(m): 12:16pm On Sep 30, 2015
Pishure or
Re: Tension In Ibadan Poly As Student Dies At Medical Centre by j4sure(m): 12:16pm On Sep 30, 2015
Haaaaaaa. na waoh
Re: Tension In Ibadan Poly As Student Dies At Medical Centre by menix(m): 12:16pm On Sep 30, 2015
Nawa ooo...

If nah. Unilag now we for see am for TV nd Minister of Health(Buhari) for don set up. Probe panel..

Buh nah poly so the story ends on nairaland..

Anyway RIP to d deceased, jst make sure u mark the faces of the hospital attendants that refused u medical attention nd wait for them at Valhalla..

1 Like

Re: Tension In Ibadan Poly As Student Dies At Medical Centre by damton(m): 12:16pm On Sep 30, 2015
Why are we having cases of student die at medical centre's of schools lately? perhaps something needs to be done in that respect.
Re: Tension In Ibadan Poly As Student Dies At Medical Centre by makdcash(m): 12:17pm On Sep 30, 2015
Lord plz intervene.....

1 Like

Re: Tension In Ibadan Poly As Student Dies At Medical Centre by Sirme411(m): 12:17pm On Sep 30, 2015
Since yesterday....nd op is just posting this today. Well May his Soul Rest in peace.. We still did exam 2dai sha...the protest is off..
Re: Tension In Ibadan Poly As Student Dies At Medical Centre by Sweetyie(f): 12:18pm On Sep 30, 2015
Eeeyah. RIP to him. Imagine young blood
Re: Tension In Ibadan Poly As Student Dies At Medical Centre by emmabest2000(m): 12:18pm On Sep 30, 2015
Raypawer:
story

Re: Tension In Ibadan Poly As Student Dies At Medical Centre by Nobody: 12:18pm On Sep 30, 2015
That staff should be suspended.
Re: Tension In Ibadan Poly As Student Dies At Medical Centre by Nobody: 12:18pm On Sep 30, 2015
Not nice.
Re: Tension In Ibadan Poly As Student Dies At Medical Centre by ckmayoca: 12:18pm On Sep 30, 2015
Sultanchidi:
Pishure or

U no need picture... he dey mortuary, just waka go see am. U hear?
Re: Tension In Ibadan Poly As Student Dies At Medical Centre by Nobody: 12:20pm On Sep 30, 2015
RIP
Re: Tension In Ibadan Poly As Student Dies At Medical Centre by Bondesniger(m): 12:21pm On Sep 30, 2015
GOD please Help us oo
Re: Tension In Ibadan Poly As Student Dies At Medical Centre by Timoleon(m): 12:21pm On Sep 30, 2015
Such a terrible country.
Re: Tension In Ibadan Poly As Student Dies At Medical Centre by virginboy1(m): 12:21pm On Sep 30, 2015
What is wrong with Ibadan tertiary institutions with poor medic facilities,only this year alone more than 3 students have died due to negligence.
cryWhat is wrong with Ibadan tertiary institutions with poor medic facilities,only this year alone more than 3 students have died due to negligence.
Re: Tension In Ibadan Poly As Student Dies At Medical Centre by Precious91(m): 12:22pm On Sep 30, 2015
Schools and not catering for students health.So many avoidable deaths in institutions.I stopped donating blood when in OAU then,a student died some days after we donated blood.He needed blood and no blood available.We need to upgrade the system.
Re: Tension In Ibadan Poly As Student Dies At Medical Centre by passionate88: 12:23pm On Sep 30, 2015
R.I.P to the deceased.

(1) (2) (Reply)

What's The Most Memorable Thing That Happened To You In The University? / 15 Types Of Students You'll Find In Your Department. / Idogho's Picture Used For Obituary-Protest In AuchiPoly

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.