Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,298 members, 7,808,012 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:18 AM

My Fellow Agnostic And Atheist, What If We Got It All Wrong? - Religion (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / My Fellow Agnostic And Atheist, What If We Got It All Wrong? (22135 Views)

God Is An Atheist: What Theists Cant argue.Discover God's God / Does Your Family Know That You Are An Atheist? What Are Their Thoughts On It? / Questions For Highly Intelligent Atheist, Agnostic And Critical Thinkers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Fellow Agnostic And Atheist, What If We Got It All Wrong? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 8:35pm On Oct 02, 2015
dalaman:

Please do some study on the origin of the Hebrew people and what historians have to say on the conquest of Canaan.

So the bible which you claimed was mythical is now history - containing even the origin of the Hebrew people .

Let me get this straight from you - can history contain mythical events ?
Re: My Fellow Agnostic And Atheist, What If We Got It All Wrong? by dalaman: 8:39pm On Oct 02, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:

So the bible which you claimed was mythical is now history - containing even the origin of the Hebrew people .

Let me get this straight from you - can history contain mythical events ?

Where did I mention the bible in my statement?
Re: My Fellow Agnostic And Atheist, What If We Got It All Wrong? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 8:43pm On Oct 02, 2015
dalaman:

Where did I mention the bible in my statement?

ok sorry .

So Dalaman , can history contain mythical events ?
Re: My Fellow Agnostic And Atheist, What If We Got It All Wrong? by Antiparticle(m): 8:48pm On Oct 02, 2015
@bstringz
For me to absorb the different Bible verses that you quote, you first have to prove to me that the Bible is credible and that the Abrahamic God is real. You can't be using the Bible to convince me since I obviously and repeatedly just explained to you how I arrived at the conclusion that its claims around divinity and deity are not credible. Your sort of approach is circular and won't get a non-theist/atheist to go along with your flow.

What you need to do is stop making presuppositional statements that presume that I consider the Bible to be credible. If you make arguments that are not presuppositional, then I can follow you. But for now, I can't follow your points at all. Additionally, odds are I have already deeply studied whatever verse you will ever quote to me.

Note: I'm not saying that everything in the Bible is a lie... I am saying that its most important claims about divinity, deity, and miracles are absolutely not credible.
Re: My Fellow Agnostic And Atheist, What If We Got It All Wrong? by frank317: 8:49pm On Oct 02, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:

Stop making assumptions . Do you stay in the North East ?

Lol... You need Jesus.
Re: My Fellow Agnostic And Atheist, What If We Got It All Wrong? by SonOfEl(m): 8:59pm On Oct 02, 2015
Antiparticle:
@bstringz
I don't owe you an explanation about my search for God bro. But let me start here.

I can tell you that I was born into a Christian family... and for the past decade and half (up until sometime within the past year) I was a very strong and genuine Christian. I really tried hard to follow God. But certain things that happened in my life and in the life of people I loved caused me to start asking critical questions a few years ago about the role of God in the empirical world. I became deeply curious about if God was indeed interventionist, if he was an active observer, or if he was just a passive observer in the world. I was deeply and genuinely Christian during this time... I spoke to other solid believers and leaders of my fellowships/church (whom I mostly still respect) about it and we would think it through together. I also read lots of books by deep-thinking Christian theologians. Sometimes I would get satisfactory answers, sometimes I wouldn't. But I didn't make a big deal of the lack of answers. I also, as you would expect of any genuine Christian, prayed a lot for God to help me work through these things.

For at least seven of the last ten years that I was a passionate Christian, I had all these doubts. Yet, they didn't change the extent of my belief in God as I had strong "unshakeable" faith. The straw that gradually began to break the camel's back was when I started doing my own readings on world history and apologetic theology over the past three years. Through these past three years I prayed and prayed that God should reveal "Himself" to me. During these years, I also started to become sensitive to the contradictions and homicidal/genocidal/infanticidal acts by God in the Bible... yet I explained them away so I could preserve my faith. I still hadn't lost my faith.

Notwithstanding, I realized that all miracles that ever happened to me or anyone I knew or heard about could not stand the test of empirical scrutiny (as a physicist/statistician/engineer, this was so easy to do). The notion that God answered prayers, too, failed to be true to when placed beside control experiments.

One thing I also thought of a lot: if God was interventionist and if "He" performed miracles like healing @KingEbukasBlog's twisted and badly swollen ankle, why didn't he intervene when black slaves (most of whom had become Christian when they arrived the Americas) prayed that he free them during the hundreds-year-long captivity by European Americans? It makes no sense that a just interventionist God would consistently ignore bigger atrocities yet perform instant miracles when it came to things like hurting ankles. This dealt a big slap to my idea of a God of justice. The Old and New Testaments promise an interventionist God of justice, but I began to realize that "He" has been no where to be found. At this point, I still hadn't stopped being Christian though I was already heavily discouraged.

What began the radical shattering of any semblance of my Christianity and theism was my research on the authenticity and reliability of the story of Jesus's resurrection. Prior to that, I had still chosen to believe everything by faith because I had thought that my concerns were inconsequential if Jesus indeed resurrected and rose from the grave. Well, quickly into my research I realized that it is a commonly accepted knowledge (amongst dead sea scroll researchers and academic theologians) that the earliest versions of the book of Mark (the oldest Gospel) had nothing about the resurrection story in it. It was in the later versions (that other people had copied and rewritten) decades after that the story had inexplicably become included.

There, also, was no external evidence, EVER, of any of the miracles that Jesus did. I mean, NONE! Jesus lived during the Roman Empire. This empire had well-read literate historians who wrote down the most remarkable things that happened even three hundred years before Christ was born. The Romans were an extremely well-organized and powerful empire. Yet, they said nothing about Jesus' miracles or resurrection story. Admittedly, one historian by the name of Josephus wrote about the existence of someone who some people today think was Jesus, but even Josephus made no notes about his supposed resurrection or miracles. This started to raise massive red flags that I couldn't ignore. I realized that the miracles stories of the Bible were written at a time of vast superstition... it was a time when several false miracle stories existed... monarchs & certain humans were considered divine, etc. Without external evidence, this was what truly shattered the credibility of the Bible.

The revisionist history of Christianity didn't help either (I discussed this in a previous post).

My exit from Christianity was unplanned and shocking, even to me. I had realized that it was all a sham. I was in a state of panic for six weeks as almost all my friends are strong Christians. Same for my immediate family. No one in my immediate family knows yet, and I am still concerned at the outcome if any one of them finds out (though that may change in due time).

I am very surprised that it would be someone like me, with so much faith at the time, that would become non-theist. But now it makes sense... I was always the kid who asked lots of questions in class. I was always the kid who wanted to know how something worked. It was only a matter of time before something in my life caused me to start asking critical questions about Jesus/God. This is how it happened.

You think that I decided to stop being theist because it would benefit me? As an act of self-preservation I had chosen to keep believing in faith for as long as I could, until I realized that faith in the face of overwhelmingly conflicting evidence was false. Being non-theist hasn't changed my behavior whatsoever...the only thing that has changed is that I don't believe in theological/spiritual fairy tales any more... I don't engage in futile prayers anymore... I don't starve myself in the name of fasting anymore... I don't go to church anymore unless I want to go hang out with my friends there and enjoy the community of people that I like there.

So, there it is.

PS: In response to the comment on your first sentence: how could you be "very sure God revealed himself to [me] if [I] honestly [sought] him without any doubt"? Are you a mind reader? Or you say this because it is somewhere in the Bible? Dude, I know Hebrews 11:6 states that God will "reward those who earnestly seek him", but I now know that this is not true.

PS: Please no one should quote this post. It is just too long! lolz

well dude, my story is different. my research brought me closer to God. I discovered that the path and wisdom many people use in trying to discover God is usually self induced. Religion and Science can never fully prove God's existence.

the scriptures record that " the letter kills, but the Spirit gives life". this means that even theology misleads and proves nothing if God decides not to reveal anything to the researcher.

the truth is you can't discover God by yourself unless he chooses to reveal himself to you. theology and science shows only how far our finite mind can go, yet, it is nowhere near the threshold of discovering God.

so how did I find God, or rather, how did God reveal himself to me? the answer goes thus:

what gave birth to man building flying objects, building cities, landing in space, and even querying his own human existence? INSPIRATION! Nothing ever happens without a PURPOSE! once you are inspired by purpose, you won't see life and existence as an accident or coincidence. these realm brings you to humility and opens your soul.

now those who opens their souls believes there must be a higher power watching the existence of man. what you make of this higher power becomes God. to some, its Brahma, to some, buhdda, to some its Jehovah. so the real issue now is, which of them is the true higher power?

Jesus Christ defined true love which is SACRIFICIAL. he sacrificed himself for love of humanity and the world at large. he expects us as humans to LEARN how to truly love ourselves and the epitome of love itself- the higher power called GOD. I believe in Jesus, which leads me to believe in God. God himself (SPIRIT) then revealed himself to me.

My point? you need faith in a higher power to discover God. to find that faith, you must acknowledge an inspired purpose.

THIS IS MY STORY.

SonOfElâ„¢

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Fellow Agnostic And Atheist, What If We Got It All Wrong? by dalaman: 9:24pm On Oct 02, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:

ok sorry .

So Dalaman , can history contain mythical events ?

Sure written or oral history can contain mythical accounts.
Re: My Fellow Agnostic And Atheist, What If We Got It All Wrong? by Antiparticle(m): 9:30pm On Oct 02, 2015
@SonOfEl I applaud the efforts you likely expended on your search for God. From your write-up these three phrases resonated with me:

SonOfEl:
...the scriptures record that " the letter kills, but the Spirit gives life". this means that even theology misleads and proves nothing if God decides not to reveal anything to the researcher.
The bolded once again implies to me that a God of justice "who rewards those who diligently seek Him" does not exist.

SonOfEl:
...My point? you need faith in a higher power to discover God. to find that faith, you must acknowledge an inspired purpose.
Indeed. I solidly agree that it takes faith (without any smattering of evidence) to believe. Based on that premise I guess you would be also ok with believing without evidence that a ten-headed monster with fifteen antlers once lived and came to die for your sins and save you. But you don't believe this obviously because you think it is not plausible. Yet, you believe the story of some dude who supposedly rose from the dead (without any evidence for said resurrection) and you consider that plausible.

Unfortunately I refuse to have faith in a genocidal/infanticidal/homicidal psychopathic Yahweh. I also refuse to have faith in a Yahweh that doesn't even hold true to his own supposed standards of being just and interventionist. I refuse to have faith in a Yahweh that expects people to fight his own wars for him. Such a god would be immoral, untrustworthy, and would not be worthy of worship. Thus, my conclusion still stands.

SonOfEl:
Jesus Christ defined true love which is SACRIFICIAL. he sacrificed himself for love of humanity and the world at large. he expects us as humans to LEARN how to truly love ourselves and the epitome of love itself- the higher power called GOD.
If Jesus existed, he was not the first person to revolutionarily teach people how to love others. Also, the notion that he resurrected is an invention. I will not base my faith on the sinking sand of an invented story. If god(s) exist and he/she/it/they want me to believe, he/she/it/they know how to reach me.

Since Yahweh is "all-powerful" and "instantly heals" swollen badly twisted ankles like @KingEbukasBlog's, then it should be so easy for "Him" to show me and all the other non-theists/atheists that "He" is alive.

Please modify your post above by deleting my long post that you quoted. It occupies too much space. Thanks.
Re: My Fellow Agnostic And Atheist, What If We Got It All Wrong? by SonOfEl(m): 9:42pm On Oct 02, 2015
Antiparticle:
@SonOfEl I applaud the efforts you likely expended on your search for God. From your write-up these three phrases resonated with me:

The bolded once again implies to me that a God of justice "who rewards those who diligently seek Him" does not exist.

Indeed. I solidly agree that it takes faith (without any smattering of evidence) to believe. Unfortunately I refuse to have faith in a genocidal/infanticidal/homicidal psychopathic deity. I also refuse to have faith in a deity that doesn't even hold true to his own supposed standards of being just and interventionist. I refuse to have faith in a deity that expects people to fight his own wars for him. Such a god would be immoral, untrustworthy, and would not be worthy of worship. Thus, my conclusion still stands.

If Jesus existed, he was not the first person to revolutionarily teach people how to love others. Also, the notion that he resurrected is an invention. I will not base my faith on the sinking sand of an invented story. If god(s) exist and he/she/it/they want me to believe, he/she/it/they know how to reach me.

Since Yahweh is "all-powerful" and "instantly heals" swollen badly twisted ankles like @KingEbukasBlog's, then it should be so easy for "Him" to show me and all the other non-theists/atheists that "He" is alive.

Please modify your post above by deleting my long post that you quoted. It occupies too much space. Thanks.

obviously you didn't read my post exhaustively, you just cherry picked and projected your biase.

stop trying to justify your apostacy.

you are only being bitter, and your bitterness won't change anything. God loves you, that's why you have a purpose in life, that's why you are not here by accident or coincidence.

watch the Richard Dawkins vs. John Lennox debate and learn a few things from the discussion.

quit living in denial.
Re: My Fellow Agnostic And Atheist, What If We Got It All Wrong? by Antiparticle(m): 9:54pm On Oct 02, 2015
Ok. I did not cherry pick your post.

Thanks for the judgement @ "apostacy".
You literally haven't responded to why it makes sense to believe in a homicidial/genocidal/infanticidal/psychopathic Yahweh.

You also haven't argued for why you base your faith on the invented notion of Jesus' resurrection.

Also, you clearly contradicted yourself by saying that I am only non-theist to justify my apostacy even though you earlier wrote that God can choose to not reveal himself to someone seeking him. So which is it: non-theists are just bitter hence their unbelief? Or non-theists don't believe because Yahweh abdicated his supposed responsibily to reveal himself to them?

So, there you go.

PS: I understand that you may feel hurt and angry at someone challenging your deeply-held beliefs (thus the name calling), but you should calm down and critically contemplate the likelihood that Jesus never resurrected.

SonOfEl:

obviously you didn't read my post exhaustively, you just cherry picked and projected your biase.

stop trying to justify your apostacy.

you are only being bitter, and your bitterness won't change anything. God loves you, that's why you have a purpose in life, that's why you are not here by accident or coincidence.

watch the Richard Dawkins vs. John Lennox debate and learn a few things from the discussion.

quit living in denial.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Fellow Agnostic And Atheist, What If We Got It All Wrong? by SonOfEl(m): 10:08pm On Oct 02, 2015
Antiparticle:
Ok. I did not cherry pick your post.

Thanks for the judgement @ "apostacy".
You literally haven't responded to why it makes sense to believe in a homicidial/genocidal/infanticidal/psychopathic Yahweh.

You also haven't argued for why you base your faith on the invented notion of Jesus' resurrection.

Also, you clearly contradicted yourself by saying that I am only non-theist to justify my apostacy even though you earlier wrote that God can choose to not reveal himself to someone seeking him. So which is it: non-theists are just bitter hence their unbelief? Or non-theists don't believe because Yahweh abdicated his supposed responsibily to reveal himself to them?

So, there you go.

PS: I understand that you may feel hurt and angry at someone challenging your deeply-held beliefs (thus the name calling), but you should calm down and critically contemplate the likelihood that Jesus never resurrected.

quite funny of you. why trying to analyse a matter when you have already concluded?

Apostacy? yes! what else do you one who had left his faith?

you trying to accuse and judge God is simply laughable. the same way you complain that a just God allows wicked people and system to thrive. if he strikes, he is wicked, if he does not, he is unjust, or probably does not exist.

see, I have met worse atheists or skeptics like you. so you don't prick me one bit. I only returned your arrogance back to you.

antony flew, a former celebrated atheist, later believed in God.
even a diehard skeptic like Voltaire once said that even if there were no god, it would be necessary to create one. whether you choose to believe or not, there is God.

Thomas could not believe at first that Christ had resurrected until Jesus revealed himself to him. my experience with God has convinced me about Christ's resurrection. Jesus even told Thomas "because you saw me you believed, blessed are those, who having not seen me, yet believe".

your type has been in bible prophecy, and you are now manifesting yourselves.

if you really want to discover God, humble yourself and open up your soul. he will reveal himself to you.
Re: My Fellow Agnostic And Atheist, What If We Got It All Wrong? by Antiparticle(m): 10:52pm On Oct 02, 2015
@SonOfEl
Ok. You can have your god... in the same way that all the world's people have that ever lived enjoyed their hundreds of thousands of gods.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Fellow Agnostic And Atheist, What If We Got It All Wrong? by SonOfEl(m): 10:56pm On Oct 02, 2015
Antiparticle:
@SonOfEl
Ok. You can have your god... in the same way that all the world's people have that ever lived enjoyed their hundreds of thousands of gods.

its your choice to make, suit yourself.
Re: My Fellow Agnostic And Atheist, What If We Got It All Wrong? by djdoxxx(m): 11:34pm On Oct 02, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:

Christ came and put an end to all those Jewish rules & laws of the Old Testament .

Are you happy now undecided
Lmao...JACKPOT!!! I Was Waiting For The First Hypocrite To Say This!!! I Just So Knew It That You Are Deluded, And Dont Even Know Anything About Your Bible...! Lets Take A Look At What Christ Himself Said In The New Testament... Mathew 15 Vs 1 : Then The Scribes And Pharisees Who Were From Jerusalem Came To Jesus,saying, 2: Why Do Your Disciples Transgress The Tradition Of The Elders? For They Do Not Wash Their Hands When They Eat Bread. 3: He( Jesus) Answered And Said To Them,'Why Do You Also Transgress The Commandment Of God Because Of Your Tradition? 4: For God Commanded,saying, Honour Your Father And Mother,and He Who Curses Father Or Mother,let Him Be Put To Death. 5: But U Say,' Whoever Says To His Father Or Mother, 'Whatever Profit You Might Have Received From Me Is A Gift From God

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Fellow Agnostic And Atheist, What If We Got It All Wrong? by djdoxxx(m): 11:51pm On Oct 02, 2015
6: 'Then He Need Not Honor His Father Or Mother'. Thus You Have Made The Commandment Of God Of No Effect By Your Tradition 7: HYPOCRITES! Well Did Isaiah Prophesy About You, Saying: 8: These People Draw Near To Me With Their Mouth And Honor Me With Their Lips, But Their Heart Is Far From Me. 9: And In Vain They Worship Me, Teaching As Doctrines The Commandments Of Men.........Hey! Just So You Know,the Book Of Mathew Is In The New Testament, And Dat Was The Saying Of Ur Lord Jesus Rebuking You Hypocrites For Not Following The Commandment Of Ur God In The Killings Of Your Children For Dishonoring Their Parents. I Know For Certainty That You ( Kingebukablog And Other Christian Hypocrites And Bigots) Dishonored Your Parents So Many Times While Growing Up,but Unfortunately, Ur Parents Broke The Commandment Of God Because Christian Leaders Hid This From Them Parading Them With What Seems Good And Promising In The Bible Which Includes Extorting Their Poor Gullible Minds With Various 'Tithing' Passages...

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Fellow Agnostic And Atheist, What If We Got It All Wrong? by djdoxxx(m): 12:09am On Oct 03, 2015
Which Sane Mind Would Kill His Child Because One Jewish God Instructs So? The Only Passages Your Hypocritical Pastors Would Show You In The Bible Is ' Spare The Rod, And Spoil The Child', Because It Appears Normal To Train Up Kids Using The Rod...Your Lazy And Dumb Asses Have Been Deceived All Along...Atleast You Can See It In Ur Bible Where Jesus Was Rebuking The Pharisees That They Have Forsaken The Commandment Of God ( Killing Of Infants And Young Children) By Adhering To Their Own Doctrines...This Shows That When Moses Gave The Law In The Old Testament, People Killed Their Children According To The Law, But After Thousands Of Years, People's Idea Changed,they Grew Off These Primitive And Barbaric Thinkings And They Stopped The Killing Of Their Children...This Of Course Was What Jesus Who Was A Scriptural And Religious ( Judaism) Fanatic Was Trying To Preach And Revive In Them Again Which Led To His Untimely Death...He Was All About Barbaric Doctrines And The Jews Knew All These...How Come You Dont Know?

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Fellow Agnostic And Atheist, What If We Got It All Wrong? by SonOfEl(m): 12:19am On Oct 03, 2015
djdoxxx:
Which Sane Mind Would Kill His Child Because One Jewish God Instructs So? The Only Passages Your Hypocritical Pastors Would Show You In The Bible Is ' Spare The Rod, And Spoil The Child', Because It Appears Normal To Train Up Kids Using The Rod...Your Lazy And Dumb Asses Have Been Deceived All Along...Atleast You Can See It In Ur Bible Where Jesus Was Rebuking The Pharisees That They Have Forsaken The Commandment Of God ( Killing Of Infants And Young Children) By Adhering To Their Own Doctrines...This Shows That When Moses Gave The Law In The Old Testament, People Killed Their Children According To The Law, But After Thousands Of Years, People's Idea Changed,they Grew Off These Primitive And Barbaric Thinkings And They Stopped The Killing Of Their Children...This Of Course Was What Jesus Who Was A Scriptural And Religious ( Judaism) Fanatic Was Trying To Preach And Revive In Them Again Which Led To His Untimely Death...He Was All About Barbaric Doctrines And The Jews Knew All These...How Come You Dont Know?

rant, rant, rant, that's all you have done.
Re: My Fellow Agnostic And Atheist, What If We Got It All Wrong? by djdoxxx(m): 12:25am On Oct 03, 2015
I Thought You KingEbukablog Have Gat The Holy Spirit? Aint U Born Again? Didn't D Holy Spirit Show U All These Things In The New Testament? Cos Obviously Your Lazy Sorry-ass Is Seeing This For The First Time!!! And Oouch!!! You Have Been A Christian For At Least More Than 25 Years, And Have Never Came Across This Cos If You Had, You Wouldn't Have Fooled Yourself Completely On A Public Forum Stating That All I Quoted Earlier Were From The Old Testament... And So? Isnt The Old Testament Part Of The Bible? You Cant Deny How Bloody Thirsty Your God Was In The Old Testament But You Are Quick To Confidently Say The Coming Of Jesus Who Is The Same God ( God-man Like Some Of You Retard Would Put It) Is To Bring Grace To Mankind....When Obviously, He Painfully Came To Abolish The New Doctrines Of The People...I Knw You Are Stubborn Hearted, You Will Say Again, How Would I Use One Chapter To Judge Your Jesus And God, So I Will Not Hesitate To Drop Others...U Think Say To Become Atheist Na Beans? It Aint 4 D Brainless.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Fellow Agnostic And Atheist, What If We Got It All Wrong? by djdoxxx(m): 12:27am On Oct 03, 2015
SonOfEl:

Do I Hear A Dog Bark Or A Cock Crow?

1 Like

Re: My Fellow Agnostic And Atheist, What If We Got It All Wrong? by djdoxxx(m): 12:31am On Oct 03, 2015
SonOfEl:

Ooooh!!! Its You, Hello Puppy, I Am Glad To See You Acknowledge Now For A Fact That Your Bible Has Been Ranting...Yew Learning Quick!!! Now, Go Fetch Your Bone, Come On, Go!!

1 Like

Re: My Fellow Agnostic And Atheist, What If We Got It All Wrong? by SonOfEl(m): 12:47am On Oct 03, 2015
djdoxxx:
Ooooh!!! Its You, Hello Puppy, I Am Glad To See You Acknowledge Now For A Fact That Your Bible Has Been Ranting...Yew Learning Quick!!! Now, Go Fetch Your Bone, Come On, Go!!

are you done with your masturbπtion?
Re: My Fellow Agnostic And Atheist, What If We Got It All Wrong? by djdoxxx(m): 12:55am On Oct 03, 2015
Getting Back To The Discussion On Board Before I Went To Attend To My Puppy, Lets Take A Look At What Mark 7 Says...You Can Read Up From Verse 1 To 8, Lemme Just Drop Verse 9 To 11 Which Entails The Nagging Of Jesus Who Was Complaining Bitterly About The Pharisees Not Killing Their Children For Dishonoring Them! What A Loving And Blood Thirsty God?! A Lover Of The Blood Of Little Lambs And Children...Lmao....9: He Said To Them, " All Too Well You Reject The Commandment Of God,that You May Keep Your Tradition 10: ' For Moses Said, ' Honour Your Father And Mother,and He Who Curses Father And Mother, Let Him Be Put To Death 11: But You Say 'if A Man Says To His Father Or Mother, Whatever Profit You Might Have Received From Me Is Corban 12: Then You No Longer Let Him Do Anything For His Father Or His Mother 13: Making The Word Of God (old Testament,deu 21:18-21; Exo 21:16,17; Lev 20:9 etc) Of No Effect Through Your Tradition Which You Have Handed Down. And Such Thing You Do...Wht A Holy Book?! Hypocritical Peeps

1 Like

Re: My Fellow Agnostic And Atheist, What If We Got It All Wrong? by djdoxxx(m): 1:14am On Oct 03, 2015
These Are Just Few Of The Barbaric Things Jesus Did Here On Earth...The Bible Recorded So Many Ugly Events About Him...! I Am Surprised These Hypocritical- Holy Spirited- Speaking In Tongues - Christian Bigots Dont Even Know Any!!! They Have Obviously Been Living A Life Of Mirage...When Logical Reasoning Is Needed,their Brains Are Being Bloated Up With The Arrogance Of Their Ignorance Making Them Ignorantly Arrogant That Even As Educated As Some Of Them Claim To Be In Science ( Medical, Computer And Engineering), They Are Quick To Forget All They Know About It Just Like Someone Suffering From Amnesia, Only To Support The Dogmas And Barbarism They Know Nothing About; Not Even The History Behind Their Religion...I Would Like To See Any Christian Give A Reasonable Rebuttal On All The Quotes I Have On Here...Referring You To Your Bible Is The Best Way To Refute You All And Openly Show And Disgrace Your Hypocrisy.I Will Like U Kingebukablog To Give A Try...Hehehehe...Or Sway Away As Usual Hypocritical Hypocrite.

1 Like

Re: My Fellow Agnostic And Atheist, What If We Got It All Wrong? by djdoxxx(m): 1:20am On Oct 03, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:

I don't converse with embryos when it comes to inane misinterpretations like this .
Mr Know-all, I Would Like To See Your Own Divine Interpretation.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Fellow Agnostic And Atheist, What If We Got It All Wrong? by djdoxxx(m): 1:43am On Oct 03, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:

Christ came and put an end to all those Jewish rules & laws of the Old Testament .

Are you happy now undecided
I Cant Help But To Laugh At Loud & Comment On Dis Post When I Come Across It...U Spoilt Ur Religious Career With Dis...Christ Came To Put An End To All Those Jewish Rules & Laws Of The Old Testament( In Kingebukablog's Voice)...Forgeting Dat U Once Said I Was An Embryo Who Misinterpreted The Bible...U Should Hv Cowardly Kept Quiet & Wait 4 Other Skilled Hypocritical Christians To Reply...Now, Dat I Djdoxxx Have Shown You In Yr New Testament That Your Jesus Was A Blood Demon, Wouldnt It Be Right If You Start Referring To Me As Your Holy Spirit Because I Just Succeeded In Teaching You And Making You Understand The Bible? Just Call On Me Whenever You Have Issues Or Wanna Know Anything About The Bible.U Asked If I Was Happy?! Oh Yeah, I Am.I Feel Fulfilled To Finally Know You Knw Nuffin Bout D Bible& Av Disgraced &Ended Ur Religious Career.Shame

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Fellow Agnostic And Atheist, What If We Got It All Wrong? by djdoxxx(m): 1:48am On Oct 03, 2015
[quote aauthor=KingEbukasBlog post=38608543]

Let me get this straight from you - can history contain mythical events ?[/quote] Pity!!! I Mourn For Your Lack Of Common Sense, Where In His Post Did He Refer You To Using The Bible To Learn About The History Of The Hebrews...His Posts Clearly Says You Should Go And Learn And Read Historical Books Written By Historians About Them...Gosh!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Fellow Agnostic And Atheist, What If We Got It All Wrong? by djdoxxx(m): 1:56am On Oct 03, 2015
dalaman:

Sure written or oral history can contain mythical accounts.
Lol...He Was Expecting You Gave Him An Opposite Answer.
Re: My Fellow Agnostic And Atheist, What If We Got It All Wrong? by trapQ: 3:22am On Oct 03, 2015
Lmao...

This is exactly what I mean. Conversing with you is a total waste of precious minutes. You're not liberal. If you read my previous post correctly I said the "nightmares" you see during sleep paralysis are real. (Nightmares are demons: google it). Science has proven that those things you see even during hallucination are real too" I'd studied about hallucinations in school so I know what I'm saying.

You're beyond ignorant but you're oblivious of it.pls don't @ me again.
Krystalzkris:
wetin concern this post with aliens and US govt and ur Phil Schneider.... Its a pity,that this statement is coming from a doctor.. Incase,u didnt understand me the last time,please google sleep paralysis,its not demonic.. Dont let ur ignorance kill you
Re: My Fellow Agnostic And Atheist, What If We Got It All Wrong? by trapQ: 3:25am On Oct 03, 2015
Your oblivion is out of this planet.
Pls don't @ me again until you get proper reasoning.
frank317:

pls for your own good, stop replying and close your account on nairaland. your posts reeks for ignorance. and pls never call yourself a medical doctor again
Re: My Fellow Agnostic And Atheist, What If We Got It All Wrong? by frank317: 3:42am On Oct 03, 2015
trapQ:
Your oblivion is out of this planet.
Pls don't @ me again until you get proper reasoning.

Pay me some cash and I will stop quoting u.

trapQ:
Lmao...
This is exactly what I mean. Conversing with you is a total waste of precious minutes. You're not liberal. If you read my previous post correctly I said the "nightmares" you see during sleep paralysis are real. (Nightmares are demons: google it). Science has proven that those things you see even during hallucination are real too" I'd studied about hallucinations in school so I know what I'm saying.
You're beyond ignorant but you're oblivious of it.pls don't @ me again.

Google what? Did u study medical science with Google? Nightmares are demons... Is that what they thought u in medical school?

Oh for Gods sake Ebuka... Stop covering your eyes in shame when ever this guy posts a comment, just quickly correct him before his foolishness leads to the total disappearance of your God.
Re: My Fellow Agnostic And Atheist, What If We Got It All Wrong? by trapQ: 4:21am On Oct 03, 2015
If you're properly learned you'd know that there are various illnesses that defy medical explanation. I mean, one could consult a medical practitioner for being sick, only to be told that they're perfectly fine. Mind you, there are various illnesses too that have never been diagnosed. I mean, just the same way scientists make new inventions is the same way new pathogens and diseases are diagnosed in the medical field.

Mind you, I havnt said that this condition defies medical odds. I cannot ascertain what the actual ailment was just by looking at the video because it is unprofessional. But it seems like he had an inflammation at the cerebellum or cerebral cortex( there are other possible conditions too).

In my field, and in science generally, nothing happens arbitrarily: meaning nothing springs up out of the blue (Cause and effect). This is nothing short of a miracle because the pus erupted at contact with the anointing water.

My aim of bringing phil schneider into this discussion was to actually let whoever I quoted know that the supernatural really does exist. I mean, things beyond our carnal knowledge. At your spare time you can study about metaphysics in medicine. Pls get proper reasoning/ enlightenment or never quote me again.
frank317:

oh pls... if you are a medical doctor... then i really pity your patients. i for one will never need u for consultation because u are a disgrace to ur profession.

did you scrutinize my observation? did i talk about the video being edited? Its obvious that the video was not edited so lets not go there. Editing is not the only way falsehood can be shown in a video.
Go back and watch the movie and take every question into account and for once in your medical life act like one!!
I doubt you are a medical doctor because professionalism would be displayed in your write up. you actually sound like someone who did not see the four walls of any kind of educational institution.
Dreams are demons? WTF. Bia... do not ever call urself a doctor in this forum because it can actual;y get you arrested.
Whats the name of the illness? why is it painless? whats the cause? is it deadly? can the boy head a foot ball with it and feel no pain?
medical doctor indeed.
Re: My Fellow Agnostic And Atheist, What If We Got It All Wrong? by trapQ: 4:27am On Oct 03, 2015
Can you consult google for the meaning of "mare" and stop spewing ignorance all over the place? No one gets lectured on nightmares in school. If it wasn't on wikipedia, you'd say "where's the proof"? Last time I'm quoting you.
frank317:

Pay me some cash and I will stop quoting u.

Google what? Did u study medical science with Google? Nightmares are demons... Is that what they thought u in medical school?

Oh for Gods sake Ebuka... Stop covering your eyes in shame when ever this guy posts a comment, just quickly correct him before his foolishness leads to the total disappearance of your God.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Is Anointing Oil Still Relevant In The New Testament? / Pastor Who Buried Humans In His Church Foundation Finally Got Arrested[see Photo / Pastor T.b Joshua Predicted Michael Jackson's Sudden Death

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 115
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.