Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,544 members, 7,808,997 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:50 PM

El Rufai 'insults' Osinbajo - Déjà Vu (Vanguard) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / El Rufai 'insults' Osinbajo - Déjà Vu (Vanguard) (51484 Views)

El-Rufai Visits Man Attacked In Kaduna By Muslim Youths For Not Fasting / Mallam El Rufai ‘insults’ Osinbajo – Déjà Vu / El Rufai ‘insults’ Osinbajo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

El Rufai 'insults' Osinbajo - Déjà Vu (Vanguard) by kachysblog(f): 6:00am On Oct 01, 2015
By Ochereome Nnanna

ALL is not well between Vice President Yemi Osinbajo and the man widely referred to as the “unofficial vice president”, Mallam Nasir el Rufai, the governor of Kaduna State. Proof: after a meeting of the National Economic Council (NEC) held on 17th September, 2015, el Rufai showed up in Osinbajo’s office and both took a photograph, all smiles; and splashed them all over the internet. Purpose: to debunk the “rumours” making the rounds that they had exchanged insults. To confirm the story further, a meeting of the All Progressives Congress (APC) National Working Committee (NWC) a couple of days ago tabled as an item for discussion/resolution the “face-off” between Osinbajo and el Rufai.

El Rufai has been throwing his weight around since Buhari emerged as President of Nigeria. He is widely reputed to have been behind the double shuffle we saw on the last day of Professor Attahiru Jega as the Chairman of the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC). Remember, Jega at the expiration of his tenure, had handed over to Alhaji Ahmed Wali as the Acting National Chairman. Barely six hours after that a letter from President Buhari ordered Wali to hand over to Hajiya Amina Zakari, a perceived close relation, to act as National Chairman. This was in total contravention of the law; an illegality that subsists till today when Zakari is preparing to conduct the Bayelsa and Kogi State governorship elections. Fingers pointed to el Rufai for carrying out the “coup” which is liable to compromise the independence of the INEC. It could feather Buhari and his APC’s political nest and compromise the integrity of our future elections.
El Rufai is also believed to be the brain behind the appointment of Mallam Abba Kyari as the Chief of Staff to the President. He also reportedly got the founder of the #Bringback Our Girls campaigners (one of the outfits used to hound former President Goodluck Jonathan out of power), Hadiza Bala Usman a seat on Buhari’s Advisory Committee on Anti-Corruption. There is hardly any trip Buhari considers important that el Rufai does not abandon his governorship job in Kaduna to accompany him to. And there is virtually no important meeting that Buhari convenes that el Rufai does not attend as a close confidant and adviser. El Rufai is having a time of his life as the younger Northern brain that Buhari draws from to rule Nigeria.

This is not the first time he is enjoying this run of power in Aso Villa. Remember his days with former President Olusegun Obasanjo? He came into the Obasanjo government through the good graces of former Vice President Atiku Abubakar, who made him the Director General of the Bureau of Public Enterprises (BPE). But when the power struggle between Obasanjo and Atiku turned nasty and no-holds-barred, el Rufai nipped over to Obasanjo. His influence rapidly grew, and the pioneer Chairman of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC), Nuhu Ribadu, once described him as ‘the de facto No. 2 official” in the Obasanjo presidency.
In turn, el Rufai disclosed that Ribadu would be appointed Minister of Power when Obasanjo’s handpicked successor, Governor Umaru Yar’ Adua, won the presidential election in 2007. Incidentally, when Yar’ Adua assumed office, el Rufai fled to Boston/Baltimore in America while Ribadu went into self-exile in the UK. They both returned under our dovish former President Jonathan. But while Ribadu found his place in that regime, el Rufai, after being ignored by Jonathan for “too long”, joined the Arewa army for the return of power to the North by all means as a propagandist. El Rufai became a foot soldier for Buhari when the latter broke his resolve not to run for election again and started the journey with Bola Tinubu toward the birth of the now ruling APC.

If the constitution and the political behaviour of Nigerians had allowed it, Buhari could have preferred to have a Northern Muslim as his vice president, just as he did when he and the late Major General Tunde Idiagbon, a fellow Fulani Muslim, paired for head of state and deputy in 1984. But for political expediency and to brighten his electoral chances, Prof. Osinbajo, a Christian cleric, was ‘foisted” on him. I remember the day Osinbajo was unveiled as Buhari’s VP late in 2014. He said he was “proud” to be Buhari’s running mate.

He must have since discovered that he was merely a “burden of necessity”. On June 5th, 2015, barely a week after he took oath as Vice President, Osinbajo was reportedly barred from attending a national security meeting where the anti-Boko Haram strategy was discussed. He was ignominiously referred to by newly-installed Senate President, Dr. Bukola Saraki as “a mere commissioner”. And when he went to Aso Villa Chapel to worship, he found it under lock and key! It was only the media uproar which this generated that got it reluctantly opened for him to worship in.

The latest humiliation of Osinbajo came at a recent meeting presided over by Buhari. El Rufai, still being true to himself, reportedly used “rude” words on Osinbajo, who, in annoyance, told him off and walked out of the meeting. We hope the APC will be able to mend the fence between the elected Vice President and the kitchen cabinet “vice president”, one of Buhari’s “long suffering disciples”.

Down memory lane: IBB Boys disrespected Commodore Ebitu Ukiwe as Babangida’s No. 2 in 1986 and the Abiriba-born sea warrior resigned honourably from government. Al Mustapha and Abacha’s Boys humiliated General Sani Abacha’s Deputy, Lt Gen Oladipo Diya in 1998 when he was condemned to death for coup plotting. The Katsina “Yar’ Adua cabal” trampled former Vice President Jonathan underfoot and we had to invoke a “doctrine of necessity” to promote him to President when Yar’ Adua died in 2010. The French say: déjà vu: Nigerians say: nor bi today.

But the only Northern Vice Presidents – Atiku and Namadi Sambo – enjoyed dignified tenures of office without harassment by Southern “underlings”. Why? Answer that.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/10/el-rufai-insults-osinbajo-deja-vu/

62 Likes 5 Shares

Re: El Rufai 'insults' Osinbajo - Déjà Vu (Vanguard) by SeverusSnape(m): 6:04am On Oct 01, 2015
As a Fulani, El-rufai has more right/power than even the so called 'vice president'. Osinbajo na boy-boy.

He's just there as a figurehead, He's Tinubu's stooge... And even Buhari can't trust anything coming from the kleptomaniac in chief.

129 Likes 12 Shares

Re: El Rufai 'insults' Osinbajo - Déjà Vu (Vanguard) by koboko69: 6:08am On Oct 01, 2015
A wailing theory...

NEXT.....

75 Likes 11 Shares

Re: El Rufai 'insults' Osinbajo - Déjà Vu (Vanguard) by spenca: 6:16am On Oct 01, 2015
Dumbo, El rufai wasn't appointed by Atiku in obj's regime in fact he met obj before he ever met Atiku so just shut the hell up n move on .

99 Likes 6 Shares

Re: El Rufai 'insults' Osinbajo - Déjà Vu (Vanguard) by owolabieleniyan(m): 6:19am On Oct 01, 2015
Cool
Re: El Rufai 'insults' Osinbajo - Déjà Vu (Vanguard) by museveni(m): 6:21am On Oct 01, 2015
El-rufai should not misinterprete the humility of our pastor VP for cowardice. Osinbajo is the sole reason I supported Buhari. Nigeria will be doomed if we were to have a man like Sambo as VP. Buhari should watch that green snake in the green grass.

70 Likes 2 Shares

Re: El Rufai 'insults' Osinbajo - Déjà Vu (Vanguard) by lincolnj88: 6:22am On Oct 01, 2015
grin
Osinbajo a mere commisioner calling us for meeting...... Saraki
Osibanjo yaro munahiki, wawa ne........ El rufai

Watch as d zombies comes in droves to blame igbo for these insults

133 Likes 13 Shares

Re: El Rufai 'insults' Osinbajo - Déjà Vu (Vanguard) by doublewisdom: 6:27am On Oct 01, 2015
Again? Saraki calls him "a mere commissioner ", El Rufai Calls him "a burden of necessity vice president", who knows what Buhari calls him?

79 Likes 6 Shares

Re: El Rufai 'insults' Osinbajo - Déjà Vu (Vanguard) by pet4ril(f): 6:28am On Oct 01, 2015
SeverusSnape:
As a Fulani, El-rufai has more right/power than even the so called 'vice president'. Osinbajo na boy-boy.
he's still and will remain the vice president for at least 4yrs and it's even better to be the president's boy boy than than been a boy boy to a business man that you will beg everything. ...Good things always follow those that appreciates it. Boy boy my foot mtcheeeeeeeeeeeeew

46 Likes 5 Shares

Re: El Rufai 'insults' Osinbajo - Déjà Vu (Vanguard) by Aufbauh(m): 6:28am On Oct 01, 2015
Vanguard wailer-in-chief con speculator, Ochereome Nnanna i greet you. Longest time no see, how have life been treating you since March 28th?
I stopped over at your office last month to greet you but was told you were not on sit as you're still recuperating from an unknown injuries.
I attempted to call but you never picked up your calls, the last was your cousin in your house who picked up the call & identify himself simply as Chukwudi, he said you were preparing for a case that involves el rufai and Osinbajo.
I was first amazed as I've never knew you as a lawyer preparing a case file but when i flash back to the pre election era i then remembered you could be a speculator even though your speculations are always wrong.
Meanwhile, because you've refused to pick or returned my calls, and also failed to reply my heart felt messages, I've decided to use nairaland forum to get my message to you.
Once again more inspirations in your Speculative abilities.

134 Likes 8 Shares

Re: El Rufai 'insults' Osinbajo - Déjà Vu (Vanguard) by RockMaxi: 6:30am On Oct 01, 2015

Osinbajo shoul leave El rufai alone, El rufai is bound to commit administrative blunders that will burn his fingers sooner or later.
Osinbajo should just maintain his constitutional role.

46 Likes 5 Shares

Re: El Rufai 'insults' Osinbajo - Déjà Vu (Vanguard) by VickJames(m): 6:34am On Oct 01, 2015
An errand boy will always be an errand boy. A governor having more say than a vice-president shows the inability of the vice-president to maintain his status as the vice-president.

His charisma doesn't even show a man that can be respected nor feared. For Saraki to call him "mere commissioner" shows how people in APC see him, a puppet.
They see him as Tinubu's baby.

The only thing we see or hear about him are:

1. Going to IDP's
2. Visiting countries with no clear intentions.
3. Visiting universities to lie to students about invisible 5000naira.

When you look at the ways they have treated this man since the beginning of this tenure, you'll know that if the vice-president wants to come out as a president, he will be pushed to the corner and will not garner a vote.

A good lawyer doesn't make you a powerful man. Power and law are from two different worlds. The powerful give laws, while the lawyers quote the powerful.

128 Likes 19 Shares

Re: El Rufai 'insults' Osinbajo - Déjà Vu (Vanguard) by san316(m): 6:36am On Oct 01, 2015
If vanguard actually published this, then I give up.

Very useless write up.

37 Likes 2 Shares

Re: El Rufai 'insults' Osinbajo - Déjà Vu (Vanguard) by PassingShot(m): 6:39am On Oct 01, 2015
I gave up on this nonsense the moment I read this:
Buhari could have preferred to have a Northern Muslim as his vice president, just as he did when he and the late Major General Tunde Idiagbon, a fellow Fulani Muslim, paired for head of state and deputy in 1984.

Did Buhari choose or have the power to choose his deputy as the military HOS?

Was Idiagbon a Fulani man from the North.

This article is an hatchet job by the partisan jouno who wrote it. It's not worth proper response.

102 Likes 9 Shares

Re: El Rufai 'insults' Osinbajo - Déjà Vu (Vanguard) by angieberry(f): 6:42am On Oct 01, 2015
Seun another scammer on the loose
jamesakinlade22:
Get Data Here With Me

4 Likes

Re: El Rufai 'insults' Osinbajo - Déjà Vu (Vanguard) by jamex93(m): 6:43am On Oct 01, 2015
eyah
Re: El Rufai 'insults' Osinbajo - Déjà Vu (Vanguard) by Warlord3000(m): 6:43am On Oct 01, 2015
Slept off reading the junk..

Yawning already..

Balderdash

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: El Rufai 'insults' Osinbajo - Déjà Vu (Vanguard) by Blackfire(m): 6:45am On Oct 01, 2015
Politicians playing us the gullible citizens like ping pong.
Fight and die for them at your own peril.
Oops they are here...
*dancing shakitibobo out of thread*

4 Likes

Re: El Rufai 'insults' Osinbajo - Déjà Vu (Vanguard) by Nobody: 6:47am On Oct 01, 2015
If the constitution and the political behaviour of Nigerians
had allowed it, Buhari could have preferred to have a
Northern Muslim as his vice president, just as he did when
he and the late Major General Tunde Idiagbon, a fellow
Fulani Muslim

This writer is an 1diot, Which fulani did buhari choose as his running mate in previous elections?

41 Likes 2 Shares

Re: El Rufai 'insults' Osinbajo - Déjà Vu (Vanguard) by SeverusSnape(m): 6:50am On Oct 01, 2015
pet4ril:
he's still and will remain the vice president for at least 4yrs and it's even better to be the president's boy boy than than been a boy boy to a business man that you will beg everything. ...Good things always follow those that appreciates it. Boy boy my foot mtcheeeeeeeeeeeeew
Keep giving yourself hope. Osibanjo is just a figurehead, Don't you know El-rufai is the de-facto vice president?

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: El Rufai 'insults' Osinbajo - Déjà Vu (Vanguard) by Nobody: 6:51am On Oct 01, 2015
I'm short of words
Re: El Rufai 'insults' Osinbajo - Déjà Vu (Vanguard) by tunwumi: 6:53am On Oct 01, 2015
Stop taking medicine for another man's headache

5 Likes

Re: El Rufai 'insults' Osinbajo - Déjà Vu (Vanguard) by babyfaceafrica: 6:53am On Oct 01, 2015
PassingShot:
I gave up on this nonsense tge moment I read this:

Did Buhari choose or have the power to choose his deputy as the military HOS?

Was Idiagbon a Fulani man from the North.

This article is an hatchet job by the partisan jouno who wrote it. It's not worth proper response.
my broda,I think say na only me see am o...tunde is naw a fulani nw,idiagbon is now from the north..chai...poor journalism!!!

38 Likes 2 Shares

Re: El Rufai 'insults' Osinbajo - Déjà Vu (Vanguard) by handie(m): 6:55am On Oct 01, 2015
Wailers. They'll always find something to wail about. I bet ya'll never thought Buhari will submit the ministerial list yesterday and as such, already prepared ur wailing articles but when he did, u guys just gotta find something else to wail about...... A day won't be worth it without ur wailings na. Tunde Idiagbon a fulani man? I thought I've heard it all. Aso villa chapel closed? Not when the VP himself came out to debunk the rumor(abi our VP is now a liar?). Did VP Osinbajo or Governor El'Rufai come out to tell you there's a rift between them? When'll u wailers start thinking before writing? Ya'll are here wailing and Yomi Osinbajo (SAN) is in Aso rock villa enjoying all the perks of office with over a quarter of a million in his account. In Sanusi Lamido Sanusi's voice, GO AND BUY SOME SENSE. or if you can't buy some sense, In Adams Oshiomole's voice, GO AND DIE

37 Likes 1 Share

Re: El Rufai 'insults' Osinbajo - Déjà Vu (Vanguard) by seunmsg(m): 6:56am On Oct 01, 2015
Igbos always writing nonsense stuff to get back at Yorubas. You guys claim to be the power behind PDP and still, they party has zoned the presidency to the North. Instead of fighting the seeming injustice in your party, you are all about the Internet trying to malign the personality of credible yoruba leaders. No wonder nobody takes you guys serious in the political scheme of things.

29 Likes 2 Shares

Re: El Rufai 'insults' Osinbajo - Déjà Vu (Vanguard) by truefact: 6:57am On Oct 01, 2015
The fetish suffercated yorubas won't like this. ..they will play the ostrich and dumb as usual, and divert the attention of the thread to igbos. ..Even MKO that hausa fulanis killed, diabolical yoruba still blame nzeribe up till today

28 Likes 4 Shares

Re: El Rufai 'insults' Osinbajo - Déjà Vu (Vanguard) by disloman(m): 6:59am On Oct 01, 2015
SeverusSnape:

He's just there as a figurehead, He's Tinubu's stooge... And even Buhari can't trust anything coming from the kleptomaniac in chief.
Na dem ask you the question for who want to be a millionaire who is the VP?make you tell dem say na El-rufai.Some people are just dumb in nature.

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: El Rufai 'insults' Osinbajo - Déjà Vu (Vanguard) by SeverusSnape(m): 7:02am On Oct 01, 2015
disloman:
Na dem ask you the question for who want to be a millionaire who is the VP?make you tell dem say na El-rufai.Some people are just dumb in nature.
Yes, VP only on paper but not in deeds.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: El Rufai 'insults' Osinbajo - Déjà Vu (Vanguard) by softvio(m): 7:03am On Oct 01, 2015
"mere commissioner and ......"

1 Like

Re: El Rufai 'insults' Osinbajo - Déjà Vu (Vanguard) by DONMAYOR19(m): 7:05am On Oct 01, 2015
koboko69:
A wailing theory...

NEXT.....
we like am sir, as long say na una slave master insult the mere commissioner, to una eye the thing go be normal thing. I love wailing to masturbating.

13 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Goodluck Jonathan Visits Maman Daura For APC Ticket - Sowore (Photo) / EFCC To Seize Orji Uzor Kalu’s Sun Newspaper, Houses, Other Properties / Sheikh Gumi: Nigeria Needs Experienced Leader. Muslim-Muslim Ticket Is Wayo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.