Stats: 3,150,296 members, 7,808,008 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:41 AM

Advice For Backsliding Christians. - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Advice For Backsliding Christians. (17023 Views)

An Athiest Is Backsliding, Pls Help!!! / Open Heaven Daily Devotional(sat. 02/12/2017) Backsliding Not An Option. / Cure For Backsliding (2) (3) (4)

Re: Advice For Backsliding Christians. by mznuez(f): 9:14am On Oct 04, 2015
95% of christians we see are backsliders

Re: Advice For Backsliding Christians. by KeriBaby(f): 9:14am On Oct 04, 2015
The post is too long
I couldn't read all

Lord have mercy
Re: Advice For Backsliding Christians. by Nobody: 9:14am On Oct 04, 2015
WAITING FOR THAT OF BACKSLIDING ATHEIST...

Sips
Re: Advice For Backsliding Christians. by Nobody: 9:15am On Oct 04, 2015
justino57:
Repent
twoondei:
K
yorubaboiy:
k
See them;dem no sabi wetin to comment..
Re: Advice For Backsliding Christians. by gragraboy: 9:16am On Oct 04, 2015
malvisguy212:
my brother, I learn that if you click no they will ban you from commenting in their section forever so I click yes just to bring the gospel to the muslims as Paul say here:

1 Corinthians 9:19: “For though I am free from all men, I have made myself A SERVANT TO ALL, THAT I MIGHT WIN THE MORE; 20 and to the Jews I became as a Jew, that I might win Jews; to those who are under the law, as under the law, that I might win those who are under the law; 21 to those who are without law, as without law (not being without law toward God, but under law toward Christ) , that I might win those who are without law; 22 to the weak I became as weak, that I might win the weak. I have become all things to all men, that I might by all means save some. 23 Now this I do for the gospel's sake, that I may be partaker of it with you.”

Paul was a interlingent man , this is the best way to reach out to the heathen , those who can kill to save their religion, this is the best way to reach out to them. He divides the world into the religious with the law, (Jews) and the Gentiles, without the law.(although Paul was a Jew) .
So you lied and denied ur faith. I thought there is no justification for sin & lies in the bible?

Re: Advice For Backsliding Christians. by Karlovich: 9:18am On Oct 04, 2015
Behaving morally should not be based on bribery (promise of heaven) or threat (promise of hell).

Re: Advice For Backsliding Christians. by Nobody: 9:21am On Oct 04, 2015
Okay
Re: Advice For Backsliding Christians. by ayooladee(f): 9:22am On Oct 04, 2015
Re: Advice For Backsliding Christians. by nwakaibeya1: 9:27am On Oct 04, 2015
SPIRITUAL truth YOU MUST KNOW>BE WISE>click>

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4OHlWvlHdE8 … …………>FOR YOU TO BE FREE… https://instagram.com/p/8NCiQyM9uW/ ASK b4 ITS LATE:Jeremiah 5,21-22 no matter where you are located: born again Christian sisters and brothers&secular are in great evil bondage to the evil marine spirits&occult world and pastors and prophets that are with them are afraid to help them because they have NO MANTLE POWER and LIGHT,which is as JESUSCHRIST said I AM THE LIGHT OF THE WORLD that is the LIGHT reffered to here to totally liberate them?they pastors and prophets dont have that LIGHT and because those evil hidden nations and powers are more powerful than them and there are little they could do or say if not they (those evil hidden nations will query them in the night or they will be frustrated and dealt with and what they are doing as preachers will stop,remember we told you that it is in the night that we know who is who,no matter how human beigns pretend in the day and let us inform you that they the pastors and prophets always defend themselves in the night by renouncing some of the things they said publicly in the day or so called miracles they performed by the recipient beign giving a breathing space and that's why if you closely the so called miracles are not permanent ?it is highly unfortunate that there is NO REAL JESUSCHRIST POWER&LIGHT to liberate their followers even when the bible made it clear that once a problem has been revealed by the light that the problem has been conquered by the light and now ask yourself even when they prophesy why do the problem continue even when it manages to be solved it is never permanent and that is why the sacrifices keep moving,they will see the problem but no GOOD AND PERMANENT solution?behold BORN AGAINS live in fear of witches,evil marine attack and evil dreams and family wickedness?so therefore be it known to you that you must first be totally liberated from your problems before you can have PEACE which Jesus CHRIST promised and giveth but Evil marine,occult world rules and many who are claiming to know Jesus CHRIST or dont know Jesus CHRIST or secular have their roots and power From there and pretend before human beigns who are spiritually ignorant and blind?behold we have the power to proove this truth beyond reasonable doubt and non on the earth can challenge this our heavenly authority :THE LIGHT IS WITH US and that the kingdom of God of justice has come and Gods judgement through Jesus CHRIST has come back upon the earth and whosoever have ear let him hear and we have spoken for humans to hear but this must be spiritual and there is where everything happens and unfolds and that area is not for everyone to know remember the spirits are wiser that humans and there those who have spiritual eyes who reads and sees as we reveal the hidden truths here:mathew13,13-14: romans 11,21-22
Re: Advice For Backsliding Christians. by macaranta(m): 9:28am On Oct 04, 2015
pray and ask for God's grace to run the Christian race.

Re: Advice For Backsliding Christians. by safarigirl(f): 9:28am On Oct 04, 2015
Every Nigerian is a backsliding Christian including the OP. You all need to stop thinking you're better than certain people, because you've judged yourself and pronounced yourself worthy of eternal life, doesn't mean God has done same. Judgment day will shock many people

Re: Advice For Backsliding Christians. by Nobody: 9:30am On Oct 04, 2015

Re: Advice For Backsliding Christians. by Nobody: 9:31am On Oct 04, 2015
ok.
Re: Advice For Backsliding Christians. by Lexusgs430: 9:33am On Oct 04, 2015
If they want to backslide like Michael Jackson,Usher or P Square, who cares?
Re: Advice For Backsliding Christians. by eDoctorr(m): 9:38am On Oct 04, 2015
Nairaland is a devil platform. I won't let u delay me from going to church.
Re: Advice For Backsliding Christians. by Nobody: 9:41am On Oct 04, 2015
MeandSum:

Eternal life of what? who has seen or reported there to be an eternal life that are verifiable? have you ever asked yourself why your so called creator always rely on you for vengeance? you can't blaspheme against a non entity. sorry, you're wasting your time.

give me solid prove like x,y,z is what a believer gets that a non believer doesn't get.
well when you seek a logical explanation to the gospel you will never find any and that exactly what you seek. The gospel will always be a foolish concept to many who don't believe, and that's why it is written "Blessed are those who have not seen but yet believe". One of the key differences between a true follower of Christ and a non believer is FAITH. Submit to God today and assume your place as his creation and child and recognize him as your Creator King as well as your Lord and personal Savior only then will you get the prove you seek
Re: Advice For Backsliding Christians. by Horlufemi(m): 9:55am On Oct 04, 2015
Religion is the real reason Atheists exist.

Backsliders need Christ and unfortunately they were given religion.

I almost became and atheist and I found Christ. I discovered religion was the issue.

The cure for religion is Jesus.

Jesus is greater than Religion.

Quote me anywhere. grin

Re: Advice For Backsliding Christians. by aolumaxi(m): 9:56am On Oct 04, 2015
MeandSum:

Eternal life of what? who has seen or reported there to be an eternal life that are verifiable? have you ever asked yourself why your so called creator always rely on you for vengeance? you can't blaspheme against a non entity. sorry, you're wasting your time.

give me solid prove like x,y,z is what a believer gets that a non believer doesn't get.
peace bro.... the peace of God, which transcends all
understanding
Re: Advice For Backsliding Christians. by sandrahnaub(f): 10:01am On Oct 04, 2015
Re: Advice For Backsliding Christians. by pbs4real(m): 10:03am On Oct 04, 2015
sandrahnaub:
so u bckslide?
Re: Advice For Backsliding Christians. by ayyyyo(m): 10:03am On Oct 04, 2015
tartar9:
fûck off
I wanted to reply you but .. After seeing all these I figured you don't even have a brain to reason, it would be a total waste of precious time.

Re: Advice For Backsliding Christians. by neocortex: 10:37am On Oct 04, 2015
malvisguy212:
Is any backsliding christian reading this ? Atheists ,agnostics ,muslim or pagan. Jesus say in the book of revelation, I read :
Revelation 3:20
Here I am! I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in and eat with that person, and they with me.

This may be the final invitation. Peace.

The book of revelation is a book of fables concocted by
an unknown fiction writers.
Always seek for truth and confirmation before believing
everything you read.

Re: Advice For Backsliding Christians. by younghartz(m): 10:40am On Oct 04, 2015
God has a special cane 4 we sinners.

I'm ready 4 church.... smiley

Im ready to go 2 church smiley nepa just restored power grin i just pulled off my shirt sad to play game :| devil u just won d fight not d war /smiley till next sunday 8-|
Re: Advice For Backsliding Christians. by princephraim: 10:46am On Oct 04, 2015
tartar9:
fûck off
kenye west
Re: Advice For Backsliding Christians. by neocortex: 10:46am On Oct 04, 2015
DoubleDeeX:

Eternal life...Judgement comes after this life! You must be joking to think atheists, unbelievers and all the rebellious are going to get away with all their blasphemies against the creator of all things!

God is no respecter of persons; every man will be paid according to his works. Atheists clearly prefer eternal damnation in the lake of fire with their master Satan over the free gift of eternal life; and that's exactly what they are all going to receive!

You know that is all fantasy for weak minds who are too
disturbed by what will happen after death.
BTW, I have seen no satan greater than the one who
makes an ancient text of the lifestyle of some ancient men
who worshipped the jewish idol called yahweh the standard for humanity.
Enemy of progress , that is what you and your likes are.

Re: Advice For Backsliding Christians. by princephraim: 10:48am On Oct 04, 2015
DoubleDeeX:

Eternal life...Judgement comes after this life! You must be joking to think atheists, unbelievers and all the rebellious are going to get away with all their blasphemies against the creator of all things!

God is no respecter of persons; every man will be paid according to his works. Atheists clearly prefer eternal damnation in the lake of fire with their master Satan over the free gift of eternal life; and that's exactly what they are all going to receive!

what do you know about judgement, have you gone there before?

Re: Advice For Backsliding Christians. by neocortex: 10:48am On Oct 04, 2015
freecocoa:
I love being carnal minded, I've never felt more alive and happy.

Praise to Yaweh the most carnal god ever, after all he was the one who impregnated raped and impregnated someone's wife, not me.tongue

Her consent wasn't sought.
Re: Advice For Backsliding Christians. by flokii: 10:58am On Oct 04, 2015
malvisguy212:
2 Peter 2:20-22, we read of the real
possibility and serious consequences
of backsliding:

2 Peter 2:20-22,
"For if after they have escaped the pollutions of the world through the knowledge of the Lord and Saviour Jesus
Christ,they are again entangled therein, and overcome, the latter end is worse with them than the beginning.For it had been better for them not to have known the way of righteousness,than,after they
have known it, to turn from the holy commandment delivered unto them.But it is happened unto them according to the true proverb, The dog is turned to his own vomit again; and the sow that was washed to her wallowing in the mire."

Yes, this is interesting, we find this passage coming from the pen of peter. If anyone know the reality of firsthand backsliding, it must be peter , the night he betrayed our Lord Jesus christ .

The process of backsliding is a gradual one, often overtaking one by surprise (peter could not believe,he will deny Jesus) . And lest we fall from our own steadfastness, We shall carefully examine the process that led to Peter's denial of Christ, followed by noticing how Peter's own words in his epistles are designed to prevent the same from happening to us!

1. PRIDE.
Mark 14:27-31,
"And Jesus saith unto them, All ye shall be offended because of me this night: for it is written, I will smite the shepherd, and the sheep shall be scattered. But after that I am risen, I will go before you into Galilee. But Peter said unto him, ALTHOUGH ALL SHALL BE
OFFENDED, YET WILL NOT I. And Jesus saith unto him, Verily I say unto thee, That this day, even in this night, before the cock crow twice, thou shalt deny me thrice. But he spake the more vehemently, If I should die with thee, I will not deny thee in any wise. Likewise also said they all."

In a boastful manner, Peter claims he
will not fall away or deny Christ! In
doing so, Peter takes the first step in
backsliding: "pride" (Proverbs 16:18).
Why is this the "first" step? Because
the first step in entering the kingdom
is HUMILITY( Mathew 18:3-4). So if we
lose "humility", we take that first step
BACKWARD.

2.COWARDICE.
Mark 14:54,
"AND PETER FOLLOW HIM AFAR OFF , even into the palace of the high priest: and he sat with the servants, and warmed himself at the fire."

Is this not cowardice? When Jesus was healing and the people love Him , peter walk by His side, and now when Jesus was unpopular, he walk afar off,is this not the same peter who vow to follow Jesus ? . Peter was unprepared for the challenge of facing ridicule and persecution. Without diligent preparation, we too can become guilty of cowardice! Ashamed to be seen carrying the scriptures. Ashamed to be seen giving thanks. Ashamed to be seen with other believers in Christ. Perhaps
even ashamed to let others know that
we are believers! And yet, Jesus has made it clear what He thinks of "cowardice" (Mark 8:38)

3. DENIAL.
Mark 14:66-71,
"And as Peter was beneath in the palace, there cometh one of the maids of the high priest: And when she saw
Peter warming himself, she looked upon him, and said, And thou also wast with Jesus of Nazareth.But he DENIED, saying, I know not, neither understand I
what thou sayest. And he went out into the porch; and the cock crew. And a maid saw him again,and began to say to them that stood by, This is one of them.
And he DENIED IT AGAIN. And a little after, they that stood by said again to Peter, Surely thou art one of them: for thou art a Galilaean, and thy speech
agreeth thereto. But he began to CURSE AND SWEAR , saying, I know not this man of whom ye speak."

First he "DENIED" and later he" CURSE AND SWEAR "(which Jesus Himself warn against) Away from Christ, at comfort with those in the world, Peter finds himself denying His Lord and Savior! In so doing, he has put himself in grave
danger (Matthew 10:32-33). Though
we may never actually deny Jesus in
"words", we can easily backslide to
the point of denying Him in "action."

In conclusion, amazingly, it was peter himself who give advice from backsliding christians;

1. To Guard Against Pride:
Peter enjoins "humility" (1Peter 5:5-6).
Indeed, "God resists the PROUD, but gives grace to the HUMBLE."
2. Instead of Cowardice:
Peter charges us to "glorify God" (1 Peter 4:16). Think NOT of what it means to
you, BUT what it means to God!
3. Instead Of Denial:
Peter exhorts us to ever be ready to "give a defense" (1Peter 3:15).
By careful preparation, we will "DEFEND " Christ, and NOT "DENY" Christ!

I was once in your shoes my friend...

I discovered most of the christians out there are the weak-minded who are either tooo afraid or incapable of making things happen... a lot of them are hypocrites too.

I'm not sure you know that d bible condemns technology and Science & technology is fàst taking over the world..

one last question for you... why is corruption still prevalent in dis country considering the number of churches, pastors, G.Os and the total number of people entering these churches?

Re: Advice For Backsliding Christians. by malvisguy212: 11:01am On Oct 04, 2015
neocortex:

The book of revelation is a book of fables concocted by an unknown fiction writers. Always seek for truth and confirmation before believing everything you read.
can you proved it ?
Re: Advice For Backsliding Christians. by malvisguy212: 11:03am On Oct 04, 2015
flokii:

I was once in your shoes my friend...

I discovered most of the christians out there are the weak-minded who are either tooo afraid or incapable of making things happen... a lot of them are hypocrites too.

I'm not sure you know that d bible condemns technology and Science & technology is fàst taking over the world..

one last question for you... why is corruption still prevalent in dis country considering the number of churches, pastors, G.Os and the total number of people entering these churches?
proved your allegation, you were never a christian, just a church goer.
Re: Advice For Backsliding Christians. by flokii: 11:10am On Oct 04, 2015
malvisguy212:
proved your allegation, you were never a christian, just a church goer.

and you are d one to judge right?..

I laugh at you... really

most atheists, pagans and co. you mentioned are far better and principled than most of you hypocrites parading urselves as christians...

from your comment alone I can deduce you know nothing about d word christian and wat it takes to be one

Re: Advice For Backsliding Christians. by chidexco(m): 11:13am On Oct 04, 2015
safarigirl:
Every Nigerian is a backsliding Christian including the OP. You all need to stop thinking you're better than certain people, because you've judged yourself and pronounced yourself worthy of eternal life, doesn't mean God has done same. Judgment day will shock many people
and wat sin hav d op commited in preaching d Godspel to u? must every tin be judgement and offence to u, is it beta not preach so we can continue in our backsliding?

Catholic Priest, Anelu, Suspended For Banning Igbo Songs Reinstated / What Is The Biblical Procedures For Burial? / 10 Reasons Why GOD Allows Suffering On His People

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55