Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,280 members, 7,807,939 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:12 PM

Champions League: Can Barca Prevent Another All-English Final? - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Champions League: Can Barca Prevent Another All-English Final? (8874 Views)

Barca Needs To Buy Psg's Thiago Silva / Must Barca Cheat To Win! / El Clasico: Real Madrid Vs Barca [0 - 2] on Sat, 10th April (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Champions League: Can Barca Prevent Another All-English Final? by switch47(m): 6:53pm On Apr 24, 2009
A-40:

Hahaha i am doing one right now but thats besides the point once again the terrible argument is from your corner and not mine can all 20 teams qualify for European competition or how on earth do we judge their strengths besides their performances in Europe
look my friend you are correct jare!! important people in europe knows about The ENGLISH DOMINANCE!! na one kin guy for nairaland go come disputeam---wetin even FIFA president no fit argue-----

Back to Topic-----English soccer is the best but it did not stop Barca from beating Arsenal in the finals------or AC milan from thrashing Liverpool---SO ENGLISH superiority WONT STOP OR SAVE CHELSEA FROM BARCELONA!! BARCA WILL KILL THEM!! @ TOPIC O!! grin
Re: Champions League: Can Barca Prevent Another All-English Final? by Krayola(m): 7:25pm On Apr 24, 2009
A-40:

can all 20 teams qualify for European competition

Nope,  but some qualify for the UEFA Cup too, which is a tournament as well,  right? where teams of the same stature in their respective leagues COMPETE for a trophy. They play games, the WINNERS advance, and the LOSERS go home. At the end the winner gets a TROPHY.

Funny how none of this means anything to you. No one is doubting the strength of the top 4 in England. But the EPL has 20 teams, and the rest of them have shown  beyond reasonable  doubt that they are below standard in Europe.

Only one English team has won it in the last decade.

A-40:

or how on earth do we judge their strengths besides their performances in Europe

you do that by being intellectually honest (which you know u are not), and consider the other European competitions, including the just abolished intertoto cup (where the EPL is also a failure).

I guess we just have to agree to disagree on this. This looks like one of those debates that goes in circles endlessly.
Re: Champions League: Can Barca Prevent Another All-English Final? by A40(m): 11:49pm On Apr 24, 2009
Krayola:

Nope,  but some qualify for the UEFA Cup too, which is a tournament as well,  right? where teams of the same stature in their respective leagues COMPETE for a trophy. They play games, the WINNERS advance, and the LOSERS go home. At the end the winner gets a TROPHY.
Funny how none of this means anything to you. No one is doubting the strength of the top 4 in England. But the EPL has 20 teams, and the rest of them have shown  beyond reasonable  doubt that they are below standard in Europe.

Only one English team has won it in the last decade.
Wait let me get this straight are you asking me to rate performances in Europe's 2nd tier competitions at par or even higher than the UCL? i have explained in clear terms why the UCL winners are referred to as the Champions of europe so why would i care if EPL teams are not doing well in the Uefa cup the most annoying part is you can't even point any league that is doing consistently well in that Uefa cup to compare with the EPL! y'all just feel the urge to argue out of bias

Why is the rest of Europe unable to match the EPL in Europe's top competition is what you should be answering

If the EPL is not the strongest please tell me who is stronger or is at least the next best thing to it

Krayola:

you do that by being intellectually honest (which you know u are not), and consider the other European competitions, including the just abolished intertoto cup (where the EPL is also a failure).

I guess we just have to agree to disagree on this. This looks like one of those debates that goes in circles endlessly.
The Intertoto cup? why not add Futsal to the list you people are just anti-premiership just admit it and lets keep it moving
We have given you stats of the Premiership teams in the UCL give me stats from other leagues in the Uefa Cup, Intertoto and even Krayola cup and lets compare their dominance of these competitions recently
Re: Champions League: Can Barca Prevent Another All-English Final? by Krayola(m): 12:43am On Apr 25, 2009
Being misinformed is one thing. But when you deny reason, even when it is spoon-fed to you, that is a whole other level.

A-40:

Wait let me get this straight are you asking me to rate performances in Europe's 2nd tier competitions at par or even higher than the UCL?
I'm not asking you to do that (quote where i suggested that instead of making up stuff,  it just makes you look desperate),  i'm asking you to factor the other competitions because without them you only get a limited representation of the leagues and their respective strengths/weaknesses.

There is a reason why there is more than one competition. They measure different things. One measures the top teams in the league, the other, the not so strong yet competitive teams in the league. If you want to assess an entire league without considering all the variables, you are not being sincere.

A-40:

the most annoying part is you can't even point any league that is doing consistently well in that Uefa cup to compare with the EPL! y'all just feel the urge to argue out of bias
hahaha,  pointing out that the EPL has been a consistent FAILURE is not enough? Spain has won three of the last 5 Uefa cups,  Russia the other two. I think a little flattery might make you feel better so i guess i'll quote you on this one

A-40:
always do your research before arguing it makes you look smarter

A-40:

Why is the rest of Europe unable to match the EPL in Europe's top competition is what you should be answering
Over the last decade 4 CLs have gone to spain, 3 to England, 2 to Italy, and one to Germany. 
England has been runners up 3 times, Spain twice, and Italy twice. Please please,  using facts and not ideology, explain this English dominance you insist on.

A-40:

If the EPL is not the strongest please tell me who is stronger or is at least the next best thing to it
There is is no conclusive answer to that question. But EPL fans choose to ignore reality and claim some non existent crown. All the leagues have their strengths and weaknesses. England is fast paced and physical,  Spain has a lot of flair and individual brilliance,  Italians are very tactical and the Germans as well though more disciplined. Every league has their periods of dominance, but overall its all balanced. Get off your high horse, or stop regurgitating the stuff EPL commentators tell you on their commercials. Build your opinions based on facts and thorough analysis instead of blind sentiment.

A-40:

We have given you stats of the Premiership teams in the UCL give me stats from other leagues in the Uefa Cup, Intertoto and even Krayola cup and lets compare their dominance of these competitions recently 
If you bothered to look up any of that information we would not be having this debate. I'm done with this,  its a waste of my time.
Re: Champions League: Can Barca Prevent Another All-English Final? by A40(m): 1:27am On Apr 25, 2009
Krayola:

Being misinformed is one thing. But when you deny reason, even when it is spoon-fed to you, that is a whole other level.
You are not making any sense here  undecided you don't sound too informed yourself

Krayola:

I'm not asking you to do that (quote where i suggested that instead of making up stuff,  it just makes you look desperate),  i'm asking you to factor the other competitions because without them you only get a limited representation of the leagues and their respective strengths/weaknesses.
This is a simple debate that you are unnecessary trying to complicate by being abstract so how do we rate the best leagues in the world if not by how they perform at the highest level? Its like comparing an Olympic Champion to a Commonwealth games Champion 

Krayola:

There is a reason why there is more than one competition. They measure different things. One measures the top teams in the league, the other, the not so strong yet competitive teams in the league. If you want to assess an entire league without considering all the variables, you are not being sincere.
I guess you mean the team that wins the UCL is by definition from the best league by virtue of their winning.
You are missing the point over and over again and its getting frustrating if you notice i always use the words recent when referring to the EPL's dominance of the UCL and no we are not saying it is the strongest because a team from the league won the UCL we say it is the strongest because it has produced the last 4 finalists and this is the 3rd straight year we are having 3 teams from the same league in one competition what part of that don't you understand?

At the moment you are unable to mention one league that is able to match the EPL's consistency in recent times in the UCL in any other European tournament so basically you are just arguing for the heck of it

Krayola:

Because based on your criteria, AC Milan is the strongest team in Europe because of their recent dominance,  which would make the Italian league the strongest league. But then I guess it won't matter who wins the competition,  just what league has more teams in the semifinals?  What you are saying pretty much is that the best league is the one that produces the best team.  You make little to no sense.
hahaha,  pointing out that the EPL has been a consistent FAILURE is not enough? Spain has won three of the last 5 Uefa cups,  Russia the other two. I think a little flattery might make you feel better so i guess i'll quote you on this one
You would not be too far from the truth if you said Ac Milan is one of the strongest teams in Europe their UCL record says it all now coming to the league Has the Serie A produced 4 straight Finalists and 3 straight semifinalists in the last consecutive seasons? I think you have typed enough nonsense for one day  grin  grin

Now you are making some progress by naming leagues i would eliminate Russia and leave Spain but their success in Europe's 2nd tier is still not enough in my books the UCL is the real McCoy

Krayola:

Over the last decade 4 CLs have gone to spain, 3 to England, 2 to Italy, and one to Germany. 
England has been runners up 3 times, Spain twice, and Italy twice. Please please,  using facts and not ideology, explain this English dominance you insist on.

There is is no conclusive answer to that question. But EPL fans choose to ignore reality and claim some non existent crown. All the leagues have their strengths and weaknesses. England is fast paced and physical,  Spain has a lot of flair and individual brilliance,  Italians are very tactical and the Germans as well though more disciplined. Every league has their periods of dominance, but overall its all balanced. Get off your high horse, or stop regurgitating the stuff EPL commentators tell you on their commercials. Build your opinions based on facts and thorough analysis instead of blind sentiment.

If you bothered to look up any of that information we would not be having this debate. I'm done with this,  its a waste of my time.
Last decade?? why not last 100 years!! It seems you do not understand the meaning of recent maybe you skipped english language classes back in the day because if you didn't we would definitely not be having this argument maybe by this time next year when we have about 3 or 4 EPL teams in the semi's again that's when reality would sink in

I agree with you on that many leagues have had their periods of dominance and footie commentators with geometrically higher footie intelligence than you have concurred that its the EPL's time so keep up the hateration you won't get far with it

I reiterate though that based on the EPL's recent performance in Europe's biggest competition they are the best league in Europe
Re: Champions League: Can Barca Prevent Another All-English Final? by dayokanu(m): 2:29am On Apr 25, 2009
A40,

The wealth/living standards of Nigerians would be best measured by the likes of Dangote, Adenuga, Otedola right

Dangote Adenuga -- Man Utd Chelsea and Liverpool

Middle class - Aston Villa , Totenham and Portsmouth

In a certain school

Class A students score Test scores over 10 are 9, 8, 3, 3, 2,2,1
Class B students score over 10 - 8,7, 6 6 5 5 5

Which is the strongest class?
Re: Champions League: Can Barca Prevent Another All-English Final? by eyonigger(m): 9:00am On Apr 25, 2009
chai, them don turn the whole debate to I.Q test.
Re: Champions League: Can Barca Prevent Another All-English Final? by honeric01(m): 11:10am On Apr 25, 2009
dayokanu:

A40,

The wealth/living standards of Nigerians would be best measured by the likes of Dangote, Adenuga, Otedola right

Dangote Adenuga -- Man Utd Chelsea and Liverpool

Middle class - Aston Villa , Totenham and Portsmouth

In a certain school

Class A students score Test scores over 10 are 9, 8, 3, 3, 2,2,1
Class B students score over 10 - 8,7, 6 6 5 5 5

Which is the strongest class?

Dayo, you spoke in English, they didn't understand, how then do you want them to understand in mathematics and statistic?

they are probably drunk with the EPL dry gin and maybe inhaled some EPL cocaine. you better stop wasting your time because you will see them twisting your questions for you now, cry cry

just wait and the stupid answers you'd get to this simple equation,
Re: Champions League: Can Barca Prevent Another All-English Final? by dayokanu(m): 1:58pm On Apr 25, 2009
Honeric,

The post was directed at A40, Though he is a Gayyner he can still reason but Sharon is a scumtwat So all hope is lost
Re: Champions League: Can Barca Prevent Another All-English Final? by debosky(m): 2:07pm On Apr 25, 2009
Your analysis is flawed dayo.

The cream of the crop rises to the top inevitably. It may not be an equitable or continuous distribution of ability/talent/money in the premiership, but when you look at the sum total, it is still the best.

Germany is more equitably distributed, hence the 'competitive' nature of the league with different clubs able to rise into the to echelon. But in sum total, what you have is less overall value compared to the premier league.

An example will suffice

12 people in two classes

Class 1

The first 4 have $200,000 each, and then the next 8 have $50,000 each. Total comes to $1.2m

Class 2

The first 4 have $100,000 each, and the next 8 have $80,000 each. Total comes to $1.04m

While class 2 has a more even distribution or a higher mean, the sum total of class 1 is higher, and the 'top third' of Class 1 is eminently above that of Class 2.

This is the basic difference between the premiership and say the Bundesliga.
Re: Champions League: Can Barca Prevent Another All-English Final? by akinalabi(m): 2:14pm On Apr 25, 2009
I'm sure Dayo himself knows his theory is flawed.

If we had 4 German teams doing what the English teams are
doing in the UCL, he wont dare mention the UEFA cup.

The Dangote, Adenuga theory is flawed.

Super rich people like Dangote are less than 0.1% of Naija's population

We have 4 super strong English teams. That is almost 25% of the
entire premiership. If we have 35 million Nigerians (25%) that are
super rich like Dangote, then we can celebrate.
Re: Champions League: Can Barca Prevent Another All-English Final? by tkb417(m): 2:22pm On Apr 25, 2009
If a team comes every year they would build a pedigree and perform better
how laughable

Krayola
ur knowledge of statistic is baffling. if 4 out of 18 comes every year and you think its not representative enuff, then i laff in spanish.
u people shld invest in some further education cos u people say rubbish too much

akinalabi
Dayo is not intelligent and it beats me he comes online to show his folly everytime.

Adenuga and co are less thn 0.1% and hes comparing that to 4 out of 18 grin grin grin
its a shame.
Re: Champions League: Can Barca Prevent Another All-English Final? by 4Play(m): 2:37pm On Apr 25, 2009
How do you actually measure the comparative strengths of 20 clubs leagues?

The problem with measuring the EPL's strength by virtue of the  performance of their representatives in the UCL is that, unlike many other leagues, the EPL puts out virtually the same 4 teams every season. In effect, all we are measuring is the strength of the EPL's ''permanent'' top 4 against the ''relative'' top 3 the Bundesliga puts out.

In reality, it doesn't tell us enough of the comparative aggregate strengths of the 2 leagues, i.e; is the average EPL side better than the average Bundesliga side?

In addition, the points gap between the top 4 sides in England, the so called mini-league, and the rest of the league is larger than the points gap between the Bundesliga's top 3 or 4 and the rest of the league. In effect, rather than the EPL's top 4 becoming a reflection of the strength of the overall league, they become outliers - like Celtic/Rangers(Scotland) and Porto/S.Lisbon(Portugal) - that have little correlation with the rest of the league.

For the above reasons, the UEFA Cup becomes relevant because it enables us to assess comparative strengths sans outliers.
Re: Champions League: Can Barca Prevent Another All-English Final? by Sauron1: 2:43pm On Apr 25, 2009
4 Play:

For the above reasons, the UEFA Cup becomes relevant because it enables us to assess comparative strengths sans outliers. 

U must be smoking cheap Bolivian weed.
I'd eat maself if Man Utd, Chelsea or Arsenal ever play in the UEFA cup in the next 10 years.
EPL teams don't pride themselves playing in inferior European competitions unlike the rest of Europe.
EPL top 4 becoming outliers like Porto/Celtic is also a dud theory because the EPL's top 4 seems to crawl into the European semis every season.

Playing in the elite competition in Europe is a standard achievement for the EPL teams(Owners don't wanna know how it's done---it must be done).
While teams like AC Milan, Juventus, Bayern Munich and the other "has beens" can sacrifice their place in the league to concentrate in UCL, Premiership teams will never do it. The financial motivation in the EPL is twice as much of what u can sniff in Europe.
West Brom(relegation bound) will make more money than the eventual winner of the Champions League this season.
Re: Champions League: Can Barca Prevent Another All-English Final? by debosky(m): 2:46pm On Apr 25, 2009
4 Play:

The problem with measuring the EPL's strength by virtue of the  performance of their representatives in the UCL is that, unlike many other leagues, the EPL puts out virtually the same 4 teams every season. In effect, all we are measuring is the strength of the EPL's ''permanent'' top 4 against the ''relative'' top 3 the Bundesliga puts out.

In reality, it doesn't tell us enough of the comparative aggregate strengths of the 2 leagues, i.e; is the average EPL side better than the average Bundesliga side?

In addition, the points gap between the top 4 sides in England, the so called mini-league, and the rest of the league is larger than the points gap between the Bundesliga's top 3 or 4 and the rest of the league. In effect, rather than the EPL's top 4 becoming a reflection of the strength of the overall league, they become outliers - like Celtic/Rangers(Scotland) and Porto/S.Lisbon(Portugal) - that have little correlation with the rest of the league.

That may be so - but would you ever evaluate the Scottish League sans Celtic/Rangers? Would the league hold any significant attraction or value without those teams?

You could possibly relate the same theory to Spain - in the old days it was Deportivo, Real and Barca who held the dominance. Even today, Real and Barca are still a class apart. I don't think there is much value in removing the so called 'outliers' from the league. Exceptional performance from a few members and the unique power distribution of the premiership are the unique qualities of the league, while the more 'distributed' power/ability in other leagues may be their own unique quality.
Re: Champions League: Can Barca Prevent Another All-English Final? by Sauron1: 2:50pm On Apr 25, 2009
U should ask him the last time Porto/Celtic played in the Semis of the Champions League.
Comparing EPL's top 4 to Porto, Celtic, Lyon and Dynamo Kiev is a tad unreasonable cos they rarely make it to the last 4 in Europe.
Re: Champions League: Can Barca Prevent Another All-English Final? by tkb417(m): 2:56pm On Apr 25, 2009

The problem with measuring the EPL's strength by virtue of the  performance of their representatives in the UCL is that, unlike many other leagues, the EPL puts out virtually the same 4 teams every season. In effect, all we are measuring is the strength of the EPL's ''permanent'' top 4 against the ''relative'' top 3 the Bundesliga puts out.

4play nice to hear ur tots
but ill say ure not correct on this

ok, let me ask you one question
as for you, which of the leagues will you say is the best as today? u can use any parameter to arrive at ur conclusions
UTD is the current UCL champion, and also the current world champions
Zenith is the current uefa cup holder and also the current super cup holder
in the uefa cup finals last season, we had Rangers (british), a german club, a russian and i think an italian/spanish club (not sure)
in the UCL, we had 3 english clubs and a spanish ( no Italian and no German)
i can safely conclude judging from last seasons performance alone that the epl is the best!

if ur arguements is to measure how the remaining 16 clubs perform in europe as against the best 4 in the epl, then we cant really measure hw good a league is. UEFA has helped by designing a competition where all clubs in a league will aspire to play by either coming tops or being amongst the top 4/3 as the case may be.
so if the bundesligas/la liga/ seria a's best are not good enough to match the best from the epl, then tell another credible way of measuring how good a league is.

The best of serie A couldnt play the best of epl
the best of bundesliga isnt even in the semis
the best of la liga is against 3 clubs from the epl and i wonder how this is hard to figure

this has been happening for about 4-5 seasons now and you guys think its not enuff to adjudge the epl to be the best
so which is the best league?
Re: Champions League: Can Barca Prevent Another All-English Final? by 4Play(m): 2:59pm On Apr 25, 2009
debosky:

That may be so - but would you ever evaluate the Scottish League sans Celtic/Rangers? Would the league hold any significant attraction or value without those teams?

Take for example a comparison of wealth between a given set of people. In one case a group of 99 paupers(each with a net worth of 0) and Bill Gates(net worth $50bn). In another, a group of 100 people(each with a net worth of $100m).

The overall wealth of the first group($50bn) is higher than the overall wealth of the 2nd($10bn). Does that mean the 1st group is better off than the 2nd?

In the EPL, the top 4's permanence and chasm from the rest distorts the picture of the real worth of the EPL. In that sense, trying to assess the strength of the Scottish league by measuring the performance of Celtic/Rangers alone in the UCL will not really tell you much about the Scottish league any more than measuring Bill Gate's wealth will tell you much in my example.
Re: Champions League: Can Barca Prevent Another All-English Final? by Krayola(m): 2:59pm On Apr 25, 2009
~Sauron~:

The financial motivation in the EPL is twice as much of what u can sniff in Europe.
West Brom(relegation bound) will make more money than the eventual winner of the Champions League this season.

Bingo!! Thats is exactly what the EPL is. Marketing genius and a very successful venture. They bring in shit loads of money because they sell themselves well globally as a League, while in the other leagues the teams pretty much have to do their own marketing because their Leagues don't have a clue, which is why only the big teams get global exposure. Any tom d!ck and fatai knows Portsmouth, but some people have never heard of say, Mallorca, or Siena. The EPL is the biggest most followed League in the world ,  the smaller EPL teams bring in more money because they have a bigger audience, and the League makes sure all the money goes around to all the teams so that they can grow. It is the best league without a question in terms of financial/marketing success but not in pure footballing terms.

The Bundesliga also does an excellent job selling itself as a League.
Re: Champions League: Can Barca Prevent Another All-English Final? by dayokanu(m): 3:02pm On Apr 25, 2009
Akinalabi and co,

Lets do a little bit of statistics

I would only consider the last 6 seasons from 2004 till date (This is to deliberately favour the EPL) since this was their time of dominance. Years like 2001, 2002 where Bundesliga sides won and played finals were deliberately exluded.
This is only for UCL performance not UEFA cup where the EPL is obviously weak.

Any CL winner in the last 6 season gets 90%.
Any team who plays the CL finals get 80%.
Any team who plays the knockout stages 70%
Any team who played group stages gets 50%
and teams that dont make it into Europe(CL) at all get 10%

In a class of 20, (EPL)

Man Utd 90%
Liverpool 90%
Arsenal 80%
Chelsea 80%

The rest 16 make 10%.

Total  500

Bundesliga Bayern, Bremen, Sttutgart, Leverkusen and Schalke made quarter finals 70% =350
Hamburg made group stage 50%
The remaining 14 ten percent = 140

Total 550

I am sure conspiracy theorist would claim 4play is Dayokanu?
Thats why I have always said it that 4play is the most intelligent EPL follower on NL.

See analysis!!
Re: Champions League: Can Barca Prevent Another All-English Final? by 4Play(m): 3:05pm On Apr 25, 2009
@tkb417

If the EPL is without doubt the best league, it should be able to replicate UCL performances in the UEFA cup, no be so?

My point is that no matter how you look at it, the top 4's performance doesn't tell us much if it's the same top 4 season after season and if the top 4's gulf with the rest of the league is quite large.
Re: Champions League: Can Barca Prevent Another All-English Final? by tkb417(m): 3:08pm On Apr 25, 2009
Lets do a little bit of statistics

I would only consider the last 6 seasons from 2004 till date (This is to deliberately favour the EPL) since this was their time of dominance. Years like 2001, 2002 where Bundesliga sides won and played finals were deliberately exluded.
This is only for UCL performance not UEFA cup where the EPL is obviously weak.

Any CL winner in the last 6 season gets 90%.
Any team who plays the CL finals get 80%.
Any team who plays the knockout stages 70%
Any team who played group stages gets 50%
and teams that dont make it into Europe(CL) at all get 10%

In a class of 20, (EPL)

Man Utd 90%
Liverpool 90%
Arsenal 80%
Chelsea 80%

The rest 16 make 10%.

Total  500

Bundesliga Bayern, Bremen, Sttutgart, Leverkusen and Schalke made quarter finals 70% =350

Total 550

I am sure conspiracy theorist would claim 4play is Dayokanu?
Thats why I have always said it that 4play is the most intelligent EPL follower on NL.

See analysis!!

dud analysis!!!

its very simple, ask urself why the Bundesliga has just 3 slots and the epl and the rest have got 4
ask urself what matters, putting up appearance in the ucl or winning the trophies
stop using beer parlour generated analysis

save urself the stress by counting the trophies won by the 2 leagues
simple things are very difficult to understand hence ur 500-550 bollocks

ure not intelligent at all!!

we can understand why u say 4play is very intelligent, he uncovered ur goal.com theatrics grin grin grin
ol'boi, stop tampering with ur brain cells, count ur fingers if u cant do simple analysis grin
Re: Champions League: Can Barca Prevent Another All-English Final? by Sauron1: 3:09pm On Apr 25, 2009
dayokanu:

Idiot does not even know Bundesliga don't have 20 teams and he is calculating the remaining 14??
Dayokanu, u should be ashamed of yourself.
Not only have u shown sheer stupidity with your theory. The calculation is flawed cos the remainder should be 12 and not 14.
GUFFANTI.

This is the most moronic statement ever.
Bremen, Leverkusen made which quarter finals??
Champions League or UEFA?? Who compares UCL to UEFA cup??
Only a complete idiot will compare Bundesliga, Serie A or La Liga to the EPL.
Re: Champions League: Can Barca Prevent Another All-English Final? by tkb417(m): 3:11pm On Apr 25, 2009
@tkb417

If the EPL is without doubt the best league, it should be able to replicate UCL performances in the UEFA cup, no be so?

My point is that no matter how you look at it, the top 4's performance doesn't tell us much if it's the same top 4 season after season and if the top 4's gulf with the rest of the league is quite large.

ol' boi, wetin u dey talk na
oya, lets start like this
tell me the best league in europe with ur reasons and ill be so quick to pick holes just like u did mine.
its now ur turn to tell which is the best
Re: Champions League: Can Barca Prevent Another All-English Final? by 4Play(m): 3:20pm On Apr 25, 2009
tkb417:

ol' boi, wetin u dey talk na
oya, lets start like this
tell me the best league in europe with ur reasons and ill be so quick to pick holes just like u did mine.
its now ur turn to tell which is the best

For the reasons I have outlined, it's virtually impossible to say what is the best league. What I know for certain is that all the talk that the EPL is the best on the basis of UCL performances by the same top 4 is ridiculous.

The UCL is one competition ,why stop there? What about the international tournaments, why wasn't the Final of the Euro '08 dominated by EPL players? Why wasn't the World Cup in '06 dominated by EPL players? Why isn't the EUFA Cup dominated by the EPL? Surely, the EPL should be able to replicate the performance in the UCL in another European competition.
Re: Champions League: Can Barca Prevent Another All-English Final? by dayokanu(m): 3:26pm On Apr 25, 2009
@Sharon,
Correction I meant knock out stages.

Then use 12 teams it still does not change the result.

Reminder all these were to favour EPL team

@tkb417

My point is that no matter how you look at it, the top 4's performance doesn't tell us much if it's the same top 4 season after season and if the top 4's gulf with the rest of the league is quite large

TKB cant come up with anything sensible, You stand a better chance of getting water from a rock.
If the EPL is the best they should be dominating both CL and UEFA cup like

Spain did in 2006(Barcelona and Sevilla), Germany did in 1997(Dortmund and Schalke) and Italy did for most of the 1990's

dud analysis!!!
its very simple, ask urself why the Bundesliga has just 3 slots and the epl and the rest have got 4
ask urself what matters, putting up appearance in the ucl or winning the trophies
stop using beer parlour generated analysis
save urself the stress by counting the trophies won by the 2 leagues
simple things are very difficult to understand hence ur 500-550 bollocks
ure not intelligent at all!!
we can understand why u say 4play is very intelligent, he uncovered ur goal.com theatrics Grin Grin Grin
ol'boi, stop tampering with ur brain cells, count ur fingers if u cant do simple analysis

TKB can you say something intelligent for once? You are going down the road of Switch47, Toba and Folahann
Re: Champions League: Can Barca Prevent Another All-English Final? by dayokanu(m): 3:31pm On Apr 25, 2009

For the reasons I have outlined, it's virtually impossible to say what is the best league. What I know for certain is that all the talk that the EPL is the best on the basis of UCL performances by the same top 4 is ridiculous.

The UCL is one competition ,why stop there? What about the international tournaments, why wasn't the Final of the Euro '08 dominated by EPL players? Why wasn't the World Cup in '06 dominated by EPL players? Why isn't the EUFA Cup dominated by the EPL? Surely, the EPL should be able to replicate the performance in the UCL in another European competition

OMG.

Can you come around more often and give your fellow EPL fans some tutorials on European football?
I have been trying to do that for a long time but they are just too thick skulled.

The strongest league should be able to dominate everywhere not just in one place.
Re: Champions League: Can Barca Prevent Another All-English Final? by Sauron1: 3:34pm On Apr 25, 2009
dayokanu:

@Sharon,
Correction I meant knock out stages.

Then use 12 teams it still does not change the result.

How did you arrive at your 70%, 80% and 90%.??
Re: Champions League: Can Barca Prevent Another All-English Final? by dayokanu(m): 3:41pm On Apr 25, 2009
Spain did in 2006(Barcelona and Sevilla), Germany did in 1997(Dortmund and Schalke) and Italy did for most of the 1990's

A champion deserves the highest point and those that make an effort too e.g Reaching the finals, reaching the knockout stages They all deserve points and in regressing order
Re: Champions League: Can Barca Prevent Another All-English Final? by tkb417(m): 3:43pm On Apr 25, 2009
TKB can you say something intelligent for once? You are going down the road of Switch47, Toba and Folahann
lemme use saurons line, in the posse of the witless, you are a crown prince!! grin

u shld read your 500-550 epistle in ur quiet time, u'll probably understand how moronic the thing reads.
uve always been in the circus of Toba and co cos ure perpetually a classic hoeey sprayer.

TKB cant come up with anything sensible, You stand a better chance of getting water from a rock.
If the EPL is the best they should be dominating both CL and UEFA cup like

how retarded!!
if Spain did in 2006, then we all were unanimous in saying the la liga was the best innit?
if Bundesliga did it b4 , im sure there were no dissneting voices as to their supremacy.  .   .
if dominating the ucl for 4 seasons now isnt a measure of supremacy, then tell us the best league.( u can use any parameter).

if ure not a classic doofus, u wont be here telling us the heroics of Bundesliga as far back as 1997 (12 years after)
buy urself brains cos its obvious u cant reason properly.

The UCL is one competition ,why stop there? What about the international tournaments, why wasn't the Final of the Euro '08 dominated by EPL players? Why wasn't the World Cup in '06 dominated by EPL players? Why isn't the EUFA Cup dominated by the EPL? Surely, the EPL should be able to replicate the performance in the UCL in another European competition.

i hear your lines
but i dont need to study physics to know the Bundesliga and the Serie A cant measure up to the epl. ol' boi, its only a matter of lil time and i bet it, the epl will start dominating the competitions u mentioned. the trend is there for all to see
the who is who is moving to the epl to play

How did you arrive at your 70%, 80% and 90%.??
lol! it beats me.
how stupid
Re: Champions League: Can Barca Prevent Another All-English Final? by dayokanu(m): 3:59pm On Apr 25, 2009
i hear your lines
but i dont need to study physics to know the[b] Bundesliga and the Serie A cant measure up to the epl[/b]. ol' boi, its only a matter of lil time and i bet it, the epl will start dominating the competitions u mentioned. the trend is there for all to see
the who is who is moving to the epl to play

Wolfsburg eliminated Portsmouth

Hamburg eliminated Man city

hamburg defeated Aston Villa
Re: Champions League: Can Barca Prevent Another All-English Final? by tkb417(m): 4:01pm On Apr 25, 2009
Wolfsburg eliminated Portsmouth

Hamburg eliminated Man city

hamburg defeated Aston Villa
halleluyah!!!

please send them to UCL next season grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

What Do You Make Of This Story On John Terry By The Sun / Manchester City Vs Bournemouth Carabao Cup : 2 - 1 On 24th September 2020 / Inter Milan V Bayern Munich Ucl Final Prediction Contest: Prize $100!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 118
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.